altar | altars
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Altar"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- A variety of flowers should be offered. (42) Another mangala-arati should be offered. (43) A mirror should be offered. (44) The Lord should be carried on a nice palanquin to the altar
- Accompanied by His personal associates and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu circumambulated the altar of Jagannatha. The Lord then departed on His South Indian tour
- After offering the plate, the balance in the pots should be distributed immediately. The plate can remain on the altar while the rest is being distributed
- All food is offered within the temple room just below the altar of Jagannatha. This bhoga, however, was offered on the stone slab within the vision of the public; therefore it is called upala-bhoga
- All the three altars should be of the same style. I am enclosing the copy of the style which I have approved for all three altars. This style is nice, the one which you had chosen for Lord Ramacandra's altar, so you can use this style for all three
- Animals sacrificed on the altar of yajna were rejuvenated and a new life was given to them. It was just to prove the efficacy of the hymns of the Vedas
- As soon as the oblation was offered in the fire, a person appeared from the fire altar wearing a golden garland and a white dress. He was carrying a golden pot filled with rice boiled in milk
- As you are not living separately, you may put your deity on the regular temple altar, and as they are caring for the deity and feeding and dressing and cleansing, so the temple pujari may also give your deity the proper care and worship
- At the present moment, the word religion is being sacrificed on the altar of materialistic tendencies
- For performing sacrificial ceremonies, one requires sacrificial ingredients, such as flowers, leaves and straw, along with the sacrificial altar and a suitable time - spring
- For the impersonalist, the fire altar of sacrifice is the Supreme Brahman, and the offering is the self being consumed by the fire of Brahman. BG 1972 purports
- He (Yudhisthira) took all the responsibility for sins committed in the warfare, and to get rid of all these sins, he wanted to perform three sacrifices in which horses are offered at the altar. Such a sacrifice is very costly
- Householders can have small altars, and Guru-Gauranga and Jagannatha may be worshiped, but you should not spend a lot of time in this way to try to make the worship "first-class" as you say
- I (Vyasadeva) have, under strict disciplinary vows, unpretentiously worshiped the Vedas, the spiritual master and the altar of sacrifice
- I am very much pleased to hear that all the preparation for Rathayatra Festival are very nice. Regarding the Jagannatha deities, They can be placed on the altar, that is sufficient
- If you can induce all the women of Los Angeles to place an altar in their homes and help their husbands have peaceful, happy home life in Krishna Consciousness, that will be very great service for you
- In front of the temple, in a very attractive place among two bakula trees and a kadamba tree, is the tomb of Paramesvari Thakura, and above it is an altar with a tulasi bush. It is said that only one flower a year comes out of the kadamba tree.
- In other places, the following offenses (to Deity worship) are listed: (f) to sit on the altar or to sit on the floor to worship the Deity (without a seat), (g) to touch the Deity with the left hand while bathing the Deity
- In the Manu-smrti it is recommended that by offerings of sacrifice on the altar of the fire, the sun-god is pleased. When the sun-god is pleased, he properly collects water from the sea, and thus sufficient clouds collect on the horizon and rains fall
- It (animal sacrifice) is good for the animal in the sense that the sacrificed animal is at once promoted to the human form of life after being sacrificed at the altar, and the animal-eater is saved from grosser types of sins
- Keep bugs from the altar and Deity. You cannot allow them to disturb the Deity. Best is that you try and catch them and throw them out rather than kill them but if killing them is the only alternative, what can be done?
- Krsna continued, "You (Akrura) cannot deny that the jewel is with you because we can understand that you have enhanced your opulence and are performing sacrifices on an altar made of solid gold"
- On an altar made of gems in the principal temple of Vrndavana, amidst a forest of desire trees, Lord Govinda, the son of the King of Vraja, sits upon a throne of gems and manifests His full glory and sweetness, thus enchanting the entire world
- One should decorate his body with gopicandana, wear neck beads, collect tulasi leaves from the tulasi tree, cleanse his cloth and the altar, cleanse his own house or apartment and go to the temple and ring the bell just to draw the attention of Lord Krsna
- One should perform his daily spiritual duties and then, with great attention, offer worship to the Deity of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and also to the altar, the sun, water, fire and the spiritual master
- One who lays down his life on the sacrificial altar, or in the proper battlefield, is at once cleansed of bodily reactions and promoted to a higher status of life. So there was no cause for Arjuna's lamentation
- Our new temple house is very, very nice, and the boys and girls here have renovated and decorated it very gorgeously. When the temple room is complete with the new altars, thrones, etc. I will send you some pictures
- She assumed a frightening body, as if she were prepared to destroy the entire creation. Leaping violently from the altar, she immediately decapitated all the rogues and thieves with the very sword with which they had intended to kill Jada Bharata
- So far as the Deities are concerned, they should be repaired nicely and replaced on the altar. While being repaired, where is the question of offering? The picture on the altar is all right for the present
- So far I am concerned, I have no objection if there is carved form of guru on the Guru-Gauranga altar, but one thing, is unless that sculptor is very excellent, it should not be attempted
- So you describe that you have set up an altar in your home and you are offering prasadam, and this is all approved by me
- The Chandogya Upanisad describes the Vedic sacrificial process. On the sacrificial altar, five kinds of offerings are made into five kinds of fire
- The conch shell is place on the altar and used for blowing. It is pleasing to the Deity and a bona fide item of worship. Never mind all the rumors you have heard
- The conch shells as you have described may be kept on the altar as decoration, but they must be kept clean. Everything on the altar must always be clean
- The Deity should be placed in bed with Srimati Radharani, and this should be indicated by bringing the wooden slippers from the altar to the bedside
- The four great sages were elder to Lord Siva, and when they were seated on the golden throne, they appeared just like fire blazing on an altar. Maharaja Prthu, out of his great gentleness & respect for them, began to speak with great restraint as follows
- The idea to have a wider larger altar for Radha-Krishna is approved however on the plan which you have enclosed it appears that there are pillars separating Lalita and Visakha from Radha-Krishna
- There is no question of installing more than one set of Radha Krsna deities. The smaller set of Radha Krsna deities may be set on the altar at the feet of the larger ones, as you describe. But they are not installed
- There must be an asana, a sitting place before the altar. This asana is for the spiritual master. The disciple brings everything before the spiritual master, and the spiritual master offers everything to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We have altars, we have pictures. We offer fruits, flowers, incense, and immediately, by combination of these things, there is some spiritual atmosphere, and there is chanting. So people enjoy it very nicely
- When an expert priest is not available, the animal sacrifice in the fire of the sacrificial altar is forbidden