"frog philosophy"|"frog's philosophy"|"frog philosopher"|"frog philosophers"|"froggish philosophers"|"frog philosophical way"
Pages in category "Frog Philosophy"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A frog, when informed of the gigantic length and breadth of the ocean, first of all does not believe that there is such an ocean
- Actually the tiny human brain is unable to conceive of the activities of the Lord, which are therefore called inconceivable. Yet the frog-philosophers still try to give some imaginary explanation
- All these rascal scientists, they are all frog in the well. They have got little calculation of this planet, and they have no information of... There are so many millions of planets
- I am so glad to know that you are soon to complete the Dr. Frog story, and I shall be anxious to see the final result
- If someone assures him that there is such a thing the frog begins to measure it by imagination by means of pumping its belly as far as possible, with the result that the tiny abdomen bursts and the poor one dies without any experience of the actual ocean
- Similarly when there is question of greatness, that is possible, that expansion. And because I cannot expand, frog philosophy, therefore Krsna cannot expand, that is nonsense. We are thinking always in terms of my position
- Since Arjuna was unable to estimate the length and breadth of the potency of the Lord, who else would be able to do so? One may only indulge in miscalculation like the frog-philosopher
- The doubt arising in the mind of Narada about Brahmaji's becoming all-powerful is a lesson for the frogs in the well, that they may not be bewildered in misconceiving the identity of the Personality of Godhead
- "The frog in the well" logic illustrates that a frog residing in the atmosphere and boundary of a well cannot imagine the length and breadth of the gigantic ocean
- The frog is perpetually within the well, and if somebody informs him that there is another big span of water, Atlantic Ocean, he simply calculates that "It may be a little more than this well, little more than this well"
- The frog-philosopher wanted to estimate the length and breadth of the Pacific Ocean by his experience of a well three cubic feet large, and he began to puff himself up to become as big as the Pacific Ocean, but at last he burst and died by this process
- The froggish philosophers and mundane wranglers in science and mathematical calculation may not believe in the inconceivable potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but they are sometimes puzzled by the wonderful jugglery of man and nature
- The froggish philosophers may go on with their mental speculations on the subject matter of the virat, the gigantic form exhibited by the yogamaya internal potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead but no one can measure such a vast exhibition
- The froggish philosophers who put forward the argument that the Supreme Lord is overpowered by the material mode of goodness are themselves illusioned by the same material energy, although they think of themselves as liberated souls
- The frogs in the well, they cannot understand. You should be not a frog in the well; you should be liberal to hear from the authorities, Vedas. Then you will understand
- The inconceivable yogam aisvaram of the Lord, as mentioned in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.5), is misunderstood by the froggish philosophers
- The Indian culture of today is restricted by the hereditary caste system and kept in the custody of narrow-minded people who are like frogs in a well
- The mundane Ph.D.'s are completely unable to speculate on the Supreme with their limited senses. Such attempts by the puffed up Ph.D's are compared to the philosophy of the frog in the well
- There are some froggish philosophers who want to know the Supreme Soul by means of philosophy and mental speculation
- They support their arguments by a false and laborious jugglery of words, which is a gift of the same illusory energy of the Lord. But the poor froggish philosophers, due to a false sense of knowledge, cannot understand the situation
- This long duration of life (Brahma's) may not be believed by "the frog in the well," but persons who have a realization of the truths mentioned in the BG accept the existence of a great personality who creates the variegatedness of the complete universe
- To support a theory that Narayana (God Himself) becomes a daridra-narayana, a poor man, they (the froggish philosophers) propose that the material energy overcomes God. Jiva Gosvami & Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura offer a very nice example in explanation
- We have explained several times. Kupa-manduka-nyaya. The frog within the well, he is calculating the dimension of Pacific Ocean. So by this dog, frog philosophical way, we can, we cannot understand what is God
- When the devotees, who are to some extent in knowledge of the Supreme Lord, admit that the glories of the Lord are inestimable or inconceivable, the froggish philosophers adversely criticize them