Questions On... Modes of Material Nature
Pages in category "Questions On... Modes of Material Nature"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- A devotee becomes more surrendered because the influence of the modes, the three modes, becomes diminished, or is the influence just changed from ignorance and passion to goodness?
- A devotee who is very faithful reaches this stage (devotees are neither in the goodness, passion, or ignorance. They are transcendental to all these qualities)?
- Although we are conscious, our consciousness seems to be affected by different material arrangements... Is that simply the arrangement of the modes of nature?
- And that machine (of nature) also makes distinction, doesn't it?
- Another thing is they know they are taking body again and again. They are taking the body again and again after birth. Why they are committing again and again sins and which mode of nature...?
- Are the devotees in the mode of goodness?
- Are the people in this age lusty in the modes of ignorance or are they lusty in all three modes?
- As soon as the modes of nature are no longer working on the spirit soul, then he experiences that he's no longer changing his body?
- Being in these modes determines your karma, is that correct?
- But how so many things are working under the laws...?
- But is good bondage good?
- But is meditation in itself..., would that be sufficient to transcend these lower...?
- But is this force (nature is forcing) irrational and blind? This is what he thinks
- Goodness (so without knowing how to give service, sometimes we may be punished. What kind of service we shall give? (indistinct) example. So there are three kinds of services: goodness, passion, and ignorance)?
- Goodness (the living entity is never born or it never dies. This is eternity. You change your body, but you eternal. Therefore he requires that sattva-guna)?
- If a neophyte devotee is with determination endeavoring for purification but he were to meet with death as he is still influenced by the lower modes, although he is seriously trying, then does he take another birth or does he go to Krsna?
- If the laws of nature are the laws of God, then how is it that sometimes they're even crueler than the actions..., they are more violent than the actions which ordinary men do, than that of a tyrant or a murderer?
- If we as devotees in Krsna consciousness movement are transcendental to these modes, does that mean that we can...?
- In our material contaminated state when we act in a foolishly or mad, then we call that tamas, or illusion, but in the spiritual sky when one is in his pure state of consciousness... Does something act upon him to make him illusioned at that point also?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it says that those who are different modes of nature, they have different types of charity and different types of religion. So does this mean religions that are already established in the Vedas or...?
- In the mode of ignorance, if he wishes to come to the platform of the mode of goodness, does he have to pass through the mode of passion to get to the mode of goodness? Or can you go directly from the mode of ignorance to the mode of goodness?
- Is it a chemical state that some people are more covered than others by the modes of nature?
- Is there a distinction between that mode of goodness described in the Eighteenth Chapter and the Fourteenth Chapter?
- Is there false ego in different modes? Like false ego in the mode of ignorance, false in the mode of passion or goodness?
- Is there some, any qualities, in the sense that some people have more receptivity towards the divine than other people?
- Is this faithfulness, is it a product of the mode of goodness?
- Isn't nature material?
- So cheating and like that, what mode is that?
- So false ego is the base of all material activities, but I may be acting in a certain mode, contaminated in a certain way. Is that right?
- So is it that in order to maintain something in this material world also, there has to be the touch of the mode of goodness?
- So is the spirit soul implicated in that decision in any way, or is it simply the three modes of material nature working?... So how is the spirit soul involved in it? Is the spirit soul choosing, or is the decision already made by his karma?
- So it's better to be in the mode of passion than the mode of ignorance?
- So let's say someone is in a very degraded condition of life, modes of ignorance, passion. Their mind is always disturbed. Is surrender to Krsna.... Is it possible that it can be independent even of the mind?
- So somebody who is honest will be in the mode of goodness. Would that be correct?
- So where that is described in the Third Canto, Part Four, where it is described about devotional service in ignorance, passion, and goodness, and so forth, that has nothing to do with your disciples then?
- Some birds we see behave like a little influenced by the modes of goodness, though it is mixed… But some are like eagle, very passionate, wants to kill small birds as their food... Why? Is this possible just from the concept of molecular evolution?
- Some of the devotees, they fall down although they're striving to be in the mode of goodness. If they're sincere, they still fall down?
- Somehow or other, we create our own ignorance?
- Srila Prabhupada, in the Bhagavad-gita it says that happiness in the mode of goodness is in the beginning is like poison but at the end it is like nectar. Where does the poison end and where does the sweetness begin?
- Srila Prabhupada, is it that when a devotee is situated in the mode of goodness and that...?
- What about if one is in the mode of goodness (it's not possible that one's happy?)?
- What about like the cow, little goodness in it, mixed?... And the lion, little passion?
- What about tamo-guna? Does tamo-guna have a relationship with the body?
- What are the rules of the material nature? Again, from experience, I know that one year, I couldn't do something and then, with a certain amount of practice, the next year I could. And so the rule has changed. It no longer is out of my grasp
- What does it mean in the Gita, Prabhupada, when Krsna says only the modes of material nature are acting?
- What is meant by the mode of ignorance and the mode of goodness?
- What merits a person coming back in human life? It seems like an elevated birth. How does mode of passion give one the opportunity of human life?
- When we learn to love Krsna, do we transcend goodness?
- When we use the word "natural," though we usually refer to it as "according to the laws of nature," but a person who's also "natural," would he not come to Krsna consciousness or would he not pursue Krsna consciousness?
- Why do we choose the dark? Why are we all in the dark, most of us?
- Why would God want to keep the living entities in darkness?
- Why would you want to stop nature's law acting in its natural way?
- You enquire about the mode of goodness, and why such people do not worship Krishna
- You say that we have a choice, that either we can surrender to Krsna, or we can remain under the control of the external energy. Those in the mode of passion and ignorance, do they have any choice?
- You were saying that when one is in the mode of goodness, that he is on the mental platform?