Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Class, Divisions of Society
This category contains questions dealing with divisions of society such as caste, varna, asrama (spiritual order), socioeconomic designations, etc.
Pages in category "Questions On... Class, Divisions of Society"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- All classes of men should preach Krsna consciousness?
- And what will be the benefit of classifying men according to their qualities?
- Another question comes. Why, how the caste system has crippled our society so much, was accepted by...?
- Are sudras supposed to take sannyasa also?
- Are the lower human species responsible for sinful activities?
- Are the majority of citizens sudras? In a varnasrama society?
- Are we not training all classes of men? In Krsna consciousness...?
- Are you all becoming first-class men? You want to become first-class men?
- Can all people have an equal interest in religion despite their different classifications?
- Can it be understand that if a person, for instance, some Americans are very wealthy, that they... (pious family means automatically he gets chance to become Krsna conscious)?
- Can't we all be combined in a single person rather than dividing them into four, at least in the present age?
- Catur-varnyam maya srstam: is it applicable to India alone, or the whole world?
- Cobbler (woman can take care of the milk products or spining (spinning). And sudras can be engaged for working as weaver, as a blacksmith, a goldsmith. There are so many things)?
- Fight in a real..., sword, fight with swords (in these days, the same principles are there. Ksatriyas should fight for Krsna. That is his perfection of life… Then the question is whom shall we fight now? Those who are not Krsna conscious)?
- From which class of society in the United Sates do most of your disciples come?
- He says, "Does this Krsna consciousness message apply as well to the outcastes?"
- How about people who aren't first-class intelligence, people, as you mentioned, the foolish. What message...?
- How about the third and fourth-classes?
- How in the beginning is it decided that somebody is working and he should be given or not given (let them (lazy people) become sudra. Let them become servant. No property. If you work, you can get food. Just like animal)?
- How is it that the devotees who run the great temple of Jagannatha refuse to allow foreigners and certain low-caste people, when this was the favorite place of Lord Caitanya, who, like you say, advocated that it should be taught in every town and village?
- How it is possible, how the most degraded of the human society be more than a Brahmana?
- How this social order can be generated in India?
- Huns. They were considered like that (to be aborigines)?
- I don't call myself first-class, second-class, third-class. As you said, there are no first-class men, second-class men. But then how, apart from making them (my children) first class that they should follow the religious...?
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna says He creates the four varnas and asramas, so these four classes of men are everywhere... Is it correct to say that each man only finds his satisfaction performing a particular type of work according to his mode of nature?
- Is it (understanding God) possible for poverty-stricken people, those who have to earn bread and money by the sweat of their brow?
- Is it (who is a sudra) determined by jati, by birth?
- Is it possible for a dog-eater to become a first-class man?
- Is it possible for people in the most animalistic conditions of life such as the Eskimos, who need meat to survive-is it possible for these people to become purified?
- Is it recommended that a woman become a sannyasi?
- It is a fact though that the repository of Indian culture and religion is Sanskrit. So are you saying then that the harijanas or these class of people...?
- She's (Mrs. Marchand) asking what should a woman do if she is alone?
- Some class of men produce vegetables and grains, some class produce cows, some class produce clothes, some class produce necessities for building. How are these things distributed equally?
- Suppose a person is born in a very poor family. What does that mean?
- The 400,000 different species of human life? There's one place in which you mention that different persons like carpenter or different tradesmen are different species. Is that...?
- These Turks are yavanas? Demons and yavanas?
- They (Harijanas) have their unions. How can we approach the union and talk to the leaders?
- We can ideally organize ourselves and then for the rest of the people all we can do is hope that they'll follow it?
- What are your qualifications for a sudra?
- What class of men did Lord Caitanya teach about?
- What incentives can be given to harijanas to learn Sanskrit, the repository of Indian culture and religion?
- What is Avadhuta? How does such a person engage?
- What is this Abhiras? Abhira?
- Who are these harijanas? What is their origin? What sins did they commit?
- Who decides whether a man, then, is..., fits into those criteria and becomes a first-class man? Who decides? Who is to say whether a man is first class or not?
- Who is a sudra? Is it determined by jati?
- Who is to decide whether a person is first-class, if they are a brahmana or whether they are ksatriya or vaisya
- Who were the aborigines they (Aryans) associated with?
- Why, how the caste system has crippled our society so much?
- Would you consider the caste system as designations?