- "The hatha-yoga system is meant for controlling the five kinds of air encircling the pure soul by different kinds of sitting postures"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Hatha-yoga"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- Because one cannot understand, therefore He has explained karma-yoga, jnana-yoga, dhyana-yoga, hatha-yoga, this yoga. And He has explained also the meaning
- Bhakti-yoga. It is not at all difficult. You haven't got to strain your body as in other hatha-yoga practice you have to very undergo hardship, to sit in a particular posture, in a particular place. These things are stated in the Bhagavad-gita
- By practicing hatha-yoga, pranayama and so forth one should counteract sufferings due to the body and mind. Similarly, by developing the mode of goodness, especially in regard to eating, one should conquer sleep
- In the hatha-yoga system one has to practice bodily exercises, dhyana, dharana, asana, meditation, etc. One also has to sit in one place in a particular posture and concentrate his gaze on the tip of the nose
- In the human society there are many different types of yoga system just to reconnect our relationship with Krsna. In the Bhagavad-gita they are explained differently, karma-yoga, jnana-yoga, hatha-yoga, dhyana-yoga, bhakti-yoga
- In this age of Kali Yuga it is not possible to faithfully follow the procedures of Hatha Yoga because our minds are too restless and our lives are very brief
- It is useless, simply wasting time. You cannot perform hatha-yoga in this age. You do not follow the rules and regulations. You are simply bluffed. Do you know what is the rules and regulations of hatha-yoga factually?
- Regarding the hatha-yoga system, which aims at the localized aspect of the Lord, Paramatma, it has been experienced that many yogis, such as Visvamitra, fall down
- Rules of hatha-yoga are not followed. Simply they have got some bodily gymnastic sitting posture. They are thinking, "I am practicing." No. That is one of the items. So all the items cannot be observed in this age. Therefore it is wasting
- Small child, he doesn't require to earn money for spending. If he's rich man's son, his father will take care of him. Similarly, a devotee does not endeavor to become expert in jnana-yoga, dhyana-yoga, hatha-yoga, this yoga. He depends on Krsna
- So actually this yoga system (hatha yoga) is very, very difficult. It may be possible by some solitary man, but for the general mass of people it is not possible
- So our Krsna consciousness movement is based on this principle. We do not request anyone to become a sannyasi or give up home and go to Himalaya and practice hatha-yoga. No. Our principle is that in whatever condition you are, you remain there
- The hatha-yoga system is especially recommended for persons who are grossly implicated in the bodily conception
- The hatha-yoga system is meant for controlling the five kinds of air encircling the pure soul by different kinds of sitting postures - not for any material profit, but for liberation of the minute soul from the entanglement of the material atmosphere
- The hatha-yoga system, or breathing system, is especially recommended for those who are very absorbed in the concept of bodily existence, but one who can perform the simple process of chanting Hare Krsna can fix the mind more easily
- The jnana-yoga system aims at the impersonal Brahman effulgence, and the hatha-yoga system aims at the localized personal aspect, the Paramatma feature of the Absolute Truth
- The word pranayamaih is very important in this verse (SB 4.23.8) because the hatha-yogis and astanga-yogis practice pranayama, but generally they do not know the purpose behind it
- The yoga system is for that purpose. Those who are too much bodily concept of life, bodily consciousness, they should practice this yoga—hatha-yoga, astanga-yoga—so that the mind can be purified
- The yoga system, as described in Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita or as recommended in the Patanjali yoga process, is different from the nowadays practiced hatha-yoga as it is generally understood in the Western countries
- The yogic practices in general and hatha-yoga in particular are not ends in themselves; they are means to the end of attaining steadiness
- There are different types of yoga system, bhakti-yoga, jnana-yoga, karma-yoga, hatha-yoga, dhyana-yoga. So many yogas. But the bhakti-yoga is the supermost
- There are many impediments, especially in this age of hypocrisy, to practicing hatha-yoga, dhyana-yoga and jnana-yoga, but there is no such problem in executing karma-yoga or bhakti-yoga
- There are so many rules and regulations for the hatha-yoga system that it is practically impossible to perform it in this age
- This system of yoga for controlling the breathing process is called pranayama, and in the beginning it is practiced in the hatha-yoga system through different sitting postures
- Those who are grossly in the concept of body, they are recommended to practice this hatha-yoga so that by this process his mind can be concentrated on Krsna
- Those who are not unalloyed devotees & who depend instead on such methods of spiritual realization as karma, jnana & hatha-yogas must leave the body at a suitable time & thereby be assured whether or not they will return to the world of birth & death
- Those who are too much bodily addicted, for them, this hatha-yoga process is good, recommended
- To do actual Hatha Yoga one must not live in the city, but he must go to a sacred spot, and completely freed from all attachments and all material desires and disturbances, he must concentrate his mind upon the Lord within his heart
- To make him (Arjuna) desireless the Lord preached the Bhagavad-gita, in which the ways of karma-yoga, jnana-yoga, hatha-yoga and also bhakti-yoga were explained
- We are not interested in these things like hatha-yoga and swimming. We do not encourage such useless activities. We would never take to such activities for earning money. We get money enough. We don't require to adopt any unauthorized means
- Whereas a jnana-yogi, karma-yogi or hatha-yogi has his own selfish interests, a perfect devotee has no desire other than to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore the Lord says that for anyone who is devoted to Him, He is easy to attain