"material distress"|"material distresses"|"materially distressed"|"material happiness and distress"|"material experiences (happiness and distress)" |"distress of the material"|"distresses of material"|"distress of this material"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Krsna Relieves Distress (1 C, 10 P)
Pages in category "Material Distress"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A devotee accepts the distress of this material world as happiness only due to the causeless mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- A devotee is always situated on the Brahman platform. He has nothing to do with material happiness or distress
- According to them (atheistic, materialistic Sankhyaites), combinations of material elements are the causes of material happiness and distress, and disintegration of matter is the cause of freedom from all material pangs
- Any person who has developed the ecstasy of love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and who is always merged in transcendental bliss on account of this love, cannot even perceive the material distress or happiness coming from the body or mind
- If a person offers obeisances to Me, even due to accepting Me only as an ordinary sannyasi, his material distresses will diminish, and he will ultimately get liberation
- If one takes to devotional service, all kinds of unnecessary labor and material distress cease entirely and one achieves all good fortune
- If the living being & the Lord were in the same category, then it would have been quite possible for Vyasadeva to see it & there would have been no question of material distress on the part of the illusioned being, for the Supreme Being is fully cognizant
- If we endeavor to improve our Krsna consciousness, the distresses of material life will disappear without extraneous endeavor
- In the material world, everyone is trying to get some material happiness, but as soon as we get some material happiness, there is also material distress
- It is mentioned in the Gita that one should try to be tolerant and not be disturbed by material happiness or distress
- Of course, one may say that he is not disturbed by material happiness, but he does not know that just after one enjoys so-called material happiness, material distress will follow. This is the law of the material world
- One practices yoga in order to attain perfection on the spiritual platform. There is no question of material happiness or distress. It is transcendental
- Simply offer all your talents and energies in this service of the Lord and know that Krsna promises that for one who surrenders fully unto Him, He fully protects such devotee from all kinds of material distresses and sinful reactions
- Since the spirit soul is completely different from this combination of gross & subtle material elements My devotee who is connected with Me in intense friendship & affection being completely in knowledge is never agitated by material happiness & distress
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted sannyasa so that even a foolish person who accepted Him as an ordinary sannyasi would offer Him respect, for this would help diminish his material distresses and ultimately liberate him from the material clutches
- Such persons (the lowest of fools) are almost on the level of the animals, who, although in the eyes of superiors are always miserable in life, are unaware of material distresses
- The difference between conditional life and liberated life occurs when we purify the mind and the consciousness. When they are purified, one becomes transcendental to material happiness and distress
- The different types of bodies means that is our punishment. We may think it as happiness, but as soon as you accept a material body, you are subjected to the four principles of material distresses
- The material distresses are birth, old age, disease and death, but those who are interested in pravrtti-marga hold various religious functions at the time of birth, old age, disease and death
- The materialistic mind covering the living entity's soul carries it to different species of life. This is called continued material existence. Due to the mind, the living entity suffers or enjoys material distress and happiness
- The mind is subjected to all kinds of material experiences (happiness and distress), and the intelligence is the feature of the mind's deliberation
- The Pracetas spoke as follows: Dear Lord, You relieve all kinds of material distress. Your magnanimous transcendental qualities and holy name are all-auspicious. This conclusion is already settled. You can go faster than the speed of mind and words
- The reaction of good work is comparative material prosperity, whereas the reaction of bad work is comparative material distress
- The Vedas enjoin: "Don't remain in the darkness of this material world. Go to the light of the spiritual world." To counteract the distress of this material body, one has to take on another distressed condition. Both situations are only illusion
- The yoga system, as here (in SB 3.25.13) stated by the Lord, is meant to end all material happiness and material distress
- They (the neophyte devotees) go into some place of worship and pray to God for mitigation of material distress, or for some economic development, or to satisfy their inquisitiveness
- Those who are always busy with fruitive activities come to the Lord in material distress and at that time associate with pure devotees and become, in their distress, devotees of the Lord