merciless | mercilessly | mercilessness
Pages in category "Merciless"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- A government official who poorly administers justice, or who punishes an innocent man, is taken by the assistants of Yamaraja to the hell known as Sukaramukha, where he is mercilessly beaten
- After seeing the cruel and merciless behavior of his son, Vena, King Anga punished him in different ways to reform him, but was unable to bring him to the path of gentleness. He thus became greatly aggrieved
- Akrura should not have been so merciless but should have taken compassion on them. The gopis went on to say, "The most astonishing feature is that Krsna, the son of Nanda, without consideration, has already seated Himself on the chariot"
- Alas, how merciless is Providence! My wife, unable to be helped by anyone, is in such an awkward position and lamenting for me. What will Providence gain by taking away this poor bird? What will be the profit?
- At that time King Puranjana was very much influenced by demoniac propensities. Because of this, his heart became very hard and merciless, and with sharp arrows he killed many innocent animals in the forest, taking no consideration
- Kamsa was so cruel that he did not listen to the pitiful prayers of his sister Devaki. He forcibly grabbed the newborn child to rebuke his sister and attempted to dash her on the stone mercilessly
- Krsna continued, "While I was kidnapping you (Rukmini), your elder brother Rukmi violently protested and fought with Me. As a result of the fight, I defeated him mercilessly and disfigured his body"
- Ksatriyas are allowed to practice this killing (animal) art because they have to kill their enemies mercilessly to maintain peace in society
- Since Krsna was absent from home, His wife Satyabhama was present on the night Satrajit was murdered, and she began to cry, "My dear father! My dear father! How mercilessly you have been killed"
- Since You (Krsna) are the most beloved son of Your father, Vasudeva, Your mother, Devaki, has sent me to inform You of the unfortunate news that Salva has arrested Your father and taken him away by force, just as a butcher mercilessly takes away an animal
- Siva could foresee that as soon as Sati reached her father's house, he, Daksa, being too puffed up because of bodily identification, would be angry at her presence, and although she was innocent and faultless, he would be mercilessly angry towards her
- Slaughtering animals, either for religion or for food, is most abominable and is condemned herein. Unless one is merciless, one cannot sacrifice animals, either in the name of religion or for food
- The boy was so cruel that while playing with young boys of his age he would kill them very mercilessly, as if they were animals meant for slaughter
- The elderly persons in Vrndavana are also merciless; they do not take our plight into consideration and stop Krsna's journey to Mathura
- They do not know that one day death will kick them out, mercilessly, and neither home, nor wife, nor children, nothing can prevent that
- Upon seeing the person engaged in performing the sacrifice, animals are extremely afraid, thinking, "This merciless performer of sacrifices, being ignorant of the purpose of sacrifice and being most satisfied by killing others, will surely kill us"
- Urvasi said: Women as a class are merciless and cunning. They cannot tolerate even a slight offense. For their own pleasure they can do anything irreligious, and therefore they do not fear killing even a faithful husband or brother
- When he entered the house to kill Satrajit, all the women there cried very loudly, but in spite of their great protests, Satadhanva mercilessly butchered Satrajit without hesitation, exactly as a butcher kills an animal in the slaughterhouse
- While Abhimanyu was being killed, mercilessly surrounded by seven great generals, the Pandavas came to his help, but Jayadratha, by the mercy of Lord Siva, repulsed them with great ability. At this, Arjuna took a vow to kill him