Pages in category "Understanding Caitanya"
The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total.
- Actually these things cannot even be described. One can understand them only by seeing. Considering His influence, I (Muslim spy) accept Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- After hearing this verse, Ramananda Raya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Without Your special mercy, how could this Rupa Gosvami have understood Your mind?"
- All Your activities are for the benefit of people in general. We cannot understand them, for Your intentions are deep and grave.
- Also, the Lord fully exhibited the ecstatic love and transcendental pastimes of Vrndavana through Srila Rupa Gosvami. Considering all this, who can understand the deep plans of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- As soon as the superintendent understood the desire of the Lord, he immediately delivered a hundred new waterpots and a hundred brooms for sweeping the temple
- At that time Sanatana Gosvami said to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. No one can understand the deep ideas You plan within Your heart"
- Balarama means guru-tattva. Balarama represents guru. Yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah. If we want to understand Caitanya Mahaprabhu, if we want to understand Krsna, then we must take shelter of Balarama
- Because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was repeatedly glancing at this valuable woolen blanket, Sanatana Gosvami could understand that the Lord did not approve of it. He then began to consider a way to give it up
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura wanted that European and American people may understand the philosophy of Caitanya cult and take part in it. That was his desire
- By understanding the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one can understand the truth about Krsna. By understanding Krsna, one can understand the limit of all knowledge described in various revealed scriptures
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu is certainly Lord Krsna Himself. Because I could not understand Him and was very proud of my own learning, I have committed many offenses
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu then admitted to His pure devotee, Ramananda Raya, "Now there is no confidential activity unknown to you. Even though I try to conceal My activities, you can understand everything in detail by virtue of your advanced love for Me"
- Even a Muslim king could understand Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's transcendental position as a prophet; therefore he ordered the local magistrate not to disturb Him but to let Him do whatever He liked
- Even learned scholars in the academic field cannot understand the transcendental bliss and ecstasy exhibited by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Everyone who saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that He was performing a miracle, but they did not know how it was that He could see on all four sides
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "We are falsely proud of our capabilities. Actually we cannot understand Your deep intentions"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Sir, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and are most merciful toward us. No one can understand what is within Your deeply affectionate heart"
- Having shown the verse to Svarupa Damodara with great wonder, Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him how Rupa Gosvami could understand the intentions of His mind
- He (Caitanya) never claimed that "I am avatara." But we understand from the sastric evidence. He never claimed. Rather, when He was addressed as Krsna He blocked His ears
- He (Lord Caitanya) never advertises Himself that He is avatara. But experienced munis, those who are liberated souls, those who are expert in Vedic knowledge, they understand that this is avatara, or incarnation
- Hearing the holy name constantly vibrated by the two brothers, Vallabha Bhattacarya could understand the hints of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have simply described the chastisement of Gopinatha Pattanayaka and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's indifference. But the deep meaning of this behavior is very difficult to understand
- I can understand from the words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that He wants you to write books about the conclusive decision of devotional service and about the regulative principles ascertained from the revealed scriptures
- I sincerely hope that by understanding the teachings of Lord Caitanya presented in this book, Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, human society will experience a new light of spiritual life, which will open the field of activity for the pure soul
- In a dream the goddess informed him of the Lord's position, and the poetic champion could understand that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- In this way the Lord speaks through my mouth to preach the cult of Krsna consciousness. Within the world, who will understand this pastime of the Lord's
- In this way, the Lord's restlessness was awakened by ecstatic feelings, and His mind became agitated. No one could understand what course such ecstasy would take
- It is as if the sun, after rising, wanted to hide itself. We cannot understand such characteristics in Your behavior
- It is not that one becomes free from material entanglements simply by accepting the order of sannyaya. Yet if we actually understand the explanations given by Lord Caitanya, we will be helped
- My dear Lord, You have set a plan in motion by descending to the material world, but no one can understand how You are acting
- My dear Lord, Your chastising me is Your causeless mercy. Who within the three worlds can understand Your real character
- My dear sir, I do not know what is good composition and what is bad. But whatever I have spoken must be understood to have been spoken by mother Sarasvati
- One can understand the order of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he can become guru. Or one who understands his guru's order, the same parampara, he can become guru. And therefore I shall select some of you
- One may say that he understands the glories of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He may know whatever he may know, but as far as I am concerned, this is my conclusion
- One should understand Sri Krsna Caitanya and Lord Sri Krsna from the Six Gosvamis in the parampara system. The Krsna consciousness movement is following as strictly as possible in the footsteps of the Gosvamis
- Seeing the extraordinary mercy the Lord granted to the family of Bhavananda Raya, everyone was struck with wonder. They could not understand the behavior of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Seeing the face of Advaita Acarya, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled. Understanding that the Lord had accepted the proposal, Advaita Acarya started to dance
- Simply by seeing Him, one understands that He possesses all the characteristics of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Such characteristics are certainly uncommon. Who will believe it
- Since the time of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there have been many imitation incarnations of Krsna who cannot understand that Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself and not an ordinary human being
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave even the Bheels an opportunity to chant the holy name and come to the platform of ecstatic love. Thus He delivered all of them. Who has the power to understand the transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the ocean of mercy. Who can understand Him? When He chastises His dear devotees, He certainly does so to reestablish the principles of religion or duty
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then began to walk very swiftly before all the other devotees. No one could understand the real purpose of the two Lords, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's emotion of transcendental madness in separation from Krsna is very deep and mysterious. Even though one is very advanced and learned, he cannot understand it
- Srila Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "If Rupa Gosvami can understand Your mind and intentions, he must have Your Lordship's special benediction"
- The author requests every reader to hear these talks with faith and without argument. By studying them in this way, one will be able to understand the confidential truth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The Buddhists could understand that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a Vaisnava, and they returned home very unhappy. Later, however, they began to plot against the Lord
- The disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya retaliated, "By what evidence do you conclude that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Lord?" Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The statements of authorized acaryas who understand the S P of Godhead are proof"
- The essence of spiritual knowledge is found in the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, which are identical with the pastimes of Lord Krsna. If knowledge does not include the understanding of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Krsna, it is simply superfluous
- The explanation given by Ramesvara that sankirtana is Lord Caitanya's lila, which he compares to the gopies trying to engage others in Krsna's service, is the correct understanding
- The intentions of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are so deep that one can understand them only if he has complete faith in service to the lotus feet of the Lord
- The Lord asked, 'How could Rupa Gosvami have understood My heart?'. Svarupa Damodara replied, I can understand that You have already bestowed Your causeless mercy upon him
- The Lord is understood only in pursuance of the principles laid down by the Gosvamis, headed by Svarupa Damodara
- The Lord said, "Yes, I am known as a teacher of grammar, but factually I cannot impress My students with grammatical knowledge, nor can they understand Me very well
- The mind of the brahmana was purified by the revelation of Lord Krsna, and therefore he could understand the truth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in all details
- The orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must be carefully carried out. Although the Lord may not give direct orders, you are still to carry out His desires simply by understanding His indications
- The Panca-tattva is a very important factor in understanding Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. There are sahajiyas who, not knowing the importance of the Panca-tattva, concoct their own slogans, such as bhaja nitai gaura, radhe syama...
- The pastime of the breaking of the staff is very deep. Only one whose devotion is fixed upon the lotus feet of the two Lords can understand it
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are deeper than millions of seas and oceans. Therefore no one can understand what He does or why He does it
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are like nectar, and they are deep like the ocean. People in general cannot understand them, but a sober devotee can
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are very deep. Who can understand them? Only one who has firm, deep devotion to His lotus feet can understand these pastimes
- There have been many imitation incarnations in Bengal since the appearance of Lord Caitanya, but any impartial devotee or learned man can understand that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was accepted as an incarnation of Krsna...
- Those who are actually inquisitive to understand the philosophy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu through logic and argument are welcome
- To understand the mission of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and follow in His footsteps, one must very seriously follow in the footsteps of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha
- To whom should I speak? Who can understand My disappointment? Without the son of Nanda Maharaja, My heart is broken
- Understanding that Lord Caitanya had accepted the renounced order of life, Sacimata, crying, said to the Lord, "My darling Nimai, do not be cruel like Visvarupa, Your elder brother"
- Unless You inform us, we cannot understand what Your purpose is or what You want to do through whom
- Upon hearing Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the atmarama verse, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was struck with wonder. He then understood Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be Krsna in person, and he thus condemned himself in the following words
- We belong to Gaudiya-sampradaya - Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, from the disciplic succession of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. We have got immense literature to understand God
- When Mukunda saw the ecstasy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he understood the feelings of the Lord and began to sing many stanzas augmenting the force of the Lord's ecstasy
- When Raghunatha dasa received from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the stone and the garland of conchshells, he could understand the Lord’s intention. Thus he thought as follows
- Whether or not one understands it, if one hears of this incident concerning the activities of Gopinatha Pattanayaka and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's causeless mercy upon him, certainly he will be promoted to the platform of ecstatic love for the Lord