ārati | āratik | āratika | āratikas | āratiks | āratis | āroti | ārotik | ārotrikas
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Arati"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- After seeing the dhupa-arati of the Lord, they all began congregational chanting. Then the padicha, the superintendent of the temple, came and offered flower garlands and sandalwood pulp to everyone
- After the arati was finished, Madhavendra Puri offered his obeisances to the Deity and then left the temple. He did not say anything more to anyone
- All the members of the household should be engaged in the daily service of the Lord, beginning from morning (4 a.m.) till night (10 p.m.) by performing mangala-aratrika, niranjana, arcana, puja, kirtana, srngara, bhoga-vaikali, sandhya-aratrika, etc
- As soon as they can read, that's education finished. They will understand, practical demonstration, arati, worship of the Deity, and they play mrdanga, they chant, they join Hare Krsna chanting. They are not meant for any technology
- Avyayam means whatever little service you render, that is permanent settlement. If you come here and dance and chant or ring the bell or anything about the aratrika, if you see, drsta - anything you do, that is your permanent credit
- Foolish persons do not take care. They think they are very much advanced, they have no need to attend arati or to play on the mrdanga or cymbal. So many items are there given by the acaryas. Take any one of them, you'll be benefited. This is arcana-marga
- For example, a person engaged in devotional service may be ordered to rise early in the morning and offer aratrika, which is a form of Deity worship
- For six months, a candidate for initiation must first attend arati and classes in the sastras, practice the regulative principles and associate with other devotees
- If you use smaller pieces of camphor this may alleviate the problem, or perhaps you are not using the right kind of camphor. Here we are using camphor for aratrik twice daily and there is no such problem
- In the evening, after finishing His (Caitanya's) dancing in the yard of the Gundica temple, the Lord observed the arati ceremony. Thereafter He went to a place called Aitota and took rest for the night
- In the morning, the gopis prepared for morning arati by lighting their lamps and sprinkling butter mixed with yogurt. After finishing their mangala-arati, they engaged themselves in churning butter from yogurt
- It appears that malayaja-candana (sandalwood) and camphor were used for the Jagannatha Deity. The camphor was used in His aratrika, and the sandalwood was used to smear His body
- It is the system, after offering food, to perform bhoga-arati. Advaita Prabhu asked the two brothers, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, to come see the arati. The two Lords and all others present went to see the arati ceremony
- Madhavendra Puri became greatly ashamed when he desired to taste the sweet rice, and he immediately began to think of Lord Visnu. While he was thus thinking of Lord Visnu, the offering was completed, and the arati ceremony began
- Madhavendra Puri offered water to Gopala for washing His mouth, and he gave Him betel nuts to chew. Then, while arati was performed, all the people chanted, "Jaya, Jaya"
- One must see the Deity with great devotion. 23) One must offer aratrika at different times. 24) One must hear about the Lord and His pastimes from Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Bhagavad-gita, and similar books
- One should (23) attend arati and festivals, (24) see the Deity, (25) present what is very dear to oneself to the Deity, (26) meditate on the Deity, and (27-30) serve those related to the Lord
- One should circumambulate the whole Vrndavana area. 11) One must worship the Deity in the temple according to the regulative principles. (Offering aratrika, prasadam, decorating the Deity, etc. - these things must be observed regularly
- The foolish persons, they do not take care. They think they are very much advanced, they have no need to attend arati or to play on the mrdanga or cymbal. But that is not fact. So many items are there given by the acaryas
- The mangalaratrika ceremony is the first worship of the morning. In the aratrika ceremony a light is offered in circles before the Deities, as are a conchshell and flowers and a fan
- Then he (the brahmana) offered aratrika, and with the regulative principles he finished all these activities in the correct worshiping method
- There are so many pictures. People may say that "Here is the same picture. Why these people are worshiping and offering arati and chanting?" But this picture is spiritual because it enhances or enthuses a spiritual consciousness
- There are two kinds of living entities mentioned here (in SB 3.28.28). One is called the arati. They are averse to understanding the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- They (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika) welcomed Lord Balarama by giving Him in charity nice cows and arghya (a mixture of arati water and an assortment of items such as honey, butter, flowers and sandalwood pulp)
- We have introduced this system in all of our centers. Arcana, arati, bhoga offering, Deity dressing and decoration are all preceded and followed by the chanting of the holy name of the Lord - Hare Krsna
- When many people crowded around Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He regained His external senses. In the meantime, the offering to the Deity had been finished, and there was a resounding arati performance
- While bathing the Deity, all the priests and devotees must chant this Purusa-sukta and offer the appropriate paraphernalia for worshiping the Deity, such as flowers, fruits, incense, arati paraphernalia, naivedya, vastra and ornaments