This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► God Is Lord Vasudeva (59 P)
- ► Vyasadeva (19 C, 412 P)
Pages in category "Vasudeva"
The following 225 pages are in this category, out of 225 total.
- A conscientious wife should be chaste and should abide by the orders of her husband. She should very devoutly worship her husband as a representative of Vasudeva
- According to the advice of His father, Vasudeva, He (Balarama) offered oblations to the forefathers in this Visnu temple. From here He traveled to the delta of the Ganges, where the sacred river Ganges mixes with the Bay of Bengal
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- After bestowing mercy upon Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, the Lord started for southern India. When He came to Kurma-ksetra, He delivered a person named Vasudeva
- After hearing these words (from goddess Durga), Kamsa became very much overwhelmed with fear. Out of pity, he immediately released Vasudeva and Devaki from the bondage of their shackles and very politely began to address them
- After offering the used articles to the singers and reciters, Vasudeva and his wives, dressed with new ornaments and garments, fed everyone very sumptuously, from the brahmanas down to the dogs
- After performing the preliminaries of various sacrifices, Bharata offered the results in the name of religion to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva. In other words, he performed all the yajnas for the satisfaction of Lord Vasudeva, Krsna
- After the friendly conversation between Nanda Maharaja and Vasudeva, Vasudeva returned to his home. Nanda Maharaja and the other cowherd men, who had come to Mathura to pay their taxes, also returned home
- All glories to Gadadhara Prabhu! All glories to Srivasa Thakura! All glories to Mukunda Prabhu and Vasudeva Prabhu! All glories to Haridasa Thakura
- All the friends, family members, wives and children of Vasudeva assembled together, along with all the kings and members of the Vidarbha, Kosala, Kuru, Kasi, Kekaya and Srnjaya dynasties
- Along with his (Vasudeva) eighteen wives, headed by Devaki, sat before the priests to be purified by the abhiseka ceremony. While the ceremony was observed strictly according to the principles of the scriptures, he resembled the moon encircled by stars
- Although the mind may be engrossed in fruitive activities and influenced by ignorance, one must develop a love for devotional service to Vasudeva. Only then can one have the opportunity to get out of the bondage of material existence
- Although, great sage (Vyasadeva), you have very broadly described the four principles beginning with religious performances, you have not described the glories of the Supreme Personality, Vasudeva
- Another group was formed consisting of Vasudeva, Gopinatha and Murari. All these were responsive singers, and Mukunda was the chief singer
- Another name of Vasudeva is Paramatma, another name of Sankarsana is jiva (the living entity), another name of Pradyumna is mind, and another name of Aniruddha is ahankara (false ego)
- Another process is you become a devotee of Vasudeva, then jnana, vairagya, will automatically come. You'll... Because the human life, the perfection of human life is to accept jnana and vairagya. That is perfection
- Any conditioned soul within this material universe can remain completely perfect when he is under the protection of Vasudeva, or when he is engaged in devotional service
- As far as Kamsa's eight brothers were concerned, Balarama took charge of killing them. Balarama's mother, Rohini, although the wife of Vasudeva, was not the sister of Kamsa; therefore Balarama took charge of killing all of Kamsa's eight brothers
- As far as Paundraka was concerned, somehow or other he always thought of Lord Vasudeva by falsely dressing himself in imitation of the Lord, therefore he achieved one of the five kinds of liberation
- As maternal uncle of the Pandavas, he (Vasudeva) took active parts in the purificatory process of the Pandavas
- As soon as Kamsa got this information from Narada Muni, he took out his sharp sword and prepared to kill Vasudeva for his duplicity. But Narada pacified him. "You are not to be killed by Vasudeva," he said. "Why are you so anxious to kill him?"
- As such, any person who is very seriously engaged in his occupational duties in the varnas and asramas, and who does not develop love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, is to be understood as simply spoiling his human form of life
- At Dvaraka Lord Vasudeva is engaged in His transcendental pastimes along with His plenary expansions, namely Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- At that time Lord Sankarsana was meditating upon His Supreme Lord, whom the learned esteem as Lord Vasudeva, but for the sake of the advancement of the great learned sages He slightly opened His lotus like eyes and began to speak
- Because I (Vasudeva) am afraid of Kamsa You have appeared just to deliver me from that fear. You do not belong to this material world; You are the same person who brings about the cosmic manifestation simply by glancing over material nature
- Because King Yayati completely surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, he was freed from all contamination of the material modes of nature
- Because the application of devotional service to Lord Vasudeva invites pure knowledge, it quickly detaches one from the material conception of life and thus revives one's normal condition of spiritual existence
- Being ordered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva prepared to take his son (Krsna) from the delivery room, and exactly at that time, a daughter was born to Nanda and Yasoda. She was Yogamaya, the internal potency of the Lord
- Being unaffected by material conditions, being pleased with whatever was available by the grace of the Lord to maintain body and soul together he gave full attention to Vasudeva, who is the transcendental Supersoul, free from material contamination
- Brahma spoke to his sons after generating them. "My dear sons," he said, "now generate progeny." But due to their being attached to Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they aimed at liberation, and therefore they expressed their unwillingness
- But that misconception of self-identity can be diminished gradually by the mercy of the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, through the process of devotional service to the Lord in the mode of detachment
- By culture of knowledge one becomes unattached to hearth and home and becomes conscious of the miseries due to death, birth, old age and disease. And all culture of knowledge culminates in devotional service to the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva
- By executing religion one should be satisfied, but unless he comes to the point of Vasudeva, he'll never be satisfied
- By performance of religious rituals one ultimately reaches the supreme goal of knowledge by understanding that Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the cause of everything
- By serving those devotees who are completely freed from all vice, great service is done. By such service, one gains affinity for hearing the messages of Vasudeva
- By talking among themselves, they soon forgot all their past miseries. Kuntidevi especially addressed her brother Vasudeva as follows
- By the semen of Vasudeva in the womb of Devaraksita, nine sons were born, headed by Gada. Vasudeva, who was religion personified, also had a wife named Sahadeva, by whose womb he begot eight sons, headed by Sruta and Pravara
- Demons are generally conducted by the mode of passion. Therefore, what a great wonder it is that although you are a demon, you have adopted the mentality of a devotee and have fixed your mind on Vasudeva, who is always situated in pure goodness
- Devaki and Vasudeva, both highly elevated personalities, accepted the truth presented by Kamsa that everything is ordained by providence. According to the prophecy, Kamsa would be killed by the eighth child of Devaki
- Due to the extraordinary features of the child, Vasudeva was struck with wonder. How could a newly born child be so decorated? Vasudeva could therefore understand that Lord Krsna had now appeared, and he became overpowered by the occasion
- During this ceremony, Vasudeva gave various ornaments in charity to the brahmanas and endowed them with cows decorated with silken cloths and golden ornaments
- Even if we are accustomed to sinful activities on account of bad habits, still, we can engage ourself in devotional service of Vasudeva
- Every Vedic mantra is called brahma because each mantra is preceded by the brahmaksara (aum or omkara). For example, om namo bhagavate vasudevaya
- Everything is mixed up with little bhakti, but... Just like karma-yoga, jnana-yoga, dhyana-yoga, there are different. But the real yoga means loving Vasudeva, Bhagavan
- Factual realization is to understand Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and surrender unto Him. Vasudeva is the ground wherein Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is revealed
- Fearing his death, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and Devaki and chained them with iron shackles. Suspecting each of the children to be Visnu, Kamsa killed them one after another because of the prophecy that Visnu would kill him
- First Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "My dear Balarama, are our friends like Vasudeva and others in the family doing well"
- For a great soul like Vasudeva, there is nothing considered to be painful in the course of discharging one's duty. A learned person like Vasudeva carries out his duties without hesitation
- He divided his property among his sons, who were equally as qualified, and he himself took the order of vanaprastha and went to the forest to concentrate his mind fully upon Lord Vasudeva
- He is called Narayana, and He is the shelter of living entities after the annihilation of this material world. He is full of all opulences, and He is the resting place of everything material. He is therefore known as Vasudeva, the SPG
- He passed his time, which lasted seventy-one cycles of the four ages (71 x 4,320,000 years), always thinking of Vasudeva and always engaged in matters regarding Vasudeva. Thus he transcended the three destinations
- His (Vasudeva) seven wives, headed by Devaki, are all sisters. Are they and their sons and daughters-in-law all happy?
- I am always engaged in offering obeisances to Lord Vasudeva in pure Krsna consciousness. Krsna consciousness is always pure consciousness, in which the Supreme Personality of Godhead, known as Vasudeva, is revealed without any covering
- If one is determined he can be blessed by the mode of goodness, and by transcending the mode of goodness he can be situated in pure goodness, which is called the vasudeva state
- If women, who are usually very much attached to their husbands, worship their husbands as representatives of Vasudeva, the women benefit, just as Ajamila benefited by calling for Narayana, his son
- If you actually engage in the devotional service of Vasudeva, then jnana and vairagya automatically becomes revealed unto you. There is no endeavor
- If you become devotee of Vasudeva, bhaja vasudevam, then very quickly you will become jnanavan. First of all, one becomes jnanavan; then he surrenders to Vasudeva. Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja
- Ill-fated yogis are given a chance in the next birth by being placed in the families of good learned brahmanas or in the families of rich merchants in order to execute the unfinished task of Vasudeva realization
- In his childhood Madhvacarya was known as Vasudeva, and there are some wonderful stories surrounding him. It is said that once when his father had piled up many debts, Madhvacarya converted tamarind seeds into actual coins to pay them off
- In His lower right hand, Lord Vasudeva holds a club, in the upper right hand a conchshell, in the upper left hand a disc and in the lower left hand a lotus flower
- In Ilavrta-varsa, Lord Siva is always encircled by ten billion maidservants of goddess Durga, who minister to him. The quadruple expansion of the Supreme Lord is composed of Vasudeva, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Sankarsana
- In Prabhasa-ksetra he (Arjuna) heard the news that Lord Balarama was negotiating the marriage of Subhadra, the daughter of Arjuna’s maternal uncle, Vasudeva
- In that furious feature, the river gave passage to Vasudeva to cross, just as the great Indian Ocean gave a path to Lord Rama when He was bridging over the gulf
- In that pure state the Supreme Godhead, who is beyond the material senses and who is known as Vasudeva, is perceived by my mind
- In the beginning of the material creation, that Absolute Personality of Godhead (Vasudeva), in His transcendental position, created the energies of cause and effect by His own internal energy
- In the Padma Purana also it is stated, "The chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra is present only on the lips of a person who has for many births worshiped Vasudeva"
- In the spiritual world the unalloyed quality of goodness prevails; there the quality of goodness is called suddha-sattva, pure goodness. Another name for suddha-sattva is vasudeva because God is born from Vasudeva
- In the Upanisads also it is confirmed that Vasudeva, the Personality of Godhead, is covered by the golden glowing hiranmayena patrena veil of impersonal Brahman, & when that curtain is removed by the mercy of the Lord the real face of the Absolute is seen
- In this case, because Narada Muni desired that Nalakuvara and Manigriva see Vasudeva face to face, the Supreme Personality of Godhead wanted to fulfill the words of His very dear devotee Narada Muni
- In this way Vasudeva crossed the river Yamuna. On the other side, he went to the place of Nanda Maharaja, situated in Gokula, where he saw that all the cowherd men were fast asleep
- Is my (Yudhisthira's) respectable grandfather Surasena in a happy mood? And are my maternal uncle Vasudeva and his younger brothers all doing well?
- It is also significant that Vasudeva inquired about the welfare of Nanda Maharaja's animals. The animals, and especially the cows, were protected exactly in the manner of one's children
- Jagannatha Misra was designated as Purandara. Exactly like Nanda Maharaja and Vasudeva, he was an ocean of all good qualities
- Jnana and vairagya can be achieved simply by becoming a devotee of Vasudeva. That is the verdict of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Just as Lord Siva worships Sankarsana in Ilavrta-varsa, Bhadrasrava, accompanied by his intimate servants and all the residents of the land, worships the plenary expansion of Vasudeva known as Hayasirsa
- Kamsa said, "The cowherd boys who have come with Them should be plundered and all their riches taken away. Nanda Maharaja should immediately be arrested and killed for his cunning behavior, and that rascal Vasudeva should also be killed without delay"
- Kamsa was the most demoniac of all the Bhoja dynasty kings. Immediately after hearing the prophecy from the sky, he caught hold of Devaki's hair and was just about to kill her with his sword. Vasudeva was astonished at Kamsa's behavior
- Kamsa, Kamsavati, Kanka, Surabhu and Rastrapalika were the daughters of Ugrasena. They became the wives of Vasudeva's younger brothers
- Kasyapa Muni did not falsely declare himself to be jagad-guru, although he actually was jagad-guru because he advocated the cause of Vasudeva
- Kecit means "somebody, "very rarely." "Somebody" means "very rarely." It is not so easy thing to become vasudeva-parayanah
- King Rantideva had no ambition to enjoy material benefits from the demigods. He offered them obeisances, but because he was factually attached to Lord Visnu, Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he fixed his mind at Lord Visnu's lotus feet
- Lord Siva is always in trance, samadhi. This samadhi is not under the control of the devotee; it is under the control of Vasudeva
- Lord Visnu, or Vasudeva, is always transcendentally situated. Even though He accepts the quality of goodness of the material world, He is still transcendental to all the material modes
- Loving Vasudeva
- Nanda Maharaja and the other gopas exclaimed: My dear friends, you must know that Anakadundubhi, Vasudeva, has become a great saint or a master of mystic power. Otherwise how could he have foreseen this calamity and predicted it to us?
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is very good news that the most sinful King Kamsa has been killed by You (Balarama) and that our friends like Vasudeva and the others who had been harassed have now been relieved"
- Nanda Maharaja recalled the prophecy of Vasudeva and considered him a great sage and mystic yogi; otherwise, how could he have foretold an incident that happened during his absence from Vrndavana?
- Nanda Maharaja replied: My dear Vasudeva, I know that you are very much aggrieved because the cruel king Kamsa has killed all your sons born of Devaki. Although the last child was a daughter, Kamsa could not kill her
- Nanda, overwhelmed with joy, immediately stood up and embraced Vasudeva. Vasudeva was received very warmly and offered a nice place to sit
- Narada gave Citraketu the following mantra: O Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, who are addressed by the omkara (pranava), I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. O Lord Vasudeva, I meditate upon You
- Narada told Kamsa, "You are to be killed by the eighth son of Vasudeva". "That eighth son is Krsna. You were misled by Vasudeva into believing that the eighth issue of Vasudeva was a daughter"
- Now it appears that even the celestial denizens speak lies. Because I (Kamsa) believed in the words of the celestial denizens, I have committed so many sins by killing the children of my sister. My dear Vasudeva and Devaki, you are both very great souls
- O Lord Vasudeva, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are the creator of the entire cosmic manifestation. You live as the Supersoul in everyone's heart and are smaller than the smallest, yet You are greater than the greatest and are all-pervading
- O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Narayana, O Vasudeva, original person! O most exalted person, supreme experience, welfare personified! O supreme benediction, supremely merciful and changeless
- Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya. This is the twelve-syllable mantra for worshiping Lord Krsna
- Once upon a time, Subhadra, seated on a chariot, came out of the palace fort to see the gods in the temple. Arjuna took this opportunity, and with the permission of Vasudeva and Devaki he kidnapped her
- One great acarya, Narottama dasa Thakura, has lamented that when one deviates from pure consciousness of Vasudeva, or Krsna consciousness, he becomes entangled in material activities
- One has to surpass the brahminical stage and reach the vasudeva stage to understand the Personality of Godhead Krsna
- One should not accept the Mayavada interpretation that Vasudeva is impersonal. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, prapadyate, one surrenders. One surrenders to a person, not to impersonal nonduality
- One who is vasudeva-parayana, or seriously engaged in the devotional service of the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, need not care for any other obligation
- Ordinary living entities are called vibhinnamsa expansions, and the unlimited expansions of visnu-tattva, such as Vamana, Govinda, Narayana, Pradyumna, Vasudeva and Ananta, are called svamsa-kala
- Over and over again Vasudeva glanced at his child, and he considered how to celebrate this auspicious moment: “Generally, when a male child is born,” he thought, “people observe the occasion with jubilant celebrations
- Parasurama joined his father's head to the dead body and placed the whole body and head upon kusa grass. By offering sacrifices, he began to worship Lord Vasudeva, who is the all-pervading Supersoul of all the demigods and of every living entity
- Please tell me whether the best friend of the Kurus, our brother-in-law Vasudeva, is doing well. He is very munificent. He is like a father to his sisters, and he is always pleasing to his wives
- Sages said, "Today you have already liquidated your debts to your forefathers and the sages. Now, by performing sacrifices, you can free yourself from indebtedness to the demigods and thus take complete shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Sankarsana is the master of integration and disintegration, whereas Pradyumna, another feature of Lord Vasudeva, is responsible for universal growth and maintenance
- She concentrated her mind upon the Supreme Lord, Vasudeva. Thus she performed the ritualistic ceremony known as payo-vrata
- Since Bharata Maharaja was a great devotee, one may ask why he performed so many sacrifices that are actually meant for karmis. The fact is that he was simply following the orders of Vasudeva
- Since Lord Sri Ramacandra is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, He is not attached to anything in this material world. He is the most beloved Supersoul of all self-realized souls, and He is their very intimate friend
- So karisye vacanam tava: "Now I shall act as You desire." This is perfection of life. Whenever we decide that "Now we shall act as Krsna says," then our life is perfect. Vasudeva-uktah karinah
- Some time ago, being inquisitive to know, Sanat-kumara, the chief of the boy-saints, accompanied by other great sages, inquired exactly like you about the truths regarding Vasudeva, from Lord Sankarsana, who is seated at the bottom of the universe
- Sri Baladeva, the counterpart of Lord Sri Krsna, was also considered a human child born of another wife of Sri Vasudeva
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited the Visnu temples of Anantadeva, Purusottama, Sri Janardana, Padmanabha and Vasudeva
- Srivasa, Ramai, Vidyanidhi, Gadadhara, Gangadasa, Vakresvara, Murari, Suklambara, Buddhimanta Khan, Nandana, Sridhara, Vijaya, Vasudeva, Damodara, Mukunda, Sanjaya and all the others, however many I can mention - arrived there
- Suddha-sattva, as described in this verse, is the transcendental position, which is technically called vasudeva
- Surrounded by many other foolish persons, this rascal Paundraka had actually concluded that he was Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This kind of conclusion is certainly childish
- The absolute vision is the Personality of Godhead, as it is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.19): vasudevah sarvam iti
- The beauty of Krsna is fully manifested in Vrndavana. As sixteen-years boy and playing flute, the beauty was so attractive that even Vasudeva Himself became attracted by the beauty
- The condition of pure goodness (suddha-sattva), in which the Supreme Personality of Godhead is revealed without any covering, is called vasudeva
- The culture of knowledge reaches perfection only when the knower comes to the point of surrendering unto the Supreme Lord, Vasudeva
- The devotee is fixed at once in the mode of goodness, and he makes further progress to rise to the position of Vasudeva, or the state of unmixed sattva, or suddha-sattva
- The eight sons born of Sahadeva such as Pravara and Sruta, were exact incarnations of the eight Vasus in the heavenly planets. Vasudeva also begot eight highly qualified sons through the womb of Devaki
- The five elementary ingredients of creation, the interaction thereof set up by eternal time, and the intuition or nature of the individual living beings are all differentiated parts and parcels of the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva
- The King of the elephants, Gajendra, said: I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Person, Vasudeva (om namo bhagavate vasudevaya)
- The Mayavadi philosophers may be very proud of their so-called knowledge, but because they do not understand Vasudeva (vasudevah sarvam iti), they do not understand the world of duality, which is a manifestation of Vasudeva's external energy
- The mode of goodness, which is the clear, sober status of understanding the Personality of Godhead and which is generally called vasudeva, or consciousness, becomes manifest in the mahat-tattva
- The Padma Purana also describes a place in the spiritual sky known as Vedavati-pura, where Vasudeva resides. In Visnuloka, which is above Satyaloka, Sankarsana resides. Maha-sankarsana is another name of Sankarsana
- The Pancaratras state that the personality of jiva called Sankarsana has emerged from Vasudeva, the supreme cause of all causes, that Pradyumna, the mind, has come from Sankarsana, and that Aniruddha, the ego, has come from Pradyumna
- The perfect process is to accept Lord Vasudeva as the Supreme in everything, and the best perfection in culturing knowledge is to surrender unto Him because He is the source of everything
- The purpose of Your appearance is to kill the followers of the demoniac rulers of the world, who are in the dress of royal princes but are actually demons. I (Vasudeva) am sure that You (Krsna) will kill all of them and their followers and soldiers
- The same physical knowledge leading to the way of spiritual understanding helps one to end the miserable life of physical existence and to begin the life of spiritual existence on the plane of Vasudeva
- The stage of transcendental qualification is called suddha-sattva, or vasudeva, and in this stage the science of God can be realized
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is beyond darkness and passion. He is on the platform where goodness or knowledge is not disturbed by passion and ignorance. This is called the vasudeva platform
- The three brothers Govinda, Madhava and Vasudeva were the eighty-second, eighty-third and eighty-fourth branches of the tree. Lord Caitanya and Nityananda used to dance in their kirtana performances
- The two sons who took birth from the womb of Marutvati were Marutvan and Jayanta. Jayanta, who is an expansion of Lord Vasudeva, is known as Upendra
- The Vedic mantras are pronounced beginning with omkara to indicate immediately the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Srimad-Bhagavatam, for example, begins with the words om namo bhagavate vasudevaya
- The well-situated self, or Brahman-realized soul, perfectly understands that the Supreme Brahman, or the Personality of Godhead, is the all-powerful Vasudeva and that he (the self-realized living being) is a part and parcel of the supreme whole
- Then all the persons assembled there took permission from Lord Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and while glorifying the perfection of the sacrifice made by Vasudeva, they departed to their respective homes
- There are many mahatmas, many yogis, jnanis, karmis. They're all good. But if they do not approach the ultimate goal of life - means approaching Vasudeva - then srama eva hi kevalam
- There is a Vaikunthaloka covered with water in this material world, and on that planet is a place called Vedavati, where Vasudeva is located. Another planet known as Visnuloka is situated above Satyaloka, and there Sankarsana is present
- These (expansions) are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- These (Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Narayana) are all He (God) Himself in different transcendental expansions, and still the Lord as Sri Krsna functions in a different sphere of transcendental exchange with different grades of devotees
- These devotees were glorified due to their strong devotion to Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore they were very exalted
- They were very competent to rule the universe to maintain and protect the citizens because both of them were descendants of a plenary expansion of Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- This is the Indian disease. Because familiarity breeds contempt. Because Indians are familiar with the name of Vasudeva, with the name of Hare Krsna, they think "Oh, we know everything
- This material body acts due to the presence of spirit because of Him, & He is therefore the root cause of everyone. He is worshipable for such exalted persons as Brahma & Siva, and He has entered the heart of every living being. Let me meditate upon Him
- This very statement is also given by Vasudeva. To say that the Lord is not present everywhere means that He is aloof from everything, although His energy is acting everywhere
- Those fortunate living entities who catch the truth and surrender unto the lotus feet of Vasudeva after many, many births in the material world join the eternally liberated souls and thus are allowed to enter into the kingdom of Godhead
- Thus in the spiritual sky the expansions, headed by Vasudeva, hold weapons in Their own respective order. I am repeating the opinion of the Siddhartha-samhita in describing Them
- To satisfy the mind perfectly, I (Sukadeva Gosvami) shall hereafter describe the characteristics of these nine devotees when I discuss the conversation between Narada and Vasudeva
- To show mercy to His devotees in each of these nine tracts of land, the SPG known as Narayana expands Himself in His quadruple principles of Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. In this way He remains near His devotees to accept their service
- Uddhava, a cousin-brother of Krsna's, came to see Krsna from Dvaraka. He was the son of Vasudeva's brother and was almost the same age as Krsna. His bodily features resembled Krsna's almost exactly
- Unless and until one reaches the stage of the purest quality of goodness - other words, until he transcends the plane of material speculation - it is not possible for him to know that everything emanates from the Personality of Godhead Vasudeva
- Unless the so-called jnanis take shelter of Vasudeva, their speculative knowledge is imperfect
- Vaikuntha planets are also differently known as the Purusottamaloka, Acyutaloka, Trivikramaloka, Hrsikesaloka, Kesavaloka, Aniruddhaloka, Madhavaloka, Pradyumnaloka, Sankarsanaloka, Sridharaloka, Vasudevaloka, Ayodhyaloka, Dvarakaloka
- Vasudeva addressed Nanda, "My dear brother, you were old and very anxious to beget a son, and yet you had none. Now by the grace of the Lord you are fortunate to have a very nice son. I think that this incident is very auspicious for you"
- Vasudeva and Sankarsana are on the middle left and right, Pradyumna is on the right of Sankarsana, and Aniruddha is on the left of Vasudeva, and thus the four Deities are situated. They are known as the four aides-de-camp of Lord Sri Krsna
- Vasudeva came onto the bank of the Yamuna and saw that the water of the Yamuna was roaring with waves and that the whole span was full of foam
- Vasudeva continued to Nanda Maharaja: Our family assembly may be very nice while we are living together, but after some time, in the course of the waves of time, we are separated
- Vasudeva continued to say that the maintenance of religious principles, economic development and the satisfactory execution of meeting the demands of the senses depend on cooperation among relatives, nations and all humanity
- Vasudeva continued, "Although unborn, You (Krsna) descend in every millennium to execute Your mission"
- Vasudeva continued, "I am therefore taking shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet, which alone can give one liberation from the entanglement of material existence"
- Vasudeva continued, "In the bodily concept of life, due to false egotism one is attached to the offspring of the body, and thus everyone in conditioned life is entrapped by false relationships and false affection"
- Vasudeva continued, "Who, therefore, can understand Your (Krsna's) pastimes or the mystery of Your appearance and disappearance? Our only business should be to glorify Your supreme greatness"
- Vasudeva continued: My dear friend (Nanda), it is very difficult for us to live together. Although we have our family and relatives, sons and daughters, by nature’s way we are generally separated from one another
- Vasudeva expressed his sorrow due to not being able to give protection to his own sons born of Devaki. He was thinking that religious principles, economic development and the satisfaction of his senses were therefore all lost
- Vasudeva indicates the plenary portion of the Personality of Godhead, and all the different forms of the Lord, being identical with Vasudeva, are indicated in this text
- Vasudeva is also the name of the person from whom Krsna appears. This verse explains that the pure state is called vasudeva because in that state Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is revealed without any covering
- Vasudeva is not formless, for it is stated in this verse that as soon as the Lord reveals Himself, the devotee offers his obeisances. Obeisances are offered to a person, not to anything impersonal
- Vasudeva is the supreme cause of all causes. That is perfection of life. And our Krsna consciousness movement is trying to teach this knowledge to the world, the best welfare activities. They are all in illusion
- Vasudeva said, " I am very opulent, because of my material prosperity I have become blind. I therefore cannot satisfy you properly even at this time"
- Vasudeva said, "A person seeking auspicious progress in life must avoid possessing too much material opulence so that he will not become blind and puffed up, and he should take care of his friends and relatives"
- Vasudeva said, "Dear friend, I was imprisoned by Kamsa, and now I am released; therefore this is another birth for me. I had no hope of seeing you again, but by God's grace I can see you"
- Vasudeva said, "Illusioned by the external energy, people generally do not utilize this advantage of the human form of life. Thus they miss the chance of eternal freedom and unnecessarily spoil the progress they have made after thousands of births"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother (Nanda Maharaja), the Supreme Personality of Godhead has created a great tie of bondage known as the bondage of love and affection"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother, you have exhibited feelings of love for me that I was not able to return. I think, therefore, that I am ungrateful
- Vasudeva said, "Since You (Krsna and Balarama) are the supreme cause of everything, the interactions of the material manifestation - birth, growth, existence, transformation, deterioration and annihilation - are all absent in You"
- Vasudeva said, "The foolish person who cannot realize Your (Krsna) transcendental identity above all these material reactions continues in the entanglement of fruitive activity and is subjected to the continuous process of birth and death"
- Vasudeva said, "They (sattva, rajas and tamas) are supposed to be independent, but actually the total material energy rests upon You (Krsna and Balarama), the Supersoul"
- Vasudeva said, "This material world is like a great flowing river, and its waves are the three material modes of nature - goodness, passion and ignorance"
- Vasudeva said, "Your (Krsna and Balarama) supreme energy, yogamaya, is acting in variegated manifestations, but because yogamaya is Your energy, You are therefore present in everything"
- Vasudeva said: Please tell me about the welfare of Vrndavana. You have many animals - are they happy? Are they getting sufficient grass and water? Please also let me know whether the place where you are now living is undisturbed and peaceful
- Vasudeva saw that wonderful child born as a baby wearing bracelets, earrings and similar other ornaments all over His body, and beautified by an abundance of hair on His head
- Vasudeva saw that wonderful child born as a baby wearing the jeweled necklace of kaustubha stone, dressed in yellow silk, appearing dazzling like a bright blackish cloud, wearing a helmet bedecked with the vaidurya stone, valuable bracelets
- Vasudeva saw that wonderful child born as a baby with four hands, holding conchshell, club, disc and lotus flower, decorated with the mark of Srivatsa
- Vasudeva talked with Kamsa in such an illuminating way, Kamsa became very much pleased, and his guilt for killing his nephews subsided. With the permission of his sister Devaki and brother-in-law Vasudeva, he returned to his home with a relieved mind
- Vasudeva then replied, "My dear Nanda, if you have already paid the government taxes, then return soon to your place, because I think that there may be some disturbances in Gokula"
- Vasudeva thought "In my home, although I am imprisoned, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has taken birth. How many millions and millions of times should I be prepared to observe this auspicious ceremony!"
- Vasudeva took the opportunity of Kamsa’s benevolence and informed him that his atheistic activities were also due to this misconception of life - namely taking the material body to be the self
- Vasudeva very humbly wondered that although he was an ordinary living entity conditioned by material nature and was externally imprisoned by Kamsa, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, Visnu, or Krsna, was appearing as a child in his home
- Vasudeva was a ksatriya, and Nanda Maharaja was a vaisya. It is the duty of the ksatriyas to give protection to the citizens, and it is the duty of the vaisyas to give protection to the cows. The cows are as important as the citizens
- Vasudeva was very much disturbed by fear of becoming a liar by breaking his promise. Thus with great pain he delivered his first-born son, named Kirtiman, into the hands of Kamsa
- Vasudeva, according to the symbolic representation of the hands
- Vasudeva, by another of his wives, whose name was Rocana, begot Hasta, Hemangada and other sons. And by his wife named Ila he begot sons headed by Uruvalka, all of whom were chief personalities in the dynasty of Yadu
- Visnu said: I assure you (Vasudeva and Devaki) that this time you shall go back home, back to Godhead, on account of your perfection in your mission
- Visnu said: I could have appeared just like an ordinary child, but in that way you would not have believed that the Supreme Personality of Godhead had taken birth in your womb
- Visnu said: I have appeared in this Visnu form just to convince you that I am the same Supreme Personality of Godhead again taken birth
- Visnu said: I know you are very concerned about Me and afraid of Kamsa. Therefore I order you to take Me immediately to Gokula and exchange Me for the daughter who has just been born to Yasoda
- Visnu said: My dear father and mother (Vasudeva and Devaki), you have therefore raised Me many times as your child, with great affection and love, and I am therefore very much pleased and obliged to you
- When Kamsa was about to kill Devaki, Vasudeva wanted to dissuade him by the diplomacy of sama and bheda
- When Krishna appeared on the earth Pradyumna appeared as His son born of Rukmini. The immediate expansion of Krishna is Baladeva who appeared as elder brother of Krishna and Baladeva expands Himself further as Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna, Aniruddha
- When Nanda Maharaja arrived in Mathura, Vasudeva got the news and was very eager to congratulate his friend. He immediately went to the place where Nanda Maharaja was staying. When Nanda saw Vasudeva, he felt that he had regained his life
- When one is situated in pure, transcendental knowledge, one is situated in kaivalya. Therefore vasudeva also means kaivalya, a word which is generally used by impersonalists
- When Vasudeva saw that Kamsa was determined to kill his sister Devaki, he thought to himself very deeply. Considering the imminent danger of death, he thought of another plan to stop Kamsa
- When Vasudeva was addressing his divine sons in that way, Lord Krsna and Balarama were smiling. Because They are very affectionate to Their devotees, They accepted all the appreciation of Vasudeva with a kindly, smiling attitude
- When Vasudeva, the all-pervading Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is served in completely pure devotion, detachment from the material world immediately begins
- When Vasudeva, who is also called Anakadundubhi, was looking at his newborn baby, he was so happy that he wanted to give many thousands of cows in charity to the brahmanas
- While Kamsa was speaking to his brother-in-law and sister, tears flowed from his eyes, and he fell down at their feet. Believing the words of Durga-devi, whom he had tried to kill, Kamsa immediately released his brother-in-law and sister
- While Nanda Maharaja was returning home, he considered Vasudeva's warning that there might be some disturbance in Gokula. Certainly the advice was friendly and not false. So Nanda thought, "There is some truth in it"
- With these he (Bharata) offered food to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, and, worshiping Him, he remained satisfied. In this way his heart was completely uncontaminated, and he did not have the least desire for material enjoyment
- Within the prison, shackled in iron chains, Vasudeva and Devaki gave birth to a male child year after year, and Kamsa, thinking each of the babies to be the incarnation of Visnu, killed them one after another
- Yogis meditate upon the localized Paramatma situated in the heart, jnanis worship the impersonal Brahman as the Supreme Absolute Truth, and devotees worship Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of God, whose transcendental body is described in the sastras
- You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead because You remain everywhere within all existence. You are consequently known as Vasudeva. We offer You our respectful obeisances
- You live everywhere as Paramatma; therefore You are known as Vasudeva. You also accept Vasudeva as Your father, and You are celebrated by the name Krsna. You are so kind that You always increase the influence of all kinds of devotees