Madhu the Demon
This is for quotes referring to the demon Madhu, not Madhu the descendant of Vrsni, nor madhu meaning honey or sweet.
Pages in category "Madhu the Demon"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- After Kamsa's wrestlers expressed their determination, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the killer of Madhu, confronted Canura, and Lord Balarama, the son of Rohini, confronted Mustika
- After many, many years, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Madhusudana, the killer of the demon Madhu, having entered the semen of Kardama, appeared in Devahuti just as fire comes from wood in a sacrifice
- Arjuna addresses the Lord as Madhusudana because Krsna once killed a demon named Madhu. Actually these questions (of BG 8.2), which are of the nature of doubts, should not have arisen in the mind of Arjuna because Arjuna is a KC devotee. BG 1972 purports
- Arjuna said: O killer of enemies, O killer of Madhu, how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhisma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship?
- Arjuna said: O killer of Madhu (Krsna), how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhisma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship? BG 2.4 - 1972
- As the Lord appeared just to maintain Lord Brahma from the attack of Madhu and Kaitabha, He also appeared to protect the great devotee Prahlada Maharaja. Similarly, Lord Caitanya appeared in order to protect the fallen souls of Kali-yuga
- If I (Radharani) want to go away from the scene because I am afraid of Him (Krsna), He will immediately spread His arms to block My path. If I piteously fall down at His feet, then this enemy of the Madhu demon, in an angry mood, bites My face
- In speaking to Krsna, it is significant that Arjuna addresses Him as Madhusudana, indicating that the Lord is the killer of the demon Madhu. It is notable that God's names are innumerable, for He is often named according to His activities
- O killer of the Madhu demon, incessant transcendental bliss flows in the minds of those who have even once tasted but a drop of the nectar from the ocean of Your glories
- O Lord of Madhu, as the Ganges forever flows to the sea without hindrance, let my attraction be constantly drawn unto You without being diverted to anyone else
- The answer (why Arjuna address Krsna as Madhusudana) is that Arjuna considers his mind to be like a great demon, such as the demon Madhu. If it were possible for Krsna to kill demon called the mind, then Arjuna would be able to attain perfection of yoga
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: "May the carrier of the bow, who is known as the enemy of Madhu, and Lord Ajana, the carrier of the sword, protect Your two sides" - SB 10.6.22-23
- The Lord has different names according to His different activities. For example, His name is Madhusudana because He killed the demon of the name Madhu; His name is Govinda because He gives pleasure to the cows and to the senses. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord is the enemy of the Madhu demon, or in other words He is the enemy of the suffering of His pure devotee
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead in His transcendental form is always ready to give protection to His devotees. As mentioned herein (SB 7.9.37), the Lord in the form of Hayagriva killed two demons named Madhu and Kaitabha when they attacked Lord Brahma
- When the demons Madhu and Kaitabha were killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, their kinsmen also observed the ritualistic ceremonies so that these demons could return home, back to Godhead
- When You appeared as Hayagriva, with the head of a horse, You killed two demons known as Madhu and Kaitabha, who were full of the modes of passion and ignorance. Then You delivered the Vedic knowledge to Lord Brahma