unhappies | unhappily | unhappiness | unhappy
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Caitanya's Unhappiness (15 P)
- ► Dejection (16 P)
- ► Krsna's Unhappiness (6 P)
- ► Morose (5 C, 71 P)
- ► Ocean of Unhappiness (3 P)
- ► Radharani's Unhappiness (3 P)
- ► Suffering (36 C, 655 P)
Pages in category "Unhappy"
The following 245 pages are in this category, out of 245 total.
- A bhagavad-bhakta shall never be aprasanna, not joyful. Always joyful. If he is actually in contact with Krsna, how he can become morose? No. If he is morose, if he is unhappy, that means maya has attacked him
- A materialistic father and mother want to engage their sons in begetting children, striving for improved economic conditions and rotting in materialistic life. They are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens
- A Vaisnava is truly a perfect person because he laments to see others unhappy and feels joy at seeing others happy
- A Vaisnava is unhappy by seeing others unhappy. Personally, he has no unhappiness. Because he's in contact with Krsna, how he can be unhappy? Personally, he has no unhappiness
- According to Srila Jiva Gosvami, the third quality, intolerance of another's unhappiness, can be subdivided into (1) protection of the surrendered souls and (2) well wishes for the devotees
- Actually, in this world there is no happiness. People are simply engaged trying to counteract unhappiness. Foolish people accept unhappiness as happiness
- Advaita Acarya Prabhu became very unhappy. Taking His son on His lap, He began to chant the Nrsimha mantra for his protection
- Advaita Acarya said: "Formerly Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu always respected Me as His senior, but I did not like such respect. Therefore, My mind being afflicted by unhappiness, I made a plan"
- After leaving Kuliya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the house of Advaita Acarya at Santipura. It was there that the Lord's mother, Sacimata, met Him and was thus relieved of her great unhappiness
- After performing the ritualistic observances for the death of his brother, Hiranyakasipu, being extremely unhappy, tried to pacify his nephews
- After reaching Mathura, Subuddhi Raya received information of the Lord's itinerary. He became very unhappy because he was not able to contact the Lord
- Age of Kali, the executive head of a state somehow or other gets votes and is elected to an exalted post, but the condition of the citizens continues to be full of anxiety, distress, unhappiness and dissatisfaction
- All of you were feeling unhappy that no one was purchasing My goods and that I would have to carry them away. Therefore, by your will only, I have distributed them without charging
- All the devotees felt very unhappy to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in pain. Indeed, they could not tolerate it. Then Jagadananda Pandita devised a remedy
- All the devotees remained there and fasted, and the next day they all unhappily returned to Jagannatha Puri
- Almost 99.9 percent of the population is unhappy in family life, despite all the attempts being made to satisfy the family members
- Although Queen Arci became very thin from living in the forest according to regulative principles, she was not unhappy, for she was enjoying the honor of serving her great husband
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt pangs of separation from Krsna, He did not manifest His feelings externally, for He feared the unhappiness of His devotees
- Although strictly observing the regulative principles, Caitanya Mahaprabhu could not tolerate the unhappiness felt by His devotees
- Although the devotees were unhappy at not seeing the Lord's hair, they nonetheless derived great happiness from seeing His beauty
- Although the flute is unfit, he is drinking the nectar of Krsna's lips. Seeing this, we qualified gopis are dying of unhappiness. Therefore, we must consider the austerities the flute underwent in his past life
- Although the men came down disappointed, baffled and angry, as soon as they saw their own children, their hearts melted with great affection. At once their anger, dissatisfaction and unhappiness disappeared
- Although there may be sufficient cause for being unhappy, one should avoid counteracting such reversals, for the more we become implicated in rectifying such reversals, the more we enter into the darkest regions of material anxiety
- Although they are trying to solve the problems of human society in the United Nations, they are still baffled. Because they do not follow the liberated instructions of the Vedas, they are unhappy
- Although they were exploiting. But nobody could understand. Everyone was feeling happy. And as soon as they left, everyone is unhappy. That distinction I can give evidence, I can, from my personal experience. Things were very, very nice
- Anyone who is engaged in the devotional service, whose life is dedicated for service of the Supreme, you will see practically that there will be no want, there will be no unhappiness. This is a fact
- Are you feeling compunction for the unhappy women and children who are left forlorn by unscrupulous persons? Or are you unhappy because the goddess of learning is being handled by brahmanas addicted to acts against the principles of religion?
- Arriving at the home of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, everyone saw the Lord lying unconscious. Seeing Him in this condition, Gopinatha Acarya became very unhappy, but at the same time he was happy just to see the Lord
- As a beggar sannyasi, a mendicant, I wish to live alone in a solitary place, but these people come to tell Me about their unhappiness and disturb Me
- As a younger brother He (Laksmana) could not stop Lord Rama from His resolution, and so He remained silent, although unhappy in His mind
- As an incarnation of God, You are delivering so many fallen souls. I am also a greatly unhappy fallen soul. Kindly deliver me by Your mercy
- As husband & wife, a man & woman plan together to attain happiness & decrease unhappiness, working jointly in many ways, but because their activities are full of desires, these activities are never a source of happiness, and they never diminish distress
- As husband and wife plan together to attain happiness and decrease unhappiness, working jointly in many ways, but because their activities are full of desires, these activities are never a source of happiness, and they never diminish distress
- As soon as one begins acting according to his plan, his life of distress immediately begins. Therefore, one should not be ambitious to dissipate the unhappy conditions of life, for one cannot do anything about them
- As the father becomes unhappy when one of his children wishes to break family connections I also become unhappy when there is difficulties within our ISKCON family. So please do not consider leaving as you are spiritual children of mine
- As the month passed but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not come, Jagadananda and Sivananda became most unhappy
- Ashamed, insulted and unhappy, Vallabha Bhatta went to Gadadhara Pandita
- Asvatthama's mother, she's innocent, but on account of the son's death, she would be unhappy. Considering all these points he was excused from the capital punishment
- At my request Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepts the invitations because He knows that a foolish person like me would be unhappy if He did not accept them
- At this time, Candrasekhara and Tapana Misra both heard blasphemous criticism against Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and felt very unhappy. They came to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lotus feet to submit a request
- Balarama continued, "Only because of false notions does one become unhappy, but one can immediately remove this unhappiness by discussing the philosophy of actual life. Be happy on that platform only"
- Because his disease produced wet sores on his body, Sanatana Gosvami used to avoid embracing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but nevertheless the Lord would embrace him by force. This made Sanatana Gosvami very unhappy
- Being a sannyasi, I have a duty to lie down on the ground and to take a bath three times a day, even during the winter. But Mukunda becomes very unhappy when he sees My severe austerities
- Being anxious, he cannot even sleep properly. He thus becomes more and more unhappy, and he gradually loses his intelligence and consciousness. In that state he becomes almost perpetually like a blind man who has fallen into a dark well of ignorance
- By increase of the asuric population, those who follow the principles of religion become unhappy, especially the devotees, or devas
- By taking care of the cage of the bird without taking any care of the bird within the cage, certainly the bird will be restless and unhappy and create disturbances
- Declaration of independence by the woman class, is not their happiness. They are unhappy. Better to become dependent upon father, upon husband and upon elderly children. That is their happiness
- Despite all sorts of education, scientific improvement, brainwash and so many things, people are unhappy. Diseased, unhappy, dissatisfaction, confusion, this is going on. Because everything is not properly done. The government is not strict
- Due to his inability to sufficiently drink that nectar, he becomes very unhappy and criticizes the creator for not having given more than two eyes
- Due to the reduced water and scorching heat from the sun in the autumn, the small creatures living in small reservoirs of water are very much disturbed; they are exactly like uncontrolled persons who are always unhappy from being unable to enjoy life
- Duhkha means unhappiness. So suppose a millionaire is suffering from typhoid and a poor man is suffering from typhoid. Does that mean the millionaire will have less distress than the poor man?
- During this strife between Balarama and Rukmi, Lord Krsna did not utter a word, for He knew that if He supported Balarama, Rukmini would be unhappy, and if He said that the killing of Rukmi was unjust, then Balarama would be unhappy
- Duryodhana alone was unhappy was astonishing to Maharaja Pariksit, and therefore he requested Sukadeva Gosvami to explain this
- Endurance of unhappiness is "titiksa," and "dhrti" means controlling the tongue and the genitals
- Every living being is serving the dictates of desire, anger, lust, illusion, insanity and enviousness - all materially affected. But even while executing such dictations of different temperaments, he is perpetually unhappy
- Everyone should be unhappy to see others in distress and happy to see others happy. One should feel the happiness and distress of others as his own. It is on this basis that the Buddhist religious principle of nonviolence is established
- Everyone was happy in his position, everyone - brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. The culture was so nice that nobody was unhappy, even if he is a sudra or even if he is a vaisya or a brahmana or ksatriya
- Everyone was happy to see the Lord lie down on that bed, but Jagadananda was inwardly angry, and externally he appeared very unhappy
- Everyone was unhappy for a fortnight because they could not see the Deity of Lord Jagannatha. Upon seeing the Lord at the festival, the devotees were very happy
- Falling at the feet of Devaki and Vasudeva, he (Kamsa) begged their pardon and tried to convince them that because the events that had taken place were destined to happen, they should not be unhappy for his having killed so many of their children
- Following the orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda, His personal servant, called for all the poor beggars, who were unhappy due to their poverty, and fed them sumptuously
- Foolish people accept unhappiness as happiness; therefore the King of the Yavanas decided to attack such foolish people imperceptibly by old age, disease, and ultimately death
- Form of Krsna means there is no shadow of any material contamination. Ananda-matram. Ananda-matram avikalpam aviddha-varcah. And not that... Suppose we are sometimes happy and next time I am unhappy, but this ananda is eternal
- Haridasa Thakura was unhappy when he heard that the brahmana Gopala Cakravarti had been attacked by leprosy. Thus after informing Balarama Acarya, the priest of Hiranya Majumadara, he went to Santipura, the home of Advaita Acarya
- He (Krsna) thus began to lament, "Oh, what unhappy incidents have taken place!" Then Krsna and Balarama, along with Satyabhama, immediately returned to Dvaraka and began to make plans to kill Satadhanva and take away the jewel
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) repeatedly addressed and questioned the bull thus: O son of Surabhi, who has cut off your three legs? In the state of the kings who are obedient to the laws of the Supreme Personality of God, Krsna, there is no one as unhappy as you
- He returned home with an unhappy mind, but on the next day he met Lord Caitanya on the bank of the Ganges and spoke to Him
- He was unhappy to see others unhappy, and He was the well-wisher of all living entities. Although He was a perfect personality, the Supreme Lord and controller of all, He nonetheless acted as if He were an ordinary conditioned soul
- Hearing the poetry of a person who has no transcendental knowledge and who writes about the relationships between man and woman simply causes unhappiness, whereas hearing the words of a devotee fully absorbed in ecstatic love causes great happiness
- Hearing this, everyone present was greatly happy. But Svarupa Damodara, who alone was very unhappy, began to speak in great anger
- Hearing this, the King became very unhappy and, greatly lamenting, began to speak as follows
- Hearing this, Vallabha Bhatta was speechless. He returned home greatly unhappy and began to consider thus
- His wife, Laksmidevi, was very unhappy at home in separation from her husband, because the Lord was engaged in various ways in preaching work in East Bengal
- I am cutting throat of one poor animal under my protection. If somebody cuts my throat, how much I am unhappy. And I'm doing the same business and I'm human being? How can I call myself a human being? I have no sense even of compassion
- I am dying without achieving the shelter of Krsna, and therefore I am greatly unhappy. Now this condemned foolish rascal has come to instruct me about Brahman
- I came here to diminish my unhappiness by seeing Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but the Lord did not allow me to execute what was in my mind
- I do not care for my personal happiness or unhappiness, but only for His happiness. Indeed, I accept His happiness as my happiness
- I hope that New Vrindaban will give shelter to so many unhappy men of this country and they will be happy by working there, and living there in good association of devotees
- I left Gadadhara Pandita here, and he became very unhappy. For this reason I could not go to Vrndavana
- If one is unhappy to see the distress of other living beings and happy to see their happiness, his religious principles are appreciated as imperishable by exalted persons who are considered pious and benevolent
- If the living entity obeys the Supreme Lord's orders, he becomes happy. If he does not, he becomes unhappy. Therefore the living entity creates his own happiness or unhappiness. The Supreme Lord does not enforce these on anyone
- If the taste and character differ between the man and woman, their combination will be unhappy
- If the taste and character differ between the man and woman, their combination will be unhappy. Even about forty years ago, in Indian marriages, the taste and character of the boy and girl were first of all matched, and then they were allowed to marry
- If you want to enjoy something extraordinarily, you must create another unhappiness extraordinarily. This is called karmi
- In a state where the codes of Krsna are followed, no one is unhappy. Where such codes are not followed, the first sign is that three legs of the representative of religion are cut off, and thereby all miseries follow
- In Krsna reside (1) truthfulness, (2) cleanliness, (3) intolerance of another's unhappiness, (4) the power to control anger, (5) self-satisfaction, (6) straightforwardness, (7) steadiness of mind, (8) control of the sense organs, (9) responsibility
- In my opinion, your wife and yourself are nicely executing my mission and please try to follow my instructions and you shall never be unhappy
- In the age of Kali everyone is unhappy due to the maladministration of the state
- In the age of Kali in most cases the rulers are impious, and therefore the citizens are also continuously unhappy. But in the case of democracy, the impious citizens themselves elect their representative to rule over them
- In the morning, when Prsadhra, who was quite able to subdue his enemy, saw that he had killed the cow although at night he thought he had killed the tiger, he was very unhappy
- In the Western countries, while engaged in propagating the Krsna consciousness movement, we were brought great unhappiness because we could not find tulasi leaves
- In this stage, all expressions of unhappiness by the devotee are called anubhava, or ecstatic loving symptoms
- In this way I am committing offenses at His lotus feet, and from these offenses I shall certainly not be delivered. At the same time, I cannot see Lord Jagannatha. This is my great unhappiness
- In this way, eleven people were incessantly keeping Raghunatha dasa under control. Thus he could not go to Jagannatha Puri, and because of this he was very unhappy
- In this way, some days passed in great unhappiness. Hearing of all this, Ramacandra Puri went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In this world, family life is exactly like a blazing fire in the forest. There is not the least happiness, and gradually one becomes more and more implicated in unhappiness. In household life, there is nothing favorable for perpetual happiness
- In your America there is everything sufficient, but still, people are unhappy. They are becoming hippies. Why? Because there is no knowledge about God. This is the only cause. This is the only cause
- Indeed, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu eagerly tore this page from the Kurma Purana, although the book was very old, and He later showed it to Ramadasa Vipra, whose unhappiness was mitigated
- It appeared that only skin covered His elongated joints. Seeing the Lord's condition, all the devotees were very unhappy
- It should never be imagined that various mundane discrepancies arise by the will of the Personality of Godhead - that some are happy by His will, while others are unhappy by His will
- Jagannatha Misra was very unhappy at the death of his children one after another. Therefore, desiring a son, he worshiped the lotus feet of Lord Visnu
- Just like in your Bible there are commandments. So one has to abide by the commandment; then he will be happy. And if one disobeys the commandments of God, he will be unhappy
- Just try to hear these topics with faith, for there is great pleasure even in hearing them. That hearing will destroy all miseries pertaining to the body, mind and other living entities, and the unhappiness of false arguments as well
- Knowing this, Sri Ramadasa felt unhappy in his mind. I then rebuked my brother
- Krishna Consciousness means we should always be satisfied and happy, not that we must work something impossible, becoming overburdened, and then because we are unhappy by so much trouble we lose enthusiasm altogether and give up all hope
- Krsna is asking to work for Him, giving up everything. That is clear, everyone knows. "Here also I am working very hard, but here I am working hard to be happy, but the viparitani, I am becoming unhappy. So why not work for Krsna?" This is intelligence
- Krsna once thought, "At that time My friends, the cowherd boys, were unhappy even to tolerate a two-minute separation from Me. &, when they found Me, there was competition between us as to who would touch the other first with the flowers we had in hand"
- Lamentation and humility awoke within Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He began reciting another of His own verses. By hearing the meaning of that verse, one can forget all unhappiness and lamentation
- Lord Caitanya knew about the disappearance of Laksmidevi because He is the Supersoul Himself. Thus He returned home to solace His mother, Sacidevi, who was greatly unhappy about the death of her daughter-in-law
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu became unhappy upon reading the note, although His face still shone as brightly as the moon. Thus, smiling, He spoke as follows
- Lord Sri Krsna certainly wanted to establish the kingdom of the Pandavas for the good of all in the world. When there is a pious king ruling over the world, the people are happy. When the ruler is impious, the people are unhappy
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: O great sage, what was the reason for Indra's unhappiness? I wish to hear about this. When he killed Vrtrasura, all the demigods were extremely happy. Why, then, was Indra himself unhappy?
- Maharaja Rahugana was somewhat unhappy at not being able to grasp Jada Bharata's instructions, which were full of meaning that could not be understood by a materialistic person. Therefore Jada Bharata repeated his instructions more clearly
- Material enjoyment is indeed the cause of all unhappiness, but one cannot give it up unless one has personally experienced how much suffering it is. Therefore one should be allowed to remain in so-called material enjoyment while advancing in knowledge
- Materialistic life means continuous unhappiness, but sometimes we accept happiness as it appears between the gaps. Sometimes a condemned person is submerged in water and hauled out. Actually all of this is meant for punishment
- Modern civilization has advanced considerably in the field of mass education, but the result is that people are more unhappy than ever before because of the stress placed on material advancement to the exclusion of the spiritual aspect
- Modern society even enables one to forget the Supreme Personality of Godhead's grace and mercy. Consequently modern civilized man is always unhappy and in need of things
- Mother Saci and all the devotees headed by Advaita Prabhu are all very unhappy due to not receiving news about Your return from Your South Indian tour
- My dear friend, just hear the decision of My mind. Krsna is the Lord of My life in all conditions, whether He shows Me affection or kills Me by giving Me unhappiness
- My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful, in spiritual bliss, and You appear always very happy. So I have come to You because I am most unhappy. So if You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy
- My dear Sir, You have delivered me from a very unhappy condition. I request that You take Your lunch at my place. Please accept this invitation
- No one can properly describe Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's affection for His devotees. He always tolerated all kinds of personal unhappiness resulting from His acceptance of the renounced order of life
- No one is unhappy when a serpent is killed. It is a practice among village boys to catch a serpent by the tail and play with it for some time and then kill it
- Nobody is actually happy, even if you have got enough money. But still, there is unhappiness. But that they cannot understand. But actually, poverty is want of knowledge. Therefore the acquiring knowledge, that is real richness. That is real richness
- Now so many cases are there of unhappiness by the wife who has been abandoned by her husband against her wishes. So how can I sanction such thing?
- Now the general populace does not follow the rules and regulations for eating, sleeping, drinking, mating, etc., and they are inclined to perform such anywhere and everywhere. Are you unhappy because of this?
- Now, concealing his anger and unhappiness, Jagadananda Pandita again asked Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for permission to go to Mathura
- O Lord, we are very unhappy. We have come a long distance to see You. Please be merciful and show us Your favor
- O lord, you have now been removed by cruel providence to a state beyond our sight. You had previously sustained the livelihood of the inhabitants of Usinara, and thus they were happy, but your condition now is the cause of their unhappiness
- O my Lord Krsna, I could not reach You, nor could I reach Your abode, Mathura. I am dying in my unhappiness, and now this rascal has come to give me more pain
- O queens of Suyajna, the male kulinga bird, seeing his wife put into the greatest danger in the grip of Providence, became very unhappy. Because of affection, the poor bird, being unable to release her, began to lament for his wife
- Of course, Mukunda does not say anything, but I know that he is very unhappy within, and upon seeing him unhappy, I become twice as unhappy
- One goes through much endeavor to increase and maintain his possessions, and he suffers great unhappiness when he loses them
- One gopi said, "It is only we who are very unhappy, because we are searching for You (Krsna) but cannot see You with our greatest effort. Our life is completely dependent upon You; therefore we request that You again come to us"
- One may be put in any condition, but God gives him the prerogative to chant Hare Krsna. In any condition of life, if one goes on chanting he will never be unhappy
- One may feel unhappiness and separation, as well as jealousy and lamentation, due to not discharging one's duties. The despondency that results is called nirveda
- One should not, therefore, follow the principles of Ramacandra Puri. Nevertheless, I have to say something against him because he is making our hearts unhappy
- One should see to the duhkha, unhappiness, on account of birth and death. So suppose you will get next life in the heavenly planet, or you shall become very rich man, or you shall become very learned man, but you have to go through these distresses, janma
- One who acts in the mode of goodness is religious and happy, one who acts in passion achieves mixed misery and happiness, and one who acts under the influence of ignorance is always unhappy and lives like an animal
- One who has become completely educated and is freed from all kinds of ignorance and who is never unhappy, even in a distressed condition, is called Bharati
- One would never grudge parting with it (king's claim) because due to the pious king and religious harmony there was enough natural wealth, namely grains, fruits, flowers, silk, cotton, milk, jewels, minerals, etc & therefore no one was materially unhappy
- Our position is when we get some profit we are very jubilant, but when we are losing something we are very morose, unhappy. But a mahanta is equipoised. He is neither very happy when he makes profit, neither at all sorry when he makes losses
- Parents are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens, but they lament when they join the Krsna consciousness movement to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- Please give Me your permission with great pleasure and do not be unhappy. If you are happy, I shall be happy on My way to Vrndavana
- Prahlada Maharaja was unhappy seeing the people, degenerated people, suffering in this material world
- Radha continued, "Being deprived of all material acquisitions, one makes his relatives, himself unhappy. He wanders in search of Krsna, either as a human being or in other species of life, even as a bird, voluntarily accepts the profession of a mendicant"
- Radharani continued, "In the scriptures it is said that one person can never know the unhappiness in the mind of another. Therefore what can I say of My dear friends, Lalita and the others"
- Sacimata said, "It will be a great happiness for me if Nimai (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) stays here. But at the same time, if someone blames Him, it will be my great unhappiness"
- Saintly persons are very kind to all kinds of living entities, but they are not unhappy when a serpent or a scorpion is killed. It is not good for saintly persons to kill, but they are encouraged to kill demons, who are exactly like serpents and scorpions
- Seeing above his head the dark marks on the rising moon, which resembled a deer, Bharata said: Can it be that the moon, who is so kind to an unhappy man, might also be kind upon my deer, knowing that it has strayed from home and has become motherless?
- Seeing Kamalakanta Visvasa unhappy, Advaita Acarya Prabhu told him, "You are greatly fortunate to have been punished by the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Seeing the poet's unhappiness, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, who was naturally very kindhearted, advised him so that he could derive some benefit
- Separation from Krsna has made these servants very unhappy. Having lost consciousness, how can they answer us
- She said, "Our son has become mad. Just keep him by binding him with ropes." His father, being very unhappy, replied to her as follows
- Since the energy of the mass of people is engaged in factory production, the natural products are being hampered, and for this the mass is unhappy
- Sir, due to my unhappiness I cannot continue living. Although my body is burning, my life is not leaving
- Sivananda Sena, unhappy that the dog had to stay behind, paid the boatman ten pana of conchshells to take the dog across the river
- So long we have got this body, material body, we must be unhappy. First of all, we must try to understand why we are unhappy. We are unhappy because we are in this material body
- Sometimes the living entity is busy counteracting the natural disturbances of freezing cold, scorching heat, strong wind, excessive rainfall and so forth. When he is unable to do so, he becomes very unhappy
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Of all kinds of distress, what is the most painful?" Sri Ramananda Raya replied, "Apart from separation from the devotee of Krsna, I know of no unbearable unhappiness"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Why are you so foolishly unhappy? Bring here to Me whatever they have given you"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I shall not take any of My associates with Me, because if I choose someone, all the others will be unhappy"
- Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, 1969 - My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful, in spiritual bliss, and You appear always very happy. So I have come to You because I am most unhappy. So if You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy
- Srila Mukunda Datta felt very satisfied to hear the conclusive statements of Gopinatha Acarya, but he became very unhappy and angry to hear the statements put forward by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Suddenly Nrsimhananda arrived, and Jagadananda and Sivananda arranged for him to sit near them. Seeing them both so unhappy, Nrsimhananda inquired, "Why do I see that you are both despondent?"
- Sukadeva Gosvami narrated these incidents of Krsna's killing Sisupala and described the successful execution of the Rajasuya-yajna by Maharaja Yudhisthira, he also pointed out that after the successful termination of the yajna only one person was unhappy
- Svarupa Damodara replied, "Raghunatha dasa felt unhappy standing at the Simha-dvara. Therefore he is now going at midday to beg alms from the charity booth"
- Svarupa Damodara said to the Lord, "I cannot contradict Your supreme will, my Lord, but if You do not accept the bedding, Jagadananda Pandita will feel great unhappiness"
- The astrologer asked, 'Why are you unhappy? Your father was very wealthy, but he did not disclose his wealth to you because he died elsewhere'"
- The baby cried so much for breast milk that all the brahmanas were very unhappy. "Who will take care of this baby?" they said
- The beauty of Lord Caitanya's body and His ecstatic love of God were witnessed by everyone. Many people used to come see Him, and as soon as they saw Him, all their unhappiness and distress vanished
- The Buddhists could understand that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a Vaisnava, and they returned home very unhappy. Later, however, they began to plot against the Lord
- The central idea is that if the boy and girl were on an equal level the marriage would be happy, whereas inequality would lead to unhappiness. Because care is no longer taken in marriage, we now find many divorces
- The devotee then becomes doubly unhappy." First of all the devotee becomes unhappy because his riches have been taken away by Krsna, and he is made even more unhappy when his relatives desert him because of his poverty
- The farmer then becomes very happy to see his field full of grain, but the capitalists—who are always unaware of the activities of a supernatural power—become unhappy because they are afraid of a competitive price due to abundant production
- The fruitive workers, the salvationists, and also the yogis who are after mystic powers are all unhappy because of unfulfilled desires. But the person in Krsna consciousness is happy in the service of the Lord, and he has no desires to be fulfilled
- The King thought to himself: Persons who have no son are certainly fortunate. They must have worshiped the Lord in their previous lives so that they would not have to suffer the unbearable unhappiness caused by a bad son
- The living entities are thus known as peaceful, restless and foolish; as happy, unhappy or in-between; or as religious, irreligious and semireligious. We can deduce that in the next life these three kinds of material nature will similarly act
- The Lord defeated all kinds of scholars in discourses about all the scriptures, yet because of His gentle behavior, none of them were unhappy
- The materialistic world is called the darkest region of God's creation. Yet the unhappy materialists can get out of it simply by desiring to get out. Unfortunately they are so foolish that they do not want to escape
- The modern human society is not twice-born by spiritual culture. Therefore the people's government, by the people who are not twice-born, must be a government of Kali in which everyone is unhappy
- The other queens were extremely unhappy due to their being sonless. Because of the King's negligence toward them, they condemned themselves in envy and lamented
- The Sanodiya brahmana continued, "Kindly submit to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the unhappiness you are feeling within yourself. Then propose that we all go to Prayaga on the full-moon day of the month of Magha"
- The symptom of a devotee is they are unhappy by seeing others unhappy. That is the symptom of devotee
- The whole population of the world consists only of sudras, there is a decline of spiritual knowledge, and people are unhappy. The Krsna consciousness movement has been started especially to create qualified brahmanas to broadcast spiritual knowledge
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please recite that verse from your drama which, upon being heard, makes all people’s unhappiness and lamentation go away"
- There are sufferings from internal diseases, separation from those near and dear, and anxieties for maintaining the status quo. These are but some important factors which make the people of this age always unhappy
- There are two things. One material, one spiritual. Spiritually, India is happy, those who are actually spiritualists. But materially, India is unhappy
- Therefore if I sacrifice this body in a good place, my unhappiness will be mitigated and I shall attain an exalted destination
- Thereupon Lord Nityananda said, "Whatever You order is My duty, regardless of whether it results in happiness or unhappiness"
- These modern philosophers or scientists may go on thinking that they can improve the world situation in their own way, but that is not possible. We are unhappy on account of being separated from Krsna
- They (citizen) will always remain poor, full of anxieties and aggrievement, and always unhappy
- They (materialistic fathers and mothers) are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens, but they lament when they join the Krsna consciousness movement to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- They (the cowherd men) were very unhappy, but when they came down and saw their children taking care of the calves, they all of a sudden became very affectionate toward the children. It was very astonishing
- They are creating societies of sense gratification. Therefore, in any group, either in societies, or communities, or nations, or at last in the United Nations, they are all unhappy. Because the real point is missing
- They passed two months in Vrndavana in this way. Finally they could no longer tolerate the unhappiness of separation from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They submitted their request, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, seeing His devotees' unhappiness, decided to turn the minds of the Mayavadi sannyasis
- This is the country, Moscow. I have got practical experience in going there. And always suspicious. And the people in general, they are very unhappy, very unhappy, because they have no freedom. A young man cannot go out of the country
- This was intolerable for Damodara Pandita. He became greatly unhappy, but there was nothing he could say, for the boy would ignore his restrictions
- Those who are following, they are happy, practically you can see. And those who are not following, they are unhappy. Yes
- Throngs of people came from different villages to see the Deity of Gopala, and they took maha-prasadam sumptuously. When they saw the superexcellent form of Lord Gopala, all their lamentation and unhappiness disappeared
- To prevent them from accompanying Him and becoming unhappy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu declared their good qualities to be faults
- To show causeless mercy to the devotees who would take birth in the future in this age of Kali, the SPG, Krsna, acted in such a way that simply by remembering Him one will be freed from all the lamentation and unhappiness of material existence
- Tolerate this itching (sex desire). You'll avoid so much displeasure, so much unhappiness of life. Be careful." That is brahmacari life
- Upon hearing this message from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the devotees became very unhappy and remained silent with sullen faces
- Upon hearing this, Gopinatha Acarya became very unhappy. He said to the Bhattacarya, "You consider yourself the knower of all Vedic scriptures"
- Upon seeing these devastating, ghastly activities performed by the King, all the people who were merciful by nature became very unhappy. Such merciful persons could not tolerate seeing all this killing
- We can see three different varieties of life, which are due to the contamination of the three modes of nature. The entities are thus known as peaceful, restless and foolish; as happy, unhappy or in-between; or as religious, irreligious and semireligious
- We have seen in the Western countries, in the name of independence, so many women are unhappy. So that is not recommended in the Vedic civilization and varnasrama-dharma
- When a student interpreted the glories of the holy name as a prayer of exaggeration, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, greatly unhappy, immediately warned everyone not to see the student's face henceforward
- When Acyutananda heard from his father that Kesava Bharati was the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy
- When he learned that the dog had not been supplied food in his absence, he was very unhappy. He then immediately sent ten men to find the dog
- When Junior Haridasa heard that he had been ordered not to approach Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy. No one could understand why he had been ordered not to come
- When Kamalakanta Visvasa heard about this punishment by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy, but when Advaita Prabhu heard about it, He was greatly pleased
- When one is engaged in the mode of passion, not only is he mentally unhappy, but his profession and occupation are also very troublesome. He has to devise so many plans and schemes to acquire enough money to maintain his status quo
- When Sacimata and Jagannatha Misra heard of the departure of their elder son, Visvarupa, they were very unhappy, but Lord Caitanya tried to console them
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed through Radha-desa, whoever saw Him in ecstasy exclaimed, "Hari! Hari!" As they chanted this with the Lord, all the unhappiness of material existence diminished
- When Svarupa Damodara returned and related all these incidents, Jagadananda Pandita felt very unhappy
- When the city was set ablaze, all the citizens and servants of the King, as well as all family members, sons, grandsons, wives and other relatives, were within the fire. King Puranjana thus became very unhappy
- When the King heard that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was going to Alalanatha, he was very unhappy and inquired about the reason. Then Kasi Misra informed him of all the details
- When the Mayavadi sannyasis were criticizing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu anywhere and everywhere in Varanasi, the Maharashtriyan brahmana, hearing this blasphemy, began to think about this unhappily
- When the men returned without success, Sivananda Sena became very unhappy and fasted for the night
- When they (different rulers of the world) were released by the grace of Lord Krsna, they all looked very unhappy, their garments were niggardly, and their faces were almost dried up for want of proper bodily care
- When unhappiness, fearfulness and the sense of having offended combine, one feels condemned. This sense of condemnation is described as dinata, humility
- When you come to your real ego, then you become happy. And because you are in false ego, you are unhappy
- Whereas Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the SPG, is full of transcendental bliss, possesses all six spiritual opulences in full, and is the master of the material energy, the small conditioned soul, who is always unhappy, is the servant of the material energy
- Wherever the Lord visited, crowds of innumerable people came to see Him. When they saw Him, all their unhappiness and lamentation disappeared
- While Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was instructing Sanatana Gosvami, both Candrasekhara and Tapana Misra became very unhappy. Therefore they submitted an appeal unto the lotus feet of the Lord
- While the brahmana was fasting, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him, "Why are you fasting? Why are you so unhappy? Why are you so worried"
- Why the devotees in London are unhappy? What is the situation?
- Without being jolly, one cannot make any tangible progress in KC and without strictly following the regulative principles and chanting the prescribed number of rounds on the beads, nobody can become free from the unhappiness of this material world
- Without husband, woman is very, very unhappy. Therefore according to Vedic system the father has got a very responsible duty to get the daughter married. It is a responsibility of the father
- Yet all unhappiness and lamentation were immediately dissipated, and people became all-jubilant. Thus Jagannatha Misra was also overwhelmed with joy
- You have got freedom. You may serve the Lord, you may not serve. That is your freedom. But if you serve the Lord, then you become happy. If you do not serve the Lord, then you become unhappy
- Your loving propensity is there, but it is being misplaced. It is placed on dog instead of God; therefore you are unhappy. When your loving propensity will be placed in the proper place, you will be happy. This is Krsna consciousness