Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
remember | remembered | remembering | remembers
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Always Remember (2 C, 27 P)
- ► Caitanya's Remembering (12 P)
- ► I Remember (Prabhupada) (32 P)
- ► Krsna's Remembering (15 P)
- ► Memory (2 C, 69 P)
- ► Smaranam (14 P)
- ► We Should Always Remember (Disciples of SP) (103 P)
Pages in category "Remember"
The following 246 pages are in this category, out of 246 total.
- A brahmana means purified. So those who are going to be sacred-threaded today, they should remember that they are being accepted as sucih, as brahmana
- A devotee more easily attains samadhi, or trance, by constantly remembering the Lord's personal feature along with His holy name, fame, pastimes, etc.
- A living entity, by his past experience, remembers the real happiness of his original, spiritual existence, but since he has forgotten himself he seeks spiritual or permanent happiness in matter, although this is impossible to achieve
- A Vaisnava never sees the material form of anything, moving or nonmoving. Rather, everywhere he looks he sees the energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and immediately he remembers the transcendental form of the Lord
- About this remembrance there is a nice statement in the Visnu Purana, where it is said, "Simply by remembering the Supreme Personality of Godhead all living entities become eligible for all kinds of auspiciousness"
- According to our Vedic system we keep God's name our children or family member, so that somehow or other, there are thousands of names of Krsna, if we remember one of them, our life is successful
- Actually, KC can be based simply on hearing, chanting, remembering, etc. Described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam are nine different processes, besides which everything done is unfavorable to KC. Thus, one should always be guarding against falldowns
- After changing the body, a living entity generally forgets his previous life, but in special cases, by the grace of the Lord, as with Nalakuvara and Manigriva, one can remember
- After one is established in devotional service, the positive actions are (1) hearing, (2) chanting, (3) remembering, (4) worshiping, (5) praying, (6) serving, (7) accepting servitorship, (8) becoming a friend and (9) surrendering fully
- After the departure of the Lord from the vision of earthly people, when Arjuna was face to face with being vanquished in his acquired power and prominence, he wanted again to remember the great teachings of the Bhagavad-gita
- Again remembered all his transcendental loving service
- All glories to the devotees of Lord Caitanya, headed by Srivasa Thakura! In order to fulfill all my desires, I remember their lotus feet
- All great men or great personalities who have appeared on this earth and rendered great service to the humanity, they are still remembered
- All living entities are controlled by the supreme energy of the Lord, and sometimes they remember and sometimes they forget their constitutional position
- All other business, he will remember, but when he is requested to become Krsna conscious, to understand Krsna, he doesn't like it. Except Krsna consciousness, he will take all responsibility and work hard for that purpose
- Although the Lord may appear like an ordinary person, He remembers everything of His many, many past "births," whereas a common man cannot remember what he has done even a few hours before
- Always remember that our first business is preaching and distributing literatures, never mind we have to live under a tree
- An expert devotee of the Lord can mold his life in such a way that while performing all kinds of duties either for this or the next life, he can constantly remember the Lord's name, fame, qualities, etc
- Another gopi inquired, "Does He (Krsna) remember that night in the midst of kumuda flowers and moonlight, when Vrndavana became exceedingly beautiful? Krsna was dancing with us, and the atmosphere was surcharged with the sound of foot bells"
- Anyone who hears the story of the Syamantaka jewel or describes it or simply remembers it will be free from all kinds of defamation and the reactions of all impious activities and thus will attain the highest perfectional condition of peace
- Anyone with a material body cannot remember his past life, nor can he foretell his future life, nor can he predict the outcome of his present life; therefore he cannot know what is happening in past, present and future
- Arjuna could not remember his past deeds, although he is always with the Lord. And what can the tiny ordinary man, falsely claiming to be one with the cosmic consciousness, know about his past, present and future?
- As it is an offense to consider oneself to be Krsna, so it is offensive to consider oneself to be Yasoda, Nanda, or any other associate of the Lord. We should always remember that they are transcendental; they are never conditioned souls
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this from the Bhattacarya, He immediately remembered Lord Visnu and began to speak humbly to him as follows
- As soon as he (Mucukunda) remembered this prediction, he understood that the Supreme Person, Narayana, was present before Him as Lord Krsna. He immediately fell down at His lotus feet and began to pray as follows
- As soon as Sri Ranga Puri recalled Navadvipa, he also recalled accompanying Sri Madhavendra Puri to the house of Jagannatha Misra, where Ranga Puri had taken lunch. He even remembered the taste of an unprecedented curry made of banana flowers
- Ask your father whether he is still interested in the matter of starting the Rupanuga Para Vidya Pitha in the land he proposed to give me on lease terms. Perhaps you remember this proposal. When I first came to your temple you measured the land yourself
- At that time the conditioned souls are resting in the condition called susupti which is exactly deep sleep without dream, or anesthetized state, therefore they do not remember being with Krsna when they wake up in the material world
- Bali said, "Please be kind to me, who am fully surrendered unto You (Krsna), and favor me with Your causeless mercy so that I may simply remember Your lotus feet, birth after birth"
- Because he (Rukmi) was a ksatriya, he could remember his promise that he would not return to his capital city, Kundina, without killing Krsna and releasing his sister, which he had failed to do
- Because I do not remember what I did in my mother's womb, that does not mean that I had no a little body. The body is change, I am there. Therefore, I change this body I will remain. This is common sense business. I am changing my body daily every moment
- Because Narada was a naisthika-brahmacari he could remember whatever he heard from his spiritual master and would never forget it
- Because such great sages can remember everything, they are thoughtful, self-realized and completely fixed in the service of the Lord
- Bhismadeva was a pure devotee, and as a military marshal he constantly remembered the battlefield feature of the Lord as Partha-sarathi, the chariot driver of Arjuna
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: bashfulness, concealment, remembering, argumentativeness, anxiety, thoughtfulness, endurance, happiness, eagerness, haughtiness, envy, impudence, dizziness and alertness
- Both of them (Bhimasena and Duryodhana) then became like madmen in remembering the strong accusations and ill behavior they had exchanged with each other
- By "the same perfection" we must always remember the example of the sun and the sunshine
- Chivalrous activities in the matter of fighting, the expression of pride, emotions, endurance, kindness, determination, jubilation, enthusiasm, jealousy and remembrance are called unconstitutional
- Conditioned souls are resting in the condition called susupti which is exactly deep sleep without dream, or anesthetized state, therefore they do not remember being with Krsna when they wake up in the material world and become engaged in material affairs
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Dear Queen Yasodadevi, you and Nanda Maharaja have been great friends to us, and when we remember you we are immediately overwhelmed by the thought of your friendly activities"
- Do not waste any time, but work always to please Krishna within your heart. He is witnessing everything. He only wants us to constantly remember Him
- Due to his stringent execution of devotional service, Maharaja Bharata could remember the activities of his past life and how he was raised to the spiritual platform
- Even by remembering the activities of such Vaisnavas, one becomes purified, along with his whole family. And what, then, can be said of rendering direct service to him
- Even I am far away, as you say you are remembering me, so also I am remembering you, and in that sense we are never separated
- Even if at the time of death a devotee does not remember his service to the Lord, the Lord does not forget him
- Even the very question (what a man should hear, chant, remember and worship, and also what he should not do) is so nice that it is the best subject matter for hearing
- Everyone drinks water, and as soon as you drink water when you are thirsty, and the taste of the water appeases your thirst, so if you simply remember that "In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that this taste is Krsna,"
- Everyone should take to Krsna consciousness. Remember, behind you there is the Yamaraja, death
- Foolish people adore such men who die in national consciousness, but here is an example of Maharaja Yudhisthira, a royal king who prepared himself to leave this world without such national consciousness. And yet he is remembered even today
- For a common man, it is very difficult to remember things as they are at the time of death, but by the grace of the Lord and His bona fide devotees, the spiritual masters, one can get this opportunity without difficulty
- From the outside, the gopis could visualize all the pastimes of Krsna by hearing the descriptions of Uddhava, and from within they could remember those pastimes
- Gopis inquired from Balarama, "Does He (Krsna) sometimes remember His father Nanda and His mother Yasoda and the other friends with whom He so intimately behaved while in Vrndavana"
- Gopis inquired from Balarama, "Does Krsna have any plans to come here to see His mother, Yasoda, and does He remember us gopis, who are now pitiably bereft of His company"
- Govinda dasa is reminding his mind "You have experience of your material happiness. So material happiness means, the ultimate goal of material happiness is sex life. But don't you remember how long you can enjoy this sex life?" Capala. "Flickering"
- Grandfather Bhisma remembered this scene (Krsna ran towards him with a chariot wheel to kill him), and He later praised Krsna for His glorious favoritism towards His devotee, Arjuna, even at the risk of breaking His own promise
- Having attained the body of a demigod, King Nrga, continuing to remember everything, said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supreme Lord & are worshiped by all the demigods. You are not one of the ordinary living entities; You are the SP, Purusottama"
- He (a devotee who has attained the title of gosvami) should always remember that as soon as he becomes materially puffed up, he immediately falls down
- He (Arjuna) specifically took the arrow presented to him by Lord Siva, and while going out he remembered Lord Siva and his great favor
- He (Rantideva) was especially hospitable to Vasistha Muni, and by his blessings only he attained the higher planetary residence. He is one of those pious kings whose names are remembered in the morning and evening
- He also remembered how Sri Jagannatha Misra's wife, Sacimata, was expert in cooking. He recalled that she was very affectionate toward the sannyasis and fed them exactly like her own sons
- I also remember the six Gosvamis - Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha
- I am remembering always you and your father, that you so selflessly aided me in my preparation for coming to the western countries and distributing the great gift of Srimad-Bhagavatam to the western society
- I am so glad to note that you remember the auspicious day sometimes in 1944 when I started my "Back to Godhead" magazine. I think in the first issue you wrote some article
- I have become old, and you are also old, although not so old as I am. We may pass away, but my disciples will carry on this festival yearly, and so it will be remembered forever our eternal relationship with Jagannathaji and Radha-Govindaji
- I have now become too old and disturbed by invalidity. While I write, my hands tremble. I cannot remember anything, nor can I see or hear properly. Still I write, and this is a great wonder
- If a surrendered soul tries to arrange for food and shelter but does not succeed, or if, once having these things, he loses them, then despite such reverses he remains unperturbed and simply remembers the Supreme Lord, Hari
- If after studying one can remember a subject matter, he is gifted with a good memory, or smrti
- If one hears and chants or remembers this narration in the morning and evening with great attention, he certainly becomes learned, experienced in understanding the Vedic hymns, and expert in self-realization
- If one remembers in the morning the narration of this fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva and takes pleasure in the victory of Lord Krsna, he will never experience defeat anywhere in his struggle of life
- If we remember that the Supreme Spirit is indeed omnipresent, we can create a spiritual atmosphere by performing all our activities in relation to the Supreme Spirit, with everything directed by one who is a self-realized soul
- If you are a pure devotee and if you are always merged in the thought of Krsna, you should always remember that Krsna is with you. Krsna is with you
- If you are always remembering Him by your activities and seeing Krishna everywhere, even in the heart of the demonic persons
- If you change your body, then you forget. But Krsna remembers. That means Krsna does not change His body. That is another argument
- If you simply say, 'I do not remember,' I shall take care of the rest. By argument, I shall defeat the young brahmana
- In any one of the above-mentioned castes and orders of life, the four processes, namely glorifying, hearing, remembering and worshiping, are general occupations. Without these principles of life, no one can exist
- In many sastras (scriptures) it is said that simply by hearing, remembering, glorifying, desiring, seeing, or touching the land of Mathura, one can achieve all desire
- In other words, no one can enter into the kingdom of God without being freed from all sinful reactions. Sinful reactions can be avoided simply by remembering the form, qualities, pastimes, etc., of the Lord
- In other words, one should not bother about his personal or family maintenance or sustenance. If one is actually surrendered in body and soul, he should always remember that his only concern is to be engaged in the service of the Lord
- In such expressions of ecstatic love there are many other subsidiary symptoms, such as jubilation, withering, silence, disappointment, moroseness, reverence, thoughtfulness, remembrance, doubtfulness, confidence
- In the beginning of this narration, simply by remembering the spiritual master, the devotees of the Lord, and the Personality of Godhead, I have invoked their benedictions
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that He is present in everyone's heart, and from Him only all knowledge, remembrance or forgetfulness take place
- In the body of a deer he (Bharata Maharaja) was very careful to remember the cause of his downfall. As a result, he was given a chance to be born in a family of very pure brahmanas. Thus his service to the Lord never went in vain
- In the condition of dreaming, when one's consciousness is almost covered, one may see many unfavorable things which cause disturbance or anxiety, but upon awakening, although he remembers what happened in the dream, he is not disturbed
- In the Mahabharata, Draupadi says, "My dear Govinda, Your promise is that Your devotee can never be vanquished. I believe in that statement, and therefore in all kinds of tribulations I simply remember Your promise, and thus I live"
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about remembering the activities of the Lord, "A person who is always engaged in meditation on the sweet pastimes and wonderful activities of the Lord surely becomes freed from all material contamination"
- In this life he (Bharata Maharaja) could also remember the activities of his past life, and in order to avoid the influence of society, he remained like a deaf and dumb person
- Intelligence engaged in My devotion cannot be thwarted at any time. Even at the time of creation, as well as at the time of annihilation, your remembrance will continue by My mercy
- It appears that Kuntidevi was remembering the miserable days when she had been banished with her sons through the mischievous plans of Dhrtarastra and Duryodhana
- It is not easy for a common man to remember the activities of his past life, but Bharata Maharaja could remember his past activities due to his great sacrifices and engagement in devotional service
- It is said, "Persons who are constantly engaged in K C, and who remember the transcendental qualities of the Lord, become free from all reactions to sinful activities, and after being so cleansed they become fit to enter into the kingdom of God"
- It is to be understood that the parampara system begins with the Personality of Godhead Narayana Rsi. We should remember that this Veda-stuti is narrated by Kumara Sanandana, and the narration is repeated by Narayana Rsi in Badarikasrama
- It would be better to live perpetually cramped within the airtight bag of a mother's womb, where one can at least remember the lotus feet of the Lord, than to live in a place where there is no opportunity to remember His lotus feet
- King Nrga said, "Such a person who remembers his past life is called jati-smara. In modern times also there are instances of small children recalling many details of their past lives"
- King Puranjana gave up his body while remembering his wife, and consequently in his next life he became a very beautiful and well-situated woman. He took his next birth as the daughter of King Vidarbha in the very house of the King
- Krishna is very merciful to His sincere devotees, but also we have to remember that Maya is very strong. Therefore, we have to always be engaged in serving Krishna
- Krsna continued to talk with His brahmana friend, "My dear friend, I think you remember our activities during the days when we were living as students. You may remember that once we went to collect fuel from the forest on the order of the guru's wife"
- Krsna continued, "My dear friend (Sudama), you may remember that many such incidents occurred while we were in the asrama of our spiritual master (Sandipani Muni)"
- Krsna said, "My dear brahmana friend, that you remember all those days of our school life when you and I were living together at the boarding school (gurukula). Actually, whatever knowledge you and I received in life was accumulated in our student life"
- Krsna said, "You (Indra) should always remember that all your material opulences are due to My mercy. No living entity can independently become opulent; one must be favored by My mercy. Everyone should always remember that I am the Supreme Lord"
- Krsna said, "You (Sudama) may remember that heavy rainfall - it was not actually rainfall but a sort of devastation"
- Krsna should be the object of love is the central point of Krsna consciousness. Constantly chanting the Hare Krsna mantra & remembering the transcendental pastimes of Krsna, one can be fully in Krsna consciousness & thus make his life sublime & fruitful
- Later on, Vyasadeva thought it wise to write down the Vedas because in this age people are short-memoried and unable to remember all the instructions given by the spiritual master
- Lord Balarama is the original Visnu; therefore anyone remembering these pastimes of Lord Balarama in the morning and evening will certainly become a great devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and thus his life will be successful in all respects
- Memory may be poor. Everything depends on cultivation. If you cultivate something, your memory increases. Everyone becomes expert not in one day but by cultivation. Similarly, if you try to remember, then your memory will help you to remember
- Mother Yasoda continued, "I become distressed just by remembering this incident. The Putana witch came to devour my son, & she deceived me into letting her take the child on her lap. After that, she died & made a tumultuous sound with her gigantic body"
- Mother Yasoda understood that a child had been born to her, but because she was very tired from the labor of childbirth, she fell fast asleep. When she awoke, she could not remember whether she had given birth to a male or a female child
- Nanda continued, "Please let us know whether Krsna now remembers His father and mother and His friends and companions in Vrndavana. Does He like to remember His cows, His gopis, His Govardhana Hill, His pasturing grounds in Vrndavana"
- Nanda continued, "We remember how He saved us from the forest fire, how He saved us from the great snake Kaliya in the Yamuna, and how He saved us from so many other demons"
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "Now You and Krsna are grown-up married men with children. In the happiness of family life, do You sometimes remember Your poor father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasodadevi"
- Now Gajendra was in danger, and although he was in a body other than that of a human being, he remembered the stotra he had chanted in his previous life
- O King (Dhrtarastra), as I (Sanjaya) remember the wonderful form of Lord Krsna, I am struck with wonder more and more, and I rejoice again and again
- O Uddhava! It is indeed regrettable that Krsna resides in Mathura. Does He remember His father's household affairs and His friends, the cowherd boys?
- Of course, Arjuna was not an ordinary living entity, but because of his friendly dealings with Krsna he thought that Krsna was unable to give protection to the brahmana and that he would do better to remember Lord Siva
- One can remember incidents from his past and can conjecture about his future also on the basis of past experience
- One must pray to the Deity for His mercy. 26) One should remember the Deity. 27) One should meditate upon the Deity. 28) One should render some voluntary service. 29) One should think of the Lord as his friend
- One should be satisfied with his married wife, for even a slight deviation will create havoc. A Krsna conscious grhastha should always remember this
- One who always remembers your (Prahlada) activities and My (Nrsimhadeva) activities also, and who chants the prayers you have offered, becomes free, in due course of time, from the reactions of material activities
- One who can completely control sex life is able to work wonderfully with his brain, especially in remembering. Thus students who simply hear Vedic instructions once from their teacher could remember them verbatim without needing to read books
- One who can remember everything perpetually is called a sruti-dhara. A sruti-dhara brahmacari can repeat verbatim all that he has heard, without notes and without reference to books
- Ordinary body cannot be resurrected. Jesus Christ appeared in his spiritual body, certainly. Jesus Christ told, if I remember, that "Lord, excuse these persons," who were crucifying him. Is it not?
- Owing to various kinds of disturbances and to being out of the abdomen, the child cannot remember what he was thinking of for his salvation
- Pandita Gangadasa was the eighth dear branch of the tree of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. One who remembers his activities attains freedom from all bondage
- Paramatma is the witness of the past activities of the individual living being. A man may not remember what he has done in his childhood, but his father, who has seen him grow through different stages of development, certainly remembers
- Paramesvara dasa, said to be the fifth gopala of Krsna-lila, completely surrendered to the lotus feet of Nityananda. Anyone who remembers his name, Paramesvara dasa, will get love of Krsna very easily
- Perhaps you remember the verse in the tenth chapter of Bhagavad-gita that the Lord Himself supplies the light and intelligence from within the heart of a devotee who is constantly engaged in His transcendental loving service
- Raghunatha dasa spent more than twenty-two hours out of every twenty-four chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and remembering the lotus feet of the Lord. He ate and slept for less than an hour and a half, and on some days that also was impossible
- Ramananda Raya said, "Instead of joking, people in general will feel great pleasure in hearing such poetry, for the initial remembrance of the worshipable Deity invokes good fortune"
- Remembering His loving affairs with Sudama in their childhood, Krsna began to shed tears while receiving him
- Remembering his position of servitude, Patri bowed down before his master (Krsna), and with great respect and control, he stifled his smiling. This subdued smiling is an instance of concealment caused by a respectful attitude
- Romaharsana Suta belonged to a pratiloma family because his father was a ksatriya and his mother a brahmana. Because Romaharsana's transcendental realization was not perfect, Lord Balarama remembered his pratiloma heritage
- Romaharsana Suta had been given the chance to become a perfect brahmana, but because of his ill behavior in his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his low birth was immediately remembered
- Rukmini continued, "I still remember vividly how You (Krsna) kidnapped me in the same way that a lion forcibly takes its share of hunted booty, driving away all small animals within the twinkling of an eye"
- Rukmini continued, "Who is that young woman who has accompanied him? How have they met? Remembering my own son, who was stolen from the maternity home, I can only guess if he is living somewhere, he might have grown by this time to be like this boy"
- Seeing Pradyumna, she (Rukmini-devi) naturally remembered her own son, and milk began to flow from her breasts out of motherly affection
- She (Kunti) asked, "Does Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is very affectionate to His devotees, remember my sons (The Pandavas)? Does Balarama remember us"
- She (Kunti-devi) remembered the past calamities of her life and how by the grace of Krsna she and her sons, the Pandavas, had been saved
- She had gone to bring water from the Ganges, but when she saw Citraratha, the King of the Gandharvas, sporting with the celestial girls, she was somewhat inclined toward him and failed to remember that the time for the fire sacrifice was passing
- Simply by our remembering you, our houses become instantly sanctified. And what to speak of seeing you, touching you, washing your holy feet and offering you a seat in our home?
- Since she (Devaki) had heard of this incident, she had also been thinking of her own sons who were killed by Kamsa, and while remembering them she was overwhelmed with grief
- Skanda Purana said, "Tulasi is auspicious in all respects. Simply by seeing, simply by touching, simply by remembering, simply by praying to, simply by bowing before, simply by hearing about or simply by sowing this tree, there is always auspiciousness"
- Some commentator says that when he (Ajamila ) chanted "Narayana," then all his reaction of sinful life immediately disappeared and he remembered real Narayana. Because he, in his boyhood, was trained up as a Vaisnava by his father
- Sometimes we are very much proud of seeing and challenge, "Can you show me God?" but we forget to remember that as soon as the light is gone, the power of my seeing is gone
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "What should all living entities constantly remember?" Ramananda Raya replied, "The chief objects of remembrance are always the Lord's holy name, qualities and pastimes"
- Sri Ranga Puri also remembered that one of her deserving sons had accepted the renounced order at a very young age. His name was Sankararanya
- Sri Ranga Puri also remembered the wife of Jagannatha Misra. She was very devoted and chaste. As for her affection, she was exactly like the mother of the universe
- Sri Ranga Puri had formerly gone to Navadvipa with Sri Madhavendra Puri, and he therefore remembered the incidents that had taken place there
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that if an observer immediately remembers the holy name of Krsna upon seeing a Vaisnava, that Vaisnava should be considered a maha-bhagavata, a first-class devotee
- Srimati Kunti said, "My dear Krsna, I remember the day when You sent my brother Akrura to gather information about us. This means that You always remember us automatically"
- Such descriptions of Krsna’s transcendental pastimes and activities were remembered by the gopis during His absence from Vrndavana. They give us some idea of how attractive Krsna is, not only to human beings but to all animate and inanimate objects
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "My dear King, if you want to be fearless in meeting your death next week (for actually everyone is afraid at the point of death), then you must immediately begin the process of hearing and chanting and remembering God"
- Taking advantage of this opportunity, the demons, remembering their former enmity, began to vanquish the three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- That gentleman has written, "Swami Bhaktivedanta will be remembered for centuries, making history." Is not that?
- That you should understand. Not that remembering or not remembering. Even in the spiritual world, they do not know that Krsna is God
- The Ayurveda-sastra recommends, ausadhi cintayet visnum: even while taking medicine, one should remember Visnu, because the medicine is not all and all and Lord Visnu is the real protector
- The best thing to do on fasting days is to remember the pastimes of Govinda and to hear His holy name constantly
- The child thus remains just like a bird in a cage, without freedom of movement. At that time, if the child is fortunate, he can remember all the troubles of his past one hundred births, and he grieves wretchedly
- The chronological process is sravanam kirtanam visnoh. This same process of chronological understanding holds true in chanting and remembering
- The complete central force is generated from the heart by the Lord, who is seated there and who helps the conditioned soul in remembering and forgetting
- The culture of vidya is summarized in Srimad-Bhagavatam in the following words: "Therefore, with one-pointed attention one should constantly hear about, glorify, remember and worship the Personality of Godhead, who is the protector of the devotees"
- The devotees need not be disappointed in the physical absence of the Lord, though they may think of not being associated with Him. The devotional process of chanting, hearing, remembering, etc, can give us the desired result of associating with the Lord
- The devotional service of the Lord consists of nine principles of service activities, and they are: hearing, chanting, remembering, serving the lotus feet, worshiping, praying, executing the orders, fraternizing, and fully surrendering
- The eighth creation is that of the lower species of life, and they are of different varieties, numbering twenty-eight. They are all extensively foolish and ignorant. They know their desirables by smell, but are unable to remember anything within the heart
- The elderly brahmana said, "My dear friends, please hear what I have to submit. I do not exactly remember making a promise like that"
- The essence of all advice is that one should utilize one's full time - twenty-four hours a day - in nicely chanting & remembering the Lord's divine name, transcendental form, qualities & eternal pastimes, thereby gradually engaging one's tongue & mind
- The example of the gopis is very instructive to persons who are trying to be absorbed in Krsna consciousness. One can very easily associate with Krsna simply by remembering His transcendental pastimes. Everyone has a tendency to love someone
- The first instruction of spiritual life is to understand that "I am not this body." The example is given, very simple thing, that I am present, although I remember that I had a small body lying down on the lap of my mother
- The good instruction given by Lord Balarama to Bhimasena and Duryodhana was intended for the equal benefit of both of them. But they were so enwrapped in anger against each other that they could remember only their long-standing personal enmity
- The greenery of the rainy season is but a temporary show. It looks very pleasant, but we must remember that it will not last. Similarly, there are persons who undergo severe austerities for some material gain, but those who are sane avoid this
- The human civilization is meant for searching out God. Na te viduh. They do not know, unfortunately. They have forgotten. But by good association, they can remember
- The Lord (Krsna) would go to the assembly house known as Sudharma. It may be remembered that the Sudharma assembly house was taken away from the heavenly planets and established in the city of Dvaraka
- The Lord continued: Those who remember you every evening of every day will become friendly with their brothers and with all other living entities
- The Lord is satisfied more when His pure devotees are glorified, and therefore Bhismadeva has not only glorified the acts of Arjuna, his immediate object of attraction, but has also remembered the gopis
- The Lord's pastimes and qualities are unlimited. It is not possible for us to remember all the qualities of the Lord. Therefore, the personified Vedas worshiped to the best of their ability, and at the end they spoke as follows
- The Lord, being omnipresent, can be present with us if we want Him at all. By His omnipresence, He can always be with us if we are attached to His devotional service by hearing, chanting, remembering, etc
- The lotus feet of Sri Rupa Gosvami and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami are my source of strength. Remembering their lotus feet can fulfill all one's desires
- The mind, although ceasing to think of sensual activities at present, remembers past sensual activities from the subconscious status and thus disturbs one from cent percent engagement in self-realization
- The most confidential part of the instruction is that one should always chant and remember the glories of the Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, along with His different plenary portions
- The nine different modes of devotional service, such as hearing, chanting and remembering, are the beginning of the process
- The one who is questioning, he should be submissive, not in a challenging mood; and one who is answering, he should remember the lotus feet of the Lord so that right answer can come from Him
- The perfect devotee may see many movable and immovable objects, but in everything he sees that the energy of Krsna is acting. As soon as he remembers the energy of Krsna, he immediately remembers Krsna in His personal form
- The principle of remembering the Supreme Personality of Godhead constantly and not forgetting Him at any moment is meant to be followed by everyone without fail
- The program executed by you on Janmastami and Nandotsava Days appears to be very nice and I am so glad that you remember my childhood name Nandu given by one of my uncles
- The pure devotee, simply by remembering the Lord's lotus feet at every second, at once becomes established in real trance because by such realization his mind and intelligence are completely cleansed of the diseases of material enjoyment
- The pure heart of a devotee is never disturbed when he executes devotional service in the form of hearing, chanting, remembering, etc
- The queens continued, "As soon as you vibrate your sweet voice, we immediately remember Syamasundara because your voice exactly resembles His"
- The sages said, "Because You (Balarama) desired to kill him, he should not be brought to life again. At the same time, You may remember that we sages and brahmanas voluntarily gave him long life; therefore, such a benediction should not be nullified"
- The service of the spiritual master is essential. If there is no chance to serve the spiritual master directly, a devotee should serve him by remembering his instructions
- The spiritual activities of hearing, chanting, remembering and so forth are the natural characteristics of devotional service. The marginal characteristic is that it awakens pure love for Krsna
- The Supreme Godhead is always awake. In the conditioned stage we forget things because we change our bodies, but because the Supreme Personality of Godhead does not change His body, He remembers past, present and future
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- There are nine different kinds of devotional service, which are listed as hearing, chanting, remembering, serving, worshiping the Deity in the temple, praying, carrying out orders, serving Him as a friend and sacrificing everything for Him
- There are nine different methods of cultivating devotional service such as hearing, chanting, remembering, etc, and all these processes are employed in the first stage of devotional service
- There is a nice statement in the Visnu Purana, where it is said, "let me always remember the Lord, who is unborn and eternal"
- There is a statement by Yamunacarya to this effect: "Since I have begun to enjoy these transcendental exchanges of love, which are always newer and newer, whenever I remember the pleasure of past sex life, my lips curl and I wish to spit on the idea"
- There is no difference between chanting and hearing or remembering or worshiping in the temple
- There was no need to refer to books, and therefore there were no written books in those days. The spiritual master delivered the Vedic hymns and their explanations to the student, who would then remember them forever, without consulting books
- Therefore, one should first of all hear about the Lord. When one has perfectly and scrutinizingly heard, one must glorify His acts and deeds, and thus it will become possible to remember constantly the transcendental nature of the Lord
- These, or any of the other six different types of devotional service (remembering, serving, praying, engaging in some particular service, being in a friendly relationship or offering everything in one's possession) should be executed in full earnestness
- They (the citizens of Mathura) also began to remember other enlivening activities, "The damsels of Vrndavana were so much pleased by seeing Krsna's beauty and participating in His activities that they forgot the troubles of material existence"
- They (the gopis and men) remembered the words of Garga Muni, who had foretold, by dint of his vast knowledge of the Vedas & astrology, that this boy would be attacked by many demons. Now they were actually seeing that this was coming true, word for word
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) expressed their feelings with tears in their eyes due to intense attachment for Krsna. All of them desired a benediction from Uddhava. They desired to always remember the glorious activities of Krsna
- Thinking of her (Kunti's) birthplace and beginning to cry, she asked Akrura whether her father, mother, brothers, sisters and other friends at home still remembered her. She especially inquired about Krsna and Balarama, her glorious nephews
- This chanting of Hare Krsna mantra is always thinking of Krsna. Even I don't like it, think Krsna, as soon as the name is chanted immediately I'm forced to think of Krsna, immediately. Hare Krsna, as I say, immediately I remember Krsna, man-mana
- This is confirmed by Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita, Fifteenth Chapter, "I am present in everyone's heart, and I cause one to remember and forget. I am the original compiler of the Vedanta, and I am the actual knower of the Vedas"
- This mantra, apavitrah pavitro va sarvavastham, any condition of life, you can simply remember Pundarikaksam, Krsna. As soon as you chant "Krsna," you remember everything
- Thus altogether Krsna's sons numbered 16,108 times ten. One should not be astonished to hear that Krsna had so many sons. One should always remember that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and that He has unlimited potencies
- To attain perfection in yoga practice or meditation, one must act in devotional service by hearing, chanting, remembering, etc
- Tulasi leaf eating is good. You can eat leaf, especially palatable with water. Water, that is good. But you make it, imitation tea, that means I remember tea-drinking
- Unfortunately, due to our bad association and great attachment for sense gratification, we do not remember our best friend, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Unless one is accustomed to devotional practice, what will he remember at the time of death, when the body is dislocated, and how can he pray to the almighty Lord to remember his sacrifices?
- Vasudeva replied to his sister, "My dear sister (Kuntidevi), do not be sorry, and do not blame me in that way. We should always remember that we are all only toys in the hands of providence"
- Vyasadeva thought it wise to write down the Vedas, because in this age people are short-memoried and unable to remember all the instructions given by the spiritual master. Therefore, he left all the Vedic knowledge in the form of books
- We cannot remember what was, what I was in my past life. Neither I know what I am going to be in the next life. But there is. I was in the past, I am in the present, and I shall remain in the future. That is my position
- We must always remember that the Lord is always transcendental to all mundane attachment
- We must always remember that the Supreme Lord has His creative function and that the infinitesimal living entities have their creative functions also. It is not that their creative function is lost when they are liberated
- We must always remember, however, that such eagerness to follow in the footsteps of the denizens of Braja (Vrndavana) is not possible unless one is freed from material contamination
- We must remember that a sinful man cannot develop God Consciousness. The four pillars of sinful life are: 1) no illicit sex, 2) animal killing or animal eating, 3) indulgence in intoxication in any form, and 4) take to the life of gambling
- We must remember that Puranjana is the living entity, and the city Pancala is the body. The body is the field of activity for the living entity, as stated in Bhagavad-gita: ksetra-ksetrajna
- We should always remember that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, was playing exactly like a human being
- We should pray to the Lord to be able to remember His lotus feet without fail at the time of death
- We should remember that Svarupa Damodara Gosvami recorded the pastimes briefly, whereas Raghunatha dasa Gosvami recorded them elaborately. These two great personalities simply recorded the facts; they did not create any descriptive literary embellishments
- Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, that state he will attain without fail
- When Ajamila chanted the holy name of Narayana, he did not precisely remember the Supreme Lord; instead, he remembered his own son
- When I speak of Krsna, you must remember that I am speaking of God. There are millions of names of God in different parts of the world, but Krsna is the supreme name according to Vedic knowledge
- When Krsna and Satyabhama were returning from the capital city of Indra, Satyabhama remembered Krsna's promise to give her a parijata tree
- When Krsna ordered Mucukunda to ask a benediction from Him, the King was joyful, he immediately remembered Garga Muni's prediction, who had foretold long before that in the twenty-eighth millennium of Vaivasvata Manu, Krsna would appear on this planet
- When Krsna saw the full-moon night of the sarat season, decorated with various seasonal flowers - especially the mallika flowers, which are very fragrant - He remembered the gopis' prayers to Goddess Katyayani
- When one attains this stage (varana-dasa), he becomes attached to the hearing of krsna-katha. When one is able to chant in ecstasy, he attains the stage of smaranavastha, the stage of remembering
- When one is actually liberated from material contamination, he can always remember an eternal devotee in Vrndavana in order to love Krsna in the same capacity. And developing such an aptitude, one will always live in Vrndavana, even within his mind
- When one remembers Lord Visnu, he becomes free from material enjoyment. Thus he gradually comes forward toward the transcendental service of the Lord and becomes eligible to chant the holy name of the Lord in the transcendental position
- When the gopis were describing the sweet vibration of Krsna's flute, they also remembered their pastimes with Him; thus their minds became disturbed, and they were unable to describe completely the beautiful vibrations
- When the senses are purified by the process of hearing, chanting, remembering, and worshiping the lotus feet of the holy Deity, etc., the Lord reveals Himself proportionately to the advancement of the quality of devotional service
- While going to the maternity home to attend to the delivery case of the brahmana's wife, Arjuna remembered Lord Siva, and not his friend Krsna
- With sword in hand, intelligent men cut through the binding knots of reactionary work (karma) by remembering the Personality of Godhead. Therefore, who will not pay attention to His message
- Yamaraja advised his followers that only persons who have never uttered the holy name of the Lord or remembered the form, qualities and pastimes of the Lord should be approached by his watchguards
- Yamuna prayed "I forgot Your (Balarama) glorious, exalted position, but now I have come to my senses, and I remember that You hold all the planetary systems on Your head merely by Your partial expansion Sesa. You are the sustainer of the whole universe"
- You do not have to flatly deny that you spoke such a thing. There is no need to make a false statement. Simply say that you do not remember what you said
- You should always remember: don't manufacture ideas