Aniruddha (Krsna's grandson)
View an introduction to Aniruddha - a glorious personality at Vanipedia.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Aniruddha (Krsna's grandson)"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, "I can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - I must find him for your satisfaction"
- All the big roads and crossings (of Dvaraka) were carefully cleansed and sprinkled with sandalwood pulp mixed with water. Everywhere was the fragrance of sandalwood (because Krsna was returning to Dvaraka with Usa & Aniruddha)
- All the people of Dvaraka, having received the news that Lord Krsna was returning with Aniruddha and Usa in great opulence, decorated every corner of the city with flags, festoons and garlands
- Aniruddha knew, however, that his would-be father-in-law (Banasura) was not at all pleased and that he was gathering many soldiers in the palace to attack him
- Aniruddha's son was Vajra. When the whole Yadu dynasty was destroyed by the curse of some brahmanas, only Vajra survived
- At the time of Aniruddha's marriage, when we were all playing chess, there was another fight with your brother Rukmi on a controversial verbal point, and My elder brother, Balarama, finally killed him
- Banasura and his company of soldiers saw that the boy (Aniruddha) was standing before them just like the superintendent of death with his invincible rod
- Banasura knew various arts of fighting, and by the grace of Lord Siva he knew how to arrest his enemy by the use of a naga-pasa, snake-noose, and thus he seized Aniruddha as he came out of the palace
- Banasura saw his daughter (Usa) and Aniruddha as a suitable match, yet for family prestige he did not like the combination at all. Banasura could not understand who the boy actually was
- Banasura was struck with wonder that, even in his presence, Aniruddha was peacefully sitting in front of Usa
- Banasura was very angry. When Banasura saw him, Aniruddha was engaged in playing with Usa. Aniruddha was nicely dressed, and Usa had garlanded him with various beautiful flowers
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty
- By his (Aniruddha's) bedside sitting place were other paraphernalia for residential purposes - nice drinks such as milk & sherbet and nice eatables which could be chewed or swallowed. Above all, she pleased him with sweet words and very obliging service
- He (Aniruddha) was dressed in yellow garments & had eyes just like lotus petals. His arms were very long, & he had nice, curling, bluish hair. The glaring rays of his glittering earrings & the beautiful smile on his lips were certainly captivating
- He (Banasura) appreciated the fact that Usa could not have selected anyone in the three worlds more beautiful. Aniruddha's complexion was brilliant and swarthy
- He (Banasura) saw that Usa and Aniruddha were sitting together and talking. They looked very beautiful together, Aniruddha being the son of Pradyumna, who was Cupid himself
- He (Narada) explained how Aniruddha had been carried to the city of Sonitapura, the capital of Banasura's empire, and how Banasura had arrested him with the naga-pasa, even though Aniruddha had defeated his soldiers
- He (Pradyumna) married the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi, and from that marriage Aniruddha was born
- He killed them just as the leader of a pack of boars kills barking dogs, one after another. In this way, Aniruddha was able to escape the palace
- Here (in SB 4.5.21) a reference is made to the marriage of Aniruddha, a grandson of Lord Krsna's. He kidnapped the daughter of Dantavakra, and thereafter he was arrested
- Just as Baladeva knocked out the teeth of Dantavakra, the King of Kalinga, during the gambling match at the marriage ceremony of Aniruddha, Virabhadra knocked out the teeth of both Daksa, who had shown them while cursing Lord Siva
- Just as he (Aniruddha) was to be punished for the kidnapping, the soldiers from Dvaraka arrived, headed by Balarama, and a fight ensued amongst the ksatriyas
- On hearing Citralekha's inquiries, Usa replied, "My dear friend, in my dream I saw a nice young man (Aniruddha) who is very, very beautiful. His complexion is swarthy, his eyes are just like lotus petals, and he is dressed in yellow garments"
- On this account, when Rukmini's grandson Aniruddha was to be married, he offered his granddaughter Rocana to Aniruddha
- One blow, Rukmi fell down immediately and was dead and gone. Thus Rukmi was killed by Balarama on that auspicious occasion of Aniruddha's marriage. These things are not very uncommon in ksatriya society
- She (Usa) identified the picture to Citralekha as that of the man (Aniruddha) who had stolen her heart
- Some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty, along with Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- The eldest son of Rukmini, Pradyumna, was married with Mayavati from his very birth, and afterwards he married Rukmavati, the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi. From Rukmavati, Pradyumna had a son named Aniruddha
- The reddish kunkuma powder put on the breasts of women was spotted here and there on the garland, indicating that Usa had embraced him (Aniruddha)
- Their mutual enmity aroused, Pradyumna fought fiercely against Samba, Akrura against Kuntibhoja, Aniruddha against Satyaki, Subhadra against Sangramajit, Sumitra against Suratha, and the two Gadas against each other
- Under the order of Banasura, the soldiers from all sides attempted to capture and arrest him. When they dared to come before him, Aniruddha struck them with the rod, breaking their heads, legs, arms and thighs, & one after another they fell to the ground
- Usa and Aniruddha lived together in the palace, and day after day Usa's love for Aniruddha grew four times upon four. Usa pleased Aniruddha with valuable garments, flowers, garlands, scents and incense
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- Usa was always cheerful in the association of Aniruddha, and she did not know the bounds of her satisfaction
- Usa worshiped Aniruddha as if he were the Supreme Personality of Godhead. By her excellent service, Usa made Aniruddha forget all other things and was able to draw his attention and love to her without deviation
- When Banasura was blessed by Lord Krsna in this way, he came before the Lord & bowed down, touching his head to the earth. He immediately arranged to have his daughter Usa seated with Aniruddha on a nice chariot & then he presented them before Lord Krsna
- When Krishna appeared on the earth Pradyumna appeared as His son born of Rukmini. The immediate expansion of Krishna is Baladeva who appeared as elder brother of Krishna and Baladeva expands Himself further as Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna, Aniruddha
- When Rukmini's grandson Aniruddha was to be married, Rukmi offered his granddaughter Rocana to Aniruddha
- When she (Usa) had attained the age of marriage & was sleeping amongst her many girlfriends, she dreamt that Aniruddha was by her side & that she was enjoying a conjugal relationship with him, although she had never actually seen him or heard of him
- When the four months of the rainy season passed and Aniruddha had still not returned home, all the members of the Yadu family became much perturbed. They could not understand how the boy was missing
- When the negotiation of the marriage of Aniruddha with Rocana was complete, big marriage party accompanied Aniruddha & started from Dvaraka. They traveled until Bhojakata, which Rukmi had colonized after his sister had been kidnapped by Krsna
- When Usa received the news that her father had arrested Aniruddha, she was overwhelmed with grief and confusion. Tears glided down from her eyes, and being unable to check herself, she began to cry very loudly
- When Usa saw the picture of Pradyumna, she became a little bashful, but when she saw the picture of Aniruddha, she became so bashful that she immediately lowered her head and smiled, having found the man she was seeking