It Is Very Difficult To...
"very difficult to"
- VedaBase query: "very difficult to" not "not very difficult to understand" not "very difficult to understand" not "not very difficult" not "not a very difficult" not "not become very difficult"
Pages in category "It Is Very Difficult To..."
The following 154 pages are in this category, out of 154 total.
- It is very difficult to... (BG)
- It is very difficult to... (Conversations 1968 - 1973)
- It is very difficult to... (Conversations 1974 - 1975)
- It is very difficult to... (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- It is very difficult to... (Lectures, BG)
- It is very difficult to... (Lectures, Other)
- It is very difficult to... (Lectures, SB cantos 1 - 3)
- It is very difficult to... (Lectures, SB cantos 4 - 12)
- It is very difficult to... (Letters)
- It is very difficult to... (Other Books)
- It is very difficult to... (SB cantos 1 - 4)
- It is very difficult to... (SB cantos 5 - 12)
- According to Prahlada Maharaja, the material home is compared to a blind well. If a man falls down into a blind well, it is very difficult to get out of it and begin life again
- Actually it is very difficult to ascertain the number of universes. Every universe has its separate Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, who are known as permanent governors. Therefore there is also no counting them
- Actually, it is very difficult to control the mind. So artificially, by controlling the breathing system, there is the process, but still, it is difficult
- After engaging for ten thousand years in performing different types of devotional service, Kardama Muni attained perfection of meditation, but that is not possible in this age of Kali, wherein it is very difficult to live for as much as one hundred years
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, it is very difficult for even great mystic yogis and demigods to ascertain Your movements or approach You (Krsna), yet out of Your causeless mercy You have kindly consented to come to my home"
- All descriptions of the child's bodily situation in the womb of the mother are beyond our conception. It is very difficult to remain in such a position, but still the child has to remain
- All these inauspicious days & nights are not passing, for I have not met You. It is difficult to know how to pass all this time. But You are the friend of the helpless & an ocean of mercy. Kindly give Me Your audience, for I am in a precarious position
- Although it is very difficult to raise such creatures to spiritual understanding, Lord Siva takes charge of them, and therefore, as stated in the Vedas, Lord Siva is all-auspicious. Thus by his association even such fallen souls can be elevated
- Anyone may chant the Hare Krsna mantra, without consideration of the time and place. Especially in this age, Kali-yuga, it is very difficult to find a suitable place according to the recommendations of Bhagavad-gita
- Argumentative attitude is against the Vedic principles, and it is very difficult for one who adopts it to understand that the holy name of Krsna is as good as Krsna Himself
- As for good qualities, it is very difficult to find anyone in state administration with any good qualities. The administrators simply sit in their administrative posts and say no to every request, as if they were paid to say no to the citizens
- At present, in the age of Kali, it is very difficult to render service to the brahmana-kula, or the brahmana class. The difficulty, according to the Varaha Purana, is that demons, taking advantage of Kali-yuga, have taken birth in brahmana families
- At the present moment those who belong to the Visnu Svami-sampradaya of Vaisnavas come from Rudra, Lord Siva. To become a devotee of Lord Krsna, Vasudeva, is very, very difficult. The word especially used in this connection is duraradhyam
- Because Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, it is very difficult to approach Him. But the devotees, taking advantage of His compassionate nature, which is represented by Radharani, always pray to Radharani for Krsna's compassion
- Because this world is all full of fools, so it is very difficult to push on. That we know. Therefore we should not go to the mudhas
- Because we are covered by the fog in so many ways, and it is very difficult to drive away. But you keep yourself in Krsna consciousness, it will be driven away. It will be driven away. There is no doubt about it
- BG confirms the purpose of Vedic knowledge is to find Krsna. Brahma-samhita says it is very difficult to find Krsna, the S.P. of Godhead, by systematic reading of the Vedic literature. But He is very easily available through the mercy of a pure devotee
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "It is very difficult to conquer the tongue in this world, but You, dear Krsna, are very kind to us. You have sent this nice prasada to help us conquer the tongue"
- Especially in this age, Kali-yuga, it is very difficult to find a suitable place according to the recommendations of Bhagavad-gita. The Hare Krsna maha-mantra, however, may be chanted at any place and any time, and this will bring results very quickly
- Even though the Indian Hindus are very much inclined in my favor, so far I have experience it is very difficult to turn them into pure devotees
- Everyone is violating this first commandment, what to speak of other commandments. Everyone. So it is very difficult to find a real Christian
- For a common man, it is very difficult to remember things as they are at the time of death, but by the grace of the Lord and His bona fide devotees, the spiritual masters, one can get this opportunity without difficulty
- For a man in the practical world who has to fight so many opposing elements, it is certainly very difficult to control the mind. BG 1972 purports
- For human intelligence it is very difficult to conceive how the whole creation rests on His (the Lord's) expansion of energy, but the Lord has given a very good example in the Bhagavad-gita
- For one who is too much attached to this material world, it is very difficult to cut that attachment, but if he takes to Krsna consciousness, there is a chance of gradually becoming detached. BG 1972 purports
- For others, who are miscreants, you have destined different kinds of hells which are horrible and ghastly. Yet sometimes it is found that their destinations are just the opposite. It is very difficult to ascertain the cause of this
- For those who are sinful, atheistic, foolish and deceitful, it is very difficult to transcend the duality of desire and hate. BG 1972 purports
- For you especially, who always remain within the palace, it's very difficult to associate with a great personality. Dear friend, most gentle one, would you kindly explain how it was possible for you to hear Narada? Kindly dispel our doubts in this regard
- Formerly husband and wife used to live together peacefully throughout their whole lives, but nowadays it is a very difficult task
- He (Krsna) is present just like an ordinary human boy, but for persons who identify themselves with the body, it is very difficult to understand Him
- He (Krsna) strictly followed the relationship between husband and wife required in ordinary homes. Therefore, it is very difficult to understand the characteristics of the Supreme Brahman, the Personality of Godhead
- He (the living entity) has no opportunity to get out of the control of material nature because it has already conditioned him. In Bhagavad-gita it is also stated that it is very difficult to get out of the clutches of material nature
- I (Radharani) know that once one begins to talk about Krsna, it is very difficult to stop, and I admit that I have insufficient strength to give up talking about Him
- If the common people are not receptive, it is very difficult to impress upon them the necessity of spiritual enlightenment
- In his commentary to this verse (SB 6.4.27-28), Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura uses the word durvijneyam, which means "very difficult to realize." The pure stage of existence is described in Bhagavad-gita in BG 7.28
- In India every Hindu, even those not belonging to the Vaisnava group, take special care of the tulasi tree. Even in great cities where it is very difficult to keep a tulasi tree, people are to be found very carefully keeping this plant
- In our dealings, there are so many faulty dealings between ourselves. So if we take everything very seriously, then it is very difficult to live. So ksama means forgiveness - will reduce
- In this age it is very difficult to find qualified brahmanas who can perform sacrifices as prescribed in the Vedas
- In this age it is very difficult to find such a head of state who is expert in killing the undesirables. Modern heads of state sit very nicely in their palaces and try without reason to kill innocent persons
- In this age it is very difficult to follow thoroughly the regulative principles and studies of the Vedas which were formerly recommended
- In this age it is very difficult to perform all those rituals. First thing, it is very difficult to obtain all the ingredients for sacrificing method. And people are not very well to do. They cannot secure also
- In this Age of Kali it is very difficult to collect the different articles required for offering sacrifices. People have neither the means to collect the required paraphernalia nor the necessary knowledge or tendency to offer such sacrifices
- In this age, however, since the system of varnasrama-dharma is topsy-turvy, it is very difficult to strictly follow all the principles. The only method for becoming perfect in life is to develop Krsna consciousness
- It is difficult for the nondevotee to understand the taste of devotional service. Only one who has completely taken shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna and whose life is merged in the ocean of devotional service can understand this transcendental pleasure
- It is impossible to obtain the mercy of the Lord by any means but bhakti-yoga. The word duraradhya is especially significant. It is very difficult to attain the lotus feet of the Lord by any method other than bhakti-yoga
- It is said of Lord Caitanya in Caitanya-caritamrta: "Krsna is now present in His five diverse manifestations." Unless one is situated in uncontaminated goodness, it is very difficult to understand Caitanya as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- It is very difficult for a person who is too materially affected to understand the personal nature. BG 1972 purports
- It is very difficult for one to attain the ultimate goal of life and reach the supreme destination, Vaikunthaloka or Goloka Vrndavana, simply by studying Vedanta philosophy or Vedic literature
- It is very difficult to achieve the spiritual abode of Hari, in the Vaikuntha planets, but you are so fortunate that you are already destined to go to that abode by worshiping Him as the supreme abode of all living entities
- It is very difficult to ascertain the particular miscreant who has caused our sufferings, because we are bewildered by all the different opinions of theoretical philosophers
- It is very difficult to ascertain which exigency is the cause of the other, but we can describe this process of reciprocity as the wheel of work. And to travel all over the universe is to circumambulate the wheel of work
- It is very difficult to assimilate this truth of the oneness between the potent and the potency. The philosophy of inconceivable oneness and difference propounded by Lord Caitanya is the only source of understanding
- It is very difficult to bring one to the brahminical culture, to the ksatriya culture, to the vaisya culture, because everything is finished, and it will be finished more and more. Therefore the only saving platform is this harer nama
- It is very difficult to conceive that the Lord can be simultaneously localized and all-pervasive, because the materialistic philosophers and scientists think of everything in terms of their own experience
- It is very difficult to find a few human beings who believe in the scriptures and the existence of God, or, for that matter, in proper behavior
- It is very difficult to find a few human beings who believe in the scriptures and the existence of God, or, for that matter, in proper behavior. Those who do believe in the value of these things are known as arya
- It is very difficult to find a man who perfectly understands the position of the soul, the Supersoul, the atomic soul, their respective functions, relationships and all other major and minor details. BG 1972 purports
- It is very difficult to find out the real path how to realize perfection of life, but it is advised that if you simply follow the footsteps of the great personalities, authorities, or their representatives, then you will be led to the perfectional stage
- It is very difficult to find out Vaisnava directions from the book of Gopala Bhatta Gosvami
- It is very difficult to find the origin of the cosmic manifestation; therefore material scientists conclude that nature is the ultimate cause of all manifestations
- It is very difficult to get out of the clutches of material nature. Devahuti poses the question that although one may speculate in many ways, where is liberation as long as one is under the spell of material nature
- It is very difficult to give up lust and the desires for low activities until one is in the line of devotional service to the Lord
- It is very difficult to give up material opulence, land, children, society, friends, riches, wife or the blessings of the goddess of fortune, which are desired even by great demigods
- It is very difficult to rule citizens in a kingdom without organizing this varnasrama-dharma
- It is very difficult to satisfy a woman by a person who has no good income, neither very good health. The woman as a class wants sufficient means to eat, and decorate and at the same time full satisfaction of sex
- It is very difficult to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but in my case, although I (Dhruva) have satisfied the Supersoul of the whole universe, I have prayed only for useless things
- It is very difficult to understand Krsna, but if one tries to understand Srimad-Bhagavatam through Caitanya Mahaprabhu's bhakti cult, one will undoubtedly understand Krsna very easily
- It is very difficult to understand Krsna, but if one tries to understand Srimad-Bhagavatam through Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s bhakti cult, one will undoubtedly understand Krsna very easily
- It is very difficult to understand that our movement is spiritual movement, and they do not understand what is spiritual, the whole world. That is the defect
- It is very difficult to understand the personal feature of the Absolute Truth, even from the Vedas
- It is very difficult to understand the science of Krsna, what to speak of developing love of Godhead
- It is very difficult to understand the secret of Krsna consciousness, but one who advances by the instruction of the previous acaryas and follows in the footsteps of his predecessors in the line of disciplic succession will have success. Others will not
- It is very difficult to.... Sarva-dharman - everything to give up, except Krsna. They are proud if they are little rich. And America is very proud. They are trying to accumulate money, and we are trying.... We say, "Give up this nonsense"
- It was compulsory for everyone to go to the tapo-vana to fully accept the shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for it is very difficult to retire from family life and at the same time remain at home
- It was very difficult to find out a criminal. Because these four things were forbidden. What is that? No illicit sex, no intoxication, no gambling, no meat-eating. So if one follows these four principles, naturally he is sinless automatically
- It's not our business to convert the Christians to become Hindus, as all other missionaries, they are doing. They are trying to increasing the number of Christian or Hindus. So our... There is no question of increasing. It is very difficult to accept
- Kings are not only grhasthas, who are generally absorbed in sense gratification, but are sometimes employed to kill animals in hunting because they have to practice the killing art, otherwise it is very difficult for them to fight their enemies
- Krsna is available through His confidential devotee. Not that if anyone has studied very nicely all Vedic literatures he'll understand Krsna. No. Maybe, but it is very difficult. Krsna can be delivered by His devotee, atma-bhaktau
- Lord Brahma confirms. Vedesu durlabham: "It is very difficult to understand the Supreme Lord simply through one’s studies." Adurlabham atma-bhaktau: "However, it is very easy for the devotees to capture the Lord"
- Lord Brahma's duration of life is so long that it is difficult to estimate even the duration of one day in his life, and yet Lord Brahma also dies, as do the residents of his planet
- Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared when Prahlada was excessively harassed by his asuric father. Because of such asuric fathers - that is, the ruling politicians - it is very difficult to press forward the Hare Krsna movement
- Maya is so strong that the Lord says that it is very difficult to surmount her influence. But one can do so very easily if he surrenders unto Me - the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Mucukunda continued, "It is therefore very difficult to get out of material entanglement, but if one is somehow or other favored by You, by Your mercy alone he is given the opportunity to associate with a pure devotee"
- My dear King, it is very difficult to describe the character of Prahlada. He developed a natural attraction for Krsna, and whatever I can explain about his character will simply be an arrangement of words; his actual character is impossible to describe
- Nobody requires any lamp to see the sun. Everyone can see. But if it is covered by the cloud, it is very difficult to see. So this Mayavada interpretation is, explanation, means covering the real meaning. That's all
- Now you have decided to undertake the mystic process of meditation under the instruction of your mother, just to achieve the mercy of the Lord, but in my opinion such austerities are not possible for any ordinary man. It's difficult to satisfy the SPG
- O mighty-armed son of Kunti, it is undoubtedly very difficult to curb the restless mind, but it is possible by suitable practice and by detachment
- One cannot bear the so much burden. Still he's loaded with so much burden. That is klisyamananam. If you, if you can bear some load, that's all right. But if you cannot, if it is overloaded, then it is very difficult to go on
- One girl said to another, "My dear friend, it is very difficult to guess what kind of pious activities these queens have performed, for they are always enjoying the smiling face and loving glances of Krsna"
- One may search for Krsna, the S. P. of Godhead, through the pages of the Vedas and Upanisads, but it is difficult to find Him there. However, one who is fortunate enough to associate with a devotee can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face
- One side it is very difficult to understand. But at the same time, it is very easy to prosecute this Krsna consciousness. It is very easy because we are recommending that "Simply chant Hare Krsna. You'll get the greatest perfection," they cannot believe
- One who is trying to concentrate his mind on the imperson, or voidness, it is very difficult and troublesome
- Our heart is filled up with all dirty things, adharma. And it is very difficult to purify the heart, but it is possible, tad api. Even the hard-hearted, stone-hearted, rajo-guna, tamo-guna, can be melted, can be reformed
- Sanskrit is very nice language. From one verbal root, you can manufacture many words; therefore it is difficult to make Sanskrit dictionary. It is very difficult. The so-called Sanskrit dictionaries available in the market, you won't find all the words
- Since Lord Siva does not incarnate himself unless there is some special reason, it is very difficult for an ordinary person to contact him. Lord Siva does descend on a special occasion when he is ordered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Spiritual feelings of happiness and intense ecstasies have no mundane comparison. Therefore it is very difficult to give expression to such feelings. We can just have a glimpse of such ecstasy in the words of Sri Narada Muni
- Sri Vidura inquired: My dear brahmana, the abode of the Lord is very difficult to attain. It can be attained only by pure devotional service, which alone pleases the most affectionate, merciful Lord
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "All of them (the demons) are very strong, so it is very difficult to approach this place. Dear brothers, You are the only persons who can kill such demons. Other than You, no one can go there for fear of being killed"
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Some have fallen down, & some are very ripe even in the trees. It is a very nice place, but because of a great demon, Dhenukasura, it is very difficult to go there. No one can reach the trees to collect the fruits"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "It is very difficult to actually understand Krsna - His name, His qualities, His form, His pastimes, His paraphernalia and His entourage"
- Sripada Sankaracarya's followers do not accept Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for it is very difficult to know Krsna, even though one has transcendental realization of impersonal Brahman. BG 1972 purports
- The Bhattacarya replied, "All that you have heard is true, but as far as an interview is concerned, it is very difficult to arrange"
- The Brahma-samhita says that it is very difficult to understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead from the Vedas, but He is easily understood from a pure devotee like Uddhava
- The disciple or conditioned soul is put into this darkest region of ignorance and therefore is entangled in the material existence of sense gratification. It is very difficult to get out of this entanglement and attain freedom
- The great sage Vidura continued: O best of the brahmanas, it is very difficult for living entities encaged within this material body to have personal contact with Lord Siva
- The impersonal conception of the Supreme is so detrimental to the path of devotional service that it is very difficult to associate with the stubborn nondevotees, who always think in terms of material conceptions
- The impersonalists are frustrated in their attempts to make the mind void by artificial meditation. It is very difficult to void the mind of all material conceptions
- The Lord does not have a material body, yet He descends among human beings in His transcendental body as an incarnation. Therefore it is very difficult for us to understand who is an incarnation
- The master of the treasury, Kuvera, said: O sinless son of a ksatriya, I am very glad to know that under the instruction of your grandfather you have given up your enmity, although it is very difficult to avoid. I am very pleased with you
- The ocean is wide and expansive, and it is very difficult to measure its length and breadth; similarly, Prthu Maharaja was so deep and grave that no one could fathom his purposes
- The other gopi continued, "We all know these things, but it is very difficult for us to give up the expectation of Krsna's coming back"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, it is very difficult to achieve perfect knowledge of the Absolute Truth. Your Lordship is so kind to the fallen souls that You appear in different incarnations and execute different activities"
- The personified vedas continued, "The perfection of human life is based on knowledge and renunciation, but it is very difficult to attempt to reach the stage of knowledge and renunciation while in family life"
- The Vedas personified, prayed to the Lord as follows, "My dear Lord, it is very difficult to understand spiritual knowledge. Your appearance here just as You are, is to explain to us this most difficult subject of knowledge of the spirit"
- The waves of a river flow incessantly, and it is very difficult to stop them. Similarly, the waves of desire for material enjoyment are so strong that they cannot be stopped by any process other than bhakti-yoga
- The word rasa, used in the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, is understood by different persons differently because the exact English equivalent is very difficult to find
- There are many gurus. They are very expert in plundering disciples' money, but it is very difficult to find out a guru who can take out all the anxieties of the disciple
- There are multifarious branches and subbranches of Advaita Acarya. It is very difficult to enumerate them fully. I have simply given a glimpse of the whole trunk and its branches and subbranches
- They (the Krsna conscious men who have no faith) may become engaged, but because they haven't complete conviction and faith, it is very difficult for them to continue in Krsna consciousness. BG 1972 purports
- This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it. BG 7.14 - 1972
- This mutual exchange of attraction is known as manobhava, or Cupid. Krsna's mind and My mind have merged together. Now, during this time of separation, it is very difficult to explain these loving affairs
- Those who are devotees of the Narayana expansion of Krsna attain the Vaikuntha planets, but it is very difficult to reach Goloka Vrndavana. Indeed, that planet can be reached only by persons who are devotees of Lord Caitanya or Lord Sri Krsna
- Those who take shelter under the lotus feet of the Lord can completely throw off all such miseries without difficulty. Others, who are engaged in transcendental activities in different ways, cannot do so. For them it is very difficult
- Thus (when one's mind is polluted, it is very difficult to remember Krsna, and when remembrance of Lord Krsna is hampered, one's life is unproductive) one becomes unpopular in the eyes of the people in general, for this damages his religiosity and fame
- Vasudeva continued: My dear friend (Nanda), it is very difficult for us to live together. Although we have our family and relatives, sons and daughters, by nature’s way we are generally separated from one another
- Vasudeva thought: Even if a son is born and I deliver him to Kamsa, Kamsa may die at his hands, for by providence anything could happen. It is very difficult to understand how things are managed by providence
- We are soliciting, "Please come here in this Hare Krsna Land and just become a brahmana-vaisnava, and we shall try to serve you by giving you good place," but nobody is coming. Therefore it is very difficult to revive the old varnasrama-dharma culture
- We may be successful to a certain extent but in this age it is very difficult to practice such things. Nobody can practice how to control the senses from the sense object
- When a man dies, he is generally overpowered by mucus and bile, and thus he chokes. Since it is very difficult to vibrate any sound while choking, it is simply by Krsna's grace that one can chant Hare Krsna at the time of death
- When one catches some disease, it is often very difficult to ascertain the cause of the disease, where it originated and how it is maturing. The suffering of a disease, however, does not appear all of a sudden. It actually takes time
- When one's mind is polluted, it is very difficult to remember Krsna, and when remembrance of Lord Krsna is hampered, one's life is unproductive
- When the Lord heard that his name was Caitanya dasa, He said, "What kind of name have you given him? It is very difficult to understand"
- Without cleansing the heart it is very difficult to understand and receive spiritual knowledge. All these reformatory measures - brahmacari, grhastha, vanaprastha - they are simply the cleansing method
- You (Prthu) already have an inclination to glorify the lotus feet of the SPG. Such attachment is very difficult to achieve, but when one has attained such unflinching faith in the Lord, it automatically cleanses lusty desires from the core of the heart
- You particularly desired to achieve My association. This is very difficult to obtain for others, but I award it unto you