Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Yoga
Pages in category "Questions On... Yoga"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- Before one has success, the kundalini must be opened. What do you think about this?
- But can't we bring chanting of japa into it? Mantra Yoga (regarding the starting up of yoga courses for tourists in Vrndavana and Bombay)
- But he has to be yogi at that time, isn't it?
- But it (prapatti or surrender) is not yoga. It is different from yoga?
- Do you think that the great mystics down the ages have actually seen this spark?
- Does karma-yoga mean to follow exactly the sastras?
- Does one become elevated by following the karma-yoga principles only?
- Don't you think that by denying raja and jnana and some of the other yogas that you're denying the infinite aspect of mankind? Don't you think that by asserting bhakti-yoga as the only way that you're saying that...?
- If a yogi does attain a Vaikuntha planet, but by his constitutional nature he is meant to be associated with Krsna in Goloka...
- If that yogi quits his body in that condition (tad-gatena manasa pasyanti yam yogina), does he attain a Vaikuntha planet?
- If the scientists of the world become little bit directed and they use their science to glorify Krsna, then they're actually practicing yoga?
- In the past, when there were men who practiced yoga, concentration on Krsna within the heart, when they perfected this were they rendering devotional service?
- Is (the aim of yoga) to realize God?
- Is chanting Hare Krsna such a yogic process for realizing this (not only in my heart, God is also within the atom. So this is the first information. And then, by yogic process you have to realize it. Paramatma realization) ?
- Is it (bhakti) the same thing with hatha-yoga?
- Is it possible to train the body through the use of yoga to decrease the sleep period down to about three hours or two hours?
- Is it to be understood that once the yogi sees the Narayana Form, his desires for travel and material perfections cease? (as did the desires of Dhruva Maharaja) Or do the yogis still persist in desiring to do wonders even after seeing Narayana Form?
- Is that what you're trying to do in your movement?
- Is the samadhi which is the perfection of this eightfold yoga system the same as the samadhi of bhakti-yoga?
- Is yoga part of meditation?
- Isn't that the same thing as jnana-yoga (wiping away all understanding and knowledge and beginning from the objects themselves, and reducing from those things, the essence of those things, to the truth)?
- It mentions dhyana and raja-yoga in that chapter (sixth chapter of Bhagavad-gita). Can you explain the meaning of these two yogas?
- So how can it be that the karmi, who is after some material benefit, if he approaches Krsna, he can be better off than the jnani?
- So if we have time we can do that (yogasana)?
- Some yogis harness energies and claim to use these energies to benefit humanity. Is there any value in their work? Is there any real consequence?
- Srila Prabhupada, I was going to ask is there any difference between acintya-sakti and mystic yoga power?
- Stop breathing or lengthen it (by the yogic process they increase the duration of life because they stop breathing)?
- Suppose this yogi, he has not got full knowledge, he does not know of Krsna, and therefore he is meditating on Paramatma, and he attains Vaikuntha. Is it possible that because he hadn't got full knowledge...?
- Swamiji, how different is this Chapter Six different from the Patanjali's yoga-sastra and the raja-yoga?
- That is a yogic process?
- The question is suppose this yogi, he has not got full knowledge, he does not know of Krsna, and therefore he is meditating on Paramatma, and he attains Vaikuntha. Is it possible that because he hadn't got full knowledge...
- The supreme living entity, he doesn't have to practice yogic power?
- They have accepted some of these gymnastic people as their guru. So they say, "Oh, our guruji is here. We have to go see our guruji," this, that. So how should we speak to them or how should we preach to them?
- This is your yoga, right?
- This laghima siddhi is also being attained by the material scientists?
- We have no guarantee what our next birth will be. But, say, can't mystic yogis who perfect certain mystical powers, do they have any guarantee of a human birth in their next life?
- What about jnana-yogis?
- What do you think of kundalini or raja-yoga?
- What does that mean, then, when the yogis withdraw their senses from the objects like it says like the tortoise withdraws his limbs within the shell? What does that refer to then?
- What does the yogi perceive when he cuts off the outer senses? What does he experience when he cuts off the outer senses?
- What I'm asking is how to bring the karma-yoga, the action, to transform the society, bring back into the...?
- What is the difference between karma-yoga and bhakti-yoga?
- What is the difference between karma-yoga and... or bhakti because they also (indistinct) Krsna?
- What is this yogic power? What does that mean?
- What is your opinion of yoga and Zen? Do you incorporate any of their principles? Such as meditation for example?
- What kind of yogic process must I do to find out, to feel this information, to feel the soul inside?
- When the living entity comes to the human platform, though he is conditioned, but still, by practice of yoga he can develop some of the powers which cannot be developed by other living entities, like for example, fish?
- Where do they do this (tantrika-yoga)?
- Where does Krsna fit into it? Where does Krsna fit into the yoga?
- Why are they trying to transcend material, transcend material nature? Who is doing these miracles?
- Why would they practice yoga at a time when everybody was pure already?
- With the siddhis... One who has attained all these siddhis, all these powers, do they harm humanity sometimes?
- Wouldn't it be handy, though, to be able to fly around without having to use airplanes? Couldn't a devotee utilize that?
- You say, in your essay, Super Consciousness, that the topmost is to see Narayana Form and take dictation. In short the question is, is it true that the yogi who is travelling to planets and performing siddhis - has never seen Narayana?
- You seem to be placing a lot of emphasis on books. Are you following any particular path of yoga, niyama-yoga...?
- You talk about different yogas reaching different platforms, like one the twenty-fifth, one the fiftieth, and one the eightieth. Does each one really reach the same point?