Questions On... ISKCON - Finances
Pages in category "Questions On... ISKCON - Finances"
The following 116 pages are in this category, out of 116 total.
- Because I inquired with him that whether it is not something to do with CIA, wherefrom your money comes?
- Before it can be printed, everything has to go through his hands because he is the chief translator. But at the present moment it's going so slowly. But one arrangement I proposed was to pay him some money?
- But encouraging (to give money to the temple) is not recommended?
- But how would you be able to carry out your educational or book publishing program if you did not have a financial backing?
- But if he's (indistinct), then where is he going to get the money for his food?
- Do you have any other source, like donations or something like that for your movement?
- Do you seek government help?
- Do you think I should set up a separate account for the records, so that all the profit is used for food distribution?
- Do you want to keep the checks or give them to him (Kirtanananda)?
- For eating (so we cannot pay more than five thousand (maintenance money for the devotees in ISKCON Vrndavana))?
- For food relief or... (there was supposed to be some man who was going to give five thousand or ten thousand rupees)?
- From 1965 to 1966 how did you manage? You didn't have any money with you
- Have they (the chief minister) done (given land in Kuruksetra) so?
- Have you asked the government for money? President Nixon?
- Have you wanted a businessman to come?
- He (Syamasundara) wants to give back some money?
- He does not speak krsna-katha, Prabhupada. So five thousand you have estimated for the Deities? For a month you have estimated last night five thousand?
- He's asking how does our sankirtana activities relate to God consciousness, the selling of books and collecting of donations?
- How are those supported (the forty centers in the United States)? Do they support themselves?
- How did you manage immediately after landing in USA?
- How do we finance our movement?
- How does Krsna support them (the forty centers in the United States)?… He mediates through physical things, does he?
- How much money?
- How would you be able to carry out your educational or book publishing program if you did not have a financial backing?
- I beg your pardon (that is Krsna consciousness)?… The way they support themselves?… Krsna supports?
- If a brahmacari decides to get married and then enters into married life, should he be encouraged to maintain that responsibility throughout his life?
- If a man says, "I am giving you this donation because it is a spiritual organization," but if the money is misused, does that man benefit?
- In America. The art pages? Everything? It will be more expensive because in India they print on cheap paper. If we use the same cheap paper, they'll still have to pay more because it has to be shipped back to India. But I can check
- In Denver here we have many businesses going on for you. We are going to them for laksmi in so many ways. How is it that this engages them, or does it engage them in Krsna's service? Do they make any benefit?
- In one week (the total of books was seven lakhs books in one week)? That would be hundred thousand dollars
- In other words, if they want to donate something, they donate. Is that how the magazine is published (we allow everyone, "Come on, chant. Take prasadam")?
- In regard to Hyderabad, can we ask Mahmsa to send an account of how he uses the money that you give him?
- In which way will it be most helpful, in giving money personally or inducing others to give money? He will give money?
- Is that all right with you (it is like tenant house (ISKCON Bombay). So whoever pays to your satisfaction, you give him for one day), Srila Prabhupada?
- Is that part of your income, to run a...(publishing house)?
- Is that why we made that hall, for making money (what is called? Village house. Hm? The hall is called? When one pays, marriage ceremony... For making some money you have made)?
- Jayapataka Maharaja wanted to know whether the money that I (Tamala Krsna) want to give him can be used for purchasing a projector rather than the land purchase
- Just by selling books or... You must receive gifts as well (in Los Angeles we collect about eight hundred dollars daily. I think it must be about twenty thousand dollars a day, through the society)?
- Just that one point. In my speaking to Ganesha's(?) also, even when we tell them we are bringing huge amounts of foreign exchange from abroad, they at once say, "But how do you get this money abroad?"
- Of what (so what do you think (so I went to Mathura and spoke to one farmer. He had a fairly big size cart and two strong bullocks, and he asked for a hundred rupees)?)?
- Oh, we can go on? How (no, without finance we can go on)?
- One of the things that people say is that the devotees are asking for donations, not just distributing books but asking for money, that that's a bother
- Plus interest of the... Of which money (they're not at all sorry about the price that they're paying. And it's a good income for our temple)?
- Prabhupada, what about in a case like myself. I'm a sannyasi, and I have a traveling sankirtana party. So can I handle that money?
- Prabhupada, what is the plan? To send money or books?
- Regarding $20,000 advanced to BTG account, you have asked seeking my instruction where to forward $5000 monthly check...
- Regarding your inquiry about returning the stipend to Dalmia
- Regarding your question about collecting...
- Regarding your question about keeping daily income and expenditure records...
- Sell them and engage there in Mombassa. ... You mean those plates and things, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should BBT America pay for our expenses in that Book Fair? It will cost about three thousand dollars. It's a very good preaching opportunity. They can pay?
- Should we use that four lakhs for printing?
- So I'll tell them our policy is changed. We don't keep any more money in fixed deposit because it's a losing bargain?
- So it's not more practical to earn money by preaching?
- So we should be careful from whom we accept charity?
- So where does most of your money come from?
- So you think State Bank of India is the best?
- Srila Prabhupada arrived in New York with only eight dollars? Forty dollars? How many dollars you had when you arrived in New York?
- Srila Prabhupada, could I ask one more question about the records?
- Srila Prabhupada, may I talk to you about Vrindavan Candra?
- Srila Prabhupada? Do you want us to give something towards repairing this Caitanya Mahaprabhu Mandir?... Any amount in particular that you want to be given?... There's some maximum amount?
- Srila Prabhupada? I had a question about the prasadam distribution money that I am hoping to get from the record sales... I would like to know if some of it can be used for distributing prasadam in America
- Swamiji, I would like to know, that I feel that your society, the Hare Krsna consciousness society, has a very, very stable economy and that it is self-sufficient in itself. Is that so?
- Swamiji, suppose one wants to become life member... They can't pay whole money in one charge. They want to pay in installments
- Swamiji, when there was discussion in Parliament about the fabulous money that the movement has, society has, then who provided the answers?
- Tamala Krsna's money can be used for that (Prepare grills for all the windows)?
- Ten lakhs. They can give the full amount?
- That (in India there's no other source of income besides the Life Membership. How they will maintain?) we can discuss afterwards?
- That last argument again? You're taking money?
- That's exactly what you had, two hundred dollars. You had saved that money very carefully?
- The difficulty is that in India there's no other source of income besides the Life Membership. How they will maintain?
- The Indians in Fiji will pay for the casting if we decide to cast in brass here?
- The one you've written, from the old Book Trust?
- The other day you were asking me about the wages, labor
- Then clothing is more? Clothing is more? Maintenance?
- These jeweled boxes should be given to Radha-Vrndavanacandra?
- They (Why not employ one man to manfacture tulasi beads?) have to live here as devotee?
- They still have to go out and ask occasionally (but those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form - to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have)?
- This all, advertisement (to take as a loan)?
- Twelve lakhs also in Delhi center only?
- We have, this temple has some daksina for you. How would you like me to do it? Today is Thursday. Would you like it in what form? Would you like us to invest it for you here, or give you the cash?
- We will need a harmonium. Should I wait till we get to India to purchase one?
- Well, It's because of these things (as far as possible we do not go even to the doctor), that they're wondering well then, what do we do with the money?
- Well, let's say someone gives the temple president some money, and he puts in an account with his name and the treasurer's name, and they both conspire and take the money. Then there's no...?
- Well, what happens to the rest of the money, though, that is collected in the streets?
- What can I suggest (the system of management will go on as it is now. There is no need of changing… A few deposits, which is allowing some pension to the members of my former family, may not be touched. That's all, two points. Hm? What do you think?)?
- What do these people do for a living? Only grow food? And did you need money?
- What is the budget of the movement in the United States annually? How much do you need to operate?
- What is the daily income here? They would be interested to know the daily income for their own selves, daily income for the book sales
- What is the harm of selling cloth, Prabhupada?
- What is the way you go about collecting money?
- What is the way you go about collecting money? Books are the only source of your... That means the devotees do not contribute to the... But do the devotees contribute in any way?
- When we use the word "God," it has cash value?
- Where did the money come from to print such lavish editions of your books?
- Where do you get these funds?
- Where does the money come from to print Godhead?
- Where is the profit? Into distributing more books (where the profit is going?)?
- Where it says that "by selling my books I am bringing foreign exchange," it's for India's development? ... Whether there should be any word that also signifies that we have local support also?
- Who has control of the money?
- Who provides you with money?
- Would he (your student) be paid to stay in that center?
- Would I have to give any financial support? So I wouldn't have to give any money at all?
- You expect him to pay that money back, or not necessarily?
- You have asked about where you will get the money for bookbinding equipment...
- You said that the purpose of the Bhaktivedanta Swami Charity Trust was for development of Gaura-mandala-bhumi. ... It should be just for Gaura-mandala-bhumi or general?
- You want me to give him the receipt?
- You'll be having certain industries for export also in Mayapur. Will they be manned by disciples, and if so, do you think that they would be in a much better position to look after these big gosalas and other things than, say, other, people would be?