chest | chested | chests
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Chest"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- A brahmanandi (impersonalist) said, "When shall I be able to see that supreme absolute Personality of Godhead who is eternal bliss and knowledge, and whose chest has become smeared with red kunkum powder by touching the breast of Rukmini"
- After this description, the Kazi showed his chest. Having heard him and seen the marks, all the people there accepted the wonderful incident
- All types of irreligion spring from the back of Brahma, whereas real religion, the devotional service of the Lord, is generated from the chest, the seat of Narayana
- Around the lower portion of His body, He wore a yellow silken garment. On His chest was the mark of Srivatsa, which always displays beauty. He carried a conchshell, lotus flower, disc and club, and He wore a garland of forest flowers and the Kaustubha gem
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard that Amogha was going to die, He immediately ran to him in great haste. Placing His hand on Amogha's chest, He spoke as follows
- As soon as they (the cowherd boys) saw Krsna coming toward them, they one after another embraced the son of Nanda and held Him to their chests. After this, they assembled all the calves under their charge and began to return home
- Besides these, there is the beauty of the Kaustubha-mani pearl, and on the dark chest of the Lord there are streaks named Srivatsa, which are signs of the goddess of fortune
- Bhisma was a stout and strong old man. The arrows were piercing his body only. They did not go all the way through. The arrows piercing his back were supporting his body and there were many arrows piercing his chest. There were no arrows in his head
- Generated thereafter from the great ocean were the celebrated gems Kaustubha-mani and Padmaraga-mani. Lord Visnu, to decorate His chest, desired to possess them. Generated next was the parijata flower, which decorates the celestial planets
- Good, or piety, that is God's frontage, and evil means God's back side. So taking this example, the chest or the back of my body, they are equal
- He (Agnidhra) addressed her (Purvacitti's) with the word dvija "O brahmana." Yet why should a dvija, a brahmana boy, have horns on his chest
- He (Krsna) dragged Kamsa from his seat to the wrestling dais and threw him down. Then Krsna at once straddled his chest and began to strike him over and over again. Simply from the strokes of Krsna's fist, Kamsa lost his vital force
- He (the expert yogi) should plug up the evacuating hole with the heel of the foot and then progressively move the life air on and on to six places: the navel, abdomen, heart, chest, palate, eyebrows and cerebral pit
- He (Vaisnava) first marks a tilaka temple on the abdomen, then on the chest, then between the collarbones, then on the forehead, and gradually he marks the top of the head, the brahma-randhra
- He wore bangles on His wrists, armlets on His arms, a helmet on His head, a belt on His waist, a sacred thread across His chest, and ankle bells decorating His lotus feet
- His (Maha-Visnu) neck was decorated with the Kaustubha jewel, and His chest was marked with the symbol of Srivatsa, which means “the resting place of the goddess of fortune.”
- His (Sukadeva) collarbone was fleshy, his chest broad and thick, his navel deep and his abdomen beautifully striped. His arms were long, and curly hair was strewn over his beautiful face. He was naked, and the hue of his body reflected that of Lord Krsna
- His face is decorated with tilaka made from kasturi (musk), and His broad chest is decorated with a garland of gunja (small conchshells). His complexion is as white as an autumn cloud, He wears garments of blue color, and His voice is very grave
- His glittering earrings, shining helmet, bangles, garland, ankle bells, waist belt and various other bodily ornaments combine with conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower to increase the natural beauty of the Kaustubha pearl on His chest
- His heart was so filled with great love for the deer that he would sometimes keep it on his lap or, when sleeping, on his chest. In this way he felt great pleasure in fondling the animal
- How can You be purified, therefore, by the dust of the path traversed by the brahmanas, and how can You be glorified or made fortunate by the marks of Srivatsa on Your chest?
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- I have got some seed of bhakti, and I keep it in the iron chest. No. You must make cultivation of bhakti-bija
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, Lord Nrsimhadeva. You are the giver of pleasure to Maharaja Prahlada, and Your nails cut the chest of Hiranyakasipu like a chisel cutting stone
- In the same way, the yogi should concentrate his mind on the Lord's nipples, which resemble a pair of most exquisite emeralds and which appear whitish because of the rays of the milk-white pearl necklaces adorning His chest
- In this verse (SB 5.5.20) the word hrdaya indicates the heart, which is also called urah, the chest
- In Vaikuntha, whenever there is a flower garland on the chest of the Personality of Godhead or any one of His associates, it is described that the humming bees are there
- King Bali was feeling such transcendental pleasure that he repeatedly grasped the Lords’ lotus feet and kept them on his chest, and sometimes he put them on the top of his head
- Krsna saw that Paundraka carried an imitation Sarnga bow, and on his chest was a mock insignia of Srivatsa. His neck was decorated with a false Kaustubha jewel, and he wore a flower garland in exact imitation of Lord Vasudeva's
- Lord Brahma and Lord Siva saw the belt on the Lord's waist, the bangles on His arms, the necklace on His chest, and the ankle bells on His legs
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then put His hand on the chest of Gopala and told him, "My dear Gopala, get up and chant the holy name of the Lord!"
- Lord Rsabhadeva's hands, feet and chest were very long. His shoulders, face and limbs were all very delicate and symmetrically proportioned
- Material desires, when unsatiated, generate anger, and thus the mind, eyes and chest become agitated
- Material desires, when unsatiated, generate anger, and thus the mind, eyes and chest become agitated. Therefore, one must practice to control them before one gives up this material body. BG 1972 purports
- My dear King, on the heart of Lord Murari he saw religion; on the chest, both pleasing words and truthfulness; in the mind, the moon; on the bosom, the goddess of fortune, with a lotus flower in her hand; on the neck, all the Vedas & all sound vibrations
- No one in the material creation can say that he is free from them (threefold miseries). The trident of this material nature is pressed against everyone's chest, and because of this, pure happiness within this material world is not possible
- Now the demon is lying dead before us, his chest pierced by You. Let us therefore offer our respectful obeisances unto You, whose incarnation in this form of pure goodness is meant for the welfare of the entire universe
- On the forehead is the temple of Lord Kesava, on the belly is the temple of Lord Narayana, on the chest is the temple of Lord Madhava, and on the throat, between the two collarbones, is the temple of Lord Govinda
- On the upper chin of the sisumara is Agasti; on its lower chin, Yamaraja; on its mouth, Mars; on its genitals, Saturn; on the back of its neck, Jupiter; on its chest, the sun; and within the core of its heart, Narayana
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- Others may divide the whole planetary system into three divisions, namely the lower planetary systems on the legs (up to the earth), the middle planetary systems on the navel, the upper planetary systems (Svarloka) from the chest to the head of the S.P
- Others might have thought that He (Krsna) was in difficulty, but because the demon's chest was sufficiently broad to play on, the baby was happy in all respects
- She (Goddess Durga) wields the different weapons to chastise the demons. There is one famous picture of a demon struggling with a lion, and the Goddess Durga is pulling the demon's hair and pushing her trident against his chest
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told the Bhattacarya, "Your worshipable goddess of fortune, Laksmi, always remains on the chest of Narayana, and she is certainly the most chaste woman in the creation"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, having thus been praised by the SP, who bears the mark of Srivatsa on His chest, Lord Siva circumambulated Him. Then, after taking permission from Him, Lord Siva returned to his abode, Kailasa, along with his associates
- Taking His Kaumodaki club and moving very skillfully, Krsna struck Dantavakra's chest so fiercely that Dantavakra's heart split in twain
- The audience standing nearby saw that Jarasandha's body was now divided into two halves, so that each half had one leg, one thigh, one testicle, half a backbone, half a chest, one collarbone, one arm, one eye, one ear and half a face
- The chest of Maharaja Prthu was very broad, his waist was very thick, and his abdomen, wrinkled by lines of skin, resembled in construction a leaf of a banyan tree. His navel was coiled and deep, his thighs were of a golden hue, and his instep was arched
- The demon (Dhenukasura) appeared before Balarama and kicked His chest with his hind legs. At first Balarama did not say anything, but with great anger the demon kicked Him again more vehemently
- The demon fell flat from the sky, and Krsna was playing on his chest very happily, uninjured and free from misfortune
- The effulgent luminary planets like the sun and the moon are situated almost in the midplace of the universe, and as such they are to be known as the chest of the original gigantic form of the Lord
- The force of the club on Pradyumna's chest was very severe, and it appeared as though his chest had been torn asunder
- The goddess of fortune was generated from His chest, the inhabitants of Pitrloka from His shadow, religion from His bosom, and irreligion (the opposite of religion) from His back
- The gopis immediately picked Krsna up from the chest of the demon (Trnavarta) and delivered Him, free from all inauspiciousness, to mother Yasoda - SB 10.7.30
- The gorilla, being bereft of all trees and stone slabs, now stood before Balarama and waved his strong fists. Then, with great force, he began to beat Lord Balarama's chest with his fists. This time Lord Balarama became most angry
- The heart is situated within the chest, and although instrumentally the son is born with the aid of the genitals, he is actually born from within the heart
- The heart is the most important part of the body, whereas the back is the most neglected part. When one is attacked by an enemy one is apt to endure attacks from the back and protect himself carefully from all attacks on the chest
- The inhabitants of Nagaloka said: The most sinful Hiranyakasipu took away all the jewels on our hoods and all our beautiful wives. Now, since his chest has been pierced by Your nails, You are the source of all pleasure to our wives
- The meditative devotee should slowly push up the life air from the navel to the heart, from there to the chest and from there to the root of the palate. He should search out the proper places with intelligence
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: broadness in three places - the waist, the forehead, and the chest; shortness in three places - the neck, the thighs, and the genitals
- The Srivatsa mark is described by the Vaisnava-tosani as being a curl of fine yellow hair on the upper portion of the right side of Lord Visnu's chest
- The still higher planetary systems, occupied by the demigods and highly cultured sages and saints, are situated in the chest of the Supreme Lord
- The tilaka mark on the forehead is called Kesava, and on the stomach, breast and arms the other names are also given. These are the same names as those given the months
- The yoga system is a materialistic art of controlling this air by transferring it from the stomach to the navel, from the chest to the collarbone and from there to the eyeballs and from there to the cerebellum and from there to any desired planet
- The yogi should then imprint on his mind the neck of the Personality of Godhead, who is adored by the entire universe. The neck of the Lord serves to enhance the beauty of the Kaustubha gem, which hangs on His chest
- The yogi should then meditate on the chest of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the abode of goddess Maha-Laksmi. The Lord's chest is the source of all transcendental pleasure for the mind and full satisfaction for the eyes
- Their (the residents of Vaikuntha) chests are beautifully broad and fully decorated with necklaces of a brilliant diamondlike metal surrounded by costly jewels never to be found in the material world
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu placed His hand on the chest of Sri Gopala and said loudly, "Gopala, stand up"
- Then Virabhadra, the giantlike personality, sat on the chest of Daksa and tried to separate his head from his body with sharp weapons, but was unsuccessful
- There was a nice belt around Maha-Visnu's waist, and He wore a sacred thread across His broad chest. Bangles were on His hands, and armlets on the upper portion of His arms. He wore bells on His ankles
- When a person regains his life, naturally he becomes absorbed in pleasure and joyfulness. They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) each in turn pressed Krsna to their chests, and thus they felt a great relief
- When Bhimasena and Jarasandha were heavily striking each other with their clubs on different parts of their bodies - namely the shoulders, arms, collarbone, chest, thighs, waist and legs - their clubs were torn to pieces
- When Ravana was engaged in the battle, the trunk of the elephant which carried the King of heaven, Indra, broke in pieces, having collided with the chest of Ravana, and the scattered broken parts illuminated all directions
- When Sathi's mother, the Bhattacarya's wife, heard of this incident, she immediately began to strike her head and chest, saying again and again, "Let Sathi become a widow"
- When she saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demonic woman, Mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- When Yasoda saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demoniac woman, mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- While chanting the mantra (om namo narayanaya), beginning with the syllable om, one should touch his hands to eight parts of his body, starting with the feet & progressing systematically to the knees, thighs, abdomen, heart, chest, mouth & head
- While I was asleep, the lion jumped on my chest, laughing fiercely and gnashing His teeth