Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "God's Chest"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- A golden streak on His chest, the famous Kaustubha gem suspended from His neck, He stood in the air with His lotus feet placed on the shoulders of Garuda
- A yogi is advised to meditate on the form of Lord Visnu from point to point, from the ankles to the legs to the knees to the thighs to the chest to the neck, and in this way gradually up to the face and then to the ornaments
- He (Dhanvantari) was dressed in yellow garments and wore brightly polished earrings made of pearls. The tips of his hair were anointed with oil, and his chest was very broad
- He (Hiranyaksa) advanced toward the Lord and, roaring aloud, struck his hard fist against the Lord's broad chest, which bore the mark of Srivatsa
- He was dressed in yellow robes and wore earrings and a helmet on his head. He had four hands, and His chest was marked with the lines of the goddess of fortune
- His lotus feet are placed over the whorls of the lotuslike hearts of great mystics. On His chest is the Kaustubha jewel, engraved with a beautiful calf, and there are other jewels on His shoulders. His complete torso is garlanded with fresh flowers
- His neck was very short and thick, His chest broad, His waist thin, and the hairs on His body as white as the rays of the moon
- The black siliceous stone on which gold is rubbed to test its value always looks very beautiful, being streaked with gold lines. Yet the chest of the Lord excels even such a stone in its beauty
- The chest of the Lord is streaked with Srivatsa lines, the sign of the goddess of fortune
- The chest of the Original Personality of the gigantic form is the luminary planetary system, His neck is the Mahar planets, His mouth is the Janas planets, and His forehead is the Tapas planetary system
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) was enraged when his trident was cut to pieces by the discus of the Personality of Godhead. He therefore advanced toward the Lord and, roaring aloud, struck his hard fist against the Lord's broad chest
- The gem known as Kaustubha was also generated (during the churning of the ocean of milk), and Lord Visnu took that gem and placed it on His chest. Thereafter, a parijata flower and the Apsaras, the most beautiful women in the universe, were generated
- The Lord achieved the hand of mother Sita, who was equally as endowed with transcendental qualities of form, beauty, behavior, age and nature. Indeed, she was the goddess of fortune who constantly rests on the chest of the Lord
- The luster of the hosts of jewels fixed on the chest of the Lord can defeat even the luster of the sun, and still, when compared with the bodily luster of the Lord, that crest of jewels appears to be only as bright as one of the stars in the sky
- The necklace of pearls which decorates the upper portion of the Lord's body is also spiritual, and therefore the yogi is advised to gaze at the whitish luster of the pearls decorating His chest
- There are markings on the Chest and Feet of the Personality of Godhead. That is the distinction between Him and ordinary living entities. Just like in our palms there are certain marks for a particular person indicating his fame and fortune
- There are some special marks on the chest of Visnu by which in Vaikuntha He is known that He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Otherwise, in Vaikuntha, everyone has got the same feature like Visnu
- They (Bhuta-yogi, Sara-yogi and Bhranta-yogi) saw the lotus-eyed Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, mounted on Garuda and holding Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, to His chest