- Śrīmatī Viṣṇupriyā Devī
- second wife of Lord Caitanya
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Visnupriya"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- A so-called party of devotees named nadiya-nagari has sprung up and introduced the worship of Visnupriya. This certainly indicates their ignorance concerning Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes
- From Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.5.34): He (Caitanya) left His householder life, leaving aside His eternal consort, whom even the denizens of heaven adore. He went into the forest to deliver the fallen souls, who are put into illusion by material energy
- She (Visnupriyadevi) chanted her beads, and after finishing one round, she collected one grain of rice. In this way, as many rounds as she chanted, she would receive the same number of rice grains and then cook them and so take prasada
- Visnupriya was chanting her rounds on the beads and after one round she was collecting one grain of rice. In this way all day and night, as many rounds as she could finish, that many grains she would cook and eat