- Rohiṇī, (also called Pauravī)
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Rohini"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- According to the Vedic system, a woman whose husband is not at home does not dress herself very nicely. But although Rohini's husband was away, she still dressed herself very nicely on this occasion
- After Kamsa's wrestlers expressed their determination, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the killer of Madhu, confronted Canura, and Lord Balarama, the son of Rohini, confronted Mustika
- Although seeing her (Putana) within the room, Yasoda and Rohini, overwhelmed by her beauty, did not stop her, but remained silent because she treated the child (Krsna) like a mother - SB 10.6.9
- Always being anxious to protect the children and to execute their duties, they were not very tranquil. In a very short time, Krsna and Balarama began to stand up and slightly move on Their legs
- As described here (in SB 10.6.19), they (Mother Yasoda, Rohini and the other elderly gopis) knew how to wave about the switch of a cow so as to protect the child from all types of danger
- As explained in previous verses (of SB 10.2.8), Yogamaya was requested to attract Sankarsana, Baladeva, from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini, and this was a very heavy task for her
- As far as Kamsa's eight brothers were concerned, Balarama took charge of killing them. Balarama's mother, Rohini, although the wife of Vasudeva, was not the sister of Kamsa; therefore Balarama took charge of killing all of Kamsa's eight brothers
- As this transcendental affection continued between Rohini and Balarama and Yasoda and Krsna, they all enjoyed transcendental bliss
- At midnight, while Rohini was deeply sleeping, she experienced, as if in a dream, that she had undergone a miscarriage. After some time, when she awoke, she saw that this had indeed happened, and she was in great anxiety
- Baladeva was actually the son of Devaki, but He was transferred from Devaki's womb to that of Rohini. This fact was not disclosed
- Baladeva: He is the divine son of Vasudeva by his wife Rohini. He is also known as Rohini-nandana, the beloved son of Rohini
- Balarama was known as the son of Vasudeva because His mother, Rohini, was present there, but Nanda Maharaja did not know about Krsna
- Balarama was transferred to the womb of Rohini, Vasudeva's own wife, but Rohini was kept under the protection of Nanda Maharaja. Krsna was personally delivered to Yasoda and exchanged with her daughter
- Because her (Rohini's) husband was imprisoned by Kamsa, she was not very happy, but on the occasion of Krsna-janmastami, Nandotsava, when Nanda Maharaja gave dresses and ornaments to others, he also gave gorgeous garments and ornaments to Rohini
- Because the reality of these feelings (anxiety, crying etc.) is in the transcendental world, of which this world is only an imitation, mother Yasoda and Rohini enjoyed them transcendentally
- Because Vasudeva was so anxious about Krsna, he inquired about the safety of His residence. He also inquired about Balarama and His mother, Rohini, who were entrusted to the care of Nanda Maharaja
- Both Balarama and Krsna began to crawl on Their hands and knees. When They were crawling like that, They pleased Their mothers. The bells tied to Their waist and ankles sounded fascinating, and They would move around very pleasingly
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Dear Queen Yasodadevi, you and Nanda Maharaja have been great friends to us, and when we remember you we are immediately overwhelmed by the thought of your friendly activities"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "The most noble personalities do not discriminate between their own sons and the sons of others, and there cannot be any personalities more noble than Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi)"
- Devaki, Pauravi, Rohini, Bhadra, Madira, Rocana, Ila and others were all wives of Anakadundubhi (Vasudeva). Among them all, Devaki was the chief
- He (Baladeva) was also entrusted to Nanda Maharaja along with His mother, Rohini, when Vasudeva embraced imprisonment by mutual agreement with Kamsa. So Nanda Maharaja is also the foster father of Baladeva along with Lord Krsna
- He (Balarama) was actually the seventh son of Devaki prior to the birth of Lord Krsna, but by the will of the Lord He was transferred to the womb of Rohini to escape the wrath of Kamsa
- He (Garga Muni) informed Nanda Maharaja that the son of Rohini would be very pleasing to His family members and relatives and therefore would be called Rama. In the future He would be extraordinarily strong and therefore would be called Baladeva
- He (the son of Rohini) will be called Rama because of His ability to please all the inhabitants of Gokula, and He will be known as Balabhadra because of His extensive physical strength - SB 10.2.13
- Here (in SB 10.1.8) is a question particularly directed at understanding Balarama, who is Sankarsana Himself. Balarama is well known as the son of Rohini, yet it is also known that He was the son of Devaki
- Here (in SB 10.6.9), of course, the two mothers Rohini and Yasoda were not maya-mohita, deluded by the external energy, but to develop the pastimes of the Lord, they were captivated by yogamaya. Such maya-moha is the action of yogamaya
- If Balarama was not transferred from one body to another, how is it possible that He was first in the womb of Devaki and then in the womb of Rohini? Kindly explain this to me - King Pariksit - SB 10.1.8
- In that very beautiful land (of Vraja), where many cows reside, Rohini, the wife of Vasudeva, is living at the home of Nanda Maharaja. Other wives of Vasudeva are also living there incognito because of fear of Kamsa. Please go there - SB 10.2.7
- In the beginning she (Putana) assumed the form of a very beautiful woman and approached Krsna exactly like an affectionate mother, so that mother Yasoda and Rohini did not doubt her sincerity
- In the Ninth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Sri Baladeva is described as the son of Rohini, a wife of Vasudeva
- It is said: Krsna appeared in the womb of Devaki after transferring Baladeva to the womb of Rohini by the power of Yogamaya
- My (Vasudeva's) son Baladeva, being raised by you (Nanda Maharaja) and your wife, Yasodadevi, considers you His father and mother. Is He living very peacefully in your home with His real mother, Rohini? - SB 10.5.27
- My dear Sukadeva Gosvami, you have already explained that Sankarsana, who belongs to the second quadruple, appeared as the son of Rohini named Balarama - SB 10.1.8
- Rohini is under the direct supervision of Brahma, who is born of Visnu, and it appears at the birth of Lord Visnu, who in fact is birthless
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen Draupadi, please take it from us that we are not after any opulence such as a kingdom, an empire or a position of heavenly enjoyment"
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, we wish to remain as such life after life, without any other desire"
- Rohini said, "We do not want to enjoy such material opulences, nor do we desire to achieve the yogic perfections, nor the exalted post of Lord Brahma
- Rohini, another wife of Vasudeva's, was also kept under the care of Nanda Maharaja with her son Baladeva
- The calves, being disturbed, would immediately begin running here and there, and the children would be dragged over clay and cow dung. To see this fun, Yasoda and Rohini would call all their neighborhood friends, the gopis
- The Fifth Chapter describes the truth of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, who is none other than Balarama, the son of Rohini
- The first plenary expansion of Krsna is Baladeva, also known as Sesa. The Sesa incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead supports the entire universe, and the eternal mother of this incarnation is mother Rohini
- The most fortunate Rohini, the mother of Baladeva, was honored by Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, and thus she also dressed gorgeously and decorated herself with a necklace, a garland and other ornaments - SB 10.5.17
- The real story of what happened after Yogamaya attracted the child of Devaki into the womb of Rohini in the seventh month of Rohini's pregnancy is described as follows in the Hari-vamsa
- The son of Rohini will also be celebrated as Sankarsana because of being sent from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini - SB 10.2.13
- The whole neighborhood proceeded immediately towards the place where the accident took place, and Rohinidevi took the opportunity to rebuke Mother Yasoda as follows
- Thereafter (after the gigantic body of Putana fell to the ground), mother Yasoda and Rohini, along with the other elderly gopis, waved about the switch of a cow to give full protection to the child Sri Krsna - SB 10.6.19
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were actually smeared with saffron and sandalwood pulp by Their mothers, but due to crawling over muddy clay, They would simultaneously smear Their bodies with clay
- This (How could Baladeva be the son of both Devaki and Rohini?) was one of the questions put by Maharaja Pariksit to Sukadeva Gosvami, and it will be answered in due course
- This expression of Rohinidevi's anger toward Yasoda is an example of ecstatic love in anger caused by Krsna
- Vasudeva, by the womb of his wife Rohini, begot sons such as Bala, Gada, Sarana, Durmada, Vipula, Dhruva, Krta and others
- Vasudeva, the father of Krsna, had sixteen wives, and one of them was Rohini, the mother of Baladeva. But Baladeva is also described as the son of Devaki, so how could He be the son of both Devaki and Rohini
- Very much pleased by the sound of other people's ankle bells, They (Krsna and Balarama) used to follow them as if going to Their mothers, but when They saw that these were other people, They became afraid and returned to Their real mothers - SB 10.8.22
- Wearing a garland, a necklace and other bodily ornaments, she (Rohini) appeared on the scene and moved hither and thither
- When mother Yasoda and Rohini were unable to protect the babies (Krsna & Balarama) from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws and teeth they were always in anxiety, & their household engagements were disturbed - SB 10.8.25
- When the child of Devaki was attracted and transferred into the womb of Rohini by Yogamaya, Devaki seemed to have a miscarriage. Thus all the inhabitants of the palace loudly lamented - Alas, Devaki has lost her child! - SB 10.2.15
- When the mothers (Yasoda and Rohini) saw small teeth coming in, they would count them and be happy, and when the babies (Krsna and Balarama) saw Their mothers allowing Them to drink their breast milk, the babies also felt transcendental pleasure
- When the time was mature for the appearance of the Lord, the constellations became very auspicious. The astrological influence of the constellation known as Rohini was also predominant because this constellation is considered very auspicious
- When They (Krsna and Balarama) went to Their mothers, both Yasoda and Rohini picked Them up with great affection, embraced Them and allowed Them to suck the milk flowing from their breasts - SB 10.8.23
- When Yasoda & Rohini were unable to protect the babies (Krsna & Rama) from calamities threatened by monkeys, dogs & cats, & by thorns, swords & other weapons on the ground, they were always in anxiety, & their household engagements were disturbed - SB 10
- When Yogamaya, the supreme power of the supremely powerful Personality of Godhead, transferred Lord Sesa from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini, both Devaki and Rohini were under Yogamaya's spell, which is called yoga-nidra
- While sucking the breast, the babies smiled, and Their (Krsna's and Balarama's) small teeth were visible. Their mothers (Yasoda and Rohini), upon seeing those beautiful teeth, enjoyed great transcendental bliss
- Within the womb of Devaki is My (Krsna's) partial plenary expansion known as Sankarsana or Sesa. Without difficulty, transfer Him into the womb of Rohini - SB 10.2.8
- Yogamaya naturally could not see how it was possible for her to attract Sankarsana (from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini). Therefore Krsna addressed her as subhe, auspicious, & said, "Be blessed. Take power from Me, & you will be able to do it"
- Yogamaya then informed her (Rohini), "O auspicious lady, your child is now being replaced. I am attracting a child from the womb of Devaki, and therefore your child will be known as Sankarsana"