Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Personalities From Vedic Scripture
Pages in category "Questions On... Personalities From Vedic Scripture"
The following 153 pages are in this category, out of 153 total.
- According to Krsna consciousness philosophy, the first living being was Brahma, and in the Christian Bible it says Adam was the first man. So he wants to know if in Krsna consciousness scriptures there is any mention of Adam
- Actually are devotees or how do they become demons? Are they devotees? Obviously Kaliya is... Just like Jaya and Vijaya, they were devotees. And due to some offense, then they became demons and they fought with Krsna to satisfy Krsna
- After King Pariksit, then it divided up (Bharata-varsa), that soon after?
- Among two of the incarnations, there is Kapila and Buddha. And Kapila is practically, finally, the classical Sankhya-ist atheist. How could it be?
- And your question about Bhisma deva, after he left this planet...
- Are Arjuna and Kunti Devi in Krishna Loka?
- Are disciplic successions from Brahma and from Arjuna different?
- Are the prajapatis responsible for propagating human species or all species of life?
- Are there different prajapatis for the different species?
- Arjuna had to fight in the war, didn't he? In the Bhagavad-gita, he still had to... But it didn't matter him killing if it was Krsna's responsibility?
- Arjuna was praised as Gudakesa?
- As a practical result of his (Arjuna followed the decision of Krsna, so there is value. He became victorious, he enjoyed the kingdom, and he became a famous devotee) activities?
- As Arjuna he (Nara-narayana) acts as an ordinary jiva?
- As for your questions you have asked for clarification in the KRSNA Book when Maha Visnu says to Krsna and Arjuna that you are my incarnations in my appearance as Nara-Narayana
- At the end of the Krsna Book, when Krsna and Arjuna visit Lord Visnu and Visnu calls them incarnations of Himself, that is because Krsna appeared through Ksirodakasayi Visnu?
- Because he (Arjuna in the beginning denied to fight, but he agreed to fight) was satisfied by his faith in Krsna?
- Both were the sons of Kasyapa... Kasyapa, gods and demons. By their behavior one sect became demons, no?
- But Arjuna got it due to guru, like Krsna means is it possible in this age if one has the right guru, a man, he can elevate himself?
- But it's the same with Arjuna, wasn't it (clear word is there, "Thou shalt not kill." And why they're maintaining so many slaughterhouses?)?
- Can Swamiji please explain how is it that Sanjaya is to Dhrtarastra and how it came to pass that Vyasadeva wrote the Bhagavad-gita?
- Can we hear a little bit from the Sankhya philosophy? Sankhya philosophy of Lord Kapiladeva? The creative elements
- Can you explain why Lord Krsna encourages Arjuna to fight his own blood?
- Cyavana and his followers (two heavenly physicians, asvini-kumaras made him very nice beautiful-looking young man by taking him to a certain lake, and they dipped down and all of them became fresh young men, beautiful, very beautiful)?
- Did Bhismadeva get wounded by arrows at the battle of Kuruksetra, or did he simply chose to leave his mortal body and thus lay down for passing on a bed of arrows?
- Did Krsna describe to Arjuna the disciplic succession?
- Did some time lapse between Vyasa's conception of the Srimad-Bhagavatam and the actual writing down of the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Was it passed orally, or was written down by Vyasa Krsna himself?
- Didn't Karna request Arjuna not to fight when he was lifting the chariot? Didn't Karna request Arjuna not to kill him?
- Do you know that story of Ekalavya?
- Do you mean that Siva is demigod?
- Does he (Lord Brahma) become a pure devotee? Otherwise how he can see Krsna and reveal Brahma-samhita? Also he's the head of our disciplic succession. How can he be the head of our disciplic succession if he's not a pure devotee?
- Does Lord Siva have a wife, like, a consort?
- He (Krsna) took the chariot wheel when Bhisma pitamaha was coming to Arjuna. Is that a fight?
- He (Maharaja Yayati) sent them (his two sons) there (to the European quarters) for conquering?
- He is still doing that (not staying anywhere more than three minutes)? Narada Muni?
- He loses all his self-control and he said, "I am going to throw myself in the fire. I have lost my son." Is that the action of a man who has heard God Himself speak to him?
- He took the chariot wheel when Bhisma pitamaha was coming to Arjuna. Is that a fight?
- He wants to know if you believe that the Virgin Mary who is the mother of Jesus is the same as Parvati
- He was citing the instance of the four Kumaras who were traveling through the gates of the Vaikuntha world, but actually they were not completely God-realized...
- How can anybody say (that Kunti is as good as Arjuna or Bhima)?
- How is it possible that Tulasi-devi is a pure devotee, what we might call a plant?
- How is it that after they (Devaki and Vasudeva) gave birth to Krsna this time they went back to Godhead?
- How is this (grhastha duties) connected with Vyasadeva and his situation?
- How was it possible for Ajamila to chant the name at the time of death?
- I heard a story, Visvamitra once he grew people from trees. Is that correct?
- I remember reading that Krsna told Arjuna he can go to the sun planet by worshiping Him. Why does He say that?
- I think there was one great personality - I forget his name - he was going to live as long as how many millions of years that he had hairs in his head. What is that story?
- I want to know whether the devotion of Hanuman was bhakti-yoga
- I was looking at the copy of the disciplic succession and where does Krsna instruct Arjuna? Where is the disciplic succession broken?
- I was thinking that Narada has actually an all-spiritual body, and Brahma has a material form, material body. And yet Narada appears to Brahmaji to ask questions from him as spiritual master. How is that?
- I was wondering is she (Tulasi devi) was alive in human form while Krsna was on earth?
- I would like to know what divine grace impart unto Arjuna so that he could visualize the cosmic form of the Lord?
- I've read some of the Upanisads where they say that atman is Brahman?
- If the devotee is fearless, how is it Prahlada was expressing his fearfulness of the material nature?
- In Chapter Four in Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is said that Arjuna was present at the speaking of Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god so many years ago. What position did he have there?
- In regard to Kardama Muni, how can a pure devotee become passionate for any amount of agitation?
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam you have said that... It's stated that Vyasadeva was afraid when Suta Gosvami was born that he would leave home because he was already a liberated soul
- In the Bhagavad-gita I think you have references such as Arjuna being told not to become attached to the fruit of his actions, but act. Can you give us some idea of the principles which would guide one's action while trying to develop Krsna consciousness?
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna tells Arjuna there's more than one method of attaining consciousness of Him, and those methods are suited to various types of people. I wonder if you consider that the chanting method is just one or whether it's the only one
- In the case of Jaya and Vijaya, who fell down and took the role of demons, after three births as demons, they were supposed to go back to the spiritual world. So after the three births in this universe, were the same pastimes going on in other universes?
- In the case of Maharaja Vena there was some recourse for the brahmanas. What can we do?
- Is Arjuna described in disciplic succession?
- Is Dharmaraja King Yudhisthira?
- Is it the same living soul, Arjuna, in each universe, or a different living being may be taking that position?
- Is it true Narada has the same body in the spiritual world and when he comes into the material world?
- Is not Rama a God?
- Is Subhadra, Lord Krishna's Sister, the same Durga or Maya?
- Is the Srimad-Bhagavatam compiled in the same way in other universes? Vyasadeva compiles it like he does in this universe as well?
- Is there a difference between Arjuna's body and his soul, and how does this apply to all Krishna's eternally liberated souls described in the scriptures. Is Arjuna always the same in his appearances with Krishna or is a new soul taking his body each time?
- Is there any example of this ascension into heaven? Didn't Arjuna...
- Isn't it at the beginning Arjuna hesitates to kill his family and doesn't want to go to fight, and what he is taught, through Bhagavad-gita in some way is that he should not restrain and that...?
- It's said that Narada Muni delivered the chant to the Earth. Was it here before he came? And how long ago did he come?
- Kapiladeva speaks about the feeling of being lost. Is that what the psychologists say is craziness?
- Knowing God through sastras is one thing, but can a realization come in life as Arjuna had?
- Krsna had other brothers and sisters besides Balarama and Subhadra?
- Krsna is telling to Arjuna where to act, and how to act, and what to act, that is "Fight." And at that moment He is telling to fight the Kauravas. Now, we are confused here, that what is our fight? What is our fight?
- Krsna was talking to Arjuna, and it said that Krsna said to Arjuna, "When you realize Me or when you realize God, or Krsna, you will see the whole of creation (sic:) withinside Me and withinside yourself." Is that a true translation?
- Lately, we've been reading in Srimad-Bhagavatam how Arjuna's potency was gone. He was not even able to protect Krsna's wives. What was missing there?
- Lord Krsna preached Bhagavad-gita in battlefield of Kuruksetra, and it is afterwards written by Vyasadeva. Did Vyasadeva got it out of his meditation, or how the actual thing which was conveyed to Arjuna again took a shape in Bhagavad-gita?
- Maharaja Yudhisthira and Arjuna after Krsna left the earth, returned to the spiritual sky in this same body. Does that indicate that their bodies were so spiritual from spiritual activities that they no longer were material bodies?
- Maharaja Yudhisthira and his younger brothers all attained the spiritual world in the self-same body. Does this mean that they had their spiritual bodies while they were on the earth?
- Manu was on this planet. Now he's not?
- Prabhupada, can you explain mahamaya and yogamaya? Was Arjuna under yogamaya or mahamaya?
- Prabhupada, Maharaja Pariksit was a great devotee of Krsna from his birth. So is he actually in need of these talks by Sukadeva, or is this for the benefit of others?
- Prabhupada, what is a Manu, and how is Manu the father of mankind, as it is stated in Bhagavad-gita?
- Prabhupada? You said Arjuna was lamenting, but pure devotees become... Superior qualities that all devotees possess... So why is this? So why did Krsna call him a fool?
- Prahlada Maharaja, his father becomes a demon, and he has to fight Nrsimha. That means it is the karma of a previous life, and he's praying. Or is it understood that he'll get the protection? So why this prayer?
- She (Gandhari) remained with the cloth wrapped for her whole life?
- Srila Prabhupada? Are there different meanings, this day of Brahma? Are there different creations and annihilations of species? Different Manus, they are sometimes flooding the whole earth
- Subhadra is the external energy? Is Subhadra in the spiritual world?
- Sukadeva Gosvami is always bringing Maharaja Pariksit to the platform of "Why bother with all of this (about the creation and the universe)? Simply perform devotional service"?
- Swamiji, in Bhagavad-gita we can see that Krsna said to Arjuna that "I will not fight for you, but I'll only drive your chariot." Why He refused to fight? Why He didn't fight?
- The Bhagavad-gita says that Lord Brahma is a conditioned soul. Then how was it possible for him to impart the Vedas to a non-conditioned soul - Narada Muni?
- The Chand Kazi became a devotee?
- The gopis, they didn't like very much being instructed by Uddhava?
- The muni was there in the form of an insect?
- The reply to your question about Arjuna's relationship with Krsna...
- The story of Mrgari and...?
- The twelve authorities, are they all pure devotees?
- Then what was the necessity for the Pandavas to suffer when they had themselves surrendered to the Lord Krsna, and they have suffered?
- There's also the story of that Maharaja Khatvanga, who found out that he only had a minute to live. What did he do, that he...? You say that he surrendered at once
- This is when Maharaja Yudhisthira was retiring, or before?
- Traitors. And what about the Vidura? Why he went away?
- Vedic culture, Srila Prabhupada, if there was illicit sex going on?... In Vedic culture, what would King Pariksit do?
- Vyasadeva and Nara-Narayana, they are still in the Himalayas meditating, why don't they come and join our parties and help this Krsna consciousness movement by their...?
- Vyasadeva is called tri-kala-jna - he sees past, present and future. How is it that he sees the future?
- Was Narada there? Did Narada Muni come?
- Was there a story? The Hindus always tell this story about I think Visvamitra Rsi eating a dog or something?
- We can understand how Sri Advaita Acarya is the servant of Lord Caitanya, but how is Maha Visnu and the Visnu-catur-bhuja, how do They serve Krsna?
- We leave the universe. But then we are associating directly with Krsna and Arjuna?
- We read in the Bhagavatam how in King Pariksit's, under his rule, the people, there was no place for the personality of Kali to live even though it was Kali-yuga. So is this possible even today?
- Were the Kumaras, before they became attracted to Visnu, were they Mayavadis?
- What about like Maharaja Bharata?
- What about like the case of Bhismadeva where he knew about Krsna in Goloka, and he went to Krsna as Partha-sarathi?
- What did Bali Maharaja reply ("rascal, if you give like that, where you will stay? He'll take everything!" Smarta brahmana. Simply considering "How I shall live?")?
- What is the position of Dhruva Maharaja, Srila Prabhupada?
- What type of living entity is Mayadevi?
- What was Arjuna's relation to Krsna, I mean, as concise as you can put it?
- What was Arjuna's relationship to Krsna?
- What was the arrangement with Bharata Maharaja?
- What's the difference between a sadhu and a guru? Sadhu means authorities like Vyasa?
- What's the name of that yogi who meditated for sixty thousand years?
- Who has written that? Srila Vyasa
- Who made the decision for Arjuna to fight or not to fight?
- Who was that, Romaharsana Muni?
- Why are there apparent time-gaps in the line of disciplic succession as listed in the Bhagavad-gita? Is Arjuna an instructor Spiritual Master and not an initiator Spiritual Master and therefore not listed?
- Why Bali Maharaja is considered a Mahajana?
- Why did Arjuna ask Krishna to go to His four armed form rather than His two armed form after Krishna had showed Arjuna His Visvarupa?
- Why did He (Krsna) want Arjuna to work?
- Why did Krsna have all the demigod worship put in the Vedas?... Vyasadeva put all the demigod worship in the Vedas
- Why didn't anyone see Krsna's universal form before Arjuna? Krsna said no one has seen before Arjuna. Why is that?
- Why it took Parasurama twenty-one times to defeat?
- Why the Yadu dynasty completely destroyed itself?
- Why was Lord Rama letting Ravana live in Lanka?... Why was He permitting him to live there? He was irreligious. He did not trust in God. Why was Lord Rama letting him...?
- Why would someone who is not Krsna conscious have one hundred children? For example, why would someone like Dhrtarastra, who is not particularly Krsna conscious...?
- Yadava Krsna spoke with Arjuna... It was the personal God Himself or it was an incarnation, this Krsna which is in Bhagavad-gita?
- You have asked for clarification in the KRSNA Book when Maha Visnu says to Krsna and Arjuna that you are my incarnations in my appearance as Nara-Narayana. So you are asking how this can be so?
- You have asked if the Yadu dynasty has continued beyond Satasena
- You tell me that Rama and some other higher creatures lived on this planet so many millions of years ago, so I can expect some day to find evidence of that?
- You were speaking in SB class about Ajamila and how by circumstances he fell down, and that because it wasn't intentional, Krsna forgave him. So, but still, at one point or another, he agreed to the desires of the prostitute. So isn't that free will?
- Your good sir, if you describe the following of Bharata Maharaja, Bharata-varsa. I'd like to be enlightened on that, how the Bharata-varsa is derived?