Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
snake | snakes | snake's| snakelike
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "Snake"
The following 210 pages are in this category, out of 210 total.
- Analogy of the rope and snake
- Black snake
- Even saintly persons take pleasure in the killing of a scorpion or a snake
- Frog is eaten by a snake
- Killing of envious living entities like snakes and scorpions
- One cannot catch even the poisonless snake, and he is attempting to capture a cobra
- The demons' learning, intelligence, and titles are like the gems that glitter on a poisonous snake's hood
- This sarpah, snake, can be charmed by herbs and mantra, but the man, envious, cannot be. Therefore he's more dangerous than the snake
- When the senses are engaged in the Lord's service, they are like poisonous snakes with their fangs removed, and so they are no longer dangerous
- A devotee of Lord Caitanya considers residence in the heavenly planets a will-o’-the-wisp. He surpasses the perfection of mystic yoga power because for him the senses are like snakes with broken fangs
- A man, snake-bitten, can be revived to his consciousness. Anyone Indian present here, they know. Still. Especially I have seen in Punjab, there are many snake enchanters who know the how to chant the mantras
- A rope causes fear for a bewildered person who considers it a snake, but not for a person with proper intelligence who knows it to be only a rope
- A snake and a mouse were once caught in a basket. Now, since the mouse is food for the snake, this was a good opportunity for the snake
- A snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord (Nimai), who captured the snake like a curious child. Immediately the snake coiled over Him. The Lord as a child then rested on the snake, and after some time the snake went away, leaving the Lord aside
- A snake is considered to be the most cruel and envious living entity, but those who are human beings and are envious of others are considered to be even more vicious than snakes
- A toad in a field speaks by croaking, and similarly everyone who has a tongue wants to speak, even if all he has to say is nonsense. The croaking of the toad, however, simply invites the snake: "Please come here and eat me"
- According to our Vaisnava philosophy even a snake or lizard is in the house shall not go without eating, what to speak of other living entities
- After hearing about his death, which will be caused by the bite of a snake-bird sent by a son of a brahmana, he will get himself freed from all material attachment and surrender unto the Personality of Godhead, taking shelter of Him
- All animals like deer, camel, ass, monkey, even flies and snakes, none should be ill treated. Even they enter into the house or in the fields and take their eatables, they should not be stopped. Because they have also got the right to eat
- Animals who have four legs can flee from the forest fire or can at least try to flee, but the snakes are immediately killed. Similarly, the blazing fire of Krsna consciousness is so strong that the snakes of ignorance are immediately killed
- Any rascal speaking about Bhagavad-gita we hear. That is not the process. Then you will misunderstand. Just like milk is very good food, everyone knows. But when it is touched by the tongue of the serpent, it is poison immediately
- Anyone who hears the narration of the Kaliya serpent and his punishment will need fear no more the envious activities of snakes
- Arjuna sees everything in the universe; therefore he sees Brahma, who is the first creature in the universe, and the celestial serpent upon which the Garbhodakasayi Visnu lies in the lower regions of the universe. This snake bed is called Vasuki
- As a snake, when struck by a stick, breathes very heavily, Dhruva Maharaja, having been struck by the strong words of his stepmother (Queen Suruci), began to breathe very heavily because of great anger
- As soon as Kesi reached Him, Krsna pushed His left arm within the horse's mouth, and it looked as though a big snake had entered a hole in the field. The horse felt great pain because Krsna's arm felt to him like a hot iron rod
- Asita was one of the members in the snake sacrifice of Maharaja Janamejaya. He was also present during the coronation ceremony of Maharaja Yudhisthira along with other great rsis
- At Pradyumna's words, the demon Sambara, being insulted, felt just as a snake feels after being struck by someone's foot
- At the last stage, He (Balarama) departed from this world by producing a great white snake from His mouth, and thus He was carried by Sesanaga in the shape of a serpent
- Balarama immediately struck the demon's (Pralambasura's) head with His strong fist, and the demon fell down dead as if he were a snake whose head had been smashed
- Banasura knew various arts of fighting, and by the grace of Lord Siva he knew how to arrest his enemy by the use of a naga-pasa, snake-noose, and thus he seized Aniruddha as he came out of the palace
- Being embraced by Lord Siva like a female elephant embraced by a male, the woman (Mohini-murti), whose hair was scattered, swirled like a snake
- Black snake named Krsna who was very eager to devour all such sinful frogs
- Brahma said, "Actually, one who is liberated from the material concept of life can search for You; others cannot. The analogy of thinking the rope to be a snake is applicable only to those who are still in ignorance of You"
- Brahma said, "Actually, when one mistakes a rope for a snake, the existence of the snake is only within the mind. The existence of maya, similarly, is only within the mind. Maya is nothing but ignorance of Your personality"
- Brahma said, "For instance, when a person mistakes a rope for a snake he is filled with fear, but as soon as he understands that the rope is not a snake, he is liberated from fear"
- Brahma said, "So-called liberation and bondage have no meaning for a person who is already engaged in Your devotional service, just as a rope is not fearful to a person who knows that it is not a snake"
- By the will of the Lord, King Pariksit, while going away, found a dead snake in front of him, and he thought that the sage, who had coldly received him, thus might be coldly rewarded by being offered a garland of a dead snake
- Caitanya said, "Love of Krsna is so powerful that it simultaneously defeats the poisonous effects of a snake, as well as the happiness derived from pouring nectar on one's head. It is perceived as doubly effective, simultaneously poisonous & nectarean"
- Canakya Pandita said that "Both of them (the snake and the envious man) envious, but the envious man is more dangerous than the envious snake." Why? "Now, because the snake can be brought into submission by herbs and mantra"
- Candravali's friend thought, "How wonderful Krsna is! His mind is captivated by the eyebrows of Candravali in a smiling spirit, His snakelike arms are on the shoulder of His friend, and at the same time He is roaring like a lion to encourage Vrsasura"
- Cobras and snakes without hoods, large snakes, scorpions and many other poisonous animals took poison out of the planet earth as their milk and kept this poison in snake holes. They made a calf out of Taksaka
- Croaking toads who think they are making a big conference, and then one day the snake of death comes and swallows them up
- Even if we are able to do something temporarily beneficial, time will see that the good project is frustrated in course of time. The only thing possible to be done is to get rid of eternal time, kala, which is compared to kala-sarpa, or the cobra snake
- Even the most ferocious lower animals, such as tigers, can be tamed simply by regularly supplying meals and accommodations for sleeping. Only snakes cannot be tamed by such an arrangement
- Even there is a lizard, there is a rat, even there is a snake, you should see how he is also comfortably situated. That is spiritual communism
- Garuda said, "Because my Lord has been insulted by this snake, I wish to immediately devour him, but I cannot do so in the presence of my Lord, because He may become angry with me"
- Garuda. He is perfect vegetarian. You know what is his food? Snakes. And he is carrying the Lord. It is a devotee, you see? He is not vegetarian
- Haridasa Thakura and the snake
- He threw the dead snake aside and asked his son why he was crying, whether anyone had done him harm. On hearing this, the son explained to him what had happened
- He was the self-situated tree, the Lord of all others in the universe. And as a sandalwood tree is covered with many snakes, so the Lord's body was also covered by the hoods of Ananta
- Here is Ganges, and you are also present here. So take me as your surrendered soul. I am surrendered to you. So at the present moment let that taksaka, the snake-bird, or anything may come and bite. I don't care for it. Please go on with the krsna-katha
- Hiranyakasipu was killed because he was worse than a snake or a scorpion, and therefore everyone was happy
- Holding the elephant by its tail, Krsna began to pull it, and with very great strength He dragged it for at least twenty-five yards, just as Garuda drags an insignificant snake
- I (Narada Muni) visited deep, dark and dangerously fearful forests, which were the play yards of snakes, owls and jackals
- If a person mistakes a snake for a rope, he dies. Similarly, Putana had killed so many babies before meeting Krsna, and she mistook Him to be like them, but now she was accepting the snake that would kill her immediately
- If a snake has its poison removed and bites a man, there is no fatal effect. Similarly, wealth accumulated in the cause of the Lord has no poisonous teeth, and the effect is not fatal
- If a snake is given milk to drink, its poison simply increases. For a similar reason, we should not disclose our minds to the serpent Mayavadis and karmis. Such disclosures will never help
- If you dig on the northern side, there is a big black snake that will devour you if you attempt to dig up the treasure
- In His letter Krsna advised Kalayavana that he should immediately go and find some dark well for his residence, because there was a black snake named Krsna who was very eager to devour all such sinful frogs
- In India still, there are many snake charmer. They, simply by mantra, they can get out the poison. Materially if it is possible, how much it is possible in spiritual?
- In our conditioned life we are bitten by so many types of Maya snakes, and more and more we are put into unconsciousness of mind without any hope of eternal life. Krishna Consciousness is the only herb for such Maya snake-bite condition
- In the age of Kali, the first attack of the venomous snake strikes against the God-made varnasrama-dharma
- In the Garuda Purana the stress on hearing is expressed very nicely. It is said there, "The state of conditioned life in the material world is just like a man lying unconscious, having been bitten by a snake"
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that when Krsna entered the poisonous waters of the Yamuna, Srimati Yasoda Devi went insane. Instead of searching for curative herbs, she began to speak to the trees as if they were snake chanters
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that a householder must see to it that even a lizard or a snake does not starve. They also must be given food
- In the Visnu-rahasya there is a statement to the effect that one should prefer to embrace a snake, a tiger or an alligator rather than associate with persons who are worshipers of various demigods and who are impelled by material desire
- In this sacrifice (the sacrificial ceremony of Maharaja Janamejaya) all the snakes of the world were to be killed
- In this way, many thousands of elephants, horses and men were killed, and their blood flowed just like the waves of a river. In that river, the severed arms of men appeared like snakes and their heads like tortoises
- In Vrndavana still, a snake found in the house is never killed, snake. Still a rat is never killed. If you kill a rat in Vrndavana, then so many people will come: "Oh, you are committing such sinful acts. You are killing a rat"
- It becomes very difficult for snakes to leave a forest when there is a fire. Other animals may flee due to their long legs, but serpents, only being able to crawl, are generally burnt in the fire
- It is just like a snake is very powerful, so long he has got poison. If it has no poison, nobody cares for it. Similarly, this chanting, reading, and following the principles is our spiritual strength
- It is said by Canakya Pandita that there are two envious living entities - the snake and the envious man
- It is said that giving good counsel to a foolish person causes the fool to become angry, just as feeding milk to a snake only increases its venomous poison
- It is stated here that the snakes who live in the planetary system known as Mahatala are very powerful and have many hoods
- Kaliya took shelter within the water of the Yamuna for the following reason. Just as Garuda went to the island of the Kaliya snake, he also used to go to the Yamuna to catch fish to eat
- Kamsa once rebuked Akrura by saying, "You are such a fool that you are accepting the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be a cowherd boy, simply because He has defeated some harmless water snake!"
- Krsna immediately pressed down the serpent's (Kaliya's) hoods and jumped up on them. The Lord's lotus feet became tinged with red from the rays of the jewels on the snake's hoods
- Krsna is fighting with the Kaliya serpent. He is dancing. He is not afraid of the serpent. He is dancing. As He is dancing with the gopis in rasa-lila, similarly, He is dancing with the snake
- Krsna said, "There are many snakes on Govardhana Hill, and persons neglecting the prescribed duty of Govardhana-puja will be bitten by these snakes and killed"
- Krsna said: "My dear King (Kaliya) of the snakes, although I have given you so much pain, please do not be dissatisfied with Me. It is My duty to protect these cows, which are worshiped even by the demigods"
- Krsna was pleased with Kaliya & his wives. Immediately after hearing His order, the snake and his wives began to worship Him with great offerings of nice garments, flowers, garlands, jewels, ornaments, sandal pulp, lotus flowers and nice eatable fruits
- Krsna was somewhat angry, and thus He began to whirl the horse (Kesi demon) around. After a few rounds, He contemptuously threw him a hundred yards away, just as Garuda throws a big snake
- Let the snake-bird-or whatever magical thing the brahmana created-bite me at once. I (Pariksit) only desire that you all continue singing the deeds of Lord Visnu
- Let the snakebird - or whatever magical thing the brahmana created - bite me at once. I only desire that you all continue singing the deeds of Lord Visnu
- Licking his lips with bifurcated tongues, the serpent (Kaliya) looked at Krsna with double hoods, and his eyesight was full of poison. Krsna immediately pounced upon him, just as Garuda swoops upon a snake
- Like a great mountain, the Lord stands as the abode for all moving and nonmoving living entities. He is the friend of the snakes because Lord Ananta is His friend
- Logic of the snake and the mouse: acting for the sake of one's own interest
- Maharaja Pariksit was always consciously surrendered to the Personality of Godhead, and therefore he was neither afraid nor overwhelmed by fear due to a snake-bird which was to bite him because of the fury of a brahmana boy
- Mahatala is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- Mayavadis proclaim that there is no separate existence outside the impersonal Brahman and that the feeling of separation is maya, or an illusion, by which one considers a rope to be a snake
- Milk is undoubtedly very good and nourishing, but when it is touched by the mouth of a snake it is no longer nourishing; rather, it becomes a source of death
- Misconceiving one thing for another thing is called illusion. For example, accepting a rope as a snake is illusion, but the rope is not false
- Mistaking the rope for a snake does not mean that the rope or the snake is false, and therefore this example, used by the Mayavadis to illustrate the falsity of the material world, is not valid
- Mucukunda continued, "As soon as the allotted time is over, Your Lordship immediately ends all the activities of our material dreams. As the time factor, You end all our activities, as a hungry black snake swiftly swallows up a small rat without leniency"
- Nanda continued, "We remember how He saved us from the forest fire, how He saved us from the great snake Kaliya in the Yamuna, and how He saved us from so many other demons"
- Nanda Maharaja cried for help, "This serpent is swallowing me!", all the cowherd men got up and saw what was happening. They immediately took up burning logs and began to beat the snake to kill it
- O brahmanas, the rsi, who was born in the family of Angira Muni, hearing his son crying, gradually opened his eyes and saw the dead snake around his neck
- On request from many influential demigods and sages, he had to change his decision to kill the race of snakes, but despite stopping the sacrifice, he satisfied everyone concerned in the sacrifice by rewarding them properly
- On the very night of the day of the chastisement of the Kaliya snake, when the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi were sleeping carefreely, there was a forest fire ablaze due to dry leaves, and it appeared that all the inhabitants were sure to meet their death
- One kind of khala, the snake, can be pacified simply by mantras or by the action of a particular herb (mantrausadhi-vasah sarpah khalakena nivaryate). An envious person, however, cannot be pacified by any means
- One of the cowherd boys said, "Its (the snake's) mouth appears to be like a big mountain cave, and its height cannot be estimated. The chin is also raised just like a mountain summit"
- One of the cowherd boys said, "That long highway appears to be its (the snakes's) tongue, and inside the mouth it is as dark as in a mountain cave"
- One of the cowherd boys said, "The hot wind that is blowing like a hurricane is his breathing, and the fishy bad smell coming out from his (the snake's) mouth is the smell of his intestines"
- One who has not listened to the messages about the prowess and marvelous acts of the Personality of Godhead and has not sung or chanted loudly the worthy songs about the Lord is to be considered to possess earholes like the holes of snakes
- One who is bereft of devotional service is swallowed by the black snake of the yoga system and bitten by the wasps and drones of fruitive activity, and he suffers consequent material miseries
- Prahlada Maharaja said that even a saintly person becomes pleased when a scorpion or a snake is killed. So if it is a fact that Nair is dead it is a matter of great pleasure for all devotees
- Pure devotional service in Krsna consciousness is the highest enlightenment, and when such enlightenment is there, it is just like a blazing forest fire, killing all the inauspicious snakes of desire
- Sambara, understanding that his enemy (Pradyumna) was formidable, took assistance from various kinds of demoniac mystic powers belonging to the Guhyakas, the Gandharvas, the Pisacas, the snakes and the Raksasas
- Sarpah krurah khalah krurah sarpat kruratarah khalah, that "Two kinds of krurah, envious animals, are there. One is the snake, and the other is envious man"
- SB 10.16.13, there is the following description. When Krsna was chastising the Kaliyanaga in the Yamuna, the big snake wrapped his coils all over Krsna's body, and upon seeing Krsna in this situation, all His dear cowherd friends became greatly disturbed
- Scorpions, large snakes and many other poisonous animals, as well as lions, tigers, boars and great elephants, all began falling upon the demigod soldiers, crushing everything
- Simply by nondevotional speculation on the rope and the snake, one cannot approach the Absolute Truth. Therefore devotional service is stressed as more important than deliberation or mental speculation to understand the Absolute Truth
- Snake is a snake. Do you think a snake decorated with a jewel on the hood is gentleman?
- So materialistic life means that one is bitten by the snake of maya, illusion, and thus, without any Krsna consciousness, he is almost dead. Now the so-called dead man bitten by a snake can be brought back again to life by the chanting of some mantra
- Sometimes in Western countries a trespasser is shot, and there is no crime in such shooting. This is the position of demoniac householders, and such houses are considered to be the residential quarters of venomous snakes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Although it is correct that the King is a great devotee, he is still to be considered a venomous snake. Similarly, even though a woman be made of wood, one becomes agitated simply by touching her form"
- Sri Uddhava said: My dear Vidura, the sun of the world, Lord Krsna, has set, and our house has now been swallowed by the great snake of time. What can I say to you about our welfare?
- Stricken by the fist of Balarama, the demon (Pralambasura) fell down dead, just like a snake with a smashed head, and blood poured from his mouth
- Sukadeva Gosvami informed the King that the island known as Nagalaya was inhabited by serpents and that Kaliya was one of the chief serpents there. Being accustomed to eating snakes, Garuda used to come to this island and kill many serpents at will
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: Because of your (Pariksit's) death by the Taksaka snake, your son Janamejaya will be very angry and will perform a sacrifice to kill all the snakes in the world
- Surrounding him were the Vidyadharas, Apsaras, Kinnaras, Patagas (birds) and Uragas (snakes). All of them were offering Indra their respects and services, and the Apsaras and Gandharvas were dancing and singing with very sweet musical instruments
- Taravali was bitten by the most venomous snake of Krsna's flute
- The boys began to talk among themselves: "Dear friends, this figure appears to be a great animal, and he is sitting in such a posture just to swallow us all. Just see - is it not a big snake that has widened his mouth to eat all of us?"
- The brahmana's son cursed the King thus: On the seventh day from today a snake-bird will bite the most wretched one of that dynasty (Maharaja Pariksit) because of his having broken the laws of etiquette by insulting my father
- The Caitanya-bhagavata describes that one day while the Lord was crawling upon His knees, the bells on His waist ringing very sweetly, a snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord, who captured the snake like a curious child
- The citizens of Mathura continued, "He (Krsna) chastised the Kaliya snake in the water of the Yamuna, and He curbed the false pride of the heavenly king, Indra"
- The conception of a snake is not untrue or unreal in itself. It is the false identification that is untrue or unreal. When, by mistake, we consider the rope to be a snake, that is our ignorance
- The conditioned soul becomes enwrapped in the material world, whereas the Supersoul, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, leaves it without being affected, just as a snake sheds his skin
- The demigod Vidyadhara continued to speak to Sri Krsna, "Because I was very proud of the exquisite beauty of my body," he said, "I derided the ugly features of the great sage Angira. He cursed me for my sin, and I became a snake"
- The demigods approached the Lord. They were headed by Lord Brahma, King Indra and Lord Siva and included great saintly persons and the residents of Pitrloka, Siddhaloka, Vidyadhara-loka and the planet of the snakes
- The demon Mura in his onslaught was like a big snake attacking Garuda. His angry mood was very severe, and he appeared ready to devour the three worlds
- The devotee said, "My dear kadamba tree, do not be worried. Just after defeating the Kaliya snake in the Yamuna River, Krsna will come and satisfy your desire." This is an instance of inappropriate hopelessness in ecstatic love for Krsna
- The envious man is more dangerous than a snake because a snake can be subdued by charming mantras or by some herbs, but an envious person cannot be pacified by any means
- The example is being given in this connection that when there is a forest fire the extensive blazing automatically kills all the snakes in the forest
- The frogs loudly croak, with the result that they invite the snakes to eat them. The human tongue is especially given for chanting the Vedic hymns and not for croaking like frogs
- The gods, therefore, were seized with fear at his very sight, and they hid themselves even as snakes hide themselves for fear of Garuda
- The gopis become very much agitated by lusty desire; they are burning due to the poisonous bite inflicted by the black snakes of Krsna’s beautiful arms
- The great ocean, trembling in fear, gave Him His way because its family members, the aquatics like the sharks, snakes and crocodiles, were being burnt by the heat of the angry red-hot eyes of the Lord
- The greed for material enjoyment is always existing in the living entity, but Your Lordship is always alert, and in due course of time You strike him, just as a snake seizes a mouse and very easily swallows him
- The hair that dropped from that body (the body of Lord Brahma, that he gave up) transformed into snakes, and even while the body crawled along with its hands and feet contracted, there sprang from it ferocious serpents and Nagas
- The head of the sisumara form is downward, and its body appears like that of a coiled snake. On the end of its tail is Dhruvaloka, on the body of the tail are Prajapati, Agni, Indra and Dharma, and on the root of the tail are Dhata and Vidhata
- The Lord (Krsna) then declared that the order given to the Kaliya snake be recited and heard by everyone so that no one need fear Kaliya any longer
- The Lord chastised the snake-king within the water and drove him away, and after coming out of the river, He caused the cows to drink the water and proved that the water was again in its natural state
- The Mayavadi philosopher sometimes puts forward the argument of the snake and the rope. In the dark of evening, a curled-up rope is sometimes, due to ignorance, taken for a snake
- The Mayavadis proclaim that there is no separate existence outside the impersonal Brahman and that the feeling of separation is maya, or an illusion, by which one considers a rope to be a snake
- The mystic yoga process is compared to a black snake that devours the living entity and injects him with poison
- The personified Vedas continued, "They (the gopis) wanted to be embraced by the arms of Krsna, which resemble the beautiful round shape of a snake. Similarly, we, the Vedic hymns, simply concentrate our minds on the lotus feet of Your Lordship"
- The planetary system below Talatala is known as Mahatala. It is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- The progress of loving affairs between a young boy and a young girl is like the movement of a snake. On account of this, two types of anger arise between a young boy and girl - anger with cause and anger without cause
- The rascals, fools, if you give them good lessons, education, they will be angry. Prakopayati na samayati. Payah panam bhujanganam. The snake, if you give him nice milk and banana, the result will be he will increase his poison
- The senses are compared to poisonous snakes, but the senses of a bhakta engaged in the service of the Lord are like snakes with their poisonous fangs removed
- The senses, are just like dreadful snakes. But there is a means to subdue the snake
- The sinful actions of one who has surrendered unto Krsna are compared to a snake with its poison fangs removed
- The skin of deer is specially used in yoga-asana because it has got some medical effect that snakes do not come. If you sit down on that particular skin, the snakes and reptiles will not come there. That is the purpose. You'll not be disturbed
- The snake can be charmed or controlled by mantras and herbs, but a person who is envious cannot be controlled by anyone
- The snake characteristic is that unnecessarily, without any offense, it bites, and the animal which is bitten, he dies. This is the characteristic. Without any fault...
- The snake is dangerous on account of the poison teeth. So if, somehow or other, the poison teeth extricated, then the snake is no more dangerous. So our strong senses, snakelike senses, can be bereft of the poison teeth by accepting Krsna consciousness
- The snake of separation bit Laksmidevi, and its poison caused her death. Thus she passed to the next world. She went back home, back to Godhead
- The snakes in Mahatala are always disturbed by fear of Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, but although they are full of anxiety, some of them nevertheless sport with their wives, children, friends and relatives
- The snakes who live in the planetary system known as Mahatala are very powerful and have many hoods
- The so-called dead man bitten by a snake can be brought back to life by the chanting of some mantra. There are expert chanters of these mantras who can perform this feat
- The two very beautiful arms of Krsna are just like long bolts. They also resemble the bodies of black snakes that enter the space between the two hill-like breasts of women and bite their hearts. The women then die from the burning poison
- The yoga principles are meant to control the senses, but there is no scope for the senses of one engaged in the service of the Lord to be dangerous like snakes. These are the gifts of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Then why a sadhu is pleased when a sarpa, a scorpion, or snake is killed? The reason is that these two kinds of creatures, they bite innocent persons without any fault. Without any fault. Or for little fault
- There are many earthly creatures who constantly represent the Rudra element. The snake, tiger and lion are always representations of Rudra
- There are many, many snakes on the ground of the forest, and when a fire takes place, it burns the dried foliage, and the snakes are immediately attacked
- There are snake charmer. They chant mantras, and they apply some herb, and the snake come under subjugation. But khalah kena nivaryate: "But the snake-like man, he cannot be subdued at any cost"
- There is a short story about a snake who became a devotee upon instruction by Narada, who instructed him not to bite anymore
- There is an herb found in the jungles which expert persons know how to use to revive the consciousness of one who is bitten by a snake. Simply by smelling that herb one becomes immediately relieved of the poisonous effects of the snakebite
- There is another instance of a dreadful situation with Krsna as the object as follows. After being sufficiently chastised by child Krsna in the Yamuna River, the Kaliya snake began to address the Lord
- There is no benefit in feeding a snake milk and bananas because the snake will never be satisfied. On the contrary, by taking milk and bananas the snake simply becomes more poisonous (kevalam visa-vardhanam)
- There were many extraordinary activities performed by Murari, a great devotee of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Sometimes in his ecstasy he would slap the cheek of a tiger, and sometimes he would play with a venomous snake
- There were three different parties in the churning of Mandara Mountain - the demigods, who were in the mode of goodness, the demons, who were in the mode of passion, and the snake Vasuki, who was in the mode of ignorance
- These wonderful features of Krsna's body never failed to astonish Mother Yasoda. At the end of His kaumara age, Krsna carried a small stick in His hand, His clothing was a little longer, and He had a knot around His waist, resembling the hood of a snake
- They (the snakes who live in the planetary system known as Mahatala) live with their wives and children and consider themselves very happy, although they are always full of anxiety because of Garuda, who comes there to destroy them
- This black snake is less harmful than the man snake. Why? Now, this black snake, by chanting some mantra or by some herb can bring him under your control. But this man snake you cannot. It is not possible
- This material world is an expansion of the material energy of the Lord. Therefore it is real. It is not false, as sometimes concluded from the example of the snake and the rope
- This was actually proved by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself when He passed through the forest of Jharikhanda. At that time the tigers, snakes, deer and all other animals abandoned their natural animosity and began chanting and dancing in sankirtana
- Thus Nanda Maharaja was relieved of the imminent danger of being devoured by the snake
- Unfortunately, without Krsna consciousness, these material assets sometimes become sources of sin and degradation. Despite Vidyadhara’s being a demigod and having a beautiful body, he was condemned to the body of a snake due to pride
- Upon being chastised by Krsna's constant kicking on his head, Kaliya, the black snake of the Yamuna, came to his senses and admitted
- Vasuki, being a great snake, would be natural food for Garuda, the chief of birds. Lord Visnu therefore asked Garuda to leave so that Vasuki could be brought to churn the ocean with Mandara Mountain, which was to be used as the churning rod
- Vena was very severe and cruel; therefore, as soon as all the thieves and rogues in the state heard of his ascendance to the royal throne, they became very much afraid of him. Indeed, they hid themselves here and there as rats hide themselves from snakes
- Vidura said: He (Yudhisthira) is waiting with his younger brothers, among whom is the revengeful Bhima, breathing heavily like a snake. Surely you (Dhrtarastra) are afraid of him
- We are not powerful enough to enchant the lower animals such as tigers, snakes, cats and dogs or entice them to dance, but by chanting the holy names of the Lord we can actually convert many people throughout the world to Krsna consciousness
- We Kurus, can't allow them (the Yadus) to do any more of these things, nor shall we allow them to use these royal insignias. Best to take all these things away; it is improper to feed a snake with milk, since merciful activities simply increase his venom
- When He (Nimai) was a mere baby crawling in the yard, one day a snake appeared before Him, and the Lord began to play with it. All the members of the house were struck with fear and awe, but after a little while the snake went away
- When Krsna was fighting with Kaliya, Mother Yasoda exclaimed, "Krsna is now entrapped within the hoods of the Kaliya snake, and yet I am not tattered to pieces! So I must admit how wonderful is the preserving power of this material body!"
- When Krsna was fighting with the Kaliya snake by dancing on his heads, Kaliya bit Krsna on the leg. At that time Garuda became infuriated and began to murmur
- When one is after sense gratification, he is mad, he becomes mad. these are the adjectives. These are the description. Indriya, the senses, are just like snakes. As the snake, as soon as it bites, immediately there is death
- When one is sleeping, the life air remains active in different dreams. The five hoods of the snake indicate that the life air is surrounded by five kinds of air, known as prana, apana, vyana, udana and samana
- When the boy returned to the hermitage, he saw a snake on his father's shoulder, and out of his grief he cried very loudly
- When the senses are engaged in the Lord's service, they are like poisonous snakes with their fangs removed, and so they are no longer dangerous. The entire world is a replica of Vaikuntha for the devotee because he has no anxiety
- While leaving, the King, being so insulted, picked up a lifeless snake with his bow and angrily placed it on the shoulder of the sage. Then he returned to his palace
- While the King was thus repenting, he received news of his imminent death, which would be due to the bite of a snake-bird, occasioned by the curse spoken by the sage's son
- While the soldiers attacked on the surface, the airplane began to drop big slabs of stone, tree trunks, thunderbolts, poisonous snakes and many other dangerous things
- You accept the pleasure of sleeping in the water of devastation, where there are violent waves & enjoy pleasure on the bed of snakes, showing the happiness of Your sleep to intelligent persons. All the universal planets are stationed within Your abdomen
- You have no experience in your country. In India still there are snake charmers. If one is bitten by a snake he remains unconscious. By mantra he can be brought into consciousness, in life