This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Vrsni Dynasty"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- A few months passed, and then, bewildered by Krsna, all the descendants of Vrsni, Bhoja and Andhaka who were incarnations of demigods went to Prabhasa, while those who were eternal devotees of the Lord did not leave but remained in Dvaraka
- Akrura: The commander in chief of the Vrsni dynasty and a great devotee of Lord Krsna. Akrura attained success in devotional service to the Lord by the one single process of offering prayers
- All glories to this Personality of Godhead known as the son of Srimati Devaki devi! All glories to Lord Sri Krsna, the brilliant light of the Vrsni dynasty
- All glories unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is known as the son of Devaki! All glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is known as the light of the dynasty of Vrsni
- All of them (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja), being permitted by the brahmanas, partook of the remnants of prasada and also drank liquor made of rice
- Among the Bhojas, Vrsnis, Andhakas, Pandavas and many other kings intimately related with Krsna, the intimate relationship between Krsna and the inhabitants of Vrndavana is especially to be noted
- Apart from the grammatical elucidation, the real purpose of the word nidhanam is to indicate that all the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties were direct associates of the Lord
- Arjuna said: O descendant of Vrsni, by what is one impelled to sinful acts, even unwillingly, as if engaged by force? BG 3.36 - 1972
- As Bhogavati, the capital of Nagaloka, is protected by the Nagas, so was Dvaraka protected by the descendants of Vrsni - Bhoja, Madhu, Dasarha, Arha, Kukura, Andhaka, etc. - who were as strong as Lord Krsna
- Assisted by the descendants of Bhoja, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Surasena, Dasarha, Kuru, Srnjaya and Pandu, Lord Krsna performed various activities
- Because the devotees would be pleased to see these activities (pastimes of the Lord) personally, they were all invited to take birth as friends and relatives of these families - Yadu and Vrsni dynasties and the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- By drinking they (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) all became delirious, and, bereft of knowledge, they touched the cores of each other's hearts with harsh words
- By such drinking they (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) became delirious and bereft of sense, so much so that they forgot their relationship with one another and used harsh words which touched the cores of each other's hearts
- Decorating the entire city very festively, the citizens of Dvaraka held a great celebration, and when Lord Krsna passed through the city, all the members of the Vrsni dynasty and the heroes of the Yadu dynasty followed Him with great respect
- During the fratricidal war amongst the descendants of Yadu, he (Pradyumna) died at the hand of Bhoja, another king of the Vrsnis. After his death, he was installed in his original position
- He also heard how he himself had been protected by the Lord from the powerful heat of the weapon of Asvatthama. People also mentioned the great affection between the descendants of Vrsni and Prtha due to the latter's great devotion to Lord Kesava
- Her (Kunti Devi) affection for the Pandavas and the Vrsnis is not out of the range of devotional service because the service of the Lord and the service of the devotees are identical
- How is Pradyumna, the great general of the Vrsni family? Is He happy? And is Aniruddha, the plenary expansion of the Personality of Godhead, faring well?
- In the clear sky of autumn, the beautiful moon among the beautiful stars becomes the cynosure of all eyes, just as Lord Sri Krsna is the central attraction in the Vrsni dynasty or in the family of Yadu
- In the previous verse (1.8.41) of Srimad-Bhagavatam Queen Kunti prayed that the Lord kindly cut off her attraction for her kinsmen, the Pandava and Vrsni families. However, giving up one's attraction for material things is not sufficient
- It appears that in those days in the western part of India there were many small kingdoms, ruled by the Yadu dynasty, Andhaka dynasty, Vrsni dynasty and Bhoja dynasty
- Kamsa said, "If somehow or other Krsna & Balarama escape, They will next meet the wrestlers & will be killed by them. That is my plan. & after killing these two boys, I shall kill Vasudeva & Nanda, who are supporters of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties"
- Krsna continued, "My dear grandfather, out of fear of My late uncle Kamsa, all the kings belonging to the Yadu, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Dasarha and Kukura dynasties were very anxious and disturbed"
- Krsna gave protection to the Pandavas and Vrsnis because they were devotees, and He also killed demons like Kamsa, Aghasura, and Bakasura. Of the two engagements, His killing of the demons was His major occupation
- Krsna was equally related to both (Pandavas and Vrsnis) the families. Both the families required the Lord's help because both were dependent devotees of the Lord
- Krsna's another name is Varsneya because He appeared in the Vrsni family. Just like sandalwood. Sandalwood is known as "Malayan sandalwood." Malaya. There is a country, you know. East Asia, Malaysia
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has no material body, yet He appears as a human being. For how many years did He live with the descendants of Vrsni? How many wives did He marry, and for how many years did He live in Dvaraka - SB 10.1.11
- Ksatriyas (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) are permitted to drink at certain occasions, so they all drank a kind of light liquor made of rice
- Kunti addresses Lord Krsna as vrsni-rsabha, the child of the dynasty of Vrsni. It was because Krsna appeared in the Vrsni dynasty that this dynasty became famous, just as Malaysia & the Malaya Hills became famous because of the sandalwood that grows there
- Kunti was the daughter of the Vrsni family and the wife and mother of the Pandava family. Generally a woman has affection for both her father's family and husband's family
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) have taken birth in the Yadu dynasty, or the Vrsni dynasty. Your advent on the surface of the earth in Your original form of eternal blissful knowledge is Your own pastime"
- Now this verse (of SB 10.1.62-63) informs us that all the family and friends of the Yadu dynasty, the Vrsni dynasty, Nanda Maharaja and the gopas descended from the heavenly planets to see the pastimes of the Lord
- O King, Maharaja Pariksit, who can suppress your enemies, the sons of Vrsni were Sumitra and Yudhajit. From Yudhajit came Sini and Anamitra, and from Anamitra came a son named Nighna
- O Krsna, O friend of Arjuna, O chief amongst the descendants of Vrsni, You are the destroyer of those political parties which are disturbing elements on this earth. Your prowess never deteriorates
- O Lord of the universe (Krsna), soul of the universe, O personality of the form of the universe, please, therefore, sever my tie of affection for my kinsmen, the Pandavas and the Vrsnis
- O Lord of the universe, soul of the universe, O personality of the form of the universe, please, therefore, sever my (Kunti's) tie of affection for my kinsmen, the Pandavas and the Vrsnis
- O Maharaja Pariksit, because Yadu, Madhu and Vrsni each inaugurated a dynasty, their dynasties are known as Yadava, Madhava and Vrsni. The son of Yadu named Krosta had a son named Vrjinavan
- O my friend, (tell me) whether Ugrasena, the King of the Satvatas, Vrsnis, Bhojas and Dasarhas, is now doing well. He went far away from his kingdom, leaving aside all hopes of his royal throne, but Lord Krsna again installed him
- Samba: He was present during the Rajasuya-yajna of Maharaja Yudhisthira. When all the Vrsnis were assembled during the time of Prabhasa-yajna, his glorious activities were narrated by Satyaki before Lord Baladeva
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "Lord Krsna is now the King of the Bhoja, Vrsni and Andhaka dynasties, and I have heard that He never leaves His capital city, Dvaraka. He is living there without outside engagements"
- So Krsna, the chief of the Vrsni dynasty, enjoyed with the goddess of fortune in full opulence
- So too were the descendants of the Vrsni dynasty (they were none but the denizens of the heavenly planets), headed by Vasudeva, and Devaki and the other women of the dynasty of Yadu - SB 10.1.62-63
- Sometimes service to the devotee is more valuable than service to the Lord (Krsna). But here the affection of Kuntidevi for the Pandavas and the Vrsnis was due to family relation
- Spontaneous love of Krsna as exhibited by the Vrsnis and the denizens of Vrndavana is eternally existing in them
- Sri Krsna is no other than the inconceivable, original Personality of Godhead. He is the first Narayana, the supreme enjoyer. But He is moving amongst the descendants of King Vrsni just like one of us & He is bewildering us with His self-created energy
- Srimati Kuntidevi was conscious of this fact, and therefore she prayed to the Lord (Krsna) to cut off the affectionate tie from her own kinsmen, the Pandavas and the Vrsnis
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "To the Vrsnis He (Krsna) is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In such a predominating position Krsna appeared in that arena along with His older brother Balarama"
- The city of Dvaraka was well protected by the descendants of Vrsni, who were as powerful as the Lord, insofar as He manifested His strength upon this earth
- The descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja formally took permission from the brahmanas and ate the prepared foodstuff
- The descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja were not expected to forget themselves in this way, but by the will of the Supreme it happened, and thus they became harsh towards one another
- The dynasties known as Yadava, Madhava and Vrsni had their origin from Yadu, Madhu and Vrsni
- The king (Kulasekhara) also addresses Him (Krsna) as Vrsni-vaḿsa-pradipa ("the brilliant light in the Vrsni dynasty") because millions of generations of the Vrsni dynasty became sanctified by the Lord's appearance within it
- The King inquired: At the end of the pastimes of the Lord of the three worlds, Sri Krsna, and after the disappearance of the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties, who were the best of the great commanders, why did Uddhava alone remain?
- The Lord (Visnu) ordered all the denizens of the heavenly planets to take birth in different families of the Yadu and Vrsni dynasties and in Vrndavana
- The Pandavas are her (Kunti's) own sons, and the Vrsnis are the members of her paternal family
- The Vrsnis (Krsna's relatives at Dvaraka) felt like that. So spontaneous love of Krsna in the parental relationship is found both amongst those denizens of Dvaraka who belonged to the dynasty of Vrsni, as well as amongst the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- The Vrsnis and Bhojas were directly dispatched because they had no attraction for material planets. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also suggests that according to the Amara-kosa dictionary, akrti also means "signal."
- The Vrsnis and Yadus and the father and mother of Krsna in Vrndavana all have familial relationships with Krsna; Krsna's foster father and mother in Vrndavana, however, are more exalted than Vasudeva and Devaki
- The word upagatesu is also significant. All the members of Vrsni and Bhoja directly reached the abode of the Lord
- They (members of the Vrsni family) were fully satisfied, for they regarded Krsna as everything
- To the Vrsnis Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- To the yogis present, He (Krsna) appeared to be the Supersoul. To the members of the Vrsni dynasty He appeared to be the most celebrated descendant
- When irreligion is prominent in the family, O Krsna, the women of the family become corrupt, and from the degradation of womanhood, O descendant of Vrsni, comes unwanted progeny. BG 1.40 - 1972
- When Lord Krsna was to appear, the denizens of the heavenly planets were invited to see the pastimes of the Lord, and thus it is stated here (in SB 10.1.62-63) that the members of the Yadu and Vrsni dynasties & the inhabitants of Vrndavana were demigods
- When the members of the Vrsni family saw all their friends and visitors departing, they observed that the rainy season was approaching, and thus they decided to return to Dvaraka