Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... War, Violence
Pages in category "Questions On... War, Violence"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- After the Battle of Kuruksetra there were many men killed. How were all the young people and the women protected after so many millions of men were killed?
- And after the (atomic) war what will be the result?
- And all Krsna's soldiers were killed?
- Are there any prohibitions as to what type of work? For example, would a follower of yours work in a war industry?
- Are you saying that you should never kill a cow but that you sometimes can kill a person?
- Arjuna had to fight in the war, didn't he? In the Bhagavad-gita, he still had to... But it didn't matter him killing if it was Krsna's responsibility?
- Bhagavad-gita's Battle of Kuruksetra fought, in which month?
- But if they're committing so many sinful activities, murdering their father and like this, then how will they get to that stage of being able to approach Krsna consciousness?
- But it's the same with Arjuna, wasn't it (clear word is there, "Thou shalt not kill." And why they're maintaining so many slaughterhouses?)?
- But nonviolence is not well in every case?
- But what I'm basically asking is what are these ksatriyas going to fight with?
- But what is the use of having big strong body if now they're using airplanes and tanks and guns?
- Did Bhismadeva get wounded by arrows at the battle of Kuruksetra, or did he simply chose to leave his mortal body and thus lay down for passing on a bed of arrows?
- Didn't Karna request Arjuna not to fight when he was lifting the chariot? Didn't Karna request Arjuna not to kill him?
- Do you not think it's worth going to such places as Ireland and trying to talk to the people out there to stop warring?
- Do you see that nations will fight too? That there will be wars, things like that?
- Does it mean we should use violence to spread Krsna consciousness then, Srila Prabhupada?
- Does this apply to the brahmanas (you cannot see your wife being insulted before you. You must fight. You must kill him.That is the law. Aggressor)?
- He (Krsna) took the chariot wheel when Bhisma pitamaha was coming to Arjuna. Is that a fight?
- He (Mahiravana) was called by his brother to Ceylon in the battle?
- He says, "But then Krsna says, 'Why are you afraid to fight? After all, the soul is eternal, but the body is only temporary.' So isn't that a justification..."?
- He took the chariot wheel when Bhisma pitamaha was coming to Arjuna. Is that a fight?
- How can you fight a war and then be nonviolent at the same time?... How is it possible to be nonviolent...
- How did that war of Kuruksetra differ from other wars?
- How does one interpret if the cause is great (if the cause if great, then killing is no sin)?
- How far this adaption of Krsna consciousness by many American boys would affect the politics of their attitude, for instance, to such a bearing problem of America as Vietnam War?
- I keep wondering how you're so sure you know what good is, particularly when it comes to war
- If God is all-good, why does He permit so many wars to go on?
- If one has to obey the state and go to war, how is that the same as obeying God?
- If we see a group of demons fighting, killing each other, should devotees go and try to stop them from killing each other?
- If you want to find peace, don't you have to believe that war is wrong, any kind of war?
- In the material world, sometimes you have to stand up for what you think is right and sometimes use violence?
- In the name of looking for transcendence, there have been so many wars, hatred between men... He's saying, psychologically, that his brain tells him that in the name of searching after transcendence there has been so much bad, so how is this different?
- Is not eating vegetables killing a living entity also?
- Is such an atomic war foretold in SB?
- Is that (atomic) war to occur in the recent future? Or is that a long way off?
- Isn't it at the beginning Arjuna hesitates to kill his family and doesn't want to go to fight, and what he is taught, through Bhagavad-gita in some way is that he should not restrain and that...?
- It (Calcutta) was bombed frequently, or just once or twice?
- Karl Marx says, "The most persistent form of antagonism between the Jew and the Christian is religious antagonism." How has one solved an antagonism by... making it impossible?
- Krsna believed that it was all right to kill the enemies of Arjuna because it was a righteous war. If you have a philosophy like that, can you find peace?
- Let's say a person has been involved in the Vietnam War due to his relation with the material world and has been drawn into this activity. And now he's in Krsna consciousness. How is he then relieved of the law of karma for his activity?
- Like the Vietnam, you mean (everything is bad when it is done for maya. That's all. So these wars are declared not for Krsna's sake; by the politicians' whims. So they must be responsible for this war)?
- Love means never killing?
- She asks whether it will come to a fight with the demons and the devotees like Arjuna, or is this question, in the future, she means, or is this question not important?
- Should force be used on children?
- Should the British have been violently thrown out of India?
- Should the young American faced with the war in Vietnam go forth to Vietnam realizing that the slayer and the slain are one and that all this slaughter, just slaughter karma, and follow the way of the sage
- So it will take a war to bring them to their senses a bit?
- So Prabhupada, is there something we should do to prepare ourselves for this disaster?
- Somebody dropping bomb in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. How does he know that he is pleasing God or he's not pleasing God?
- Sometimes in those mass killings pious men are killed also. At Kuruksetra many pious men were killed?
- Sometimes the members of the Krsna Consciousness Society are afraid of the impending danger of world war and ask what would happen to them if a war should occur?
- Sometimes the question is put before us: "You ask us not to eat meat, but you are eating vegetables. Do you think that is not violence?"
- Sometimes we are asked that "Why Krsna induced Arjuna to become violent?"
- Srila Prabhupada, you said that this war will destroy the demonic civilization... Does that mean that it'll destroy all the cities and all the industries?
- Supposing hundred pure saintly Krsna conscious people are meditating or discussing or just serving together, and there comes somebody, some dusta who drops a bomb, and at the end of all...?
- Swamiji, in Bhagavad-gita we can see that Krsna said to Arjuna that "I will not fight for you, but I'll only drive your chariot." Why He refused to fight? Why He didn't fight?
- The Americans will win?
- The law in the Bible says, "Thou shalt not kill." But the federal law of the United States says you must go into the Army and kill. So which to follow? There is a difference. They both say opposite things
- The troubles that India is going through today, they were foreseeing over five thousand years ago, that the Muslims would invade, the Turks?
- The war on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, that lasted for a period of eighteen days? And that happened five thousand years ago when Krsna was on earth. Is that happening now in some other material universe, the same battle?
- Then the question is whom shall we fight now?
- There is a worldwide rise in prices of energy resources, like oil, coal, gas, and electricity. Naturally, there will be worldwide destruction of mankind and other living beings and materials in the near future. What are your views?
- Very much so. Very badly, very bad now, very bad. What do you do about that? And that's a serious question. Is it morally correct to be sitting here, for me to be sitting here...?
- Violence for a right cause is better than the so-called nonviolence. Now I wanted to ask, for instance, to find that nonviolence or like Gandhi, it was wrong...?
- Was that (for enjoyment they would even put two gladiators fighting each other, two men killing each other, and they would all watch) to the death?
- We do not fight?
- What about something very much nearer to ourselves here in this country, and that is a war or civil disturbance is going on... between Christians?
- What about the war between America and Germany, for instance? Neither one of them were God conscious
- What are the specific principles that you would use in trying to determine whether it is absolutely necessary to fight?
- What is Krsna consciousness in relation to other faiths, like, say, when you think of Krsna and you die, in a battle for Krsna or something? What if you believed in Jesus Christ and you died in battle for Jesus Christ?
- What is meant by nonviolence?
- What is the difference between killing a plant and eating it and killing an animal and eating it?
- What situation did they do that (devotees fighting)?
- What will be the position with the Chinese if the Russians and Americans fight?
- What would happen to the people that killed Christ on the cross? Very bad, it seems
- What would we do if a thief came in? In other words, would we be violent?
- When we say that Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that asked him to fight, kill his own relatives and friends and not to bother about the consequences of the action. Now this statement sometimes is difficult for people of the West to understand?
- Where was the generosity (Abhimanyu's head was there, and Krsna was on the ground with his chariot, and Arjuna was about to kill him, and Krsna was directing him to kill: "There was no mercy with Abhimanyu, so therefore there will be no mercy now")?
- Who is that (the sinless people who will survive the war)?
- Who made the decision for Arjuna to fight or not to fight?
- Why didn't Krsna kill everybody at the Battle of Kuruksetra?
- Why the Jesus says you offer the other cheek? Which is better? Is the choice of us to be violent or nonviolent?
- Why you've not answered my question (about killing)?
- Will that (next war will come very soon) help our preaching, Prabhupada?
- Will things get physically violent?
- Will this war spread to many different countries and continents?
- Won't the countryside be spoiled if there is an atomic war?
- Would you say that we are in a state of peace or a state of war?
- Would, say, the cutting down of a plant, vegetable.... You are killing the growth there. Is that a living matter?
- Yesterday in Assam seven student have been killed, but is it the communists who killed them?
- You have asked about whether nuclear devastation on this planet would effect the Sankirtana Movement. No, there is nothing that can stop the Sankirtana Movement
- You should be violent (in order to punish a thief)?