Questions On... Language, Literature
Pages in category "Questions On... Language, Literature"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- Did He (Krsna) translate it into English?
- Do they speak Kashmiri language, the people, or is it Hindi?
- Do you sing any hymns, kirtanas in Bengali also?
- Do you use the word guru?
- Does one attain a consciousness that is beyond words? Or, I dare say, is there a communication that is not the word itself but perhaps a vibration which is much like sound or sound itself? Is there something else beside the verbal? Talk?
- Don't you find it extremely difficult to get the literal meaning from the Sanskrit to the English?
- Have you got any French literature of conception (indistinct)?
- He (Sanskrit scholar) does not want to learn (English) ?
- He asks if we have to be disciple, do we have to know Sanskrit or to learn Sanskrit?
- He asks what language we use when we read Bhagavad-gita?
- He sounded like this? He (Krsna) talked like that, like the birds talk?
- He thought the word (electricity) did not exist at the time?
- He was speaking in English (Aurobindo never preached in Hindi)?
- He's asking you how to translate a French word, "au revoir."... How do you translate into English?
- How do you call devotion to the Lord?
- I wanted to know if Bhagavad-gita As It Is, you'd have to read Sanskrit, wouldn't you?
- I'm doing also comparative studies between those in the Sanskrit and Tamil. Do you know Tamil?
- If you don't pronounce the Sanskrit prayers that are in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Would there be any effect if they're not pronounced properly?
- In Bhagavad-gita when it states that "Supersoul," in American terms is this known as your astral body?
- In Tibetan literature, there's a concept that there is 72,000 years allotted?
- Is it necessary to know of the Indian language when you join?
- Is it nityah anityanam or nityah nityanam?
- Is it the same you found in all over the world, everybody speak the language, English-speaking language, you went and you did the same thing, you went up there, chant, and with the miracle of Lord Krsna you received your devotees and disciples?
- Is there any plan to translate into English? Is there any plan to translate Jiva Gosvami's Jiva-bhasya?
- Isn't speech, which is the articulation of the intellect, the primary difference between man and the animals in the sense that is it not through words that one can come to understand God?
- It is a fact though that the repository of Indian culture and religion is Sanskrit. So are you saying then that the harijanas or these class of people...?
- Prabhupada, what do you think about the German translation work? I know it must go on. But isn't there some way to increase it, to make it go more quickly?
- Pradyumna told me that it's available in Bengali (Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada's surya-siddhanta), Srila Prabhupada?
- Printed in America (another thing, the Hindi photographic pages, if you send to Los Angeles, the books can be printed there)?... What language? Hindi?
- Professor Chenique wishes to know, would it not be more valuable if our men spoke Sanskrit and could translate directly from the Sanskrit into French?
- Sanskrit word for..., yajna?
- Should I read the translation (of "Nature, the Enjoyer and Consciousness") in Hindi?
- Sir, do you not consider it advisable to get the judgment that the Americans have translated into Indian so we can look?
- So in Navadvipa, will the instruction be in English or in Bengali?
- Srila Prabhupada? Prabhavisnu has some Bengali articles. Should I call Bhakti-caru to read them?
- That word "mess," by that word he (Bhaktisiddhanta) meant eating, messing, eating?
- The less capitals, the better?
- There are different way to express oneself or different languages one can learn. Similarly, I would think there would be different ways to get to consciousness? Other way?
- To understand a mode. Is a mode a personality?
- Today the only time they use the word God is when they are swearing and they are calling on God to damn someone else. Why is such language there? Why are they doing like that?
- Vasisthan karman vikarman? "Vi—" is generally used as to... a sort of bhaktya. To give the quality of the karma, quality of the action. Like vijnanam, jnanam vijnanam. Karman vikarman. So this a little, what is the root of the language? I don't...
- Visakha was wondering who..., if you have any idea or choice who should do the Hindi translation or Bengali translation and speaking for the film like this. Did you have anyone in particular in mind, or inquiry should be made?
- We are speaking now. We are making pictures of reality as we speak with our language, with our words. Do these words have more content in themselves, or are they simply pictures of reality?
- What about any history? World history or American history or American literature or English literature?
- What about literatures (should be taught)? When they get older, of course. This would be for when they are older.
- What about the statement: jnani tv atmaivam eva tvam?
- What does mellow mean?
- What does the Sanskrit sound like? Is Srimad-Bhagavatam to be chanted?
- What is meant, "halo" and "effulgence"? That word meaning, "halo"? Prabha?
- What is that root (when sastra fails, then according to sastra, there is sastra. Sastra means weapon. Both of them come from the sas-dhatu)?
- What is the definition of science?
- What language, master, was your books originally written in?
- When the a-h with the dot is in the middle of the verse should it always be pronounced clearly, a-ha. Adhi-yajña-ha, or is it more like adhi-yajña?
- When we use the word "natural," though we usually refer to it as "according to the laws of nature," but a person who's also "natural," would he not come to Krsna consciousness or would he not pursue Krsna consciousness?
- Which book would you like to have translated into Russian?
- Who came yesterday. Sanskrit, he (Dr. Sharma) knows Sanskrit well? From Hardwar?
- Who wrote the other Lord Caitanya? That other play?
- Why do they say "sala"? Why is that abominable?
- Why do we say chant, but not sing?
- Why the four Vedas are written in a different type of sanskrit from classical?
- Why there are three words, karma, vikarma, akarma? There are three
- Will mantras lose their sanctity if they are not in Sanskrit?
- Will this center also be a place of learning for Sanskrit studies and allied topics?
- Would your Guru Maharaja tell a lot of Bengali proverbs, Srila Prabhupada?
- Yes, we have lost. That is right. And we are gaining it again. The heaven is lost; heaven may be regained. (laughs) What is that, Milton's?
- You'll be answering in Hindi or English?
- Your Divine Grace, there is Mukunda-mala-stotra by Kulasekhara Maharaja. Are there any translations of that in the English and other languages? (indistinct) ...slokas with you (indistinct) Krsna mantra?
- Your knowledge of Sanskrit, this is one of your basic interests?