Bhaktivinoda | Bhaktivinoda's | Bhaktivinode | Bhaktivinode's
- Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Caitanya and Bhaktivinoda Thakura (4 P)
Pages in category "Bhaktivinoda Thakura"
The following 199 pages are in this category, out of 199 total.
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura advises...
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Mayapur
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said that a Vaisnava is he who has helped others become Vaisnavas
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura on qualifications of a pure Vaisnava
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura was a magistrate, a responsible government officer
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura was magistrate, and one person in Orissa, he declared himself that "I am Visnu"...
- Confirmed by Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- Footsteps of Srila Bhaktivinoda
- A false acarya may try to override a Vaisnava by a high-court decision, but Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that he is nothing but a disciple of Kali-yuga
- A person who is actually a follower of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura must immediately accept the request of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu by offering respectful obeisances unto His lotus feet and thus beg from Him the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- A true representative of the Lord like Narada, Sukadeva Gosvami, Lord Caitanya, the six Gosvamis and later Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, etc., can deliver all people by their empowered devotional service
- Although Bhaktivinoda Thakura was a family man and magistrate, he still executed devotional service most excellently
- An explanation of verses 8 through 15 (CC Madhya Chap. 22) is given by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya
- As stated by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, "The purport is that one can realize life’s perfection simply by satisfying the Supreme Personality of Godhead." This is also confirmed in Srimad-Bhagavatam - SB 1.2.13
- As stated by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, some people, usually very rich men, dress like Vaisnavas and give charity to brahmanas
- Aula, baula, kartabhaja, neda, daravesa, sani sahajiya, sakhibheki, smarta, jata-gosani, they have been condemned by Bhaktivinoda Thakura, smarta and jata-gosani. Smarta-pandita. Very serious about performing ceremonial rituals, they are called smartas
- Bhagavad-gita As It Is is received through this disciplic succession: 22) Lord Caitanya, 23) Rupa (Svarupa, Sanatana), 24) Raghunatha, Jiva, 25) Krsnadasa, 26) Narottama, 27) Visvanatha, 28) (Baladeva) Jagannatha, 29) Bhaktivinode. BG 1972 Introduction
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura annotates that this Gopala Deity (Ksira-cora) was originally installed by Vajra, the great-grandson of Krsna
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura asked Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura to accept Gaura-kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja as his spiritual master
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura asks the living entity why he is being carried away in these bodily machines to be placed in so many different circumstances. He advises that one surmount the waves of maya by surrendering unto Krsna
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said, ei 'ta kali-cela: here is a disciple of Kali. Nake tilaka galai mala: but has got a tilaka on the forehead and neckbeads on the neck, but is kali-cela - number one disciple of Kali
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has stated: mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai. We are like straws on the waves of the ocean, and we are fully under the control of the waves
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung that namasraya kari thakaha apana kaje: "Take shelter of hari-nama and remain in your own profession"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has taught that our tongue is very fastidious, wants to eat this thing, that thing, this thing, that thing
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura indicates that there is another Vaisnava, a pseudo Vaisnava with tilaka on his nose and kanthi beads around his neck. Such a pseudo Vaisnava associates with money and women and is jealous of successful Vaisnavas
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura is an ideal guru
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura married twice. Caitanya Mahaprabhu married twice. What is the wrong there? One has to become pure devotee, that's all
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura remarks that even a maha-bhagavata, or highly elevated devotee who has surrendered himself unto the lotus feet of Krsna, sometimes falls down from pure devotional service if he hears the Mayavada philosophy of the Sariraka-bhasya
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura said that this network of ignorance, where the senses are like black cobra, out of all those senses the tongue is the greatest black cobra
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura said, "I am going, my work unfinished"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura said, "Out of all the senses, the tongue is very difficult to control, formidable enemy." So in order to control the tongue, He has given nice prasadam
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura said: When one surrenders to Lord Visnu, one must be prepared to abide by His orders in all circumstances, whether He kills one or gives one protection. Lord Visnu must be worshiped in all circumstances
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura sang: My dear Lord, I cannot remember when I somehow or other fell into this ocean of nescience, and now I can find no way to rescue myself
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that a pseudo Vaisnava is not a Vaisnava at all but a disciple of Kali-yuga
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that he is desireless because Krsna will give him protection in all circumstances. It is not that he expects any assistance from Krsna; he simply depends on Krsna just as a child depends on his parents
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "It is very difficult to conquer the tongue in this world, but You, dear Krsna, are very kind to us. You have sent this nice prasada to help us conquer the tongue"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "let us take this prasada to our full satisfaction and glorify Your Lordships Sri Sri Radha and Krsna and in love call for the help of Lord Caitanya and Prabhu Nityananda"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "O Lord! This material body is a lump of ignorance, and the senses are a network of paths leading to death"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "Somehow or other we have fallen into the ocean of material sense enjoyment, and of all the senses the tongue is the most voracious and uncontrollable"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "When the universe becomes ecstatic, my desire is satisfied. I pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that this chanting of harer nama (CC Adi 17.21) may go on nicely like this
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, anadi karama-phale, padi 'bhavarnava-jale, taribare na dekhi upaya. If we are thrown into the ocean, there is a great struggle, even if we may be very great swimmers
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, kita janma hao yatha tuya dasa. Thus he prays to take birth as an insignificant insect in the association of devotees. Because devotees are engaged in the service of the Lord, anyone who lives with them also lives in Vaikuntha
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says: mayara vase yaccho bhese. "You are being washed away, carried away, by the currents." The currents also described. The first current is hunger. The second current is thirst. Similarly another current, janma mrtyu
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings, (miche) mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai: "Why are you being carried away by the waves of the illusory energy in various phases of dreaming and wakefulness? These are all creations of maya"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings, marabi rakhabi-yo iccha tohara: "O Lord (Krsna), I fully surrender unto Your lotus feet. Now, as You desire, You may protect me or annihilate me. You have the full right to do either"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: I do not mind being born there (in the home of Krsna's devotee) even as an insignificant creature like an insect
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura states, krsna bada dayamaya, karibare jihva jaya, sva-prasada-anna dila bhai: in order to conquer the tongue, Krsna has been very merciful and has given us nice food that has been offered to Him
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura therefore says, jada-vidya yata mayara vaibhava tomara bhajane badha: "Materialistic studies are the glare of maya only, for they are an obstacle to spiritual progress."
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura warns - Don’t be carried away by the waves of maya. Just surrender to the lotus feet of Krsna, and all miseries will end
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura was a great, responsible government officer, magistrate, but a great devotee of the Lord, and he's one of the acaryas
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura was against giving sannyasa. He didn't like these babajis. They were markata-vairagya, superficially . . . markata-vairagya means monkey. They live naked, eat fruits, live in the jungle. That is vairagya. But three dozen wives
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura's great desire was that the Americans would come here and develop this place and they would chant and dance along with the Indians
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura's wife became very much disturbed that, "You arrested Visnu, and we are all going to die. We have got now high fever." Bhaktivinoda Thakura replied, "Yes, let us all die, but this rascal must be punished."
- Bhaktivinode Thakura desired that American disciple would come to Mayapur to take advantage of the birthplace of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Bhaktivinode Thakura sung, praying to the Lord, that he would prefer to take His birth as an ant in the house of a devotee than to take birth as powerful as Brahma without any devotional service
- Bhaktivinode Thakura used to say all difficult tasks he had to execute for Krishna were considered as great pleasure for him
- By disciplic succession, Bhaktivinoda Thakura, then my spiritual master. Then we are trying our level best. Similarly, you will also try your level best on the same principle. Then it will go on
- By giving others the remnants of my food, I (Baktivinoda Thakura) shall consider myself superior and shall be burdened with the weight of false pride. Therefore, always remaining your surrendered disciple, I shall not accept worship from anyone else
- By his (Bhaktivinod's) prayers to the Lord he had as his child Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja, who at the present moment is preaching the philosophy of Lord Caitanya throughout the entire world through his bona fide disciples
- By his (Bhaktivinoda Thakur's) prayers to the Lord he had as his child Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja, who at the present moment is preaching the philosophy of Lord Caitanya throughout the entire world through his bona fide disciples
- Caitanya dasa, the eldest son of Sivananda Sena, wrote a commentary on Krsna-karnamrta that was later translated by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his paper Sajjana-tosani
- Commenting on the word parama-vaisnava (in CC Antya 13.92), Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that anyone who desires to merge into the existence of the Lord cannot be a pure Vaisnava
- Formerly they (the members of the kayastha community) were mostly government officers. They were mentioned even by Yajnavalkya, as quoted by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya
- Full self-surrender, therefore, means not only surrendering one's self as spirit soul, but also surrendering one's mind and body to the service of the Lord. Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur has sung a nice song in this connection
- Generally, if one can remain a brahmacari, it is very convenient, and from brahmacari one can take sannyasa. But in this age of kali Bhaktivinode Thakura recommends that it is better to cultivate Krishna Consciousness as a householder
- Guru-parampara, when we offer our respect, first our own spiritual master, then his spiritual master, then his spiritual master. In this way. But when putting article that should be the opposite. First Bhaktivinoda, then Bhaktisiddhanta, then my disciples
- I am especially interested in the land which I asked from you within the vicinity of Caitanya Math. This is in pursuance of the desire of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura and Srila Prabhupada. It is not for my personal use or satisfaction of personal whims
- I am not the greatest. I have got my spiritual master. He has got his spiritual master. He has got a spiritual master. In this way, we go up to Brahma who is the original spiritual master within this universe, who gave us the Vedic knowledge
- I am simply messenger. Mercy is of Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Prabhupada. Before your coming they predicted, that "Somebody will bring." Maybe that somebody I am. Bhaktivinoda Thakura predicted
- I have not received the Bengali Bhagavata Darsana yet. We want first class printing - offset method is cheaper and good. You may use Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura's translation of the Siksastakam
- I want to hold this (Mayapur) function this year with my students & I ask kindly serve me by making this possible. It's a very important day & will be a great service to Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura & His son Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura
- If any Vaisnava is writing song about Krishna, he should have realized himself what is Krishna, just like our great saints and acaryas like Madhvacarya, Ramanujacarya, Rupa Goswami, six Gosvamis, Bilvamangala, Bhaktivinode Thakura, like that
- If I (Baktivinoda Thakura) think I am a Vaisnava, I shall look forward to receiving respect from others. And if the desire for fame and reputation pollutes my heart, certainly I shall go to hell
- In his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura advises that one avoid remaining in Vrndavana for a very long time
- In his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states - Srimati Radharani is the creeper of love of Godhead, and the gopis are exactly like twigs, flowers and leaves
- In his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states - water sprinkled directly on the twigs, leaves and flowers is not as effective as water sprinkled on the creeper’s root
- In his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states - When water is sprinkled on the creeper, the twigs, flowers and leaves indirectly receive all the benefits of the creeper itself
- In his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that anubhava can be divided into thirteen categories
- In many instances they (the Mayavadis) were checked by the government, arrested and punished. In Orissa, Thakura Bhaktivinoda punished a so-called incarnation of Visnu who was imitating the rasa-lila with young girls
- In northwestern India, vaisyas are divided into various subdivisions. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura points out that they are divided as Agarwala, Kalawara and Sanwad
- In our disciplic line we have the example of a perfect householder paramahamsa - Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- In the Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that Vidyanagara is today known as Porbandar. There is another Porbandar in western India, in the province of Gujarat
- In the same order as Kardama Muni, about one hundred years ago, Thakura Bhaktivinoda also wanted to beget a child who could preach the philosophy and teachings of Lord Caitanya to the fullest extent
- In the words of Bhaktivinoda Thakura, anadi karama-phale, padi' bhavarnava jale. The living entity falls into the ocean of karma-bandhana as a result of past material activities
- In this connection (CC Adi 17.89) Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that once when Lord Caitanya was performing sankirtana a short way from the village, some clouds appeared overhead
- It is also worth mentioning the statement that Thakura Bhaktivinoda makes in this connection: The mystic who is engaged in the performance of the principle of loving service of Godhead is the highest of all mystics
- It was the desire of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura that Europeans and Americans would come here (Mayapur dhama) and chant Hare Krsna mantra. That prophecy is now being fulfilled, and that is my satisfaction
- Officially Bhaktivinode Thakura was like siksa guru of Gaura Kisora das Babaji Maharaja
- Our acharya Bhaktivinode Thakura was the perfect householder and we should take his example. How nice a householder he was and how nice children he produced; one of them is my Guru Maharaja. That is the example
- Our only ambition is that the birthsite of Bhaktivinode Thakura must be gorgeous and attractive so that people may come to see from all parts of the world
- Our spiritual master (Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura), who also took his birth in a Vaisnava family, got all inspirations from his great Vaisnava father, Thakura Bhaktivinoda. That is the way of all lucky Vaisnava families
- So in this disciplic succession, Lord Caitanya, from Lord Caitanya, the six Gosvamis, and similarly, coming down, down, Bhaktivinoda Thakura, then Gaurakisora dasa Babaji Maharaja, then my spiritual master, then we are, next generation, my disciples
- So we should pray to Bhaktivinoda Thakura that - We are your grandchildren, great-grandchildren, so we have got some right to beg some mercy from you
- Sri Bhagavan dasa Babaji Maharaja and Srila Gaurakisora dasa Babaji Maharaja, and later Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura of Calcutta, always engaged in nama-bhajana and certainly did not live anywhere but Vrndavana
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted devotees all over the world, and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura and Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura confirmed this. It is in pursuit of their will that the ISKCON movement is spreading all over the world
- Srila Bhaktivinoda mentions that the qualities of beauty, humility, mercy, merit, patience & expert intelligence are brilliant qualities, and when they are exhibited in the person of Narayana, one should know that they are bestowed upon Narayana by Krsna
- Srila Bhaktivinoda remarks that after one adopts the renounced order & accepts the dress of either a sannyasi or a babaji, if he entertains the idea of sense gratification the only atonement is to commit suicide at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura advised: "My friend, you are being washed away in material nature's waves of time. Please try to understand that you are the eternal servant of the Lord. Then everything will stop, and you will be eternally happy"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Prabhupada desired to fulfill this great prediction, and we are following in their footsteps
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura comments that in all Vedic scriptures the jiva-tattva, the truth of the living entities, is mentioned to be one of the energies of the Lord
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura confirms that one has to learn from a bona fide spiritual master about religious principles, economic development, sense gratification and ultimately liberation. These are the four divisions of regulated life
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura considers the brahma-bhuta stage in two divisions - svarupa-gata and vastu-gata
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has given some practical hints to the effect that an uttama-adhikari Vaisnava can be recognized by his ability to convert many fallen souls to Vaisnavism
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has recommended: vaisnava thakura tomara kukkura bhuliya janaha more, krsna se tomara krsna dite para. One should desire to become like a dog in strictly following a devotee
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said that a Vaisnava is he who has helped others become Vaisnavas. An example of one who has converted many others into Vaisnavas is Narada Muni
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said that a Vaisnava is recognized by his preaching work - that is, by convincing the conditioned soul about his eternal position, which is explained here (in CC Madhya 20.6) as nija-dharma
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said, mayara vase, yaccha bhese, khaccha habudubu, bhai. A person under the grip of the material energy is carried away by the waves of that illusory energy
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has stated that if one has developed faith in Krsna consciousness, he is to be considered an eligible candidate for further advancement in Krsna consciousness
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung in his Gitavali: miche mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai. "My dear mind, under the influence of maya you are being carried away by the waves of rejection and acceptance. Simply take shelter of Krsna"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung in his Kalyana-kalpataru: samsare asiya prakrti bhajiya ‘purusa’ abhimane mari
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung, anadi karama-phale, padi' bhavarnava jale, taribare na dekhi upaya: Due to my past fruitive activities I have fallen into the water of material existence, and I cannot find any way to get out of it
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung, kesava tuya jagata vicitra: "My dear Lord, Your creation is full of varieties." The varieties are one and at the same time different. This is the philosophy of acintya-bhedabheda-tattva
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: Because of my past fruitive activities, I have now fallen into an ocean of nescience. I cannot find any means to get out of this great ocean, which is indeed like an ocean of poison
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: I feel a burning sensation constantly, day and night, and thus my mind cannot find satisfaction
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: My dear brothers, sometimes you are drowning in the waves of material nature, and sometimes you are tossed like a swimmer struggling in the ocean
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: My dear brothers, you are being carried away by the waves of material energy and are suffering in many miserable conditions
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: namasraya kari' yatane tumi, thakaha apana kaje. Everyone is thus advised to seek shelter in the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and remain engaged in his own occupational duty
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: vaisnava thakura tomara kukura baliya janaha more. In this way Bhaktivinoda Thakura offers to become a Vaisnava's dog
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: vrddha kala aola saba sukha bhagala. When one becomes old, it becomes impossible to enjoy material happiness
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: We are trying to be happy through sense enjoyment, but actually that so-called enjoyment is like food that is too hot and causes burning in the heart
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has therefore said that the advancement of material knowledge renders a person more foolish, because it causes one to forget his real identity by its glimmer
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura informs us that this letter (mentioned in CC Madhya 20.3) from Rupa Gosvami to Sanatana Gosvami is mentioned by the annotator of the Udbhata-candrika
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura interprets this verse (Vidagdha-madhava 1.10) in two ways, for Lord Krsna and for Srimati Radharani. When interpreted for Krsna, the night is understood to have been a dark-moon night
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura interprets this verse (Vidagdha-madhava 1.10) in two ways, for Lord Krsna and for Srimati Radharani. When interpreted for Srimati Radharani, it is considered to have been a full-moon night
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura points out that there are thirty-five items up to the point of observing special vows in the month of Kartika
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura said that the position of a Vaisnava can be tested by seeing how good a touchstone he is - that is, by seeing how many Vaisnavas he has made during his life
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya that when a man and woman are married, they beget children and are thus entangled in family life. Talk concerning such family life is called gramya-katha
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that Ambuya-muluka is the present Ambika, a city in the Vardhamana district of West Bengal
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that Caitanya was given lessons by a teacher named Visnu and another teacher named Sudarsana. Later on, when He was a little grown up, He was under the care of Gangadasa Pandita, who taught Him grammar of a higher standard
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that one who has full love for the SPG and who maintains a good friendship with the Lord’s devotees is always callous to those who envy Krsna and Krsna's devotees. Such a person is to be considered an intermediate devotee
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that Srila Kaviraja Gosvami has recorded the names of the holy places visited by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu but that there is no chronological order of the places visited
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that there are three varieties of invitations - those in the mode of goodness, those in passion and those in ignorance
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says there was a commentary on grammar named Panji-tika that was later explained very lucidly by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai: "My dear brother, the spirit soul is completely under the control of maya, and you are being carried away by its waves"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, tara madhye jihva ati, lobhamaya sudurmati. Among the senses, the tongue is the most formidable enemy of the conditioned soul. Urged by the tongue, one commits many sinful activities
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings, (miche) mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai: "My dear living entities within this material world, why are you being carried away by the waves of the modes of material nature
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings, tumi ta' thakura, tomara kukura, baliya janaha more: "O my Lord, O Vaisnava, please consider me your dog." One must become the dog of a Vaisnava, a pure devotee, for a pure devotee can deliver Krsna without difficulty
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: "My dear living entity, why are you being carried away by the waves of maya?"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: "My dear Lord, whatever I have - even my mind, the center of all material necessities. namely my home, my body and whatever I have in connection with this body - I now surrender unto You"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: "You (God) are now completely independent to act however You like. If You like, You can kill me, and if You like, You can save me. In any case, I am Your eternal servant and You have every right to do whatever You like."
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: If you (living entities) simply catch hold of Krsna and take shelter of His lotus feet, you will once again get free from all the miserable material conditions
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: My dear living entities, you are being carried away by the waves of material nature. Sometimes you are on the surface, sometimes you are being drowned. In this way your eternal life is being spoiled
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: My Lord, if You want me to take birth and accept a material body again, kindly do me this favor: allow me to take birth in the home of Your servant, Your devotee
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that according to the Buddhist cult there are two ways of understanding philosophy. One is called Hinayana, and the other is called Mahayana
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that all men and women are floating like straws on the waves of material nature. If they come to the understanding that they are the eternal servants of Krsna, they will put an end to this floating condition
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that when Sanatana Gosvami was a government minister and the kayasthas who assisted him saw that he was reluctant to continue, they became very expert in their duties
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura therefore says in a song, miche mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai: "Why are you suffering? Why are you sometimes being drowned in the waves of material nature and sometimes coming to the surface?"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura was a responsible officer and a householder, yet his service to the cause of expanding the mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is unique
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in a song (Saranagati 31.3): May I visit all the holy places associated with the lilas of Lord Caitanya and His devotees
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya: Srila Ramananda Raya composed a drama named Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, a great acarya, maintained that all forms of material knowledge are merely external features of the illusory energy and that by culturing them one becomes no better than an ass. This same principle is found here in Isopanisad
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, in clarifying verses 171-179 (of CC Madhya 15.179), states that the meaning of these stanzas is very simple but that the purport is a little difficult to understand
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura’s translation of the original Sanskrit reads as follows: The love of the gopis for Krsna is full of transcendental ecstasy
- Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura said that materialistic knowledge is another expansion of the influence of Maya. The result of material education is that the living entity forgets his own identification
- Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura wanted that the American and European devotees would come to Mayapur and the prophecy is now fulfilled
- Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura was also a householder, but he lived in so perfect Krishna Consciousness that he is better than many Sannyasis like us
- Thakura Bhaktivinode, in the year of my birth, first attempted to introduce these missionary activities in McGill University and the same attempt is being renovated by your combined efforts
- The conditioned soul is actually sleeping on the lap of the illusory energy. Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung, kota nidra yao maya-pisacira kole: "O living entity, how long will you sleep in this condition on the lap of the illusory energy?"
- The disciplic succession from Brahma is called the Brahma-sampradaya, and it descends as follows: Visvanatha Cakravarti, Jagannatha dasa Babaji, Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Gaurakisora dasa Babaji, Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- The easiest way to attain spiritual elevation, to be liberated from this material world, and to go back home, back to Godhead, is recommended by Bhaktivinoda Thakura: krsnera samsara kara chadi' anacara
- The explanation of the horoscope given by Bhaktivinoda Thakura is that at the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Sukra (Venus) was in Mesa-rasi (Aries) and the naksatra (lunar mansion) of Asvini
- The ISKCON has already constructed a big temple at Mayapur, Navadvipa, which is being visited by devotees from all parts of the world, as foretold by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and anticipated by Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- The ksetra-sannyasi lives in these places alone or with his family. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura considers ksetra-sannyasa to be the preferable vanaprastha situation in this Age of Kali
- The members of the kayastha community in India are generally very intelligent and expert in business management. Formerly they were mostly government officers. They were mentioned even by Yajnavalkya, as quoted by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- The priests who guide the Kalawaras and the Sanwadas are called Sanodiya brahmanas. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that the word sanoyada in Bengal indicates suvarna-vanik
- The statements of Thakura Bhaktivinode are as good as scriptures because he is liberated person
- The word visvasa means - faithful, and a visvasi is a person in whom one can place faith. Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura states that during the Muslim reign in Bengal, there was a secretariat entitled visvasa-khana
- There is a notebook of Govinda dasa's containing a chronological order and references to geographical positions. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura requests the readers to refer to that book
- There were many complaints against the so-called incarnation. At that time Bhaktivinoda Thakura was a magistrate, and the government deputed him to deal with that rascal, and he punished him very severely
- These items (the manuscripts of Bhaktivinoda Thakura) are very, very priceless and are a great treasure house of Vaisnava lore, so be very careful in the matter and take all precautions to guard them
- These statements (CC Madhya 8.192) are set forth for our understanding, according to Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya
- This (CC Madhya 10.55) is the process of surrender. As Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: manasa, deha, geha, yo kichu mora, arpilun tuya pade nanda-kisora! - Saranagati
- This (CC Madhya 6.103) verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 11.5.32) is explained by Sri Jiva Gosvami in his Krama-sandarbha, as quoted by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in regard to the explanation of Adi-lila, Third Chapter, verse 52
- This is doom for him (Bhaktivinod Thakhura), because this human form of life is meant for getting out of the material contamination. By the advancement of material knowledge, people are becoming more and more entangled in material existence
- To understand the difference between svayam-rupa, tad-ekatma-rupa, avesa, prabhava and vaibhava, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has given the following description. In the beginning, Krsna has three bodily features
- Under the instructions of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja began preaching the Krsna consciousness movement in an organized way within the past hundred years
- Unfortunately, in this Age of Kali there are many mundane persons in the dress of Vaisnavas, and Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has described them as disciples of Kali. He says, kali-cela
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part one - Bhaktivinoda Thakura. He's asking everyone to rise early in the morning. Vibhavari sesa, the night is over, aloka-pravesa, the glimpses of sunlight are there, now you get up
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part two - Bhaktivinoda Thakura is requesting everyone, "Now you chant all these different names of the Lord, and save me"
- We are satisfied with following in the footsteps of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and other acaryas
- We do not belong to any faction. But because the two parties, busy dividing the material assets of the Gaudiya Matha institution, stopped the preaching work, we took up the mission of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura and Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- We may also sing the songs of Narottama dasa Thakura, Bhaktivinoda Thakura & Locana dasa Thakura, but these two songs - "sri-krsna-caitanya" & Hare Krsna maha-mantra, are sufficient to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although we cannot see Him
- We should adore, we should worship Bhaktivinoda Thakura, because in the modern age he reintroduced the disciplic succession
- We want that you learn from Bhaktivinoda Thakura, you learn from Vyasadeva, you learn from Narada. But why you are learning from Freud, from Darwin and such rascals? Education means you should learn from a person who is authorized
- Whatever is to be learned of the teachings of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura can be learned from our books. There is no need whatsoever for any outside instruction
- When sorting articles, first Bhaktivinoda, then Bhaktisiddhanta, then my, then my disciples
- When they chant and dance, I simply remember Bhaktivinoda Thakura. That's all. I pray to Bhaktivinoda Thakura, "Now they have come to your shelter. Give them protection." That's all. What can I do more? I cannot do anything more
- You complain that as a householder it is very difficult. Especially you want to preach. There are examples of great preachers who were householders, such as Bhaktivinode thakur, although we cannot hope to imitate him
- You may continue to photograph all the manuscripts of Bhaktivinode Thakura & other great acaryas in our Vaisnava line, but for now do not photograph anything of Lalita Prasad's manuscripts. When I go there I shall see. First of all let us see BT's works
- You may have a picture of me one month, then Guru Maharaja, then Gaura Kisora das Babaji, then Bhaktivinode Thakura, then Jagannatha das Babaji, then Lord Caitanya. This will be very nice, showing the Guru Parampara