View an introduction to Haridāsa Ṭhākura - a glorious personality at Vanipedia.
"Haridasa Thakura"|"Thakura Haridasa"
- Haridāsa Ṭhākura
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Haridasa Thakura"
The following 285 pages are in this category, out of 285 total.
- Festival of Sri Haridasa Thakura's passing away
- Footsteps of Srila Haridasa Thakura
- Haridasa Thakura as acarya of the holy name
- Haridasa Thakura avoided allurement
- Haridasa Thakura is called namacarya
- Haridasa Thakura is exceptional for his forbearance because although he was beaten with canes in twenty-two marketplaces, he was nevertheless tolerant
- Haridasa Thakura used to chant the holy name of Krsna 300,000 times a day without fail
- When Haridasa Thakura was a young devotee of the Lord, he was similarly allured by the incarnation of Maya-devi, but Haridasa easily passed the test because of his unalloyed devotion to Lord Krsna
- Actually one has to chant twenty-four hours daily, just like Thakura Haridasa, who was chanting the Hare Krsna mantra three hundred thousand times daily. Indeed, he had no other business
- Advaita Acarya replied, "My dear Haridasa, do not be afraid. I shall behave strictly according to the principles of the revealed scriptures"
- Advaita Acarya said, "feeding you is equal to feeding ten million brahmanas. Therefore, accept this sraddha-patra." Thus Advaita Acarya made him eat
- Advaita Acarya took prasadam with Mukunda and Haridasa, and they all wholeheartedly ate as much as they desired
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- Advaita Gosvami after performing the sraddha ceremony for his father, offered charity to Haridasa Thakura, although it was known to everyone that Haridasa Thakura was born in a Mohammedan family, not a brahmana family
- Advaita Prabhu asserted that by offering the first dish to Haridasa Thakura, he was getting the result of feeding one hundred thousand brahmanas
- After coming there, the woman offered obeisances to the tulasi plant, and after circumambulating the tulasi plant she came to the door of the cave where Haridasa Thakura was sitting
- After leaving his home, Haridasa Thakura stayed for some time in the forest of Benapola
- After many millions upon millions of births, when one is complete in absolute knowledge, one still may not attain liberation, yet this man (Haridasa Thakura) says that one may attain it simply by the awakening of a glimpse of the holy name
- After offering her obeisances to the tulasi plant and Haridasa Thakura, she sat down at the door. Hearing Haridasa Thakura chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, she also chanted, "O my Lord Hari, O my Lord Hari"
- After offering obeisances to Haridasa Thakura, the woman said, “I am the illusory energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I came here to test you
- After offering obeisances to the tulasi plant and Haridasa Thakura, she sat down on the threshold of the room. Thus she began to hear Haridasa Thakura's chanting, and she also personally chanted "Hari, Hari," the holy name of the Lord
- After offering obeisances to the tulasi plant, she went to the door of Haridasa Thakura, offered him obeisances and stood there
- After reciting this verse, Haridasa Thakura said, "O learned scholars, please explain the meaning of this verse." But the audience requested Haridasa Thakura, "It is better for you to explain the meaning of this important verse"
- After requesting all the devotees to return home, the Lord decided to go to Jagannatha Puri. At that time Haridasa Thakura began to cry and speak some pathetic words
- After saying this, Haridasa Thakura continued to chant the holy name of the Lord. Thus the woman sitting before him began to hear the chanting of the holy name
- After speaking in this way, Maya worshiped the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura, who initiated her by saying, "Just perform chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- After the passing away of Haridasa Thakura, the Lord Himself took his body on His lap and danced with it in great ecstasy
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to meet Haridasa Thakura, and He saw him engaged in chanting the maha-mantra with ecstatic love. Haridasa chanted, "Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare"
- After thus being instructed by Haridasa Thakura, Maya left with great pleasure. Unfortunately, some people have no faith in these narrations
- After thus instructing the prostitute about the process of chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, Haridasa Thakura stood up and left, continuously chanting "Hari, Hari"
- All glories to Gadadhara Prabhu! All glories to Srivasa Thakura! All glories to Mukunda Prabhu and Vasudeva Prabhu! All glories to Haridasa Thakura
- All of you may now go to your homes. May Lord Krsna bestow His blessings upon you all. Do not be sorry because of my being insulted
- All the devotees then went to Haridasa Thakura, saying, "The Lord wants to meet you. Please come immediately"
- All the Vaisnava associates of the Lord were present, including Nityananda Prabhu, Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Mukunda, Jagadananda, Murari and Vakresvara
- Also hearing this auspicious news, Haridasa Thakura became very pleased. So also did Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta and Sivananda Sena
- Although Haridasa Thakura was the greatest of all Hindus in his behavior, he considered himself a Muhammadan and did not enter the temple. Lord Caitanya could understand his humility
- Although Maya came there at dead of night, very beautiful, attractive dress, attractive feature, attractive words - this is maya - so he (Haridasa Thakura) was not allured. Rather, the vesya, or the prostitute, became converted into a Vaisnavi
- Although Thakura Haridasa happened to take his birth in a Muslim family, he was elevated to the post of namacarya by Lord Caitanya due to his rigidly attended principle of chanting three hundred thousand holy names of the Lord daily
- Among the prostitutes, one attractive young girl was selected. She promised, "I shall attract the mind of Haridasa Thakura, within three days"
- Another two persons, Srikanta and Vallabha Sena, joined as responsive singers. In this group, the senior Haridasa (Haridasa Thakura) was the dancer
- As an example of pratisthasa, one may attempt to imitate Srila Haridasa Thakura by living in a solitary place. One's real desire may be for name and fame - in other words, one thinks that fools will accept one to be as good as Haridasa Thakura
- As long as the vow to chant is unfulfilled, I do not desire anything else. When I finish my chanting, then I have an opportunity to do anything
- As soon as this (HaridasThakura leaving that place) was settled, the snake actually crawled out of its hole in the cave and left the cave for good before everyone present
- At night the prostitute, after dressing herself most attractively, went to the cottage of Haridasa Thakura with great jubilation
- At that time Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, in His own house at Santipura, was dancing in a pleasing mood. Taking Haridasa Thakura with Him, He danced and loudly chanted Hare Krsna. But why they were dancing, no one could understand
- At the end of the night of the third day, the woman spoke to Haridasa Thakura as follows
- At the residence of Hiranya and Govardhana, discourses took place by which Haridasa Thakura was glorified. O devotees, please listen to that wonderful story
- Balarama Acarya, being favored by Haridasa Thakura, was very much attached to him. Therefore he kept Haridasa Thakura in the village with great care and attention
- Because his devotees were afraid of the snake and they were regularly visiting the cave, Thakura Haridasa agreed to the proposal on their account
- Because I am the lowest among men, I shall not be able to see You. How shall I maintain my sinful life
- Both Haridasa senior and Haridasa junior, who were musicians, as well as Ramai and Nandai, used to stay with Govinda
- Both of you are expert in understanding the mellows of Lord Krsna's devotional service. Therefore you should both continue relishing the taste for such activities and chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- By inducing a prostitute to disturb Haridasa Thakura, Ramacandra Khan caused a seed of offense at his lotus feet to germinate. This seed later became a tree, and when it fructified, Ramacandra Khan ate its fruits
- By no means could he find any fault in the character of Haridasa Thakura. Therefore he called for local prostitutes and began a plan to discredit His Holiness
- By no means could Ramacandra Khan find any fault in the character of Haridasa Thakura. Therefore he called for local prostitutes and began a plan to discredit His Holiness
- By the dictation of God, who lived also within the heart of the snake, it gave preference to Haridasa and decided to leave the place and not disturb him. This is a tangible example of how God gives protection to a bona fide devotee like Thakura Haridasa
- Caitanya revived the original Vedic system, and He elevated Thakura Haridasa to the position of namacarya, or the authority in preaching the glories of the holy name of the Lord, although His Holiness was pleased to appear in a family of Mohammedans
- Certainly the chanting of 300,000 holy names of the Lord is wonderful. No ordinary person can chant so many names, nor should one artificially imitate Haridasa Thakura's behavior
- Devotional service is the path of vairagya-vidya (renunciation and knowledge). Haridasa Thakura was following this path, but Ramacandra Khan planned to induce him to break his vows
- Don't think that Krsna consciousness movement, those who are Krsna conscious, they'll become lazy and imitate Haridasa Thakura. That is not Krsna consciousness
- Don't think that: "Because I have become a devotee, there will be no danger, no suffering." Prahlada Maharaja suffered so much. The Pandavas suffered so much. Haridasa Thakura suffered so much. But we should not be disturbed by those sufferings"
- Even persons who are in this material existence can give up womanly attraction if they are attracted by the Supreme Brahman. Such was the case with Haridasa Thakura
- Even though Haridasa was born of a Muhammadan family, Advaita Prabhu offered him the first dish of prasada after the performance of a sacred fire ceremony
- Everyone there began to speak of Haridasa Thakura's great qualities as if they had five mouths. Hearing this, both brothers were extremely happy
- Everyone was eulogizing Haridasa Thakura, such a great devotee. So the zamindar, the village zamindar, he became very much envious. So he employed one prostitute to pollute Haridasa Thakura
- Exposing part of her body to his view, she sat down on the threshold of the door and spoke to him in very sweet words
- Following in the footsteps of her spiritual master (Haridasa Thakura), she (the prostitute) began chanting the holy name of Krsna 300,000 times a day. She chanted throughout the entire day and night
- Following the instructions of Haridasa Thakura, a pure Vaisnava does not personally take even a single paisa from anyone, but he induces his followers to spend for the service of the Lord whatever possessions they have
- For his bodily maintenance he would go to a brahmana's house and beg some food. He was spiritually so influential that all the neighboring people worshiped him
- For three days she approached Haridasa Thakura in this way, exhibiting various feminine postures that would bewilder the mind of even Lord Brahma
- Formerly I received the holy name of Lord Rama from Lord Siva, but now, due to your association, I am greatly eager to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna
- From Benapola, Haridasa Thakura went to the village known as Candapura, where he lived at the house of Balarama Acarya
- Haridasa said, "My dear Lord, what You have spoken deals with external formalities. I do not accept it"
- Haridasa said, "My Lord, as long as You are situated within the material world, You will send to the spiritual sky all the developed moving and nonmoving living entities in different species"
- Haridasa Thakura accepted food daily at the house of Advaita Acarya. Meeting together, the two of them would taste the nectar of discourses on the subject matter of Krsna
- Haridasa Thakura also spoke with a young woman, a prostitute, in the dead of night, but the woman could not deviate his mind. Instead, she became a Vaisnavi, a pure devotee, by the benediction of Haridasa Thakura
- Haridasa Thakura and the snake
- Haridasa Thakura asked Advaita Prabhu why He was doing something which might jeopardize His position in brahmana society. Advaita Prabhu replied that He was feeding millions of first-class brahmanas by offering the food to Haridasa Thakura
- Haridasa Thakura constructed a cottage in a solitary forest. There he planted a tulasi plant, and in front of the tulasi he would chant the holy name of the Lord 300,000 times daily. He chanted throughout the entire day and night
- Haridasa Thakura daily chanted 300,000 names. Sixteen rounds is about 28,000 names. There is no need to imitate Haridasa Thakura or the other Gosvamis, but chanting the holy name a fixed number of times daily is essential for every devotee
- Haridasa Thakura did not come to the Lord's meeting place but remained fallen flat on the common road at a distance
- Haridasa Thakura informed her "Today it will be possible for me to finish my chanting. Then I shall satisfy all your desires"
- Haridasa Thakura informed him (Advaita Prabhu) that he was born of a Muhammadan family and asked why Advaita Prabhu was offering the first dish to a Muhammadan instead of an elevated brahmana
- Haridasa Thakura later left Candapura and went to the house of Advaita Acarya, where he was tested by Mayadevi, the personification of the external energy. She also received his favor by being blessed with the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Haridasa Thakura lived for some time during the Caturmasya period in the village named Kulina-grama, where he chanted the holy name, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, and distributed his mercy to the descendants of the Vasu family
- Haridasa Thakura protested, "These two benedictions are not the true result of chanting the holy name. Actually, by chanting the holy name without offenses, one awakens his ecstatic love for the lotus feet of Krsna"
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "I cannot go near the temple because I am a low-caste, abominable person. I have no authority to go there"
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "I shall accept you without fail, but you will have to wait until I have finished chanting my regular rounds on my beads. Until that time, please sit and listen to the chanting of the holy name"
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "Immediately go home and distribute to the brahmanas whatever property you have. Then come back to this room and stay here forever in Krsna consciousness"
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "My dear Lord, do not be in anxiety. Do not be unhappy to see the condition of the yavanas in material existence"
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "My dear Lord, the deliverance of all moving and nonmoving living entities takes place only by Your mercy. You have already granted this mercy and delivered them"
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "We are falsely proud of our capabilities. Actually we cannot understand Your deep intentions"
- Haridasa Thakura said that the chanting of the holy names is so powerful that even if one chants in the remotest parts of the jungle, the trees and animals will advance in Krsna consciousness simply by hearing the vibration
- Haridasa Thakura said that the desired result of chanting the holy name of the Lord is not that one is liberated from material bondage or freed from the reactions of sinful life
- Haridasa Thakura said, "As the sun begins to rise, even before it is visible it dissipates the darkness of night"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "I am the most sinful and lowest among men. Later I shall eat one palmful of prasadam while waiting outside"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Advaita Acarya, let me submit something before Your Honor. Every day You give me alms of food to eat. What is the necessity of this"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear friend, what can I do? I have made a vow. How, then, can I give it up"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Lord, please do not touch me, for I am most fallen and untouchable and am the lowest among men"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Sir, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and are most merciful toward us. No one can understand what is within Your deeply affectionate heart"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "Why are you doubtful? The revealed scriptures say that one can attain liberation simply by a glimpse of offenseless chanting of the holy name"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "You are going to Jagannatha Puri, and that is all right, but what will be my destination? I am not able to go to Jagannatha Puri"
- Haridasa Thakura says that a great devotee of the Lord exclaims ha rama, ha rama, but although yavanas do not know the transcendental meaning of ha rama, ha rama, they say those words in the course of their ordinary life
- Haridasa Thakura then expressed his desire, "If I could just get a solitary place near the temple, I could stay there alone and pass my time"
- Haridasa Thakura told him, "There is no limit to your good fortune. No one can understand the glories of what you have described"
- Haridasa Thakura used to chant the holy name on his beads 300,000 times daily. Throughout the entire day and night, he would chant the sixteen names of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Haridasa Thakura walked until he came to the village known as Candapura. There he stayed at the house of Balarama Acarya
- Haridasa Thakura was afraid that Advaita Acarya would be put into some difficulty because of His familiarity with Haridasa Thakura
- Haridasa Thakura was always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and the holy name of Krsna. Therefore the feminine poses the woman exhibited were just like crying in the forest
- Haridasa Thakura was born in a Muslim family and was later recognized as a great Vaisnava, but nevertheless the brahmanas were very critical of him
- Haridasa Thakura was born in a village known as Budhana but after some time came to live on the bank of the Ganges at Phuliya, near Santipura
- Haridasa Thakura was immovable, for he was deeply determined. He began to speak to her, being very merciful toward her
- Haridasa Thakura was strictly renounced, and thus Ramacandra Khan called for prostitutes because prostitutes know how to break a man's vow of celibacy by their feminine influence and thus pollute a mendicant or a person engaged in devotional life
- Haridasa Thakura was the crown jewel on the head of this world; without him, this world is now bereft of its valuable jewel
- Haridasa Thakura was the greatest of all Hindus in his behavior
- Haridasa Thakura was the ideal spiritual master because he regularly chanted on his beads a prescribed number of times. Indeed, he was chanting the holy name of the Lord 300,000 times a day
- Haridasa Thakura was unhappy when he heard that the brahmana Gopala Cakravarti had been attacked by leprosy. Thus after informing Balarama Acarya, the priest of Hiranya Majumadara, he went to Santipura, the home of Advaita Acarya
- Haridasa Thakura's instruction that the prostitute should distribute to the brahmanas all the property she had at home is very significant
- Haridasa Thakura, although born in a mleccha or yavana family, became Namacarya Haridasa Thakura because he performed the nama-yajna a minimum of 300,000 times every day
- Haridasa Thakura, although certainly competent and qualified to enter the temple, did not want even to go near it. This is called Vaisnava humility
- Haridasa Thakura, fully surrendered to the lotus feet of Krsna, was always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna by chanting the holy names of the Lord 300,000 times daily as a vow
- Haridasa Thakura, he's called Brahma-Haridasa. Sometimes he is called Yavana-Haridasa. Yavana means Muslim or those who are not in the Vedic principles, yavana, mleccha
- Haridasa Thakura. Apani acari prabhu jivere sikhaya. He was preaching also the glorification of chanting Hare Krsna by personal example; therefore he is accepted as guru
- Haridasa was punished at the hands of the Kazi by being beaten in twenty-two marketplaces. Similarly, Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, and Prahlada Maharaja was put through so many tribulations
- Having made this resolution, Sanatana Gosvami went to Nilacala, where he asked directions from people and approached the residence of Haridasa Thakura
- He (Haridas Thakura) was apparently born in a family of Muhammadans, but because he was chanting the holy name of the Supreme Lord offenselessly, Lord Caitanya empowered him to become the authority, or acarya, of spreading the name
- He always accepted the good qualities of Vaisnavas and never found fault in them. He engaged his heart and soul only to satisfy the Vaisnavas
- He always heard the reading of Sri Caitanya-mangala, and all the other Vaisnavas used to hear it by his grace
- He said, "None of you are at fault. Indeed, even this ignorant so-called brahmana is not at fault, for he is accustomed to dry speculation and logic"
- He was gentle, tolerant, peaceful, magnanimous, grave, sweet in his words and very sober in his endeavors
- He was respectful to everyone and worked for the benefit of all. Diplomacy, envy and jealousy were unknown to his heart
- Hearing this, the prostitute remained sitting there while Haridasa Thakura chanted on his beads until the light of morning appeared
- Here are Murari Gupta, Pandita Narayana and Haridasa Thakura, the deliverer of the whole universe
- I always think of Myself as deserving no respect, but because of affection I always consider you to be like My little children
- I can understand from the words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that He wants you to write books about the conclusive decision of devotional service and about the regulative principles ascertained from the revealed scriptures
- I do not wish the servants of Lord Jagannatha to touch me. I would remain there in the garden alone. That is my desire
- I have described but a fragment of the glories of Haridasa Thakura. Hearing this satisfies the aural reception of every devotee
- I simply advise them that you regularly chant the sixteen rounds. Not more, you cannot make... You cannot imitate Haridasa Thakura
- I thought that today I would be able to finish my performance of yajna, my chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. I tried my best to chant the holy name all night, but I still did not finish
- If we stick to the principle of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra offenselessly, then, by the grace of Srila Haridasa Thakura, we may be saved from the allurement of women
- In Candapura lived Balarama Acarya and Yadunandana Acarya, the priests of these two personalities, and when Haridasa Thakura went there he lived with them
- In that temple the chief servitor was Sri Haridasa Pandita. His qualities and fame are known all over the world
- In the Caitanya-mangala, Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura has described the attributes of Haridasa Thakura to some extent
- In the front party danced Thakura Haridasa, and in the middle party danced Advaita Acarya with great jubilation
- In the village, Haridasa Thakura was given a solitary thatched cottage, where he performed the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. He accepted prasadam at the house of Balarama Acarya
- In this way (by imitating Haridas Thakura) the heart is again filled with dirty things and becomes harder and harder, like that of a materialist. Gradually one desires to become a reputed devotee or an avatara (incarnation)
- In this way Srila Rupa Gosvami passed his time in close association with Haridasa Thakura by discussing the pastimes of Lord Krsna in great happiness
- In this way the two of them passed their time discussing subjects concerning Krsna. Thus they enjoyed life together
- It is said that He (The Lord) accepts offerings to the mouths of brahmanas and Vaisnavas with even greater relish. The best example of this is found in the life of Advaita Prabhu in his dealings with Haridasa Thakura
- It is very good that you have arrived here. Now stay in this room with Haridasa Thakura
- It was mentioned in the assembly that Haridasa Thakura chanted the holy names of Krsna 300,000 times a day. Thus all the learned scholars began to discuss the glories of the holy name
- Last ceremony of Haridasa Thakura
- Last night you were disappointed. Please excuse my offense. I shall certainly accept you
- Like the full moon, he illuminated the entire assembly of Vaisnavas by speaking Sri Caitanya-mangala, and by the nectar of his qualities he increased their transcendental bliss
- Lord Krishna's death being caused by the arrow of a hunter, Thakura Haridasa's being caned in 22 market or Lord Jesus Christ being crucified are all acts of the Lord personally. We cannot always understand the intricacies of such incidences
- My dear friend (Haridasa Thakura), she (Mayadevi) said, you are the friend of the entire world. You are so beautiful and qualified. I have come here only for union with you
- My dear Haridasa and Sanatana, I think of you as My little boys, to be maintained by Me. The maintainer never takes seriously any faults of the maintained
- My dear Lord, all the incidents that took place while You were going to Vrndavana through the forest known as Jharikhanda have been related to me by Your servant Balabhadra Bhattacarya
- My dear Lord, O master of the universe, since I have directly seen You, my transcendental bliss has taken the shape of a great ocean - CC Adi 7.98
- My dear Lord, O master of the universe, since I have directly seen You, my transcendental bliss has taken the shape of a great ocean - CC Antya 3.197
- My dear Sanatana, Haridasa Thakura said, embracing him, "no one can find the limits of your good fortune"
- My dear sir, for three days you have cheated me by giving me false assurances, for I see that throughout the entire day and night your chanting of the holy name is never finished
- My dear sir, kindly accept me and be merciful toward me, for it is a characteristic of all saintly persons to be kind toward the poor and fallen
- My dear sir, you are chanting the holy name 300,000 times daily and informing everyone of the importance of such chanting
- My dear sir, you are the foremost devotee. Simply seeing you and hearing you chant the holy name of Krsna has purified my consciousness. Now I want to chant the holy name of the Lord
- My dear Thakura Haridasa, in this Age of Kali most people are bereft of Vedic culture, and therefore they are called yavanas. They are concerned only with killing cows and brahminical culture. In this way they all engage in sinful acts
- My dear Thakura, O great preacher, great devotee, you are so beautifully built, and your youth is just beginning. Who is the woman who could control her mind after seeing you
- My Lord, we are all fallen, but You have accepted us due to Your attribute of being merciful to the fallen. This is well known all over the world
- Namacarya Haridasa Thakura was taken to the jail and he told the prisoners there, oh, you are so fortunate to have this opportunity to sit and chant the Holy Names without the Maya distractions of the outer world
- Namacarya Haridasa Thakura, the authority on the chanting of the holy name, said, "The chanting of the Lord's holy name to indicate something other than the Lord is an instance of namabhasa"
- Naturally Haridasa Thakura was merciful toward him, and because of the merciful benediction of this Vaisnava, he later attained the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lotus feet
- No one can describe all the qualities of Haridasa Thakura. One may say something about them just to purify himself
- Not that sitting one place doing nothing and become Krsna conscious. Then there will be fall down. Don't imitate Haridasa Thakura. That is not possible. You must work
- On the bank of the Ganges, in a solitary place, Advaita Acarya made a cavelike home for Haridasa Thakura and spoke to him about the real meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita in terms of devotional service
- On the very day Ramacandra Khan was planning his intrigue against me, I would have left this place immediately, but because you came to me I stayed here for three days to deliver you
- One day Balarama Acarya requested Haridasa Thakura with great humility to come to the assembly of the Majumadaras, Hiranya and Govardhana. Thus Balarama Acarya went there with Haridasa Thakura
- One day Haridasa Thakura was sitting in his cave, reciting the holy name of the Lord very loudly
- One should not imitate Haridasa Thakura, for no one else can chant the holy name 300,000 times a day. Such chanting is for the mukta-purusa, or liberated soul
- One should not try to imitate Haridasa Thakura at the beginning of one's transcendental life. One must first become very mature in devotion and thus receive the approval of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- One subbranch of Haridasa Thakura consisted of the residents of Kulina-grama. The most important among them was Satyaraja Khan, or Satyaraja Vasu, who was a recipient of all the mercy of Haridasa Thakura
- Ordinary persons must strictly observe the rules and regulations by staying aloof from the association of women. No one should imitate Narada Muni or Haridasa Thakura
- Out of his humbleness, Haridasa condemned himself a Muhammadan, but Advaita Prabhu, being an experienced devotee, accepted him as a real brahmana
- Paramananda Puri Gosvami, Svarupa Damodara, Jagadananda, Mukunda, Govinda, Kasisvara, Haridasa Thakura, Vakresvara Pandita, Gopinatha Acarya, Damodara Pandita, Ramai, Nandai and many other devotees accompanied the Lord (Caitanya)
- Please sit down and hear the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra until my regular chanting is finished. Then your desire will surely be fulfilled
- Raghunatha dasa, who was the son of Govardhana Majumadara and was later to become Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, was at that time a boy engaged in study. He came to see Haridasa Thakura daily
- Ramacandra Khan said to the prostitute, "My constable will go with you so that as soon as he sees you with Haridasa Thakura, immediately he will arrest him and bring both of you to me"
- Ramacandra Khan said to the prostitutes, "There is a mendicant named Haridasa Thakura. All of you devise a way to deviate him from his vows of austerity"
- Ramacandra Khan was naturally a nondevotee. Now, having offended the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura, he became just like a demoniac atheist
- Ramacandra Khan, who was envious of Haridasa Thakura, sent a professional prostitute to attempt to defame him, but by the mercy of Haridasa Thakura, even the prostitute was delivered
- Receiving orders from the above authorities and the Vaisnavas of Vrndavana, especially from Haridasa, the priest of Govindaji, I, Krsnadasa Kaviraja, have tried to describe one small particle of one drop of one wave of the ocean of Caitanya's pastimes
- Recently at Mayapur an African devotee wanted to imitate Haridasa Thakura, but after fifteen days he became restless and went away. Do not suddenly try to imitate Haridasa Thakura
- Residing with the Lord at Jagannatha Puri were Pandita Gosani and other devotees, such as Vakresvara, Damodara, Sankara and Haridasa Thakura
- Sanatana Gosvami was made acarya. Haridasa Thakura was made acarya
- Seeing the change, Haridasa Thakura, greatly astonished, told the Lord, "This is Your pastime"
- Seeing the condition of Gopala Cakravarti, everyone was astonished. Everyone praised the influence of Haridasa Thakura and offered him obeisances
- Seeing the lunar eclipse and laughing, Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura immediately went to the bank of the Ganges and bathed in the river in great jubilation
- Seeing the sublime character of the prostitute, everyone was astonished. Everyone glorified the influence of Haridasa Thakura and offered him obeisances
- She said, "My dear friend, you are the friend of the entire world. You are so beautiful and qualified. I have come here only for union with you"
- Similarly, Haridasa Thakura chanted in his cave on the bank of the Ganges with the intention of causing Krsna's descent
- Simply by his will, Haridasa Thakura could give up his life and go away, exactly like Bhisma, who previously died simply by his own desire, as we have heard from sastra
- Since he (Haridasa Thakura) did not go to see the temple, Lord Caitanya Himself, who is nondifferent from Jagannatha, used to come and sit with Haridasa Thakura daily. Here in Srimad-Bhagavatam we also find this same behavior of the Lord
- Sir, You are living within a society of great, great brahmanas and aristocrats, but without fear or shame You adore a lower-class man like me
- Sit down at the door and hear the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. As soon as the chanting is finished, I shall satisfy you as you desire
- Some admirer of Thakura Haridasa who had to visit the Thakura every day feared the snake and suggested that the Thakura leave that place
- Sometimes we see that a powerful preacher is killed, or sometimes he is put into difficulty, just as Haridasa Thakura was
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted this principle and recognized Srila Haridasa Thakura as the acarya of the holy name, although Thakura Haridasa appeared in a Mohammedan family
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu exalted Haridasa Thakura, stating, "At every moment you take your bath in all the holy places of pilgrimage, and at every moment you perform great sacrifices, austerity and charity"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu exhibited the glories of the holy name of the Lord through Haridasa Thakura, who was born in a Muslim family
- Sri Pundarika Vidyanidhi, Sri Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Pandita, Sivananda Sena, Sri Ramananda Raya, Sri Sikhi Mahiti, Sri Madhavidevi and Sri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami never visited Vrndavana-dhama
- Sri Raghunatha dasa was the son of Govardhana Majumadara. Their family priest was Balarama Acarya, who was a favorite of Haridasa Thakura's
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Srinivasa Thakura quickly ran to the seashore. When he saw the tomb of Haridasa Thakura, he immediately fell down offering prayers and almost fainted
- Srivas Acarya is incarnation of Narada Muni and Haridasa Thakura is incarnation of Lord Brahma, therefore sometimes Haridasa Thakura is called Brahma Haridasa
- Thakura Haridasa used to chant the holy name of the Lord three hundred thousand times daily
- Thakura Haridasa was not born of a brahmana family, nor was he himself brahmana, yet he could protect himself from such an attack (of sex desire) due to his being Krsna conscious
- Thakura Haridasa would not even accept prasadam nor even sleep for a moment without finishing his daily routine of chanting with his beads three hundred thousand names
- The acarya of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, is called Namacarya Haridasa Thakura. From his personal example we can understand that chanting the Hare Krsna mantra and becoming highly elevated in Krsna consciousness is very simple
- The fifty qualities of Lord Krsna were all present in his body
- The five singers who responded to the singing of Srivasa Thakura were Gangadasa, Haridasa, Sriman, Subhananda and Sri Rama Pandita. Sri Nityananda Prabhu was appointed as a dancer
- The Lord and His devotees sat on a raised platform, and below that sat Haridasa Thakura and Sanatana Gosvami
- The Lord is so merciful that even if there is some impediment for the devotee, He Himself manages matters in such a way that the devotee is not bereft of having audience at His lotus feet. There is a very good example in the life of Haridasa Thakura
- The Lord may dictate to tigers and other jungle animals not to disturb His devotee. Haridasa Thakura, a great devotee of Lord Sri Caitanya, used to live in such a cave, and by chance a great venomous snake was a co-partner of the cave
- The Lord took them both with Him and sat down in a sacred place. Then Sanatana Gosvami, who was advanced in renunciation, began to speak
- The Lord's devotees - including Srivasa, Ramai, Raghu, Govinda, Mukunda, Haridasa, Govindananda, Madhava and Govinda - all combined together
- The next night, when the prostitute came again, Haridasa Thakura gave her many assurances
- The night ended while Haridasa Thakura was chanting, but by his association the mind of the prostitute had changed
- The prostitute (vesya) had earned money by questionable means, and therefore Haridasa Thakura advised her to distribute to the brahmanas whatever she possessed
- The prostitute replied, "First let me have union with him once; then the second time I shall take your constable with me to arrest him"
- The prostitute returned to Ramacandra Khan and informed him of what had happened. The next day she came earlier, at the beginning of the evening, and stayed with Haridasa Thakura
- The prostitute, now purified, fell at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura and confessed that Ramacandra Khan had appointed her to pollute him
- The public is somewhat conservative and still there is some police harrassment, but you are "going on with work undaunted." That should be followed. Haridas Thakur was harassed even by corporal punishment. Jesus Christ was killed
- The pure devotee Haridasa Thakura was never disturbed, even when all such allurements were offered by a prostitute
- The senses are very strong, and if a neophyte devotee imitates Haridasa Thakura, his enemies (kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and matsarya) will disturb and fatigue him
- The Third Chapter also tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered everyone by bestowing upon the universe the holy name of the Lord, and it describes how Haridasa Thakura established the glories of the holy name by his practical example
- The transcendental qualities of Haridasa Thakura are innumerable and unfathomable. One may describe a portion of them, but to count them all is impossible
- The waves of his good qualities were like those of Prahlada Maharaja. He did not even slightly raise an eyebrow when persecuted by the Muslim ruler
- Then Haridasa Thakura accepted the challenge offered by Gopala Cakravarti. "If by namabhasa liberation is not available, certainly I shall cut off my nose"
- Then Haridasa Thakura got up to leave, and the Majumadaras, the masters of Gopala Cakravarti, immediately kicked him out and dismissed him from their service
- There are example of Krsna Conscious persons whose worship was solitary life, and the greatest example is Haridasa Thakura. Haridasa Thakura used to live only in a cave sometimes and would spend his whole time chanting the Hare Krishna Mantra
- There are many such instances in history, just like Visvamitra Muni's falling a victim to the beauty of Menaka. But Thakura Haridasa was allured at midnight by the well-dressed Maya, and still she could not induce that great devotee into her trap
- There is another incident concerning Haridasa Thakura's uncommon behavior. One will be astonished to hear about it
- There was no end to the transcendental qualities of Haridasa Thakura. Here I mention but a fraction of his qualities. He was so exalted that Advaita Gosvami, when performing the sraddha ceremony of his father, offered him the first plate
- They all remained with Govinda to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu; therefore no one could estimate the good fortune of Govinda
- This divine energy of Mine (Krsna), consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it. This was actually proved by the behavior of Haridasa Thakura
- This young man, Gopala Cakravarti, became very angry upon hearing the statements of Haridasa Thakura. He immediately criticized him. "O assembly of learned scholars, just hear the conclusion of the emotional devotee"
- Those who are not accustomed, they'll become mad simply by chanting. It's difficult. You cannot imitate Haridasa Thakura, that "Now I shall go in a secluded place and chant Hare Krsna." It is not possible, sir
- Thus absorbed in thought, he quickly reached Jagannatha Puri. When he arrived, he approached the hut of Haridasa Thakura
- To avoid turmoil, three great personalities - Haridasa Thakura, Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Sanatana Gosvami - did not enter the temple of Jagannatha
- Today Haridasa Thakura has promised to enjoy with me. Tomorrow certainly I shall have union with him
- Tomorrow I will surely finish, and my vow will be fulfilled. Then it will be possible for me to enjoy with you in full freedom
- Unable to tolerate that such respect was being offered to Haridasa Thakura, Ramacandra Khan planned in various ways to dishonor him
- Unless one has come to the platform of spontaneous love of God, he must follow the regulative principles. Thakura Haridasa was the living example of how to follow the regulative principles. Similarly, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was also
- Unless You inform us, we cannot understand what Your purpose is or what You want to do through whom
- Upon meeting Advaita Acarya, Haridasa Thakura offered Him respect and obeisances. Advaita Acarya embraced him and showed respect to him in return
- We always glorify him after our kirtana, "Haridasa Thakura ki jaya"
- We can follow Harida Thakur's example by chanting sixteen rounds of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra on beads every day and offering respect to the tulasi plant. This is not at all difficult for anyone
- We find that Haridasa Thakura strictly followed his regulative principle of chanting 300,000 names. Thus when the prostitute became restless, he informed her that first he had to finish his chanting and then he would be able to satisfy her
- We request the members of the Hare Krsna movement to follow Haridasa Thakura's example rigidly
- We should be very strongly inclined to Krsna consciousness like Haridasa Thakura. Then we shall be able very easily to overcome the allurement of maya
- Whatever the Supreme Personality of Godhead wants us to do will successfully be accomplished. This is your great fortune. That is my mature opinion
- When Advaita Acarya began to dance, Nityananda Prabhu began dancing behind Him. Haridasa Thakura, being very pleased, also began dancing behind Him
- When Govinda came to Haridasa, he saw that Haridasa Thakura was lying on his back and chanting his rounds very slowly
- When he saw that the whole world was jubilant, Haridasa Thakura, his mind astonished, directly and indirectly expressed himself to Advaita Acarya
- When Nityananda Prabhu, Jagadananda Prabhu, Damodara Prabhu and Mukunda Prabhu met Haridasa Thakura, they all became very pleased
- When Thakura Haridasa was tempted by a public prostitute at the dead of night, he avoided the allurement because of his perfection in Krsna consciousness. That is the difference between a Krsna conscious person and others
- When the night came to an end, the prostitute was restless. Seeing this, Haridasa Thakura spoke to her as follows
- With all the members of the assembly, the two Majumadaras fell at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Haridasa Thakura was smiling, however, and he spoke in a sweet voice
- With faith and reverence the prostitute associated with Haridasa Thakura, who personally treated her material disease by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- With folded hands she offered obeisances at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Sitting at the door, she then spoke in a very sweet voice
- You (Haridasa Thakura) simultaneously perform both duties in relation to the holy name by your personal behavior and by your preaching. Therefore you are the spiritual master of the entire world, for you are the most advanced devotee in the world
- You have insulted Haridasa Thakura. Thus there will be a dangerous position for you. You should not expect anything auspicious
- You know the story of Haridasa. He was young man at that time, and one man instigated a prostitute, young prostitute, to deviate him, but she was unable. On the other hand, the prostitute became a Vaisnavi
- You simultaneously perform both duties in relation to the holy name by your personal behavior and by your preaching. Therefore you are the spiritual master of the entire world, for you are the most advanced devotee in the world
- Your dancing and distributing charity are very pleasing to me. I can understand that there is some special purpose in these actions
- Your role in this incarnation is to deliver the people in general. You have sufficiently preached the glories of the holy name in this world