Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami
Raghunātha Bhaṭṭa Gosvāmī | Raghunātha Bhaṭṭācārya
Son of Tapana Miśra
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Accompanied by a servant carrying his baggage, Raghunatha Bhatta started from Varanasi and traveled along the path leading through Bengal
- All glories to Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami, Jiva Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami and Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana! They are all my masters
- Although a Vaisnava preacher may sometimes criticize others, Raghunatha Bhatta avoided this. Even if another Vaisnava was actually at fault, Raghunatha Bhatta would not criticize him; he saw only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service
- He would not listen to blasphemy of a Vaisnava, nor would he listen to talk of a Vaisnava's misbehavior. He knew only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service; he did not understand anything else
- His voice was as sweet as a cuckoo's, and he would recite each verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam in three or four tunes. Thus his recitations were very sweet to hear
- I (Srila Srinivasa Acarya) offer my respectful obeisances unto the six Gosvamis, namely Sri Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Rupa Gosvami, Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami, Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Sri Jiva Gosvami and Sri Gopala Bhatta Gosvami
- I also remember the six Gosvamis - Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha
- I pray to the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha - so that all impediments to my writing this literature will be annihilated and my real desire will be fulfilled
- In Bengal he met Ramadasa Visvasa, who belonged to the kayastha caste. He was one of the king's secretaries
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika it is said that Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami was formerly the gopi named Raga-manjari
- Raghunatha Bhatta said, "You are a respectable gentleman, a learned scholar and a great devotee, Please do not try to serve me. Just come with me in a happy mood"
- Raghunatha Bhatta was an expert cook. Whatever he prepared tasted just like nectar
- Raghunatha Bhatta would neither hear nor speak about anything of the material world. He would simply discuss Krsna and worship the Lord day and night
- Ramadasa served Raghunatha Bhatta in various ways, even massaging his legs. Raghunatha Bhatta felt some hesitation in accepting all this service
- Ramai Pandita and Raghunatha Bhatta did the cooking, and I want to give them some rice and vegetables
- Taking the feet of Srila Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami and Jiva Gosvami on my head, I always desire their mercy
- The Lord asked Govinda to arrange for Raghunatha Bhatta's accommodations and then introduced him to all the devotees, headed by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- The Lord said, "It is very good that you have come here. Now go see the lotus-eyed Lord Jagannatha. Today you will accept prasadam here at My place"
- The physician Raghunatha, also known as Upadhyaya, was so great a devotee that simply by seeing him one would awaken his dormant love of Godhead
- Thus I have described the powerful mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by which Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami remained constantly overwhelmed with ecstatic love for Krsna
- Thus Raghunatha Bhatta surrendered fully at the lotus feet of Lord Govinda, and those lotus feet became his life and soul
- Thus Ramadasa carried the baggage of Raghunatha Bhatta and served him sincerely. He constantly chanted the holy name of Lord Ramacandra day and night
- When he met Raghunatha Bhatta on the way, he took Raghunatha's baggage on his head and carried it
- When he recited or heard about the beauty and sweetness of Krsna, he would be overwhelmed with ecstatic love and become oblivious to everything
- When reciting Srimad-Bhagavatam in the company of Rupa and Sanatana, Raghunatha Bhatta would be overwhelmed with ecstatic love for Krsna
- When Rupa Gosvami stayed at Mathura, he was accompanied by Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami and Lokanatha dasa Gosvami
- While he stayed with Srila Rupa Gosvami, his engagement was to recite Srimad-Bhagavatam for him to hear. As a result of this Bhagavatam recitation, he attained perfectional love of Krsna, by which he remained always maddened