Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Personalities From Other Religions or Spiritual Paths
(link to specific personalities if they have their own category - e.g. Questions On... Jesus)
Pages in category "Questions On... Personalities From Other Religions or Spiritual Paths"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- About the creation. I have read it from Bible too, about Adam and Eve. Do you think that it's true?
- According to Krsna consciousness philosophy, the first living being was Brahma, and in the Christian Bible it says Adam was the first man. So he wants to know if in Krsna consciousness scriptures there is any mention of Adam
- And Buddha (this sankhya philosophy which is known in Europe amongst the European scholars, that is the atheist Kapila. It is not the original Kapila)?
- And I think, sir, even Sankaracarya has not meant that we must be short of that. He was also worshiping, was he not? He was worshiping Para-brahman
- And Mayavadis, they do not attain that impersonal realization?
- Are you acquainted with Swami Ranganathanandaji? You have met him?
- Aurobindo? He always had some French people with him?
- Didn't that Dr. Radhakrishnan go crazy at the end of life, Srila Prabhupada?
- Do they (the Vallabhites) worship in vatsalya-rasa or just show?
- Do we recognize that any of those Christian saints were great devotees? Did they develop love of God? Or what's the comparison?
- Do you believe that Jesus and Buddha and Krsna are manifestations of the same God?
- Do you find that you are having difficulty disassociating yourself (your group) with false prophets like the Guruji?
- Do you know about Paramahamsa Yogananda?
- Does he (Lord Buddha) say so (He's personally Krsna), or you...?
- Does that mean you go back to Sankaracarya?
- Have you been in connection with Aurobindo?
- He (Meher Baba) died in motor accident?
- He wants to know if you believe that the Virgin Mary who is the mother of Jesus is the same as Parvati
- He was speaking in English (Aurobindo never preached in Hindi)?
- How about Kabhir (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching is the summary of all Vaisnava-Ramanuja, Ramananda, Madhvacarya, and Visnu Svami, Nimbarka. There are four sampradayas. So Caitanya Mahaprabhu follows everyone. There is no difference much)?
- How do we know if somebody else, Yogananda, Maharsi, and all these different people that have translated it, how are we to tell that their version isn't Krsna's word from your version?
- How is it that these men (Mayavadis like Vivekananda) are so attractive to the Indian people?
- How to convince the young persons who are thinking that Meher Baba is an avatara?
- Hussein is his son. Ali is the cousin and the son-in-law of the prophet Mohammed. But can they feel the grace of Krsna within this framework?
- I still think of this problem why Lord Krsna had to have an incarnation like Buddha who was teaching atheist doctrine and no...?
- In your letter of April 11th you have asked me to insert "What right has a man to say he has a soul if he does not feel it, or that there is a God if he does not see Him?''....
- Instead of sitting on the raised dais, Vyasasana, and dressing in robes of a monk, Krishnamurti would say, "Dress in Western clothes and sit on a chair." The question was, "What is our opinion of this?"
- Is he (Lord Buddha) allowed to say so (He's personally Krsna)?
- Is it all right that they are brought in, or should we talk to them?
- Is Kabir in the Vaisnava tradition?
- Is that (big, big swamis, they are advocating, "Eat meat.") right?
- Mahanamavrata brahmacari. Which class of Vaisnavism he follow?
- Mr. Billy Graham makes people God conscious in a different way. Can you tell me what you think of him?
- Mr. Mani is Sai Baba's bhakta... he is harassing, sending a letter..."Send to the member of ISKCON. They must leave"... can I mention that you must fit to see?
- No, no, but what power he has got (Satya Sai Baba) to produce just now...?
- Not even beginning to get people thinking right (these bluffers, they say "meditation," but what is the subject matter of meditation they do not know. Simply bogus propaganda. You see?)?
- Now how do you classify these men, these Christian mystics, Protestant as well as Catholic?
- Oh, a letter to the Pope. Did he answer it (now I have written one letter to Pope)?
- Our devotee, "What about in America there are so many people, they are chanting Hare Krsna?" So he (Ranganath of the Ramakrishna mission) says, "In America also there are many fools." So he is blaspheming like this, how can we cooperate with such people?
- She said what do you think about the other gurus?
- She wants to know that there are many other gurus, and why do you feel that you have the truth?
- Sir, are you familiar with Yogananda's Self-Realization Fellowship and the practice of recruiting wealthy people as patrons for people who are sincerely interested in following a spiritual pursuit? Do you think that this hinders with their development?
- Sir, what is your opinion about Sai Baba?
- So if he (Ramakrishna) had no appetite it means he was transcendentally situated?
- So that Pondicherry was Aurobindo's idea? What was the motive?
- So they're representatives (Guru Nanak, Muhammad, and other people)?
- Some of them will say some things that Krsna says, but they'll take from other places also. What is the position of such persons?
- Someone like Meher Baba who never spoke?
- Sometimes we meet people in our preaching activities. They may, of course, claim to be very devout Christian or Muslim, but at the same time they will blaspheme Krsna. Is it possible that such persons can actually be associates of God?
- Srila Prabhupada, a question arose the other day in class if there was a difference between Brahman-realized yogi and a Mayavadi
- Srila Prabhupada, what's the difference between a Brahmavadi and a Mayavadi?
- St. Francis, the founder of this particular order which we have been invited to speak to, found God in the material world. And he used to address the aspects of the material world as "brother" and "sister." What is your view upon this?
- Swamiji, there are some people... who are getting spiritual solace from people like Sai Baba or any of these other people who have interpreted the Vedas or who have followers? Do you think these followers are getting some amount of spiritual solace?
- Tested (many different people say that they have the perfect information about God. If they have, that's all right. But it should be tested whether they have got)?
- That guy's a pakka Mayavadi. That Aurobindo man?
- That is right, Prabhupada, that the impersonalist is devoid of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- The gentleman is asking about the authenticity of Moses
- The Pope didn't acknowledge your letter to him. His loss. When we have Krsna, who needs the Pope?
- The Pope is agreeing with you in Rome?… The Pope is agreeing?… In Rome. He is agreeing with Hare Krsna…?… With chanting and...
- The Radha-Krsna center in Geneva, for instance, has there any connection with you, the Swami Nityabowa-badananda?
- The whole world has heard of the Maharishi Mahesh. Is he part of your order?
- Then why doesn't he (Yogi Bhajan) go to Bhaktivedanta?
- There are many swamis and gurus and religious people throughout the world. How does one know which is the true guru?
- There are many swamis coming from India nowadays, and they are trying to confuse Westerners; being Indian, how we can help about this confusion?
- There is some our acaryas. How about Christ or Muhammad and Zarathustra, all these people?
- This Satya Sai Baba, he is also disciple of Krsna. How he produces...?
- Tulsi das teaching (is) bona fide, Srila Prabhupada?
- Was he (Lord Buddha) preaching karma-kanda?
- Was he (Vivekananda) not realized?
- Was it not true also Sankaracarya Swamiji who said vande krsna jagat-guru?
- Was there any palace here of His (Lord Krsna's) parents?
- Well, if the Vallabhas say that they only like Krsna before He was contaminated, so what is the specialty of Krsna? Everyone is uncontaminated in a young age
- What about avataras, in reference to Christ or Buddha?
- What about Buddha? Would you say that he is good?
- What about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi?
- What about miracles performed by so many people?
- What about Sankara's cheating?
- What about so many saints who are preaching yoga and religion all over the world?
- What about these rascals like Sai Baba? They use Krsna's philosophy, and then they twist it in such a way that it becomes Mayavada
- What do we think of Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Buddha and other bogus persons and all these different messengers of God?
- What do you believe in reference to Ramakrishna? He was in the Hindu faith
- What do you know of this Maharishi Yogi that has become so world famous, and what could you tell us of his teachings by way of comparison?
- What do you think about some of the other gurus, if you will, since you are yourself considered a guru? Do you study anybody else?
- What do you think of miracle saints? The saints who perform miracles?
- What do you think of the Maharishi?
- What has Hasur Mohammed Sahib said about 14th Century and why?
- What is the Pope doing, then (there is no religion in the world except Krsna consciousness. All bogus)?
- What is the position of people like Guru Nanak, Muhammad, and other people?
- What is the power and mystery of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, how he is doing so many things but yet he does not appear like these others yogis who are..., like Satya Sai Baba who is making magic and...?
- What is your opinion of Guru Maharaj-ji?
- What is your view of Sri Aurobindo? (loud laughter) Or should I have left well enough alone? He is not an impersonalist, he's not a Mayavadi
- What position does Anandamayi Ma have now?
- What was the conclusion of Sankaracarya?
- When Buddha came, did most people follow Him?
- When there's talk of this religion of Krsna. Is it before Christ or more?... the question of religion, did it come before Christ or before Buddha?
- When you say, sir, you were advertised with the Beatles, do you have any connection with the Maharishi?
- Where would Basavana fit in?
- Which I think are generally quite good, his essays on the Gita themselves. Are there places there that you would strongly disagree with in his, what he (Sri Aurobindo) says?
- Who was Meher Baba?
- Why does Srila Narada Muni condemn Srila Vyasadeva for compiling the Vedic Scriptures?
- Why have you said Cinmayananda, atheist?
- Why is it seen that they (impersonalists) are making spiritual advancement?
- Why would Buddha want to cheat people?
- Will the change in heart come about for such persons (Mayavadis) because they're somehow associated with Krsna?
- Would it matter if I worship any other? Would it matter whether I worship Krsna or Siva or Christ or Buddha? Would it matter?
- You were intimate with him (Dr. Radhakrishnan)?
- You were saying Lord Buddha gave impetus to Buddhism by converting the Emperor Ashoka. What is...?
- You would accept their (of the Alavars of Tamil Nadu) teachings also?
- You would see the worshipers of Siva as impersonalists?
- You're talking about the man of Mahesh Pandit?
- You've heard of the Dalai Lama? Well, his position would be the same as yours. Wouldn't it? In religion?