belly | belly's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Belly"
The following 104 pages are in this category, out of 104 total.
- A sannyasi must specifically remove himself from the urges of the tongue, belly and genitals, which disturb one as long as one is not fully aware that the body is separate from the soul
- A sober person who can tolerate the urge to speak, the mind's demands, the actions of anger and the urges of the tongue, belly and genitals is qualified to make disciples all over the world
- According to Vedic civilization, there are four divisions of the society. Everywhere the same divisions are there all over the world. This is very natural. Just like we can study from our own body, there is head, there is arm, there is belly
- Advaita Acarya said, "You are a reject paramahamsa, and You have accepted the renounced order of life just to fill up Your belly. I can understand that Your business is to give trouble to brahmanas"
- Again Nityananda Prabhu jokingly said, "My belly is not yet filled up. Please take away Your food. I have not taken the least of it"
- All his (the conditioned soul's) other senses - his hands, his legs, his belly, his genitals, his mind, etc. - are so susceptible to the attraction of the objects of enjoyment that he cannot restrain himself
- Anyone who has practiced controlling these six (the tongue, the genitals, the belly, anger, the mind and words) is permitted to make disciples all over the world. To accept such a spiritual master is the crucial point for advancement in spiritual life
- As stated before, the tongue, belly and genitals are all situated in a straight line, and they fall in the same category
- As there are four divisions within our body - the head, the arms, the belly and the legs - similarly, human society, taken as a whole, is divided into four classes of men according to their material qualities and occupational duties
- Astonishment caused by lamentation is exemplified when Krsna was entering into the belly of the Bakasura demon and all the demigods from higher planets became stunned with lamentation
- Astonishment caused by lamentation was exemplified when Krsna was entering into the belly of the Bakasura demon and all the demigods from higher planets became stunned with lamentation
- Avyakta means the night of Brahma, when partial annihilation takes place and the living entities of that particular brahmanda, up to the planets of Brahmaloka, along with the big oceans, etc., all repose in the belly of the virat-purusa
- Because of the body, he suffers thirst and hunger and is influenced by the mind, by words, by anger, by the belly, by the genitals, by the rectum, and so on
- By drinking this milk, little by little, when I finish, there is no more milk; it has gone to my belly. Krsna is not like that. He is omnipotent
- His (Nanda) belly is fatty, his complexion is exactly like the full moon, and he has a beautiful moustache
- However, if we observe fasting days like Ekadasi and Janmastami, we can restrain the demands of the belly
- Human society must be divided into four classes of men. Just like in our body, there are four different departments: the brain department, the hand department, the belly department, and the leg department. You require all these
- I am trying to execute the orders of my Guru Maharaja, predecessor. I am not a so-called sadhu, taking a saffron robe, begging for fulfilling the belly
- I asked my mother in my childhood, "My dear mother, how did I come out from your belly?" I still remember. So my mother showed me her navel: "You come out from this place"
- I note that your wife and Visalaini both gave birth to baby girls. That is the defect. I want male children but you have no stamina for it. I expected from Visalaini by her belly that it would be a boy. Anyway, never mind
- If one can restrain the demands of the tongue by limiting its activities to the eating of prasada, the urges of the belly and the genitals can automatically be controlled
- If one goes to the booth where free food is distributed and fills his belly with whatever he obtains, there is no chance of further unwanted talk, and one can very peacefully chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- If someone assures him that there is such a thing the frog begins to measure it by imagination by means of pumping its belly as far as possible, with the result that the tiny abdomen bursts and the poor one dies without any experience of the actual ocean
- If there is no brain, no head, then what is the use of these arms and legs and belly? It is all dead. So in human society, if there is not a class of learned, truthful, and honest men - men with all the brahminical qualifications - then society is ruined
- If you want to know higher science - not this science, simply filling of the belly; not this science - higher science, which is above the fulfilling the belly, that, for that purpose, you have to go to guru. Guru means who knows more than you
- In the human body, the most important part is the head, then the arms, the belly and the legs. Although the head is considered to be the most important part, there is no question of neglecting the legs or any other part
- Indeed, He said, "Although I am invited to eat by Advaita Acarya, today also is a fast. So small a quantity of food will not fill even half My belly"
- It is condemned in this sense, that those who are thinking that "I have got this temple. Let people come here out of sentiment and they'll pay, and it will be a source of income for my filling up belly..." This is most condemned
- It is not that we start a mission just to make some money and to fill up our belly, hungry belly. No. It is a mission to see that everyone is happy in Krsna consciousness. This is the mission
- It is very miserable condition. We had to remain there in packed-up condition like this in a bag, and it is suffocating. At that time, the skin is very tender. There are many worms and germs within the belly, mixed up with stool and urine; they bite
- Materialistic people are concerned with the tongue, belly and genitals, if anyone wants to advance in spiritual life he must be very careful about associating with such people. To associate with such materialistic men is to commit purposeful suicide
- Mayavadi sannyasis who do not have these qualifications (of controlling tongue, mind, words, belly, genitals and anger and making disciples all over the world) sometimes harass & blaspheme a Vaisnava sannyasi who humbly engages in the service of the Lord
- O indefatigable one, when you are sent by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to enter among the soldiers of the Daityas and the Danavas, you stay on the battlefield and unendingly separate their arms, bellies, thighs, legs and heads
- O Lord of the universe, O universal form, I (Arjuna) see in Your body many, many arms, bellies, mouths and eyes, expanded everywhere, without limit. I see in You no end, no middle and no beginning
- O Lord, Your tongue is a plate of sacrifice, Your nostril is another plate of sacrifice, in Your belly is the eating plate of sacrifice, and another plate of sacrifice is the holes of Your ears
- Of course, everyone must eat to keep the body fit for the Lord's service, but when one cannot control the senses, he falls victim to the dictations of the tongue and the belly. Naturally, genital agitation follows, and one seeks illicit sex
- On hearing this, Krsna dove deep into the water and caught hold of the demon Pancajana. He killed him on the spot but could not find the son of His teacher within his belly
- On the forehead is the temple of Lord Kesava, on the belly is the temple of Lord Narayana, on the chest is the temple of Lord Madhava, and on the throat, between the two collarbones, is the temple of Lord Govinda
- One has to practice sense control as well as mind control and subdue the six forces of speech, mind, anger, tongue, belly and genitals. Then one can become expert in understanding the devotional service of the Lord and thus become a perfect sannyasi
- One may argue, "When we analyze the body we find a head, hands, legs, a belly, blood, bones, urine, stool and so on, but after everything is considered, where is the existence of the soul?" A sober man, however, avails himself to Taittiriya Upanisad 3.1.1
- One may question, "If I simply try to achieve Krsna consciousness, then how my belly problem will be solved?"
- One must have disciplinary training in controlling speaking, anger, the tongue, the mind, the belly and the genitals. One who has controlled the particular senses mentioned above is called a gosvami
- One should take prasada at scheduled times and should not eat in restaurants or sweetmeat shops simply to satisfy the whims of the tongue or belly. If we stick to the principle of taking only prasada, the urges of the belly and tongue can be controlled
- One who can control the forces of speech, mind, anger, belly, tongue and genitals is known as a gosvami and is competent to accept disciples all over the world - NOI 1
- One who is a householder, he has to work because he has to maintain a wife and children at home. But for a brahmacari, why should he take the botheration of working simply for the matter of satisfying the belly?
- One who is subservient to the tongue and who thus goes here and there, devoted to the genitals and the belly, cannot attain Krsna
- Only those who go through life being kicked about by fate, slaving hard to fill their bellies and maintain a roof overhead, can harbor so preposterous a wish as to compete with the omnipotent Supreme Controller. It is ludicrous
- Placed within the amnion and covered outside by the intestines, the child remains lying on one side of the abdomen, his head turned towards his belly and his back and neck arched like a bow
- Professional reciters may ask money to extinguish the blazing fire within their bellies, but they cannot make any spiritual improvement or become perfect. It is therefore strictly forbidden to recite Srimad-Bhagavatam as a profession to earn a livelihood
- Sankaracarya, the great monist philosopher and religious reformer, said that simply for the matter of the stomach, one may not adopt the dress of a renunciant. Therefore, there is no way out - no way to avoid doing work, if only for the belly's sake
- Separating their arms, legs, heads and bellies from their bodies, he delivered the Yaksas to the planetary system which is situated above the sun globe and which is attainable only by first-class brahmacaris, who have never discharged their semen
- Simply by eating. Because you are so dull, you cannot understand the philosophy. You know the belly like the animals. So therefore we are giving facility, "All right, fill up your belly, fill up your belly. And you'll be infected"
- Since a devotee eats only prasadam, he conquers the dictations of the tongue, belly and genitals. One can control the dictates of the senses when situated in the position of santa-rasa. Then one’s advancement in Krsna consciousness is assured
- Since materialistic people are concerned with the tongue, belly and genitals, if anyone wants to advance in spiritual life he must be very careful about associating with such people. To associate with such materialistic men is to commit purposeful suicide
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered Govinda and Kasisvara, "You may both take alms elsewhere to fill your bellies"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has explained that jagad-guru properly refers to one who is the controller of his tongue, mind, words, belly, genitals and anger. Prthivim sa sisyat: such a jagad-guru is completely fit to make disciples all over the world
- The belly, although filled, still wants to eat more & the ear, not attempting to hear about You, is generally attracted to cinema songs. The sense of smell is attracted to yet another side, the restless eyes are attracted to scenes of sense gratification
- The benefit (of training people according to their own qualities) will be that the whole social body will function harmoniously. The social body must have a brain and arms and a belly and legs to be complete
- The brahmanas are considered the head, the ksatriyas are the arms, the vaisyas are the belly, and the sudras are the legs. At the present moment the body has legs and a belly, but there are no arms or head, and therefore society is topsy-turvy
- The brahminical or intelligent men have to execute the duty of the head, the ksatriyas must fulfill the duty of the arms, the vaisya class must fulfill the duty of the belly, and the sudras must fulfill the duty of the legs
- The brain is most important part of the body, this head. If you cut the head of a man, then, in spite of possessing the arms, belly and legs, he is dead man. But if you cut the hand or the leg, he can live, and the brain can work
- The conclusion is that one who can control these six items - speech, mind, anger, tongue, belly and genitals - is to be called a svami or gosvami. Svami means master, and gosvami means master of the go, or senses
- The controlling deities of the intestines are the rivers, and those of the arteries, the seas. Fulfillment of the belly with food and drink is the cause of sustenance, and the metabolism of the food and drink replaces the waste of the bodily energies
- The creation of the human beings, who are of one species only and who stock their eatables in the belly, is the ninth in the rotation
- The demands of the body can be divided into three categories-the demands of the tongue, the belly and the genitals
- The difficulty is there is no brahmana, there is no ksatriya. There are only the vaisyas and the sudras, belly, vaisya means belly and sudra means the leg. So if, out of the four divisions, one is wanting, the society must be in chaotic condition
- The duty of a person in the renounced order is to chant the Hare Krsna mantra always. He should satisfy his belly with whatever vegetables, leaves, fruits and roots are available
- The fruit of love of Godhead distributed by Caitanya Mahaprabhu is such a great intoxicant that anyone who eats it, filling his belly, immediately becomes maddened by it, and automatically he chants, dances, laughs and enjoys
- The fruits were all red and yellow, with no seed inside and no skin outside, and eating one fruit would immediately fill a man's belly
- The head may be very important part of the body, but you cannot neglect the legs. If you want to keep the body in fitness, then the brain must work nicely, the hand must work nicely, the belly must work nicely, and the legs also must
- The heat in the fire is Krsna. According to Vedic medicine, indigestion is due to a low temperature in the belly. So even for digestion fire is needed. BG 1972 purports
- The natural instinct of a woman is to enjoy the material world. She induces her husband to enjoy this world by satisfying his tongue, belly and genitals, which are called jihva, udara and upastha
- The ocean deity replied, "This great demon (Pancajana) generally remains deep in the water in the shape of a conchshell. The son of Your teacher might be within the belly of the demon, having been devoured by him"
- The protective armor of Narayana, which Indra possessed, was identical with Narayana Himself, the SPG. Protected by that armor and by his own mystic power, King Indra, although swallowed by Vrtrasura, did not die within the demon's belly
- The purport of the verse (composed by Ramananda Raya) is: As long as there is hunger in the belly and one feels like eating and drinking, one can become happy by taking anything eatable
- The six agents of sense gratification are the tongue, the genitals, the belly, anger, the mind and words. Anyone who has practiced controlling these six is permitted to make disciples all over the world
- The strongest enemy is our tongue, is our tongue. Jihva-vegam. If one can control the urges of the tongue then he will be naturally able to stop the urges of the belly and the urges of the genital, three straight line
- There are many urges: urge of the mind, urge of the anger, urge of the talking, urge of the tongue, then belly, then genital. In this way, we are driven by so many urges. So out of that, the strongest enemy is our tongue
- There are prostitution of three things: prostitution of the tongue, prostitution of the belly, and prostitution of the genital
- There are six circles of vital air circulation within the body. The first circle is within the belly, the second circle is in the area of the heart, the third is in the area of the lungs
- There is also tapasya with regards to the tongue, belly, and genitals. One cannot eat anything and everything, or at any time he pleases. Nor can one have sex freely, but only according to the scriptural injunctions
- These sannyasis introduce all these sinful activities in the name of serving the poor, and consequently poor animals are cut to pieces and go into the bellies of these sannyasis. As described in the following verses, such sannyasis are pakhandis
- This is not higher science. Higher science is brahma-jijnasa, to inquire about Brahman. That is higher science. This science, earning money and fulfilling the hungry belly, this science the birds and beast also know how to do it
- This woman (Mayavati) was surprised to see how such a nice baby (Pradyumna) could remain within the belly of a fish, and the situation perplexed her
- Those who suffer from diseases of the stomach must be unable to control the urges of the belly, at least according to this analysis
- We have extended many branches and sub-branches of this philosophy of the belly in various directions, and thus we have hardly any time to understand the philosophy of gaining eternal life - for which we are perpetually struggling life after life
- We should also learn that Krsna has given us this belly, so He has provided also the eatables. That is real philosophy. It is not recommended that you get more than what you require
- Whatever remnants of milk Vrndavana dasa Thakura has given me are sufficient to fill my belly. Now my thirst is completely satiated
- When one eats nicely, his belly is satisfied, and as soon as the belly is satisfied the genitals become strong. Especially when a man is accustomed to eating meat and drinking wine and similar passionate things, he certainly becomes sexually inclined
- When the monkeys assemble, He (Krsna) divides it (the stolen palatable curd, butter and milk) with them, and when the monkeys have their bellies so full that they won't take more, He breaks the pots - SB 10.8.29
- When there is a fight between two persons, each of them protects the upper part of his body - the head, the arms and the belly
- While marking the body with tilaka, one should chant the following mantra, which consists of twelve names of Visnu: Trivikrama should be remembered when marking the right shoulder, and Vamana should be remembered when marking the left side of the belly
- While marking the body with tilaka, one should chant the following mantra, which consists oftwelve names of Visnu: Lord Visnu should be remembered while marking the right side of the belly, and Madhusudana should be remembered when marking the right arm