Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Sankhya-yoga" | Sāṅkhya-yoga
- "the analytical study of the nature of spirit and matter"
- "atheistic sankhya-yoga has nothing to do with bhakti-yoga, yet the unintelligent claim that the atheistic sankhya-yoga is referred to in the Bhagavad-gita"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Sankhya-yoga"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, the Supreme Person. Being very subtle, You are never visible to material eyes. You are the knower of the twenty-four elements, and You are the inaugurator of the sankhya-yoga system
- If anyone wants to understand Krsna and wants relationship with Krsna, then one must take to this process of bhakti-yoga. That is sankhya-yoga. That will be explained by Kapiladeva. Bhakti-yoga means sankhya-yoga
- It is concluded that under certain circumstances one accepts something as real and under other circumstances he accepts the very same thing as unreal. These matters are the subject of study for the empiric philosopher or the sankhya-yogi
- Lord Brahma, who is almost independent in acquiring knowledge, could understand that a portion of the SPG, in His quality of pure existence, had appeared in the womb of Devahuti just to explain the complete state of knowledge known as sankhya-yoga
- Lord Caitanya taught that the most practical way for the mass of people to practice sankhya-yoga meditation is simply to chant the holy name of the Lord
- Lord Caitanya's teachings are identical to those given by Lord Kapila, the original propounder of sankhya-yoga, the sankhya system of philosophy. This authorized system of yoga teaches meditation on the transcendental form of the Lord
- Sankhya-yoga is meant to distinguish the truth from ephemerals
- Sankhya-yoga, buddhi-yoga, control of the senses by intelligence, work without fruitive desire, and the position of the neophyte. This was all presented unsystematically. A more organized outline of the path would be necessary for action and understanding
- Sankhya-yoga, or the analytical study of the nature of spirit and matter, is the subject matter for persons who are inclined to speculate and understand things by experimental knowledge and philosophy
- So called yoga followers are simply cheated and they are wasting their time. I have already explained these points in the Sankhya yoga chapter of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, so you read them carefully and present it in suitable occasions
- The eight principles of sankhya-yoga - observing the regulative principles are meant for those who are too much engrossed in the bodily conception of life
- The eight principles of sankhya-yoga - observing the regulative principles, following the rules, practicing the various sitting postures, performing the breathing exercises, withdrawing one's senses from the sense objects
- The mystic yogis are therefore advised to meditate on the form of Lord Visnu as recommended by Kapila Muni in the sankhya-yoga system
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead thus explained to King Satyavrata the spiritual science known as sankhya-yoga, the science by which one distinguishes between matter and spirit
- These matters are the subject of study for the empiric philosopher or the sankhya-yogi. To come to the right conclusion, sankhya-yogis undergo severe austerities and penances, practicing control of the senses and renunciation
- This system of God realization is a great science. The materialistic sankhya-yogis can only analyze and meditate on the twenty-four factors of the material creation, for they have very little information of the purusa, the Lord
- To come to the right conclusion, sankhya-yogis undergo severe austerities and penances, practicing control of the senses and renunciation