"Sankhya-yoga" | Sāṅkhya-yoga
- "the analytical study of the nature of spirit and matter"
- "atheistic sankhya-yoga has nothing to do with bhakti-yoga, yet the unintelligent claim that the atheistic sankhya-yoga is referred to in the Bhagavad-gita"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Sankhya-yoga"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, the Supreme Person. Being very subtle, You are never visible to material eyes. You are the knower of the twenty-four elements, and You are the inaugurator of the sankhya-yoga system
- If anyone wants to understand Krsna and wants relationship with Krsna, then one must take to this process of bhakti-yoga. That is sankhya-yoga. That will be explained by Kapiladeva. Bhakti-yoga means sankhya-yoga
- In His sankhya-yoga, Lord Kapiladeva explains: suhrdah sarva-dehinam (SB 3.25.21). Living entities assume different bodily forms
- In meditation, there are two systems of yoga, namely astanga-yoga and sankhya-yoga
- In SB 10.8.45 it is said, "Lord Krsna, the SPG, who is worshiped with exalted hymns by all the Vedas & Upanisads & by great personalities through sankhya-yoga in the mode of goodness, was considered by mother Yasoda and Nanda to be their own little son"
- It is concluded that under certain circumstances one accepts something as real and under other circumstances he accepts the very same thing as unreal. These matters are the subject of study for the empiric philosopher or the sankhya-yogi
- Lord Brahma, who is almost independent in acquiring knowledge, could understand that a portion of the SPG, in His quality of pure existence, had appeared in the womb of Devahuti just to explain the complete state of knowledge known as sankhya-yoga
- Lord Caitanya taught that the most practical way for the mass of people to practice sankhya-yoga meditation is simply to chant the holy name of the Lord
- Lord Caitanya's teachings are identical to those given by Lord Kapila, the original propounder of sankhya-yoga, the sankhya system of philosophy. This authorized system of yoga teaches meditation on the transcendental form of the Lord
- Sankhya-yoga is meant to distinguish the truth from ephemerals
- Sankhya-yoga, buddhi-yoga, control of the senses by intelligence, work without fruitive desire, and the position of the neophyte. This was all presented unsystematically. A more organized outline of the path would be necessary for action and understanding
- Sankhya-yoga, or the analytical study of the nature of spirit and matter, is the subject matter for persons who are inclined to speculate and understand things by experimental knowledge and philosophy
- So called yoga followers are simply cheated and they are wasting their time. I have already explained these points in the Sankhya yoga chapter of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, so you read them carefully and present it in suitable occasions
- The eight principles of sankhya-yoga - observing the regulative principles are meant for those who are too much engrossed in the bodily conception of life
- The eight principles of sankhya-yoga - observing the regulative principles, following the rules, practicing the various sitting postures, performing the breathing exercises, withdrawing one's senses from the sense objects
- The glories of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are studied through the three Vedas, the Upanisads, the literature of Sankhya-yoga, and other Vaisnava literature, yet mother Yasoda considered that Supreme Person her ordinary child - SB 10.8.45
- The mystic yogis are therefore advised to meditate on the form of Lord Visnu as recommended by Kapila Muni in the sankhya-yoga system
- The perfection of this sankhya-yoga culminates in devotional service unto the Absolute Truth
- The sankhya-yoga system popular at the present moment was propounded by the atheist Kapila, but the original sankhya-yoga system was propounded by an incarnation of Krsna also named Kapila, the son of Devahuti
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead thus explained to King Satyavrata the spiritual science known as sankhya-yoga, the science by which one distinguishes between matter and spirit
- The word sankhya-yogesvaraya is also significant herein (SB 4.24.42), for Krsna is described in Bhagavad-gita as Yogesvara, the master of all mystic powers. Without possessing inconceivable mystic powers, one cannot be accepted as God
- These (the twenty-four elements) are the subject matter of sankhya-yoga, which was inaugurated by Lord Kapiladeva. This sankhya-yoga was again propounded by another Kapila, but he was an atheist, and his system is not accepted as bona fide
- These matters are the subject of study for the empiric philosopher or the sankhya-yogi. To come to the right conclusion, sankhya-yogis undergo severe austerities and penances, practicing control of the senses and renunciation
- This (the material energy) has all been properly analyzed in sankhya-yoga by the great acaryas, especially by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, in His incarnation as Devahuti-putra Kapila. This is indicated here (SB 7.7.22) by the word acaryaih
- This system of God realization is a great science. The materialistic sankhya-yogis can only analyze and meditate on the twenty-four factors of the material creation, for they have very little information of the purusa, the Lord
- To come to the right conclusion, sankhya-yogis undergo severe austerities and penances, practicing control of the senses and renunciation