This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Hari"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total.
- A person fixed in the devotional service of the Supreme Lord, Hari, the Lord of the highest auspiciousness, swims in the ocean of nectar. For him what is the use of the water in small ditches?
- A person who chants the two syllables ha-ri has already studied the four Vedas - Sama, Rg, Yajur and Atharva
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- After accepting the prasadam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and started to go, chanting the holy names, "Hari! Hari"
- After thus instructing the prostitute about the process of chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, Haridasa Thakura stood up and left, continuously chanting "Hari, Hari"
- After understanding the awkward condition of Gajendra, who had offered his prayers, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, who lives everywhere, appeared with the demigods, who were offering prayers to Him
- All around Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is also known as Gaurahari, people began to shout the holy name of Hari. Lord Caitanya, immersed in His usual ecstasy of love, danced in the midst of them
- All the cowherd boys who saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passing joined with Him and began to shout loudly, "Hari! Hari"
- All the devotees took prasadam, filling themselves to the brim. Thereafter, chanting the holy name of Hari, they stood up and washed their hands and mouths
- All the friendly ladies who came to see the child would chant the holy names, "Hari, Hari!" as soon as the child would cry
- All the people then began to chant, "Hari! Hari!" and there was a great uproar. The priest in Lord Kesava's service offered Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu a garland
- Although the word 'hari' has many different meanings, two of them are foremost. One meaning is that the Lord takes away all inauspicious things from His devotee, and the second meaning is that He attracts the mind by ecstatic love for God
- Arjuna was trained in that way - he was a soldier - but by his soldier's business, occupational duty, he satisfied Krsna. He fought for Krsna, not for his personal sense gratification. That is his test, samsiddhir hari-tosanam
- As soon as He pushed, the car immediately started to move, making a rattling noise. The people all around began to chant the holy name of the Lord, "Hari! Hari"
- At Visnu-kanci is Lord Varadaraja, and Hari is situated at Mayapur, Lord Caitanya's birth site. Thus in different places throughout the universe there are various Deities in temples bestowing Their causeless mercy upon the devotees
- At Visnu-kanci there is Lord Visnu, at Mayapur Lord Hari, and throughout the universe a variety of other forms
- Because I (Brahma) have caught hold of the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, with great zeal, whatever I say has never proved to have been false
- Being very pleased, all the people loudly began to shout the holy name of the Lord, "Hari! Hari!" Indeed, they became struck with wonder upon seeing the beauty of the Lord
- Brahmanas or ksatriya, you can do your duty, but there should be a test whether you have become successful in discharging your duty. That test is hari-tosanam, whether you have satisfied the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- By following the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies or undergoing atonement, sinful men do not become as purified as by chanting once the holy name of Lord Hari
- By means of that fire, Pururava, who desired to go to the planet where Urvasi resided, performed a sacrifice, by which he satisfied the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the enjoyer of the results of sacrifice
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu got up and very loudly chanted, "Hari! Hari!" Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was very pleased to see the Lord regain consciousness, and he took the dust of the Lord's lotus feet
- Chanting this verse, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, known as Gaurahari, went on His way. As soon as He saw someone, He would request him to chant "Hari! Hari"
- Coming to His senses, the Lord very loudly began chanting the holy name, "Hari! Hari!" The Lord raised His arms upward and began to dance in ecstatic love
- Each layer (of the universe) is ten times bigger than the previous one, and the final outside layer is covered by pradhana. Within this egg is the universal form of Lord Hari, of whose body the fourteen planetary systems are parts
- Everyone was chanting the holy names of Hari and dancing. In this way the domicile of Advaita Acarya was converted into Sri Vaikuntha Puri
- Hari, the Personality of Godhead, is the all-pervasive original source of everything; He is therefore the Supersoul of everything
- Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, thereafter addressed Sukracarya, who was sitting nearby in the midst of the assembly with the priests (brahma, hota, udgata and adhvaryu)
- Having dressed up like cowherd boys, all the devotees carried pots of milk and yogurt balanced on rods over their shoulders. Thus they all arrived at the festival grounds chanting the holy name of Hari
- Hearing about this, everyone there came to the outside door and began chanting the holy name, "Hari! Hari!" Thus there was a tumultuous sound
- Hearing this, the Lord got up, chanting "Hari! Hari!" Following Him, all the other Vaisnavas also got up, chanting the vibration of the holy name
- I then inquired from these yavanas, 'I know that these Hindus by nature chant "Hari, Hari
- If one chants the holy name of Hari and then dies because of an accidental misfortune, such as being bitten by a serpent, being afflicted with pain and high fever, one is immediately absolved from having to enter hellish life, even though he is sinful
- If one chants the name of Hari & then dies because of an accidental misfortune, such as falling from the top of a house, slipping & suffering broken bones while traveling, one is immediately absolved from having to enter hellish life even if he is sinful
- If they do not like the noise of our kirtana there, we shall make it more noisy. So go on performing Hari kirtana for the villagers
- If we do not come to the stage of sattva-guna in this human life, then, as Narottama dasa Thakura sings, hari hari viphale janama gonainu - there is no profit in gaining this human form of life
- If you do not know who is Bhagavan, if you do not know who is Hari, if you do not know who is Isvara, then what you will hear about Him? That is the problem
- In all directions, hundreds of thousands of people began to chant, "Hari! Hari!" Thus there arose a tumultuous and auspicious sound filling the entire universe
- In every yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, assumes the form of great yogis such as Dattatreya to teach the system of mystic yoga
- In jubilation everyone was chanting the holy name of the Lord - "Hari! Hari!" - and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then appeared, after first causing the appearance of the holy name
- In regards to your questions in the letter of May 8, Caitanya Mahaprabhu was going to see the temple of Visesvar and hundreds and thousands of people were following Him. He was chanting Hari! Hari! It was not on the bank of the Ganges
- In the sastra it is said that of all types of fruitive workers, he who is advanced in knowledge of the higher values of life is favored by the Supreme Lord Hari
- In the Svayambhuva-manvantara, the avatara is named Yajna. In the Svarocisa-manvantara, he is named Vibhu. In the Auttama-manvantara, He is named Satyasena, and in the Tamasa-manvantara, He is named Hari
- In those valleys he enjoyed life with the women of Vidyadhara-loka by chanting the glories of the Supreme Lord, Hari
- It is said that Hari, the Personality of Godhead, is so transcendentally attractive that even those who are self-satisfied by self-realization and are factually liberated from all material bondage also become devotees of the Lord
- It is very difficult to achieve the spiritual abode of Hari, in the Vaikuntha planets, but you are so fortunate that you are already destined to go to that abode by worshiping Him as the supreme abode of all living entities
- Kalanemi and all the other demons were killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, and when Sukracarya, their spiritual master, brought them back to life, they were again killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- King Yayati performed various sacrifices, in which he offered abundant gifts to the brahmanas to satisfy the Supreme Lord, Hari, who is the reservoir of all the demigods and the object of all Vedic knowledge
- Kriya means varnasrama-dharma, everyone is engaged in his own work. Brahmana is engaged in his own work. Ksatriya is engaged in his own work. That is all right. But the ultimate goal should be hari-tosanam
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Srila Vyasadeva and then begin describing topics concerning the activities of Lord Hari
- Lord Brahma, thus looking upon the Lord in the shape of a mountain, concluded that He was Hari, the Personality of Godhead
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu wandered through all seven groups chanting the holy name, "Hari, Hari!" Raising His arms, He shouted, "All glories to Lord Jagannatha"
- Lord Gauranga, who is Sri Hari Himself, accepted the sentiments of Radha and thus fulfilled His own desires
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu ordered, "All of you eat, chanting the holy name of Hari." Immediately the holy names "Hari, Hari" resounded, filling the entire universe"
- Loudly chanting the holy name of Hari, all of them tasted the prasadam. As they tasted it, their minds became mad in the ecstasy of love
- Maharaja Dhrtarastra was to attain success in those preliminary actions because he was seated in a sanctified place and was concentrating upon one objective, namely the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Hari)
- My dear gentle wife Bhavani, when one performs benevolent activities for others, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is very pleased. And when the Lord is pleased, I am also pleased, along with all other living creatures
- My dear son, I have now explained in brief the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is creator of the manifested worlds. Without Him, Hari, the Lord, there are no other causes of the phenomenal and noumenal existences
- My Lord, You are certainly the inexhaustible Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, Sri Hari. It is to show Your mercy to the living entities that You have now assumed the form of an aquatic
- O learned brahmanas, just as hundreds and thousands of small rivulets issue from great reservoirs of water, innumerable incarnations flow from Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the reservoir of all power
- O learned Suta Gosvami! Please continue to explain such topics to us because we are all eager to hear. Besides that, topics which result in the discussion of the Lord Hari should certainly be discussed in the assembly of devotees
- O sons of the King, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is situated in everyone's heart. He is also within your hearts. Therefore chant the glories of the Lord and always meditate upon Him continuously
- One should mold his life in such a way that he cannot live in peace without drinking the nectar of the glorification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari. One can be thus elevated by being disgusted with the taste for sense enjoyment
- One who has surrendered himself unto the lotus feet of Lord Hari, as above mentioned, can transcend all influences of the modes of material nature and be fixed in the service of the Lord
- Passing along the beach, they saw a fisherman approaching with his net over his shoulder. Laughing, crying, dancing and singing, he kept repeating the holy name "Hari, Hari"
- Please hear the transcendental pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with faith and devotion. Giving up envy of the Lord, everyone chant the Lord's holy name, Hari
- Raising His two arms, the Lord said, "Chant! Chant!" Floating in transcendental bliss, the people responded by chanting the holy name of Hari
- Real utilization of advanced knowledge is to establish the glories of the Lord, and that is the real import. Scientific knowledge engaged in the service of the Lord and all similar activities are all factually hari-kirtana, or glorification of the Lord
- Regarding your question of dancing-show, whatever it may be, it may not deviate from the real Krishna Consciousness program. We are Hari Kirtana men, that's all
- Seeing that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was firmly fixed in the cult of Vaisnavism, Gopinatha Acarya, his brother-in-law, began to dance, clap his hands and chant, "Hari! Hari"
- Simply by chanting one holy name of Hari, a sinful man can counteract the reactions to more sins than he is able to commit
- Simply by hearing about Him, one develops love for Him. That is the gift of the Lord. On one side He takes away inauspicious things, and on the other side He awards the most auspicious things. That is the meaning of hari
- Since Hari’s devotees are transcendental to the control of the three material qualities, certainly He Himself is transcendental
- Since that time, my tongue also always vibrates the sound "Hari, Hari." I have no desire to say it, but still my tongue says it. I do not know what to do
- So far we are concerned, we are preaching the glories of Krishna throughout the world, to glorify Brajendra-nandana Hari
- So many sacrifices, ritualistic... All finished. You do not require to take trouble for these things if you have come to the point of sacrificing everything for Hari
- Some of them are called Haridasa. They always chant "Hari, Hari," and thus I thought they would steal the riches from someone's house
- Sometimes the Mayavadis, they say that any name, either of Hari or any other demigod, is equal. No. That is not. That is namaparadha
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced and chanted all around the platform, and as the holy name of Hari roared tumultuously, the whole universe became filled with the vibration
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them all and bade them farewell. Then all the devotees got up and left, loudly chanting the holy name of Hari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told everyone, "Say 'All glories to Haridasa Thakura!' and chant the holy name of Hari." Saying this, He personally began to dance
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus blessed them all, saying that they were all fortunate. In this way He praised them, and He felt very successful because they chanted the holy name of Lord Hari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabu said, "Go, friends, go through the streets of the town, meet every man at his door and ask him to sing the name of Hari with a holy life, and then come and report to Me every evening the result of your preaching"
- Sri Gadadhara dasa, the twenty-third branch, was understood to be the topmost, for he induced all the Muslim Kazis to chant the holy name of Lord Hari
- Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the Supersoul and guide of all living entities who have accepted material bodies within this world. He is the supreme controller of all material activities in material nature
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: After instructing Indra in this way, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the cause of the cosmic manifestation, then and there disappeared from the presence of the onlooking demigods
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King, when all the demigods offered Him their prayers, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Hari, carrying His weapons, the conchshell, disc and club, appeared first within their hearts and then before them
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King Pariksit, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, being thus worshiped with prayers by the demigods and Lord Brahma, appeared before them. His bodily effulgence resembled the simultaneous rising of thousands of suns
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, who is extremely affectionate to His devotees, was very pleased by the prayers offered by Daksa, and thus He appeared at that holy place known as Aghamarsana
- Srimad-Bhagavatam says that the highest perfectional stage of everyone's talent is to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, by his craftsmanship, scientific knowledge, philosophical research, or similar any other energy
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is transcendental to the three qualities of material nature"
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: After speaking in this way, Bali Maharaja offered his obeisances first to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, and then to Lord Brahma and Lord Siva
- Sukadeva Gosvami said to Maharaja Pariksit: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, after being seen in His transcendental form, instructing Brahmaji, the leader of the living entities, disappeared
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, in the form of a woman, captivated the demons and enabled the demigods to drink the nectar
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: Thereafter, by the supreme grace of the SPG, Sri Hari, all the demigods, headed by Indra and Vayu, were brought back to life. Being enlivened, the demigods began severely beating the very same demons who had defeated them before
- Suyajna, as the Indradeva, diminished very great miseries in the three planetary systems (upper, lower and intermediate), & because he so diminished the miseries of the universe, he was later called Hari by the great father of mankind, Svayambhuva Manu
- That is the verdict of Visvanatha Cakravarti: saksad-dharitvena. An authorized spiritual master is as good as Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The associates of the Lord said, "The Lord, Hari, whose bodily hue is like the indranila jewel, whose smiling is as beautiful as the kunda flower"
- The associates of the Lord said, "The Lord, Hari, whose silk dress is as yellow as golden autumn foliage, whose chest is beautified with garlands of flowers and who is always playing upon His flute
- The first and foremost duty of a pilgrim is to satisfy the Supreme Lord Hari
- The Gosvamis say, "Without any reference to these all Vedic literatures, any kind of devotional service is simply disturbance." Pancaratri-vidhim vina aikantiki harer bhaktir upatayaiva kalpate. Utpat, disturbance
- The harijana word was used by Gandhi unnecessarily for a class of men who are not fit for the position. Harijana means "the men of Hari." Just like Narada. Narada is called harijana. Great devotee is called harijana, "the persons related with Hari"
- The Lord was loudly chanting the holy name of Hari. Dancing in ecstatic love and raising His arms, He asked everyone to chant "Hari! Hari"
- The Lord wore a golden belt on His waist, bracelets on His arms, rings on His fingers, and ankle bells on His feet. Lord Hari, who is attractive to all the living entities of the three worlds, is known as Purusottama, the best personality
- The majority of people in this age of Kali are sinful, short-living, unfortunate and disturbed (mandah sumanda-matayo manda-bhagya hy upadrutah). For them, Caitanya Mahaprabhu has advised: harer nama harer nama, harer namaiva kevalam
- The millennium which followed the first Brahma millennium is known as the Padma-kalpa because in that millennium the universal lotus flower grew out of the navel reservoir of water of the Personality of Godhead, Hari
- The personal weapon used by Lord Krsna, the disc, is called hari-cakra, the disc of Hari. This cakra is the wheel of time. It expands from the beginning of the atoms up to the time of Brahma's death, and it controls all activities
- The religion of the Hindus has increased unlimitedly. There are always vibrations of "Hari! Hari!" We do not hear anything but this
- The sage Maitreya continued: O Vidura, all the progenitors of the universal population thus executed a sacrifice for thousands of years, for sacrifice is the best way to worship the Supreme Lord, Hari, the Personality of Godhead
- The SPG, Hari, is the soul and the Supersoul of all living entities. Every living entity is a manifestation of His energy in terms of the living soul and the material body. Therefore the Lord is the most dear, and He is the supreme controller
- The SPG, Sri Hari, is the master of all living entities, including all the prajapatis, such as Lord Brahma. Because He is the all-pervading and indestructible master, He has created all these trees and vegetables as eatables for other living entities
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the master of the three worlds, immediately caught the trident, and with the very same weapon he killed the enemy Kalanemi, along with his carrier, the lion
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, using His disc, which was sharp like a razor, at once cut off Rahu's head. When Rahu's head was severed from his body, the body, being untouched by the nectar, could not survive
- The time was there some years ago when Australia would not allow any colored men to enter, but now you have allowed Caitanya Mahaprabhu to enter Australia and inundated the whole country with Hari Nama Sankirtana
- The tour you have undertaken, O lord, is surely intended to protect the virtuous and kill the demons, since you embody the protecting energy of Sri Hari
- The word hari has different meanings, of which two are foremost. Hari means that He takes away all inauspicious things from the devotee's life and that He attracts the mind of the devotee by awarding him transcendental love of Godhead
- There are different yugas, millennium, and there are different processes. In this age, this is the process, kalau sankirtana, hari-kirtanat, simply chanting. Sit down anywhere, everywhere, and go on chanting, chanting, chanting
- There is no other cause of all causes than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari. Therefore this verse aham eva never indicates anything other than the Supreme Lord, and one should therefore follow the path of the Brahma-sampradaya
- This is confirmed in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, "If Hari, the Supreme Lord, is worshiped, adored and loved by a person, it should be understood that the person has finished all kinds of austerities, penances and similar processes for self realization"
- This is the mantra by which the inhabitants of Kusadvipa worship the fire-god. O fire-god, you are a part of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, and you carry to Him all the offerings of sacrifices
- This person falsely appearing as a brahmacari is actually the SPG, Hari, who has come in this form to take away all your land, wealth, beauty, power, fame and education. After taking everything from you, He will deliver it to Indra, your enemy
- This process of turning the senses from material attachment to the loving transcendental service of the Lord is called pratyahara, and the very process is called pranayama, ending in samadhi, or absorption in pleasing the Supreme Lord Hari by all means
- Through the popularizing of hari-kirtana, or the sankirtana movement, the brahminical culture and ksatriya government will automatically come back, and people will be extremely happy
- Thus during two seasons-the rainy season and autumn-I (Narada Muni) had the opportunity to hear these great-souled sages constantly chant the unadulterated glories of the Lord Hari
- Time is the potency of the almighty Personality of Godhead, Hari, who controls all physical movement although He is not visible in the physical world
- To prove that the statement of His servant Prahlada Maharaja was substantial - in other words, to prove that the Supreme Lord is present everywhere, even within the pillar of an assembly hall - the SPG, Hari, exhibited a wonderful form never before seen
- Transcendental knowledge in relation with the Supreme Lord Hari is knowledge resulting in the complete suspension of the waves and whirlpools of the material modes
- Understanding the acts of the great demon Hayagriva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, who is full of all opulences, assumed the form of a fish and saved the Vedas by killing the demon
- Upananda said, "We have all been saved from different calamities by the grace of Lord Hari. Now we should be cautious and leave this place and reside somewhere where we can live peacefully"
- We do not know what is Hari, what is God, what is Krsna, and what is our activity to please Him. That we have to learn. That we have to learn satam prasangat, by association with devotees
- When all of the devotees saw the mercy of the Lord upon the two brothers, they were very much gladdened, and they began to chant the holy name of the Lord, "Hari! Hari"
- When all the disciples chanted the holy names Krsna, Rama and Hari, the Buddhist teacher regained consciousness and immediately began to chant the holy name of Lord Hari
- When Hari, the supreme enjoyer of all sacrifices, is invited to fulfill your desire for a son, all the demigods will come with Him and take their shares in the sacrifice
- When He heard all the cowherd boys also chanting "Hari! Hari!" Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased. He approached them, put His hand on their heads and said, "Go on chanting like that"
- When Lord Siva heard about the pastimes performed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, in the form of an attractive woman, he mounted his bull and went to see the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed through Radha-desa, whoever saw Him in ecstasy exclaimed, "Hari! Hari!" As they chanted this with the Lord, all the unhappiness of material existence diminished
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up, all the Vaisnavas loudly chanted, "Hari! Hari!" in great jubilation. The auspicious sound filled the air in all directions
- When the jug of nectar was carried off by the demons, the demigods were morose. Thus they sought shelter at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari
- When the Kumaras, although by far the fittest persons, were thus forbidden entrance by the two chief doorkeepers of Hari while other divinities looked on, their eyes suddenly turned red because of anger due to their great eagerness to see Sri Hari
- When the people assembled, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu raised His arms and said very loudly, "Haribol!" The people responded to the Lord and became ecstatic. As if mad, they began to dance and to vibrate the transcendental sound "Hari"
- When the sankirtana movement thus started, no one in Navadvipa could hear any sound other than the words "Hari! Hari!" and the beating of the mrdanga and clashing of hand bells
- Whenever the crowds were too great, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up, raised His hands and chanted, "Hari! Hari!" to which all the people responded, filling both the land and sky with the vibration
- While all the ladies vibrated the holy name of Hari on earth, in the heavenly planets dancing and music were going on, for the demigods were very curious
- Why could Prakasananda not utter the names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'? He chanted the name 'Caitanya' thrice. As far as I am concerned, simply by seeing You I am moved to chant the holy names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'