Category:Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura
"Visvanatha Cakravarti"|"Visvanath Chakravarty"|"Visvanath Cakravarti Thakura"|"Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura" |"Visvanatha Cakravarti" |"Visvanatha"
- Śrīla Viśvanātha Cakravartī Thākura"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (BG)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (CC and Other Books)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (Conversations)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (Lectures, BG)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (Lectures, Other)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (Lectures, SB)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (Letters)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (SB cantos 1 - 3)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (SB cantos 4 - 5)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (SB cantos 6 - 7)
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura (SB cantos 8 - 12)
- According to Sri Visvanatha Carkavarti Thakura, there was a regular psychological reaction on the occasion. First of all, rising from their seats, although they wanted to see their husband, they were deterred because of feminine shyness
- According to Srila Jiva Gosvami and Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the word used here is nirvana-vilambitani, that which minimizes the value of liberation
- According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti, the plan was made by the will of the Lord, and by the will of the Lord the situation of frustration was created
- According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti, there are two classes of paramahamsas, namely the brahmanandis (impersonalists) and the premanandis (devotees), and both are awarded their desired destinations, although the premanandis are more fortunate
- According to Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time
- An empowered spiritual master is authorized by Krsna and his own guru and should therefore be considered as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. That is the verdict of Visvanatha Cakravarti
- As described by Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the original mellow, adi-rasa, is conjugal love. Krsna is the origin of pure and spiritual conjugal love
- As soon as we become envious of the acarya, there is falldown, immediately. Yasyaprasadan na gatih kuto 'pi. Yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah. This is the teaching of Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura. He's also acarya. Acarya-parampara
- At the end of the complete dissolution, Dhruva Maharaja would go directly to Vaikunthaloka, to a spiritual planet in the spiritual sky. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments in this connection that Dhruvaloka is one of the lokas like Svetadvipa
- I may pass away at any moment. This movement should go on, you see, this movement started by Caitanya Mahaprabhu, then accelerated by Gosvamis, and then again Visvanatha Cakravarti
- In the Amarakosa Sanskrit dictionary the word murti carries import in twofold meanings, namely, form and difficulty. Therefore amurtikam is explained by Acarya Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura as meaning "without difficulty"
- It is stated by Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura it is only by pleasing the Spiritual Master that one can be assured of pleasing Krishna. So my only request to my disciples all over the world on this day is to go on pushing on this movement
- It is stated by Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura that Krsna saved the cowherd boys from the blazing forest fire within a second, while their eyes were closed
- One may ask how this was possible, and Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura reminds us that Krsna, although bound by a small rope, could show His mother the whole universe within His mouth. How was this possible?
- One may think that the maya taken away by Lord Krsna was mahamaya, but Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that it was yogamaya, the potency by which Krsna is sometimes manifest and sometimes not manifest
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also comments that since Sati is the superintendent deity of the external potency, when she quit her body she did not get a spiritual body but simply transferred from the body she had received from Daksa
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura clearly defines the import of purification as cessation from sex indulgence
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura says that when one satisfies the spiritual master, he satisfies the Supreme Lord. It is exactly like service in a government office. One has to work under the supervision of the departmental head
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, a great acarya and devotee in the humor of conjugal love with the Lord, remarks very saliently in this regard
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti has also supported Srila Jiva Gosvami (that there is always a devastation after the end of each and every Manu), and he (Sri Cakravarti) has also quoted from Bhagavatamrta about this inundation after each Manu
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also notes that no one can describe Krsna in fullness. Whatever descriptions we find in Srimad-Bhagavatam are partial explanations of Krsna
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura and Srila Jiva Gosvami do not believe that the King's (Maharaja Pariksit's) action was due to his past misdeeds. The arrangement was so made by the Lord just to call the King back home, back to Godhead
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that although it was daytime for Lord Brahma, Brahma felt sleepy for a short time by the supreme will of the Lord. This short period is regarded as Lord Brahma's night
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that Bhuta had two wives. One of them, Sarupa, gave birth to the eleven Rudras, and the other wife gave birth to the associates of the Rudras known as the ghosts and hobgoblins
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that it was yogamaya, the potency by which Krsna is sometimes manifest and sometimes not manifest
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that the word anvaha means that he (Svayambhuva Manu) chanted or murmured to himself, not that he lectured to anyone
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that those who seek gold and silver can worship Lord Siva for material opulences
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains that devotional service is actually bhadra sati, not abhadra asati. In other words, knowledge of devotional service can be neither inauspicious nor contrary to etiquette
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains that due to the Brahman effulgence of such a devotee as Jada Bharata, the deity was fractured
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains that the different hellish planets within this universe are held slightly above the Garbhodaka Ocean and remain situated there
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura gives herein a good example. When a father finds his child deeply asleep but the child has to take some medicine to cure some disease, the father pinches the child so that the child will get up and take the medicine
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has given accurate astronomical information about the location of Lokaloka Mountain, the movements of the sun globe and the distance between the sun and the circumference of the universe
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has given us a transcendental literary work entitled Krsna-bhavanamrta, which is full with Krsna's pastimes. Exalted devotees can remain absorbed in Krsna-thought by reading such books
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has justified the contradiction by research in the Visnu Purana and Brahma Purana
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has very critically discussed all these bhava displays in connection with some unscrupulous neophyte's imitating the above symptoms for cheap appreciation
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura herein gives a very good example. When one is very eager for more and more money, he is not satisfied even when he is a millionaire or a multimillionaire, but wants to earn more and more money by any means
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura points out that according to the Bhagavad-gita, Brahma's day and Brahma's night are periods of solar years expanding to 4,300,000 multiplied by 1,000
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura points out that according to the Bhagavad-gita, Brahma’s day and Brahma’s night are periods of solar years expanding to 4,300,000 multiplied by 1,000
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura remarks here that this Vaikuntha planet, like Srimad-Bhagavatam, appears and is said to be born or created, but both Srimad-Bhagavatam and Vaikuntha eternally exist beyond the material universes
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura remarks in this connection that if sannyasis (persons in the renounced order of life, who have left their homes for self-realization) do not engage themselves in the devotional service of the Lord
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura replies that the pastimes of the Lord in Vrndavana are meant to be relished by advanced devotees of the Lord. Neophyte devotees will misunderstand such supreme transcendental activities of the Lord
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura said that by the mercy of the spiritual master one is blessed with the mercy of the Supreme Lord
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura says that although the statements of the Yamadutas were fully upheld by Vedic principles, the statements of the Visnudutas were triumphant. This was confirmed by Yamaraja himself
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura specifically deals with the original and pure sex psychology (adi-rasa), devoid of all mundane inebriety
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura suggests that the rsis like Saunaka and others who were hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam from Suta Gosvami at Naimisaranya were not happy to hear about the Yadu's dying in the madness of intoxication
- Thakura Visvanatha Cakravarti, another very learned acarya of the same (Gaudiya) sampradaya, has approved the songs by Thakura Narottama dasa to be as good as Vedic mantras. And this is so because of the subject matter
- That is the verdict of Visvanatha Cakravarti: saksad-dharitvena. An authorized spiritual master is as good as Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The disciplic succession from Brahma is called the Brahma-sampradaya, and it descends as follows: Visvanatha Cakravarti, Jagannatha dasa Babaji, Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Gaurakisora dasa Babaji, Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- The ecstatic maha-bhava manifestation is possible only in the persons of Radharani and Her associates. Great acaryas like Srila Rupa Gosvami and Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura have analyzed these maha-bhava speeches of Srimati Radharani
- The living entity does not suffer due to the body's fatigue. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti gives an example of a child heavily decorated with ornaments; although the child's body is very delicate, he does not feel fatigue
- The neophyte devotee gives more attention to the Deity in the temple than to other devotees, so Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura warns that this sort of mentality should be corrected
- The separation of Lord Ramacandra from Sitadevi, as well as the consequent tribulation they suffered, is but another display of transcendental bliss. That is the opinion of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura
- This middle portion of the sky is called Bhuvarloka, as confirmed by both Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti and Srila Jiva Gosvami. In Bhagavad-gita it is stated that those who develop in the mode of passion are situated in the middle region
- Visvanatha Cakravarti has described the ritualistic performers to be like crows because crows delight in eating the remnants of food which has been thrown into the dustbin
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura estimates that Dhruvaloka, the polestar, is 3,800,000 yojanas above the sun. Above Dhruvaloka by 10,000,000 yojanas is Maharloka, above Maharloka by 20,000,000 yojanas is Janaloka
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains the position of brahmanas and ksatriyas as follows...
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains, "My only concern is to see whether I am factually, faithfully carrying out the order of my guru"
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has sung: "I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master. Only by his satisfaction can one please the SPG, and when he is dissatisfied there is only havoc on the path of spiritual realization"
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura remarks that Saubhari Muni had fallen from his austerity because of a vaisnava-aparadha
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura says by pleasing guru, you can please Krsna. Even Krsna is not pleased, if the guru is pleased, Krsna has to be pleased. Because he's representative
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura says that the statements of Narottama dasa Thakura are as good as Vedic evidences. Therefore we quote from Narottama dasa Thakura often
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, one of the great acaryas in the modern age, explains that anubhava, or the glory of the Lord, is first appreciated by the devotee in ecstasy manifesting the symptoms of perspiring, trembling, weeping, bodily eruptions, etc
- Visvanatha said, "Sannyasis become attracted by philanthropic work, such as opening educational institutions, hospitals or monasteries, churches or temples of demigods, they find only trouble from such engagements, not only in this life but in the next"
- Why Arjuna was puzzled by Krsna's going to see Karanarnavasayi Visnu in the spiritual world is fully discussed in the commentaries of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, as follows
- Within the past five hundred years, many erudite scholars & acaryas like Jiva Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami, Visvanatha Cakravarti, Vallabhacarya, & many other distinguished scholars even after the time of Lord Caitanya made elaborate commentaries on the SB