Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Subtle Body - Mind, Intelligence, Ego
Pages in category "Questions On... Subtle Body - Mind, Intelligence, Ego"
The following 112 pages are in this category, out of 112 total.
- According to karma (varieties of the body, according to the mentality)?
- An extra burden on the mind (when there is bunch of hair, we feel it is an extra burden)?... Makes it, weighs heavily on the mind?... So that's the reason why? It makes the mind lighter?
- And a devotee is acting, but he's not getting any mental impression? From his activities?
- And steady intelligence, that is acquired by hearing? We can keep our intelligence steady by hearing?
- As You have explained in "Two Essays", that as body is covered by shirt and coat, similarly, soul is covered by mind, intelligence, and false ego - if it is so, then who are mind, intelligence and false ego? Who controls them?
- At the time of sleeping, there is a subtle reality that the subtle body enters into?
- Bhakti is really a process of decontaminating the mind?
- But how do you know it (egoism is there in ass also)?
- But is it possible to also learn spiritual truths from this..., from representatives on the subtle plane?
- But isn't it better to give up all ego altogether?
- But the intelligence is awarded from... Intelligence, according to the individual, is awarded according to pious activities?
- By pleasing Lord, one does not please one's own ego also to some extent?
- Can a self exist without a body?
- Can one be egoistic and be spiritual at the same time, I mean, be proud of himself, not as a body, but proud of his state of the spirit?
- Can we stop mental speculation immediately
- Can you tell me again what intelligence is?
- Chanting is mental concentration, is it?
- Could you discuss the various levels on the way to bliss consciousness? What happens to the body and the mind as one approaches bliss consciousness?
- Do mental sinful activities cause a bad reaction?
- Does one go into a subtle machine?
- Does that mean that he (one who is in the mode of goodness) is not... He's experiencing the subtle body inside of the gross body, or what does that mean exactly?
- Does the mind play any part in the evolutionary process? The mind?
- Does the soul suffer with the mind, or he's always enjoying?
- Equal in intelligence (woman is not equally intelligent as a man)?
- Even the mind occupies space and transpires in time. Mind occupies space and works in time. Is that also a fact?
- Even with this education, they (the children in Gurukula) still might not be intelligent, what you consider intelligent people. How, you know... Is it more likely that they will be what you would term intelligent, having been educated in this system?
- He says reason is by nature equal in all men. Now isn't reasoning power different in different men?
- He wants to know something about psychic phenomena
- How about people who aren't first-class intelligence, people, as you mentioned, the foolish. What message...?
- How can a man's intelligence be rectified? If intelligence is the...
- How does one practice to keep the mind from being restless?
- How does one train the mind?
- How does our philosophy define mind and intelligence?
- How is it possible to forget the subtle body?
- How the five great elements are a gross representation of the subtle false ego?
- How we can come over the ego?
- How will it be possible, Prabhupada, for a man whose mind is clouded to constantly chant Hare Krsna?
- I mean... We can't understand Krsna with our mind
- I'm not sure that I understand the process by which one might be thinking of something in his mind, and how that soul is put into a body similar to what that thought is. In other words, how can the soul be subject to what the mind is thinking of?
- If He is giving us intelligence, why doesn't He give us enough intelligence so that we could be God conscious?
- If the brahma-jyotir is in the spiritual sky, how could we reach it in our mind? Is it in our mind also?
- If the devotee is situated on the platform of the brahma-bhutah, but he may not necessarily see everything as Brahman, does that mean that his realization is by intelligence, and by his activity, or what does that mean?
- If you chant from the lips or if you chant just in your mind as you walk?
- Is (past and future) concerned with this body. It is concerned, exactly, with this body and with this ego, with regard to which there is a before and an after, up and down. And if you take away this ego, what's there, what's left?
- Is it possible to chant within one's mind?
- Is it, just to satisfy their own ego that they (interpreters of bhagavad Gita who mislead people) are doing in this way?
- Is the cloud in our mind or is the cloud in the sky also?
- Is the thinking material?
- Is there a time when the subtle body ceases to exist?
- Is there any difference between the ego of a person who is collecting money, or material things, all his life, or a person who is giving all the material things for the service of humanity at large? Is there any difference between the two?
- Is there ever a time when the subtle body dies?
- Is there false ego in different modes? Like false ego in the mode of ignorance, false in the mode of passion or goodness?
- It is explained that the intelligence is the next door neighbor of the soul, can you explain exactly what that means, Srila Prabhupada?
- It's very easy to convince some people that they're not their bodies, but it's not very easy to convince them that they're not their minds. Is there some way we can...?
- Otherwise, it's the same subtle body... (subtle body can be finished when you are liberated from material bondage)?
- Our mind gets distracted even while we're engaged in selling Back to Godhead, then how can we always, how can we always return to that point of remembering even though our senses are being dragged by billboard signs and so many...
- Particular intelligence is given to human being?
- Prabhupada, even when the mind is cleared, does there not continue to be an objective temporary existence of material phenomena?
- Protect your mind... Wed it to the soul and taken away from all extraneous things which are made up of maya, is that not the meaning?
- So according to different transcendental emotions, the mind will be agitated or calm or...?
- So false ego is the base of all material activities, but I may be acting in a certain mode, contaminated in a certain way. Is that right?
- So is subtle body ever finished?
- So let's say someone is in a very degraded condition of life, modes of ignorance, passion. Their mind is always disturbed. Is surrender to Krsna.... Is it possible that it can be independent even of the mind?
- So that mind is part of the soul. It's just, it's polluted?
- So we can bring the mind under control of Krsna?
- Sometimes questions are raised saying that how do we know that a bird is more intelligent than a human being?
- Srila Prabhupada, does the soul, the ghost, enter into the other man's body? The soul is occupying one body, and the ghost, as another soul, does he enter that body? There's two souls in the one body?
- Srila Prabhupada, I heard on one lecture tape, you mentioned your Guru Maharaja has said that in the morning he had to beat the mind into submission. How can we do this?
- Srila Prabhupada, is the subtle bodies in the subtle world, are they made up of subtle atoms?
- Srila Prabhupada, originally the desires come from the subtle body or from the soul?
- Srila Prabhupada, the pure devotee's spirit soul is not trapped by the gross and subtle bodies?
- Srila Prabhupada? How does one become free from that ghostly body?
- Swamiji, in one of Professor Sanyal's books he says that the mind is an organ of the soul. Is that correct? I always thought the mind was part of the material, the subtle body, the subtle material body
- Swamiji, is there such thing as mind, intelligence, and ego in the spiritual realm?
- That idea (the bodily concept of life) just in the mind?
- The first mantra, Hare Krsna mantra, that's for, you say, that's to clean the mind of the material contam...?
- The material elements are described, the mind, intelligence, and false ego. What's the, what is that mind, you know, that material mind? In other words, there's a spiritual mind and a material mind?
- The mind and the intelligence, they are not material? ...But they don't die? They die also?
- The relationship of mind to the soul, how the mind comes to know that it has or that there is a soul
- The subtle forms of the living entities take place in the heart of the Supreme Being, and such forms take tangible shape at the time of creation
- There's subtle and the gross has no realm in the subtle?
- They would posit that there's a mental functioning going on, a thinking functioning going on that we're not conscious of. I think we don't agree with that. Is that correct? We say that there's one mind, sometimes mental impressions come that are stored...
- This thing about it (a big bunch of hair) actually weighing down on the mind, is that fair to say?
- We say that there's one mind, sometimes mental impressions come that are stored... but in that storage area of the consciousness, there is no thinking going on there. Is that correct? The unconsciousness mind is not thinking like the conscious mind
- Well, when you're chanting it's (the false ego) dissolved, actually... Forget yourself?
- What can you do to still two voices inside yourself?
- What happens to the mind, intelligence and false ego when the soul is liberated?
- What happens to your mind? What do you do with your mind when you chant?
- What is the difference between mind and soul?
- What is the difference between the mind and the soul?
- What is the purpose of this internal dialogue? Internal dialogue, we talk to ourselves all the time, we can't be silent.
- What would you have us identify with? How would you have us identify?
- What's the subtle body like?
- When I say Christ consciousness, to get your mind on the same level as the atoms, and on a higher level, beyond the atoms as pure spirit - are these two levels of consciousness?
- When the soul was in the spiritual sky, it also had a mind and an intelligence like here?
- When they go back to Godhead, some people can remember their past lives? In the mind? I thought the mind was left behind
- When we get the next body does our mind retain much of what is learned in the life before? At least the general principles? Or does it start all over again and live within that body and gain its knowledge through that body?
- When we sleep, when we dream, are we carried away by the three subtle elements, mind, intelligence?
- Whenever there is perception coming into the mind, there is a conflict?
- Where does it have to be (the mind while chanting)? It has to be fixed?
- Whether or not it is possible for the soul to exist without having this external gross and subtle body covering it?
- Why is it sometimes if we are sincerely trying to serve Krsna we still make mistakes? We make in our service some mistakes. Does that mean that our mistakes come from the false ego?
- Will I ever, in another life, will I feel my "I," my ego? Will I feel that again?
- Will, willing something is more like desiring something, isn't it?
- Would that (greatest happiness be experienced) by all the senses - mind, intelligence...?
- Would the intellect be helpful in knowing God?
- You were saying that when one is in the mode of goodness, that he is on the mental platform?
- Your line is so very good in saying that the real evolution of man's mind has been his ability to produce more and more the functions of whatever the mind may be. We know what the brain is, but we don't know what the mind is?