This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Redness (20 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Redness"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- He (Lord Krsna) exhibited His white and red complexions in the Satya and Treta ages respectively. He did not exhibit the remaining color, yellow-gold, until He appeared as Lord Caitanya, who is known as Gaura Hari
- He (Sridama) would carry a buffalo horn, and his turban was of reddish, copper color. His bodily complexion was blackish, and around his neck there was a nice garland. He would always challenge Krsna in joking friendship
- His (Lord Krsna) blackish bodily hue appears just like the indranila jewel. There are reddish signs on His eyes, and small soft hairs are coming out on His body. The appearance of these symptoms has made Him extraordinarily beautiful
- His chest had brushed against their breasts, crushing His flower garland and coloring it with red kunkuma powder. Attracted by the fragrance of that garland, humming bumblebees followed Krsna like celestial beings of Gandharvaloka
- His lotus feet are held by the gopis on their breasts, which are smeared with kunkuma powder, but when Krsna travels in the Vrndavana forest with Balarama and His boyfriends, the reddish powder falls on the ground of the Vrndavana forest
- In the beginning of His (Krsna's) kaisora age - there are reddish borders around His eyes, and a growth of soft hairs on His body
- In the beginning of the pauganda age there is a very nice reddish luster on His (Krsna's) lips, His abdomen is very thin, and on His neck are circles like those on a conchshell
- In the Satya-yuga the color of the principal incarnation is white. In the Treta-yuga the color is red, in the Dvapara-yuga the color is blackish (Krsna), and in the Kali-yuga the color of the principal incarnation is yellow
- It is natural that when a child becomes angry he can begin crying with false tears in his eyes. So Krsna did this, and biting His reddish lips with His teeth, He broke the pot with a stone, entered a room and began to eat the freshly churned butter
- King Nanda said, "Previously He (Krsna) had a white color, then a red color, then a yellow color. He also said that this boy was once the son of Vasudeva, and everyone who knows of His previous birth calls Him Vasudeva"
- Krsna continued, "I am very sorry for it. I expected your (Rukmini's) red lips would tremble in anger when you heard My statement that you would chastise Me in many words. O perfection of love, I never expected that your condition would be like this"
- Krsna has two reddish, widely spread eyes. These are ministers of the king, and they subdue the pride of Cupid, who also has beautiful eyes. That face of Govinda, which is full of happiness, is the home of the pastimes of beauty
- Krsna immediately pressed down the serpent's (Kaliya's) hoods and jumped up on them. The Lord's lotus feet became tinged with red from the rays of the jewels on the snake's hoods
- Krsna was also garlanded with flowers and painted with different colored minerals collected from the caves of Govardhana Hill. Govardhana Hill is always famous for supplying natural red oxides, and Krsna and His friends painted their bodies with them
- Krsna's chest had brushed against the breasts of the gopis, crushing His flower garland and coloring it with red kunkuma powder
- Kundalata said, "There are reddish signs on His (Krsna's) eyes, and small soft hairs are coming out on His body. The appearance of these symptoms has made Him extraordinarily beautiful"
- On the coiled lap of Sesa Naga, Krsna was sitting very soberly, with four hands. His eyes were like the reddish petals of the lotus flower. After returning to the Yamuna, Akrura saw Balarama turned into Sesa Naga and Krsna turned into Maha-Visnu
- One gopis said, "His (Krsna's) teeth are reddish, and so it appears that He has assumed a feature of anger"
- She (one gopi) praised His (Krsna's) blackish complexion, the reddish color of chewing pan enhancing His beauty hundreds of times, the curling hair on His head, the kunkuma red spots on His body and the tilaka on His forehead
- Similarly, Maharaj Nanda addressed his wife, "My dear Yasoda, just look at your offspring, Krsna! See His blackish bodily luster, His eyes tinged with red color, His broad chest and His nice golden necklace
- So the lusty aborigine girls, while looking toward Krsna playing His flute, saw the reddish kunkuma on the ground and immediately took it and smeared it over their faces and breasts
- The golden Lord Krsna is Lord Caitanya, who is worshiped by intelligent men in this age. That is confirmed in SB by Garga Muni, who said that although the child Krsna was blackish, He also appears in three other colors - red, white and yellow
- The gopis continued, "Otherwise, how is it possible that the aroma of His (Krsna's) garland, which is smeared with the red kunkuma from the breasts of the goddess of fortune, can be perceived in the breeze blowing here?"
- The Lord's body is blackish, but is eternal, full of bliss and knowledge, and very, very beautiful. His eyes are always peaceful, and they are reddish like the rising morning sun
- The redness of the white conchshell due to the lip-touch of the Lord is a symbol of spiritual significance
- The Supreme Being, whether appearing as sukla, rakta or pita (white, red or yellow), is the same person. When He appears in different incarnations, He appears in different colors, just like the sunshine, which contains seven colors
- They (the gopis) felt they had no desire to be fulfilled. Fully satisfied in the company of Krsna, they spread their cloths on the ground. These garments were made of fine linen and smeared with the red kunkuma which decorated their breasts
- This boy (Krsna) has a reddish luster in seven places - His eyes, the ends of His hands, the ends of His legs, His palate, His lips, His tongue and His nails. A reddish luster in these seven places is considered to be auspicious
- This boy (Krsna) has three other colors - white, red and yellow - as He appears in different ages. Now He has appeared in a transcendental blackish color
- Those Visnu forms (Krsna's cowherd boy and calf expansions), by Their pure smiling, and by the sidelong glances of Their reddish eyes, created and protected the desires of Their own devotees, as if by the modes of passion & goodness - SB 10.13.50
- When Krsna and Rukmini were talking, Rukmini became frightened of separation from Krsna, and therefore she began scratching the earth with her red, lotus-like nails
- When Lord Sri Krsna stood up with His disc to kill Salva, He appeared just like a mountain with the red sun rising over it
- When the women saw Pradyumna, dressed in yellowish garments, with very long arms, curling hair, beautiful reddish eyes, a smiling face, jewelry and ornaments, they at first could not recognize him as a personality different from Krsna
- When they came out into the midst of the forest, they saw that while Krsna was walking some of the leaves and creepers of Vrndavana had turned reddish from the kunkuma powder which fell from His lotus feet
- Without replying to a word of Krsna's statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor
- Yet in Krsna's pastimes the red lotuses, which are the hands of the gopis, protect their cakravaka breasts. This is a metaphor of contradiction
- Your (Nanda Maharaja) son Krsna appears as an incarnation in every millennium. In the past, He assumed three different colors - white, red and yellow - and now He has appeared in a blackish color - SB 10.8.13