Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
memories | memorious | memorization | memorize | memorized | memorizing | memory
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Memory"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- A man is called intelligent if he has a sharp memory and fine discretion
- A temple was constructed within which Gaura-Nityananda Deities are existing. The temple was constructed by the late Prasannakumara Karapharma. A tablet was installed in his memory in the Bengali year 1323 (A.D. 1916), in the month of Vaisakha (April-May)
- Aghasura also thought that when he would offer grains and water in memory of his brother and sister and kill Krsna and all the cowherd boys, then automatically all the inhabitants of Vrndavana would die
- All the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were noted by His personal secretary Svarupa Damodara and repeated to Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, who memorized them
- Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience
- As the religious principles are reducing, so many other things are reducing, of which the duration of life, bodily strength, mercifulness, memory
- At a time beyond memory, after agitating the material nature into three qualities, the Supreme Personality of Godhead placed the semen of innumerable living entities within the womb of that material nature
- Brahmacari life or celibacy is better, because if the semina is saved it fertilizes the brain for sharpening the memory, and if there is good memory, our Krishna Consciousness becomes perfect
- By this potency, Srila Rupa Gosvami could revive the activities of Krsna in Vrndavana, activities almost lost to memory. In this way, He spread Krsna consciousness throughout the world
- Devotion to Godhead was his (Gandhi's) ultimate aim and when I say that his sacred memory should be perpetuated not in the ordinary way but in the Gandhian way, I mean that fitting respect to his memory will be done in the following manner
- Doubt, misapprehension, correct apprehension, memory and sleep, as determined by their different functions, are said to be the distinct characteristics of intelligence
- Due to want of so many necessities of life, naturally the duration of life is reduced, the memory is short, intelligence is meager, mutual dealings are full of hypocrisy and so on
- For eighty-five thousand years, Kartaviryarjuna continuously enjoyed material opulences with full bodily strength and unimpaired memory
- For lecturing, any one of our members can speak. Simply one has to memorize the purports and then speak in one's own language
- Formerly there was no need to record the messages of the Vedas, because people in earlier ages were more intelligent and had sharper memories. They could follow the instructions simply by hearing once from the mouth of a bona fide spiritual master
- Formerly, there was no need of books. Nowadays, at the present moment, our memory is not so sharp due to Kali-yuga. Therefore Vyasadeva wrote in books, in words, because he foresaw that The people in this age, they will be dull-headed rascals
- From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost one falls down again into the material pool
- I was not very much inclined to take sannyasa, but Guru Maharaja is so kind that he ultimately forced me to take sannyasa and do this work. So it is all his kindness. So this is the memory of his kindness
- If after studying one can remember a subject matter, he is gifted with a good memory, or smrti
- If semen is not discharged unnecessarily, one becomes extremely strong in memory, determination, activity and the vitality of one's bodily energy
- If someone is asked what one did exactly at the same time one day earlier, it would be very difficult for a common man to answer immediately. He would surely have to dredge his memory to recall what he was doing exactly
- If we increase our memory, then we approach godly nature
- If you can manage to remember or memorize the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, at the end of your life, that is your success
- Immediately after my meeting, he (my Guru Maharaja) said this, that "Why don't you preach this Caitanya's cult in the Western countries?" That is a memorable day. Of course, I did not know that I will have to do it
- In this age the duration of the material body of the people in general is much reduced, and so is the memory
- In this age we are decreasing our memory. Formerly, when this Bhagavad-gita was written by Vyasadeva, before that, people were so sharp in their memory that there was no need of publication of books
- King Nrga had remained in the well as a big lizard for a very long time. He told Lord Krsna, "In spite of being put into that degraded condition of life, I simply thought of You, my dear Lord, and my memory was never vanquished"
- King Nrga said, "I think that this great desire to see You (Krsna), combined with my tendency to perform ritualistic and charitable activities, has enabled me to retain the memory of who I was in my former life, even though I became a lizard
- Krsna's knowledge is so perfect that He remembers all the incidents of His appearances some millions and billions of years in the past, but Arjuna's memory and knowledge are limited by time and space, for he is an ordinary human being
- Later on, Vyasadeva thought it wise to write down the Vedas because in this age people are short-memoried and unable to remember all the instructions given by the spiritual master
- Lusty desires vanquish one's senses, mind, life, soul, religious principles, patience, intelligence, shyness, beauty, strength, memory and truthfulness
- Maya is always placing the memories of our past sinful activities before us, and encouraging us to come once again into her clutches, but by always chanting HK and keeping our mind fixed on Krishna, he will give us the strength to resist her demands
- Memory may be poor. Everything depends on cultivation. If you cultivate something, your memory increases. Everyone becomes expert not in one day but by cultivation. Similarly, if you try to remember, then your memory will help you to remember
- Nimai Pandita at once memorized all the slokas without an error. He quoted the sixty-fourth sloka and pointed out certain rhetorical and literary irregularities
- Now, gradually, that memory is decreasing. That means we are not advancing. We are decreasing in our duration of life. We are decreasing in our memory. We are decreasing in our prosperity
- O great sage (Narada Muni), time annihilates everything in due course, so how is it that this subject matter, which happened prior to this day of Brahma, is still fresh in your memory, undisturbed by time?
- On the Disappearance Day of my Guru Maharaja, you may hold meeting to discuss His activities and offer respect to His Memory. Practically, this movement is His because it is under His order that I have come to your country
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: strength, memory, independence, tactfulness, luster, patience, kind-heartedness, ingenuity, gentility, mannerliness and determination
- Pushed downward all of a sudden by the wind, the child comes out with great trouble, head downward, breathless and deprived of memory due to severe agony
- The brahmacari system of life is especially advantageous in that it increases the power of memory and determination
- The camara with which she (Rukmini) was serving Krsna immediately fell from her hand. Her brain and memory became puzzled, and she lost consciousness
- The evil spirits like Bhutas, Pretas, Pisacas, Yaksas, Raksasas and Vinayakas, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams
- The great sage Narada thought it fitting that, although the brothers would be punished to become trees, by his mercy they would continue to keep their memory and be able to know why they were being punished
- The Lord replied, "By the grace of the Lord someone may become a great poet, and similarly by His grace someone else may become a great sruti-dhara who can memorize anything immediately"
- The Mahabharata is history, and simply by studying, hearing and memorizing the transcendental activities of Krsna, the less intelligent can also gradually rise to the standard of pure devotees
- The process is that you should memorize the purports of my books and then speak them in your own words. Do not adulterate or change anything. Then you will be the perfect preacher
- The seven opulences listed - fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience - are considered feminine
- The transcendental vibration from the mouth of a pure devotee is so powerful that it can revive the living entity's memory of his eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The two demigods Nalakuvara and Manigriva, because of their continuing memory, could understand the supremacy of Krsna by the grace of Narada
- They (the gopis) were simply thinking of the pastimes of Krsna in great love and affection. Being absorbed in thought of Him, they experienced loss of memory, and with dampened eyes they began to see the very pastimes of Krsna
- They (the sages) never discharge their semen, either knowingly or unknowingly. By such celibacy they are able to raise the semen to the brain. Thus they become most intelligent and develop very sharp memories
- This Krishna Consciousness Movement is a treatment for reviving the memory that we all belong to Krishna's family
- Through Krsna one gets real knowledge and memory and one also forgets
- Vasudeva said, "The resolution of intelligence and the sharp memory of the living entity are also You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vidura said to Dhrtarastra: You have been blind from your very birth, and recently you have become hard of hearing. Your memory is shortened, and your intelligence is disturbed. Your teeth are loose, your liver is defective, and you are coughing up mucus
- Vyasadeva thought it wise to write down the Vedas, because in this age people are short-memoried and unable to remember all the instructions given by the spiritual master. Therefore, he left all the Vedic knowledge in the form of books
- Vyasadeva wrote those Vedic traditions into books. Vyasadeva is the first man who wrote this Vedic knowledge into writing. Before that, there was no writing. Only by hearing, by memory, the students will grasp the whole thing and coming down, tradition
- Why you are suffering? Forgetting Krsna. That's all. Now you revive your memory about Krsna, you become happy. That's all. Very simple thing. Now don't try to find out the history when you forgot
- Witches like Kotara, Revati, Jyestha, Putana and Matrka, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams