"nara-narayana" | "Narayana Rsi" | "Nara and Narayana Rsi" | "Nara-Narayana sages" - twins
- Śri Nara-Nārāyaṇa
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Nara-Narayana"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Although He is the witness who sees everything, His senses are unpolluted by the objects He sees. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto that unattached, pure witness of the world, the Supreme Soul, the Personality of Godhead
- Although to the foolish He appears to have accepted a material body like us, He is unaffected by bodily tribulations like hunger, thirst and fatigue
- Amongst all kinds of living entities begotten by Brahma, namely men, demigods and animals, none but the sage Narayana is immune to the attraction of maya in the form of woman
- At the time of death, all yogis give up the material body with full detachment simply by placing their minds at Your lotus feet. That is the perfection of yoga
- Badarikasrama in the Himalayas, the abode of the Nara-Narayana sages, is a great place of pilgrimage for the Hindus
- Before reciting this SB, which is the very means of conquest, one should offer respectful obeisances unto the P. of God Narayana, Nara-narayana Rsi the supermost human being, mother Sarasvati the goddess of learning and unto Srila Vyasadeva the author
- Even up to the present, hundreds and thousands of pious Hindus go to pay respects to the incarnation of Godhead Nara-Narayana
- Everyone must have been very anxious to know about the annihilation of the Yadu dynasty, and that message must have been explained by God to Uddhava and dispatched to Badarikasrama for the information of Nara-Narayana and other pure devotees of the Lord
- He (Uddhava) was advised to proceed to Badarikasrama because there he could associate with the devotees of Nara-Narayana, and in their association of devotional service he could increase his eagerness for chanting, hearing, knowledge and detachment
- He is the spiritual master of all paramahamsas, who are the most exalted human beings, and He is the master of the self-realized. Let me offer my repeated obeisances at His lotus feet
- Here (in SB 4.1.56) the word praticaksanaya, "there are varieties," announces the glories of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who appeared as Nara-Narayana Rsi and who is the origin of all varieties of material nature
- His merciful glance can supersede the beauty of the spotless lotus flower which is the home of the goddess of fortune
- If we work very hard under their (Marxists, Freudians, nationalists and industrialists) guidance instead of adopting the process practiced by Nara-Narayana, we shall waste our valuable human form of life. Thus we shall certainly be cheated and misled
- It appears that this place is situated in the northernmost part of the Himalayan Mountains, where the abode of Nara-Narayana is situated. This place is still existing and is called Badarikasrama
- It is said that Arjuna is an empowered incarnation of Nara-Narayana. He is even sometimes called Nara-Narayana. The Nara-Narayana incarnation is also one of Lord Visnu's plenary expansions
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Nara-Narayana, the best of all saintly persons, the SPG. He is the most self-controlled and self-realized, He is free from false prestige, and He is the asset of persons who have no material possessions
- Lord Visnu continued, "Now, after killing all these unwanted demons, you will please come back to Me. The two of you are incarnations of the great sage Nara-Narayana"
- Nara-Narayana, the best of all saintly persons, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the most self-controlled and self-realized
- Narada, the most powerful saintly sage, also worships Nara-Narayana by chanting the following mantra: The SPG is the master of the creation, maintenance and annihilation of this visible cosmic manifestation, yet He is completely free from false prestige
- That Nara-Narayana Rsi, who is a partial expansion of Krsna, has now appeared in the dynasties of Yadu and Kuru, in the forms of Krsna and Arjuna respectively, to mitigate the burden of the world
- The King gave his most beautiful daughter in charity to the supremely powerful Baladeva and then retired from worldly life and went to Badarikasrama to please Nara-Narayana
- The pacified sages chanted Vedic prayers, the denizens of heaven sang, the beautiful damsels of the heavenly planets danced, and in this way, at the time of the appearance of Nara-Narayana, all signs of good fortune were visible
- The Rsi (Narayana Rsi) answered by following in the footsteps of His predecessors. He narrated a story of how the same question had been discussed on the planet known as Janaloka, which is above the Svargaloka planets, such as the moon and Venus
- There in Badarikasrama the Personality of Godhead, in His incarnation as the sages Nara and Narayana, has been undergoing great penance since time immemorial for the welfare of all amiable living entities
- This is one of the reasons (people might take advantage of Uddhava's knowledge after the disappearance of the Lord) why Uddhava was advised to go to Badarikasrama, where the Lord is personally represented by the Nara-Narayana Deity