Questions On... Economics - Wealth, Resources, Money, Business
Pages in category "Questions On... Economics - Wealth, Resources, Money, Business"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- Actually, I was concerned this morning about inflation. The government and the newspapers, they say the biggest problem today is inflation. From our Krsna conscious standpoint, how can we cure this problem of inflation?
- All the people who are hoarding those grains, that economic procedure to produce famine. What is the way to check them?
- And you think there's enough food (now, so far I have studied, that in America, in Africa, in Australia, there are so much vacant places that the present population of the world, if it is increased ten times, still there is enough food)?
- Bhagavad-gita teaches us that one should treat a piece of gold and a piece of stone alike. Is it practically considered?
- Brahmana is not to accept any employment?
- But how problems of India... like poverty, and this lack of balance between rich and poor. How these problems can be solved?
- But if he's (indistinct), then where is he going to get the money for his food?
- But isn't inflation possible even with coins? Even if you have gold coins, isn't inflation still possible?
- But isn't the tendency there to exploit the man and take more profit (I have hired one man to work for me. I have to pay him and therefore I require profit)?
- But why do you blame us for not surrendering when we see that even Krsna's devotees can't surrender to Him? They come to us and ask us for money for these books. Why don't they give them away?
- But you led a rather normal life - before this you were married. You were a businessman?
- Can it be understand that if a person, for instance, some Americans are very wealthy, that they... (pious family means automatically he gets chance to become Krsna conscious)?
- Can the profit of the manufacture of something which is manufactured purely for profit be turned to good?
- Could he (a merchant in India) spend that (a bunch of Indian notes printed in China) money?
- Do we offer any solution for socio-economic problems that you can...?
- Do you think we have too much for our needs?
- Does that (we are inviting to the farm and giving food to the jobless in industry) mean we have to wait for the situation to arise where they are jobless?
- Does that mean the same amount of gold is here (if the large scale industry and trade becomes stopped, that is good for people)?
- Has this happened before, the material wealth that we have now? Has it happened in past ages? Technological advancement, scientific?
- Have you wanted a businessman to come?
- He (Syamasundara) wants to give back some money?
- He says that legions of sadhus, such white men, persons from West, become sadhus, then who will do this job of earning a living?
- Here in Vrndavana the people also pay taxes?
- How can the world survive when people forget their karma and immerse themselves in Krsna consciousness? Won't it lead to inaction and a stand-still condition?
- How can we become intelligent or independent? In a money-orientated world?
- How can you separate out economics, politics...?
- How does one become "bhagyavan"?
- How does the ksatriya build a palace for himself or something like that?
- How is it that there is so much material "advancement'' in the USA even though there is no formal demigod worship? Is a man after economic development automatically worshiping Lord Siva whether he is making Yajna or not?
- How much money did you carry with you (to America)?
- How much money?
- How were you getting so much money (1944, the first copy. I get them from selling. Perhaps they had been, American… In those days I was spending three hundred rupees per month)?
- How will the government decide what my gold is and what his gold is? How does the gold get distributed?
- I have a question. If one wanted to redistribute Krsna's property by taking from the rich and giving to the poor, in doing so all you'd have to do is make maybe one or two false statements
- I understand that your goal is to have everybody becoming self-supporting in regards to food. But if everyone who is engaged in food production, who will be providing other things?
- If a person who wants to become rich prays to Krsna, will he become rich?
- If all the land belongs to God, then who decides who will distribute it to the people?
- If everybody started chanting Hare Krsna, then how, how would we eat? Who would run the factories?
- If everyone became Krsna conscious, then how would the world go on?
- If one takes a birth in a rich man family, rich man's family, how it is good?
- If somebody didn't go to the factory, you wouldn't, would you? Somebody has to go and do the work to make the food, keep the country running
- If somebody lives an evil life but prays to become rich, they may still become rich?
- If someone is a sudra, how can you let him have his own money?
- If someone is doing some service which involves business, is he thinking of Krsna when he's thinking of that service?
- If there could be a Krsna conscious society, would this mean to stop the industry and technology?
- If we are given charge of the society, we should dismantle all this industry, all these cities...?
- If we are supposed to be spiritualists, then why do we have so many cars, why do we have so many watches, why do we have so many different things that they can see are there within the temple?
- If you don't teach vaisyas for this gurukula then how do they do the accounts?
- If you said, "Give me lots of money for Krsna," are you a miser?
- If you're rich, were you saying, if you're rich, you get knowledge, you get knowledge easier because you're rich?
- In our community, when we grow things, or we have need of someone's services, how are these services distributed equally?
- Is that special arrangement that they seem to be impoverished? Say like the villagers, they're not very wealthy.
- Is this one of the main things that distinguishes a genuine guru from a fake guru (we do not want, depend on anyone's financial contributions. We depend on God, or Krsna)?
- Isn't there room for both (economic development and spiritual advancement)? There would not be room for both?
- It is against capitalism, this idea (varnasrama)?
- Money is nothing but paper, but with the paper I can buy food, so then why is it that we say that money is nothing but paper?
- Monsieur le President would like to know, if this movement gets bigger and bigger, won't it create problems in terms of working, the economy? Won't the economy suffer if our movement gets bigger and bigger?
- One of the major issues always in political battles is how would you control inflation, how would you solve the inflation problem?
- Only difficulty, for instance, in socialist society of our country and a socialist society how can you distinguish productive group and workers?
- Our devotees are saying that (they get money sufficiently, and as soon as he is asked to spare some money for Krsna, "No, the law is that I should give money to my sons. The law is." Even our devotees are saying like that)?
- People following you, could they stay in normal life, I mean have a business, etc...?
- People say about Uraya Karan Singh... of Kashmir, he's a very pious man, and because rich birth and he is a pious as well, is it?
- Per month (who has got nine thousand rupees' income)?
- Plus interest of the... Of which money (they're not at all sorry about the price that they're paying. And it's a good income for our temple)?
- Prabhupada, what about in a case like myself. I'm a sannyasi, and I have a traveling sankirtana party. So can I handle that money?
- Process as laid down in Gita ("Neither poverty is check nor material opulence is check. Anyone can understand if he follows the principle or process")?
- Say I have some outside job, I'm living outside, but I'm not giving 50% of my income. So then that work that I'm doing, is it actually under the authority of the guru?
- Seems like he's mostly after money, Srila Prabhupada. Is that true?
- Should vaisyas be taught business also?
- Sir, do you think that the wealth of the United States and some certain other countries would be a block to spiritual faith? Would wealth in itself be a block toward spiritual awareness?
- So you think State Bank of India is the best?
- Some class of men produce vegetables and grains, some class produce cows, some class produce clothes, some class produce necessities for building. How are these things distributed equally?
- Sometimes people ask, "If I surrender to God, give everything to God, then how will the state go on, how will the work, the factories, how would all that go on?
- Sometimes you were doing business with them (doctors in Vrindavana)?
- Srila Prabhupada arrived in New York with only eight dollars? Forty dollars? How many dollars you had when you arrived in New York?
- Srila Prabhupada, in what sastra is that recipe given for gold?
- Srila Prabhupada, the Vaisnavas in general in Vrndavana, are they lamenting for the physical upkeep?
- Srila Prabhupada, you have said that it's impossible to become rich unless one is a cheater. And yet we have our business, our Spiritual Sky business. So how is it possible to carry on business and not become a cheater?
- Sumeru is made of gold, Srila Prabhupada?
- Ten lakhs. They can give the full amount?
- That's exactly what you had, two hundred dollars. You had saved that money very carefully?
- The manager of a large factory comes to us and says, "Well, here is my problem. My workers are striking for higher pay and no one is satisfied So what can I do?"
- The other day you were asking me about the wages, labor
- There is a worldwide rise in prices of energy resources, like oil, coal, gas, and electricity. Naturally, there will be worldwide destruction of mankind and other living beings and materials in the near future. What are your views?
- They (cashew is produced in India... big, big European companies for doing this business in Cochin) were set up by the British?
- They (the British) would make the people dependent upon them and then exploit them, yes?
- Thirty lakhs (the land is worth minimum 30,000,000 rupees)?
- This all, advertisement (to take as a loan)?
- This desire to accumulate money, is this just like annamaya stage?
- This is just an example of a successful corporative enterprise which is... But would you speak something new which has not been tried before?
- This rich birth is important for self-realization?
- Twenty times (London. Guru Maharaja sending him regularly seven hundred rupees per month. In those days seven hundred means at least...)?
- Twenty-five percent of the produce?
- Was he paying for the foodstuffs?
- Wasn't it true that they, at that time even, had better economic development, when they were Krsna conscious?
- We can see, Srila Prabhupada, by the distribution of wealth and minerals in each loka, in each planet, it is meant to be governed by one ruler. One place there is gold, one place grain to grow. Is this true?
- We should always be patient to answer such newsmen's questions, they are very easy to answer, and so many people will see. For example, for the question about poverty...
- We still have the zamindar system. We still have the system, and the rich people are exploiting. They do. Unless there is some kind of a revolution by which you can curb the power of the landlord, how can you be for land distribution?
- Were you a businessman?
- What are they (Communistic government) doing with their wealth if they are not investing it in economic...?
- What is the bank rate?
- What is the harm of selling cloth, Prabhupada?
- What is the point then (of a new picture of Mars), Prabhupada? Just to take money and use it some other way?
- What is the use of becoming rich man? It is all fruitless
- What is the use of that profit, Prabhupada Maharaja, when don't get even for eating, no clothing, no eating? Only profit... What profit will be beneficial?
- What's the economic position in Canada?... I think many Canadian young men, they come to America for jobs? No?
- What's the explanation then? They are slaughtering more cows in the United States, but there is still more fortunate situation there materially
- When people are starving and they have no clothing, then how can they take to Krsna consciousness? First give them food, then clothing and education, and then Krsna consciousness
- When the Aryan civilization was there in the past, Swamiji, were there also such kind of economic problems?
- When we use the word "God," it has cash value?
- Who needs it (money in the bank)?
- Why, then, do the learned sages go to flatter those who are intoxicated by hard-earned wealth?
- Will it come by itself (the socio-economic solution), or will it come through you?
- Would there be more benefit, would there be more of an influence, or would there be more of a strengthening if it were in an area of affluence rather than an area of poverty or vice versa?
- Would you say that it should be done in an area of affluence or an area of poverty to begin with?
- You are not suggesting that all of that (if they stop manufacturing, there is unemployment. And if they increase car, there is power shortage. So this dilemma, this modern civilization will have to meet this dilemma) is just cut away completely...?
- You don't pay ... in Bombay?
- You think we pay too much importance to money?
- You'll be having certain industries for export also in Mayapur. Will they be manned by disciples, and if so, do you think that they would be in a much better position to look after these big gosalas and other things than, say, other, people would be?
- Your Divine Grace, would your message be exactly the same for, say, a starving man in India and a Westerner who's got everything that a person needs?
- Your movement, your consciousness of Krsna, engloves, takes all the direction of economics and political possibility... Can you speak, explain me about that?