"Candra-vamsa" | "soma-vamsa"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Yadu Dynasty (12 C, 205 P)
Pages in category "Candra-vamsa"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- After the dynasty of the moon-god comes to an end in this age of Kali, Devapi, in the beginning of the next Satya-yuga, will reestablish the Soma dynasty in this world
- All the kings in both the soma-vamsa and surya-vamsa were great and powerful, and Maharaja Pariksit praised them very highly. Nonetheless, he wanted to hear more about the soma-vamsa because that was the dynasty in which Krsna had appeared
- The Yadu dynasty belonged to the family descending from Soma, the moon-god. Pariksit Maharaja gave more respect to the dynasty of the moon-god, the soma-vamsa, because in the Yadava dynasty, descending from the moon, Krsna had appeared
- There are two ksatriya families - surya-vamsa and candra-vamsa. One family's coming from the sun-god, another family's coming from the moon-god
- This chapter (the ninth chapter of the ninth canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam) describes how Sudyumna became a woman and how the dynasty of Vaivasvata Manu was amalgamated with the Soma-vamsa, the dynasty coming from the moon
- We have explained rajarsi, the big kings just like Manu, Iksvaku coming from the sun god. The Indians, it is known that there are two kinds of ksatriya dynasty. One is coming from the sun, and another is coming from the moon. Candra-vamsa and surya-vamsa
- When monarchy existed on this planet, the chief member was one of the members of the Surya dynasty, or Surya-vamsa, and the subordinate kings belonged to the Candra-vamsa
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as Lord Krsna, He did so in the Yadu dynasty, or yadu-vamsa, whose descent was from the moon-god