Dear to Caitanya
Pages in category "Dear to Caitanya"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- After hearing the Mayavadi sannyasis speak in that way, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled slightly and said, "My dear sirs, if you don't mind I can say something to you regarding Vedanta philosophy"
- All glories to Lord Nityananda, who is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's very life! And all glories to Advaita Acarya, who is extremely dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu!
- All glories to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is very merciful and who is very dear to Advaita Acarya and Lord Nityananda
- All glories to Lord Sri Caitanya, who is very dear to Kasi Misra! He is the Lord of the life of Jagadananda and the Lord of Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami
- All glories to Sri Advaita Acarya, who is very dear to Lord Caitanya! And all glories to all the devotees of the Lord, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu knew that Damodara Pandita was a pure and simple devotee, upon hearing this impudent talk the Lord said, "My dear Damodara, what nonsense are you speaking?"
- Another day, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to the boy, "Recite, My dear Puri dasa," the boy composed the following verse and expressed it before everyone
- At last the Lord respectfully submitted, "My dear Jagadananda, you have already made Me eat ten times more than I am used to. Now please stop"
- Bhagavan Acarya cooked varieties of vegetables and other preparations dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He also obtained remnants of food from Lord Jagannatha and digestive aids such as ground ginger and also lime with salt
- Bhava (emotion) has two different symptoms - constitutional and marginal. Now, My dear Sanatana, listen to the symptoms of love
- He said, "My dear friends, please hear of Krsna's sweetness. Because of a great desire for that sweetness, My mind has given up all social and Vedic religious principles and taken to the profession of begging, exactly like a mystic yogi"
- He said, "My dear Govinda, you have saved My life. If I had touched the body of a woman, I would certainly have died"
- Hearing this request, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear lord, please hear Me. It is better for you to stay here with all the Vaisnavas"
- Hearing this, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Vallabha Bhatta, you do not know religious principles. Actually, the first duty of a chaste woman is to carry out the order of her husband"
- His mother replied, "My dear son, I will give You whatever You ask." Then the Lord said, "My dear mother, please do not eat grains on the Ekadasi day"
- I offer my obeisances to all the dear devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the eternal tree of love of Godhead. I offer my respects to all the branches of the tree, the devotees of the Lord who distribute the fruit of love of Krsna
- In great affection, Bhagavan Acarya cooked varieties of vegetables and other preparations dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In great jubilation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya, know from Me that chanting the holy names is the most feasible means of salvation in this Age of Kali"
- In the attitude of Radharani, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu addressed the gopis, "My dear friends, where is that Krsna, Cupid personified, who has the effulgence of a kadamba flower, who is sweetness itself, the nectar of My eyes and mind"
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika it is stated that the gopi whose name was Vrndadevi became Mukunda dasa, lived in Sri Khanda village and was very dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Indeed, Srila Rupa Gosvami, whose dear friend was Svarupa Damodara, was the exact replica of Caitanya, and he was very, very dear to the Lord. Being the embodiment of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love, Rupa Gosvami was naturally very beautiful
- Jagadananda Pandita was a very dear devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. The Lord derived great pleasure from his activities
- Jagannatha Acarya, the fiftieth branch of the Caitanya tree, was an extremely dear servant of the Lord, by whose order he decided to live on the bank of the Ganges
- Junior Haridasa chanted the Hare Krsna mantra throughout his entire life and served the Supreme Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Moreover, he is dear to the Lord and has died in a holy place
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Raya, you are an advanced devotee and are always filled with ecstatic love for Radha and Krsna. Therefore whatever you see - anywhere and everywhere - simply awakens your Krsna consciousness"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu prayed to Krsna: My dear son of Nanda, I do not want any material happiness in the shape of many followers, nor immense opulence in wealth, nor any beautiful wife, nor do I want cessation from material existence
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke, "My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one's heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then put His hand on the chest of Gopala and told him, "My dear Gopala, get up and chant the holy name of the Lord!"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu very highly praised the people of Kulina-grama, and He stated that even a dog of Kulina-grama was very dear to Him
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired, "My dear Haridasa, what is the news?" Haridasa Thakura replied, "My Lord, whatever mercy You can bestow upon me"
- Mathura-Vrndavana is My own very dear abode. I want to do many things there to preach Krsna consciousness
- My dear Bhattacarya, I have traveled very far through the forest, and I have not even slightly received any trouble
- My dear Bhattacarya, your fortune is very great. How much shall I praise you? I also am very fortunate to be able to take the remnants of this food
- My dear devotees, please hear from me, for I insist again and again: please keep faith in these three and render service to them without hesitation
- My dear friend the doorkeeper, where is Krsna, the Lord of My heart? Kindly show Him to Me quickly. With these words, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu addressed the doorkeeper like a madman
- My dear friend, if you say, "Just try to control Your senses," what shall I say? I cannot become angry at My senses. Is it their fault? Krsna's beauty, sound, touch, fragrance and taste are by nature extremely attractive
- My dear friend, just hear the decision of My mind. Krsna is the Lord of My life in all conditions, whether He shows Me affection or kills Me by giving Me unhappiness
- My dear friend, Krsna acts just like a hunter. This hunter does not care for piety or impiety; He simply creates many devices to conquer the cores of the hearts of the doelike gopis
- My dear friend, please tell Me what I should do. Krsna is as attractive as a wonderful cloud, and My eyes are just like cataka birds, which are dying of thirst because they do not see such a cloud
- My dear friend, please tell Me what to do. My ears have been plundered by the qualities of Krsna's sound. Now, however, I cannot hear His transcendental sound, and I am almost dead for want of it
- My dear friend, where is Krsna? Kindly let Me see Him. My heart breaks at not seeing His face even for a moment. Kindly show Him to Me immediately; otherwise I cannot live
- My dear friend, where is that beautiful helmet with a peacock feather upon it like a rainbow upon a new cloud? Where are those yellow garments, shining like lightning
- My dear friends, just see Lord Krsna's sporting pastimes in the water! Krsna's restless palms resemble lotus flowers. He is just like the chief of mad elephants, and the gopis who accompany Him are like she-elephants
- My dear Haridasa and Sanatana, I think of you as My little boys, to be maintained by Me. The maintainer never takes seriously any faults of the maintained
- My dear maternal uncle, I wish to ask you another question. Please tell Me the truth. Do not try to cheat Me with tricks
- My dear mother, wherever you ask Me to stay I shall stay, and whatever you order I shall execute
- My dear Raghunatha dasa, your father and his elder brother are just like worms in stool in the ditch of material enjoyment, for the great disease of the poison of material enjoyment is what they consider happiness
- My dear Raghunatha, on My order go to Vrndavana and live there under the care of Rupa and Sanatana Gosvamis
- My dear Sanatana, "if I could attain Krsna by committing suicide, I would certainly give up millions of bodies without a moment's hesitation"
- My dear Sanatana, although you are the deliverer of the entire universe and although even the demigods and great saints are purified by touching you, it is the characteristic of a devotee to observe and protect the Vaisnava etiquette
- My dear Sanatana, first hear the meanings of the other words, beginning with the word 'muni.' I shall first explain their separate meanings, then combine them
- My dear Sanatana, I (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) have briefly described the process of devotional service in practice, which is the means for obtaining love of Krsna. It cannot be described broadly
- My dear Sanatana, I have now in detail described devotional service according to the regulative principles. Now hear from Me about spontaneous devotional service and its characteristics
- My dear Sanatana, just hear from Me as I tell you how the different visnu-murtis hold Their weapons, beginning with the disc, and how They are named differently according to the placement of the weapons in Their hands
- My dear Sanatana, Krsna has saved you from Maharaurava, life's deepest hell. He is an ocean of mercy, and His activities are very grave
- My dear Sanatana, please do not think that Jagadananda is more dear to Me than you. However, I cannot tolerate transgressions of the standard etiquette
- My dear Sanatana, please now hear about the regulative principles for the execution of devotional service. By this process, one can attain the highest perfection of love of Godhead, which is the most desirable treasure
- My dear Sanatana, the sweet, attractive transcendental form of Krsna is so nice. Just try to understand it. Even a fractional understanding of Krsna's beauty can merge all three worlds in the ocean of love
- My dear Sanatana, the sweetness of Krsna's personality is just like an ocean of ambrosia. Although My mind is now afflicted by convulsive diseases and I wish to drink that entire ocean, the repressive physician does not allow Me to drink even one drop
- My dear Sanatana, you are on the level of My advisor, for you are an authorized person. But Jaga wants to advise you. This is but the impudence of a naughty boy
- My dear sir, for you everyone is on the level of impersonal Brahman, but for the enlightenment of people in general you should not behave in that way
- My dear sir, I do not know what is good composition and what is bad. But whatever I have spoken must be understood to have been spoken by mother Sarasvati
- My dear sir, in this verse there are five faults and five literary ornaments. I shall state them one after another. Kindly hear Me and then give your judgment
- My dear sir, whereas you are a very learned scholar in all sorts of scriptures and are very much experienced in composing poetry, I am only a boy - a new student and nothing more
- My dear sir, you are the spiritual master of the whole world; therefore you are most worshipable. As far as I am concerned, I am not even on the level of the disciple of your disciple
- My dear Vaisnava, seeing a person like you is the perfection of one's eyesight, touching your lotus feet is the perfection of the sense of touch, and glorifying your good qualities is the tongue's real activity
- Pandita Gangadasa was the eighth dear branch of the tree of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Pandita Gangadasa was the eighth dear branch of the tree of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. One who remembers his activities attains freedom from all bondage
- Pundarika Vidyanidhi, the third big branch, was so dear to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that in his absence Lord Caitanya Himself would sometimes cry
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, you are a greatly learned saint. No one is dearer to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu than you"
- Seeing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear sir, please tell Me why you have not cooked. It is already noon"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu addressed Advaita Acarya Prabhu, saying sweetly, "My dear Sir, today I have become perfect because of Your arrival"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "'My dear friend, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has a voice as deep as a cloud resounding in the sky'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear friends, I have not the slightest tinge of love of Godhead within My heart. When you see Me crying in separation, I am just falsely exhibiting a demonstration of My great fortune"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear friends, you are all My life and soul; therefore I tell you that I possess no wealth of love for Krsna. Consequently My life is poverty-stricken. My limbs and senses are useless"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Sanatana, do not be aggrieved, for when I embrace you I actually get great pleasure"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Sanatana, please hear from Me. Krsna is very merciful, and He is the deliverer of all fallen souls"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave Vijaya dasa the name Ratnabahu ("jewel-handed") because he copied many manuscripts for Him. The twenty-eighth branch was Krsnadasa, who was very dear to the Lord. He was known as Akincana Krsnadasa
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Govinda, you should stay with Me always. There is danger anywhere and everywhere; therefore you should protect Me very carefully"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Ramananda, you should make this request after duly considering whether it is befitting for a sannyasi to meet a king"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Vallabha Bhatta, you are a learned scholar. Kindly listen to Me. I am a sannyasi of the Mayavada school. Therefore I have no chance of knowing what krsna-bhakti is"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "What have you done, My dear Raya? Why did you not first see Lord Jagannatha and then come here? Why have you come here first"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Jagadananda Pandita, "My dear Pandita, you have brought Me some oil from Bengal, but since I am in the renounced order, I cannot accept it"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Haridasa, Krsna is so merciful that He must execute whatever you want"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please listen to Me. It is not possible to describe devotional service completely; therefore I am just trying to give you a synopsis of the symptoms of devotional service"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Previously I induced Murari Gupta again and again to be allured by Lord Krsna. I said to him, My dear Gupta, Lord Sri Krsna, Vrajendra-kumara, is the supreme sweetness"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said to Haridasa Thakura, "My dear Haridasa, please hear Me. This gentleman wants to destroy another's property"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Srivasa Thakura, "My dear Srivasa, your nature is exactly like that of Narada Muni. The Supreme Personality of Godhead's opulence is having a direct influence upon you"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased to see Srila Rupa Gosvami, and He told him, "Stand up! Stand up! My dear Rupa, come here"
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, the forty-sixth branch of the tree, was one of the most dear servants of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, the forty-sixth branch of the tree, was one of the most dear servants of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He left all his material possessions to surrender completely unto the Lord and live at His lotus feet
- Suddenly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to external consciousness and said to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "My dear Svarupa, please sing some sweet songs"
- Taking the food upon her lap, Mother was crying to think that all that food was very dear to her Nimai
- The Lord replied, "My dear sisters, I give you the benediction that your husbands will be very handsome
- The Lord replied, "My dear Srinivasa, please stop joking. You have all combined together to humiliate Me in this way"
- The Lord said, "My dear friend Damodara, you had better go to Nadia and stay with My mother"
- The Lord said, "My dear mother and father, it is very good that Visvarupa has accepted the sannyasa order, for thus He has delivered both His fathers family and His mother's family"
- The Lord said, "My dear Murari, please restrain your unnecessary humility. My mind is disturbed to see your meekness"
- The Lord said, "My dear sir, I may say something to you if you will not become angry. Can you explain the faults in this verse?
- The Lord said, "My dear uncle, I have come to your home just to ask you some questions." "Yes," the Kazi replied, "You are welcome. Just tell me what is in Your mind"
- The Lord then continued, "My dear Venkata Bhatta, please do not continue doubting. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and this is the conclusion of the Vedic literatures"
- The Lord would cry, "O My Lord Krsna, My life and soul! O son of Maharaja Nanda, where shall I go? Where shall I attain You? O Supreme Personality who play with Your flute to Your mouth"
- The thirtieth branch was Bhagavan Pandita. He was an extremely dear servant of the Lord, but even previously he was a great devotee of Lord Krsna who always kept the Lord within his heart
- The thirty-sixth branch, Buddhimanta Khan, was extremely dear to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He was always prepared to carry out the Lord's orders, and therefore he was considered to be a chief servant of the Lord
- The twenty-ninth branch was Sridhara, a trader in banana-tree bark. He was a very dear servant of the Lord. On many occasions, the Lord played jokes on him
- The women of Vrndavana are just like lilies growing hot in the sun of lusty desires. But moonlike Krsna makes them all jubilant by bestowing upon them the nectar of His hands. O My dear friend, where is My moon now? Save My life by showing Him to Me
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please recite that verse from your drama which, upon being heard, makes all people’s unhappiness and lamentation go away"
- Therefore the Lord Himself, accepting the emotional ecstasy of the gopis, now addresses the son of Nanda Maharaja, "O master of My life! O My dear husband!"
- Three days later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the door of his room and said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, please get up"
- To say nothing of you, even a dog living in your village is very dear to Me. What, then, to speak of others