Questions On... Seva - Devotional Service
Pages in category "Questions On... Seva - Devotional Service"
The following 131 pages are in this category, out of 131 total.
- A devotee is only supposed to want service, and sometimes he very much wants to be liberated to be finished with all this difficulty, isn't it?
- All activities done for sake of Krsna or God are the real...
- All the devotees here are your disciples, Srila Prabhupada, eternal disciples, eternal servitors. But what if we have to take birth in the material world in the next life? How will we be able to render direct service unto you?
- Any activities in Krsna consciousness... Is chanting the most exalted or...?
- As for your question about the ecstasy of chanting and working for Krishna...
- Can changing the type of service one's performing, can that help him to achieve the desired perfection in relationship with the spiritual master and Krsna?
- Can I serve the devotees, Srila Prabhupada?
- Can realization be had through service without theoretical understanding?
- Can the older boys be trained in a particular kind of devotional service? For example, press work?
- Chanting His names, surrendering to Him, feeling love for Him, doing service. Is that not or would that not take one person to...?
- Chanting is devotional service?
- Could the president of the Coca-Cola company find the way to Krsna, to serve Krsna?
- Did Krsna create us to serve Him? And to enjoy us?
- Does God need service?
- Does it (just like these boys they are after Krsna's service) mean that we should leave the work and we should not work and...?
- Does Krsna punish people who do not serve Him purely? Or do the people punish themselves when they do not serve Him purely?
- Does the devotee go through these levels of understanding Brahman then Paramatma then Bhagavan? Does the devotee gradually go through these levels, or does he immediately realize Brahman when his service is perfect?
- He is simply attached to serving Krsna (a devotee is always satisfied in any condition. He has no attachment or detachment)?
- He wants to know how he will be engaged. Who will tell him what to do?
- He wants to know how in the beginning, when we are starting to engage in Krsna consciousness, devotional service to God, can you develop enthusiasm and sincerity
- He wants to know how to find out how to please the spiritual master with one service
- He was asking how do we know what Krsna dictates, by what authority. How do we know how we can serve Krsna?
- How can I serve you better?
- How can one reach the point where he knows that a particular type of service will please the spiritual master?
- How can one remain humble in executing his devotional service?
- How can one serve Krsna in daily life?
- How can we begin to serve you so that you'll be pleased?
- How can we best serve the movement? By joining it? I have joined it in a...
- How can you use something in Krsna's service? What is the process to use things in Krsna's service?
- How could he use that for Krsna's service if he's expert in mathematics?
- How do I serve the servants of the gopis?
- How do we develop devotion for service, desire for service?
- How do we render perfect service to Krsna?
- How do you develop a service attitude in Krsna consciousness?
- How is that (if you pour water on the root of the tree, the service reaches everywhere) manifesting?
- I want to know whether the devotion of Hanuman was bhakti-yoga
- I want to know, when we serve Krsna, we have spiritual senses, then that satisfies our spiritual senses when we serve Krsna in Krsnaloka?
- I was helping the band a little bit. And I came to see you, and I was wondering what I should do to serve you. I should go back to Detroit?
- If at this platform we are not yet..., we are still desiring to depart from Krsna's service and enjoy, then we are not, we have not yet tasted devotional service, what is it that we have tasted that is keeping us temporarily connected to Krsna?
- If he is not conscious, how can he do work for Him (Krsna)?
- If I serve the Lord, do I lose that little bit of freedom?
- If one can engage one who is demonic in service by telling a lie...
- If one simply goes on serving, engaging in all sorts of different activities for the satisfaction of Krsna, but he never, in this lifetime at least, has realization of Brahman, Paramatma or Bhagavan...?
- If our first concern should be to serve God, or Krsna, then why should there be a movement
- If someone has a desire to do something for Krsna. But he begins to realize it's still tinged with a lot of personal gratification...?
- If someone is doing some service which involves business, is he thinking of Krsna when he's thinking of that service?
- If someone is engaged in devotional service and he commits an offense at the feet of a pure devotee, whatever he has done up until that time is not lost? in his next life he gets...?
- If we are acting, like preparing offerings for Krsna by our work, but while we are doing this work our mind is not engaged in Krsna all the time, thinking about Krsna all the time, we fall into maya, but we're still doing the work
- If we can use everything in Krsna's service, then why is it that these four things are excluded and they can't be used?
- If we glorify God every day, all the time, then is God going to give us something back, something in return for our service?
- If we're in anxiety that we cannot perform devotional service nicely, that is all right?
- If we're performing devotional service and an insect is in the way, like if you're painting the walls and you find this ant and you must paint this wall to please the spiritual master, what is the attitude?
- If you become a servant of Krsna, will He provide a way for you to meet your physical needs?
- In order to be involved in devotional service and execute devotional service in this life, we had to have some devotional service last life. So therefore, were you here last life too, to give us this devotional service?
- In the beginning stage of devotional service when we are trying to make advancement, we have to tolerate the urges of the senses... Is there a stage after a person becomes completely purified...?
- In the past, when there were men who practiced yoga, concentration on Krsna within the heart, when they perfected this were they rendering devotional service?
- In which way one can engage oneself to the best service of Krsna, or best use one's time for Krsna?
- Is it natural for a child to grow up and then shave his head and serve God, or is it just a form of socialization?
- Is it not true that by service I am with you?
- Is it possible for one to engage himself in bhakti-yoga without rendering service to Krsna? Let's say someone who is worshiping Lord Buddha or Lord Jesus
- Is Krsna always seeking to engage us in His devotional service, and is He upset in some way if we reject His offer?
- Is service to the Supreme Lord the same as realization of the Absolute Truth?
- Is that true, Srila Prabhupada? That service to mankind is service God?
- Is there a difference in the quality of service between a person who is, just accepts outright Krsna, service to Krsna, and one who wants to scrutinize and inquire more and more about it?
- Is there room in the movement for other persons who are indirectly serving Krsna rather than chanting Hare Krsna all day?
- Is there some gradual development in all those nine processes of devotional service, beginning from hearing?
- Is there some order of priority in service then? I mean, sixteen rounds is more important than anything else. And then following that, there's something else?
- Isn't it when you drive for Krsna, doesn't it become para-vidya then?
- It says in the Bhagavad-gita that when, if one performs devotional service, then his result is never lost. Then how was it possible for Ajamila to lose all his devotional service to Visnu by associating with a prostitute?
- On one hand he says that we don't want to be delivered from this material ocean, we just want to serve. Then in one of the other slokas he pleads with Krsna to deliver him from this ocean of death and fix him up as one of the atoms of His lotus feet
- Once one performs devotional service then he can't get away from Krsna. Can he still get away?
- One must have certain qualifications to be able to come the service of Krsna? Even if one is in the complete mode of ignorance he can...
- Prabhupada, are all one's efforts to serve Krsna virtually useless...?
- Prabhupada, how can we know what type of service Krsna...?
- Prabhupada, if our body should meet death while engaged in your service, will our transmigration be protected in the ultimate...?
- Prabhupada, what if we know we should serve and we want to serve, but the service is so bad?
- Prabhupada, when I'm serving you sometimes I feel very nice, but then when I think of how bad and imperfect this service is, I feel terrible. Which is right to feel?
- Service and reading are nondifferent?
- Sir, what is the way to serve the Supreme?
- So chanting along with devotional service, performing our duties while concentrating on Krsna, is also part of the process, isn't it?
- So the service that we offer now, are we going to get it back in another life?
- So where that is described in the Third Canto, Part Four, where it is described about devotional service in ignorance, passion, and goodness, and so forth, that has nothing to do with your disciples then?
- So why, in the material world, if our natural desire is to worship and to be a servant, why is it that in the material world everyone is looking for respect and to be worshiped?
- Some day one person will do the floor, and the next day another person? Is that all right?
- Srila Prabhupada mentioned that everyone is looking for pleasure. So when one comes into devotional service, how is it possible to know if one is actually looking for his own pleasure or really in search of God
- Srila Prabhupada, can realization be had through service without theoretical understanding?
- Srila Prabhupada, how is one able to draw the distinction between working very hard for Krsna and over-endeavoring?
- Srila Prabhupada, I can't understand why we should have an impure desire when we are already serving...
- Srila Prabhupada, I have one question. What is the purpose of service minus devotion?
- Srila Prabhupada, if a devotee fills his life with devotional service right from the time he is born, is that enough to attain the spiritual body?
- Srila Prabhupada, will you please explain the phrase "serving the lotus feet of the spiritual master"?
- Srila Prabhupada? How can we give up our enviousness and reluctance to serve the spiritual master and the other devotees?
- Sukadeva Gosvami is always bringing Maharaja Pariksit to the platform of "Why bother with all of this (about the creation and the universe)? Simply perform devotional service"?
- Suppose for one who's not completely surrendered, how will he make choices? For example, suppose that there seem to be two different ways of serving Krsna...
- Swamiji, I'm always confused by the term "serving God," "serving Krsna"
- Swamiji, is there higher devotional service than chanting?
- Swamiji, seeing as how sorrow and happiness are there by nature's law, wouldn't these be an impediment to our devotional service?
- Swamiji, to be of service to Godhead is it necessary to renounce the regular life?
- Swamiji? Is it possible for us to worship Krsna purely in this lifetime?
- That is service in the mode of ignorance?
- Then he is servant, always servant?
- There are many different levels of pure devotional service?
- They accept that Krsna is in every living entity, and therefore they say that by serving humanity and your fellow man, that that is serving Krsna. Is that correct?
- They say, "We want to come together to serve the Lord." Is that excuse or is that...
- Way of life or aim of life (the real occupation-serving Krsna)?
- We are only neophytes. How we can know if our anxiety is still material when we feel anxiety in devotional service?
- We have a spiritual body to serve Krsna?
- What about being of material service. Material service, not just spiritual service?
- What does devotional service mean in that context (Intelligent persons who are endeavoring for liberation from old and death, take refuge in Me in devotional service.) ?
- What does it mean to serve God?
- What is the difference between the service to the human being and the service to God?
- What is the position of a person who takes to devotional service with the idea of liberation?
- When a devotee becomes very advanced, does that means that he should not feel a particular, an inclination to do a particular work but simply want to serve Krsna?
- When householder women raise their children in Krsna consciousness, this seems to be an indirect service for Krsna, or is raising children and just having the household function, is that enough service?
- When I'm in the spiritual sky I'm going to be a servant of Balarama directly?
- When one's tasted the higher taste in devotional service how is it possible that he can fall back again in material sense gratification?
- When we are in the spiritual sky and serving Krsna, we have a perfect relationship with Krsna, what causes us to fall down in the material world, because we are already serving Krsna?
- When we engage inferior energy, internal energy, in the service of Krsna, it becomes spiritualized, doesn't it?
- When we serve Krsna, even though we don't have a material body...?
- When we sing bhaja sri-krsna-caitanya, we're saying "worship Sri Krsna Caitanya"—we say bhaja, so... And the motive for worshiping Him is for direction in devotional service?
- When you're typing, should you think of Krsna first and your typing second?
- Why is it sometimes if we are sincerely trying to serve Krsna we still make mistakes? We make in our service some mistakes. Does that mean that our mistakes come from the false ego?
- Would you have any instructions as to how I could serve you better?