Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
doubt | doubted | doubter | doubtful | doubtfulness | doubting | doubts
- VedaBase query: doubt* not "no doubt*" not "without doubt"@4
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Krsna's Doubts (1 P)
- ► Misgiving (34 P)
- ► No Doubt (1 C, 17 P)
- ► Our Doubts (Disciples of SP) (24 P)
- ► Recourse (1 C, 5 P)
- ► There Is No Doubt (1 C, 42 P)
- ► Undoubtedly (97 P)
- ► Without Any Doubt (64 P)
Pages in category "Doubt"
The following 141 pages are in this category, out of 141 total.
- After Lord Brahma had stolen all of the calves, cows and cowherd boys from Krsna, he was trying to go away. But all of a sudden he became doubtful about his stealing affairs and began to watch on all sides with his eight eyes
- Akrura knew beyond a doubt that Lord Krsna is the Supreme Visnu. Lord Visnu glances over the material energy, and thus the cosmic manifestation comes into being
- All the sages who assembled on the bank of the river Sarasvati to try to determine who is the supreme predominating deity became freed from all doubts about Visnu worship
- Anyone who gets the favor of the goddess of fortune, as did this brahmana, is without a doubt always happy in material opulence
- Arjuna said, "I had a fight with Lord Siva, who appeared before me as a hunter, and when I satisfied him by my prowess he gave me the weapon known as Pasupata. Do not doubt my chivalry"
- Aryans do not deviate from the instructions of Krsna, nor do they have doubts about Krsna, but non-Aryans and other demoniac people fail to follow the instructions of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Atri Rsi was doubtful about the constitutional position of the Supreme Lord, Visnu, but he was quite certain that the Lord of the universe cannot be one of the creatures created by maya
- Back to Godhead is a guaranteed literature to awaken your spiritual identity. It is essential and authorized. If you feel any doubt, please inquire from me, and I shall clear it up. Please therefore be a regular subscriber to this valuable magazine
- Bali Maharaja was prepared to give everything to Lord Visnu, and Sukracarya, being a professional priest, might have been anxiously waiting, doubting whether there had been any such instance in history in which one had given everything in charity
- Because of his (Arjuna) possessing spiritual assets, the doubts of duality were completely cut off
- Being questioned, Lord Brahma immediately replied, Later I shall tell You why I have come. First of all there is a doubt in my mind which I wish You would kindly dissipate
- Better than the brahmana who knows the purpose of the Vedas is he who can dissipate doubts, and better than him is one who follows the brahminical principles. Better than him is one who is liberated from all contamination, and better than him is a devotee
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: disappointment, lamentation, humility, guilt, fatigue, intoxication, pride, doubt, apprehension, intense emotion, madness, forgetfulness, disease, confusion, death, laziness, inertness
- By intelligence only can one understand whether or not he is the body. The study to determine whether one's identity is spiritual or material begins in doubt
- By knowing the science of God, one gradually becomes freed from material attachments, and one's doubtful mind becomes crystal clear by the grace of the Lord
- Devotees who are always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna will soon see Krsna face to face without a doubt
- Dhrtarastra was doubtful about the influence of the place of pilgrimage, and Sanjaya could understand his motive in asking about the situation on the battlefield
- Doubt is one of the important functions of intelligence; blind acceptance of something does not give evidence of intelligence
- Doubt means
- Doubt, misapprehension, correct apprehension, memory and sleep, as determined by their different functions, are said to be the distinct characteristics of intelligence
- Doubtful persons have no status whatsoever in spiritual emancipation. One should therefore follow in the footsteps of great acaryas who are in the disciplic succession and thereby attain success
- Doubtfulness is one of the aspects of argument
- Doubts about the eternal relationship of the Lord and the living entity are created by mental speculators in different ways, but the conclusive fact is that the relationship of God and the living entity is one of the predominator and the predominated
- Doubts are always compared to demons. He therefore addresses Krsna as Kesi-nisudana. Kesi was a most formidable demon who was killed by the Lord; now Arjuna is expecting Krsna to kill the demon of doubt
- Doubts of duality begin from the misconception of the material body, which is accepted as the self by less intelligent persons
- Even if there is a slight doubt in this land purchasing matter, we shall not purchase. There must be no doubt. This man is legal-minded you say, therefore to my mind it is doubtful. It must be very cautiously examined
- Everyone has his proprietary right in regard to prescribed duties, but should act without attachment to the result; such disinterested obligatory duties doubtlessly lead one to the path of liberation
- First doubt of Maharaja Pariksit was as follows: Lord Krsna is the SP of Godhead, who had advented Himself to establish religious principles. Why then did He mix with others' wives in the dead of night & enjoy dancing, embracing & kissing?
- First of all, whether they are going to the Moon planet, that is doubtful. At least, I am doubtful
- For the doubting soul there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next
- Freedom from doubt and delusion, can be achieved when one is not hesitant and when he understands the transcendental philosophy. Slowly but surely he becomes free from bewilderment
- Haridasa Thakura said, "Why are you doubtful? The revealed scriptures say that one can attain liberation simply by a glimpse of offenseless chanting of the holy name"
- Having heard that Krsna had already killed the elephant Kuvalayapida, Kamsa knew beyond doubt that Krsna was formidable. He thus became very much afraid of Him. Krsna and Balarama had long arms
- Hearing all these statements, all the people gathered there became a little doubtful. They thought it quite possible that because of attraction for riches one might give up his religious principles
- I (Pracinabarhi) now can understand the distinction between devotional service, knowledge and renunciation. I had some doubts about them, but you (Narada) have now very kindly dissipated all these doubts
- I have no doubt that under your able direction the New Vrindaban will become a most prosperous endeavor in spreading Krishna Consciousness and attracting the attention of many new people
- If one becomes a bookworm, reading many books and scriptures and hearing many commentaries and the instructions of many men, this will produce doubt within his heart. One cannot in this way ascertain the real goal of life
- If one thinks the Society's members are not pure devotees, one can keep direct company with the spiritual master, and if there is any doubt, one should consult the spiritual master
- If someone feels cheated by our men because they are using dubious methods of distribution and collecting money our purity may be doubted and reputation spoiled
- If there is little doubt, he can submissively make question. Just like Arjuna made question to Krsna
- If we deviate from the strict following of the regulative principles Maya is always ready to inject doubts to shake our faith in Krishna
- If we inquire, "Wherefrom this chunk comes?" that they cannot answer. Therefore the so-called scientific knowledge always remains in doubt. Darwin's theory... There are so many passages: "It may be, perhaps"
- If you are serious to understand, we should submit our doubtful questions and then understand
- Ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures do not attain God consciousness; they fall down. For the doubting soul there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next
- In Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that doubting the words of the authority is the cause of destruction
- In case of benefit, no one will deny that it is God-sent, but in case of reverses one becomes doubtful about how the Lord could be so unkind to His devotee as to put him in difficulty. Jesus Christ was seemingly put into such great difficulty
- In order to cultivate intelligence, one should be doubtful in the beginning. But doubting is not very favorable when information is received from the proper source
- In other words, Yasoda was feeling both happiness and doubt, or growing fear
- In such expressions of ecstatic love there are many other subsidiary symptoms, such as jubilation, withering, silence, disappointment, moroseness, reverence, thoughtfulness, remembrance, doubtfulness, confidence
- In the Chandogya Upanisad there is the following mantra: aitad-atmyam idam sarvam. This mantra indicates without a doubt that the entire world is Brahman
- In this way I shall bring Him here very soon. Be assured that I am telling you the truth. Do not be doubtful
- In this way Murari Gupta appealed to Me, saying, You are all-merciful, so kindly grant me this mercy: Let me die before You so that all my doubts will be finished
- It is said that a noble man accepts the good qualities of a person of doubtful character, just as one accepts nectar from a stock of poison
- Just like we are going to open this brahmacari school, or asrama, but I am doubtful whether we'll get many children. Because in this age people are interested to become sudras. Nobody is interested to become brahmana
- Just to please Krsna, Akrura stole the Syamantaka-mani, a stone which can produce unlimited quantities of gold, but later on he repented his stealing. This is another instance of ecstatic love for Krsna in doubt caused by stealing
- Maharaja Pariksit was in doubt as to why Krsna acted in that way. What was the real purpose?
- Material mind or senses were unborn when the Lord glanced over material nature. Thus evidence in the Vedas proves that beyond a doubt the Lord has transcendental eyes and a transcendental mind
- Mayy asakta-manah pariah, yogam yunjan mad-asrayah, asamsayam samagram mamma, yatha jnasyasi tac chrnu. "My dear Partha, Arjuna, in order to know Me, God, asamsayam, without any doubt, and samagram," means in completeness
- My dear boy, I will give my daughter to you in charity, and I will neglect the position of all others. Don't doubt me in this regard; just accept my proposal
- Nakula Brahmacari said, I know that you are doubtful. Now please hear this evidence with great attention"
- Narada Muni accepted Brahma as the Supreme due to Lord Brahma's wonderful acts in creation, but doubts arose in him when he saw that Lord Brahma also worshiped some superior authority
- Narada Muni replied, 'Leaving the path, I have come to you to settle a doubt that is in my mind'
- O great brahmana (Sukadeva), this is my great doubt. How was it possible for a person like King Priyavrata, who was so attached to wife, children and home, to achieve the topmost infallible perfection in Krsna consciousness
- O King, constant chanting of the holy name of the Lord after the ways of the great authorities is the doubtless and fearless way of success for all, including those who are free from all material desires
- On hearing the praises of the cowherd men in Vrndavana, King Nanda said, "My dear friends, in reply to you I can simply present the statement of Garga Muni so that your doubts may be cleared"
- Once these mind-clouding doubts disperse, one enters the doors of pure devotional service. Karmis and jnanis are also tainted by material desires - the desire to enjoy their senses and the desire for liberation, respectively
- One may doubt that trees have life because they do not breathe. But modern scientists like Bose have already proved that there is life in plants, so breathing is no sign of actual life
- One may think that unless he is free from all sinful reactions he cannot take to the surrendering process. To such doubts it is said that even if one is not free from all sinful reactions, by the process of surrendering to Krsna he is automatically freed
- One should not accept as a spiritual master someone who is fool number one, who has no direction according to the scriptural injunctions, whose character is doubtful, who does not follow the principles of devotional service
- One view was that it was impossible for a small boy like this to have done such a thing as pulling down the trees. But there were doubts because Krsna had been predicted to equal Narayana. Therefore the cowherd men were in a dilemma
- One who acts in devotional service, renouncing the fruits of his actions, and whose doubts have been destroyed by transcendental knowledge, is situated factually in the self. Thus he is not bound by the reactions of work, O conqueror of riches
- One who doubts the authority of Krsna falls back
- One who is engaged in Krsna consciousness and devotional service has without doubt become freed from all contaminations of material sinful activities
- Or is Srila Raghunandana your father and you are his son? Please let Me know the facts so that My doubts will go away
- Ramananda Raya then said that he had but one doubt within his heart, and he petitioned the Lord, "Please be merciful upon me and just remove my doubt"
- Regarding the land purchase, these soil tests are unnecessary. All the land in that area needs fertilizers, that we know. Anyway, you can give up this. If there is doubt, then there is no need for purchasing this land
- She then began to wonder who had eaten all that food. 'Why is the plate empty?' she wondered, doubting that Bala-gopala had eaten it all
- Since it is not possible to obtain information of anything beyond this material nature by experimental means, those who believe only in experimental knowledge may doubt the Vedic conclusions
- Since Krsna is so expert in killing demons, Arjuna here addresses Him as Madhusudana so that Krsna might kill the demonic doubts that arise in Arjuna's mind
- Since the moon is so distant, how space vehicles could go there is a doubtful mystery. Modern scientific calculations are subject to one change after another, and therefore they are uncertain. We have to accept the calculations of the Vedic literature
- Sometimes doubts arise in the minds of neophytes about whether or not the spiritual master is liberated, and sometimes neophytes are doubtful about the bodily affairs of the spiritual master
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as an ideal teacher, shows us how a disciple should deal with his spiritual master. Whenever there is doubt regarding any point, he should refer the matter to his spiritual master for clarification
- The collections will increase as people come more and more. The temple should become self-sufficient, that is wanted. However, see that stealing is stopped. I am doubtful that things are being stolen, otherwise how is the expenditure so high
- The devotee has an advantage over the impersonalist philosopher. The impersonalist is doubtful about the personal feature of the Lord, and therefore he always tries to meditate upon something which is not objective
- The doubts of Nanda Maharaja were certainly based on affection for Krsna. Actually there was no danger from the activities of Putana, despite her powers
- The doubts which have arisen in your heart out of ignorance should be slashed by the weapon of knowledge. Armed with yoga, O Bharata, stand and fight
- The first doubt of Maharaja Pariksit: First of all, from the material calculation He (Krsna) was only eight years old. At that age a boy cannot be lusty. Apta-kama means that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is self-satisfied
- The friend of Nanda Maharaja said, "O Nanda Maharaja, we are now in great doubt - your son Krsna must be one of the demigods. He is not at all an ordinary boy. Maybe He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- The gopis continued, "Whoever worships Your (Krsna) lotus feet, You without a doubt always bestow Your benedictions. So kindly be pleased with us and keep Your lotus feet on our breasts and thus relieve our present distresses"
- The incarnation of Krsna for this age is indicated by these symptoms. Please confirm this definitely so that all my doubts will go away
- The Kazi then wept and admitted that he had felt a keen spiritual influence which had cleared up his doubts and produced in him a religious sentiment which gave him the highest ecstasy
- The King of heaven, Indra, was advised to surrender himself at the lotus feet of Krsna when he was causing torrents of rain to fall on the land of Braja. At that time Indra's face became very darkened out of doubtfulness
- The knot of doubtfulness is tied when the soul identifies with the material world. That knot is also called ahankara, the junction of matter and spirit
- The living entity thinks that he is no longer a conditioned soul, but God. He is so unintelligent that he does not think that if he were God, then how could he be in doubt? That he does not consider. So that is the last snare of illusion
- The Lord then continued, "My dear Venkata Bhatta, please do not continue doubting. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and this is the conclusion of the Vedic literatures"
- The material energy is always provoking doubts about the supreme authority of the Lord
- The moon is full of highly elevated inhabitants who are counted amongst the demigods. We are therefore always in doubt about what kind of moon adventure the modern scientists of this planet earth have undertaken
- The older brahmana replied, "My dear boy, do not doubt me. I will give you my daughter in charity. I have already decided this"
- The Puranas and Mahabharata were made from related historical facts which explained the teaching of the four Vedas. There is no point in doubting the authority of the Puranas and Mahabharata as parts and parcels of the Vedas
- The sacrificial fire kindled by the sages of Naimisaranya was certainly full of smoke and doubts because of so many flaws. The first flaw is that there is an acute scarcity of expert brahmanas able to carry out such performances successfully in this age
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is all-pervasive, and therefore He resides everywhere. Anyone who doubts this will be annihilated
- The surrendered souls are called akuto-bhaya. They are doubtless and fearless, and their entrance into the spiritual kingdom is guaranteed
- The theoretical knowledge, experimental knowledge, always remains in doubt. All the scientists, they are not confident
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (6) mada, madness; (7) garva, pride; (8) sanka, doubt; (9) trasa, shock; (10) avega, intense emotion and (11) unmada, craziness
- The word "api" is used in the sense of possibility, question, doubt, censure, aggregation, appropriate application of things, and extravagance
- The word sabalya refers to different types of ecstatic symptoms combined together, like pride, despondency, humility, remembrance, doubt, impatience caused by insult, fear, disappointment, patience and eagerness
- There are many other disturbing symptoms in ecstatic love, such as envy, anxiety, pride, jealousy, conclusion, cowardliness, forgiveness, impatience, hankering, regret, doubtfulness and impudence
- There cannot be any doubt about the transcendental scholarship of Vyasadeva. So why should he lament
- There is a great controversy amongst the nondevotees or Mayavadis about the mysterious disappearance of the Lord, and the doubts of those men with a poor fund of knowledge have been very elaborately cleared by Srila Jiva Gosvami in his Krsna-sandarbha
- There is no doubt about it. Krsna’s form, Krsna’s flute, Krsna’s color - everything is reality. Here it is said that this vijnanam is always defeating all kinds of speculative knowledge
- They (the cowherd men) began to praise Nanda Maharaja, because by consulting him their doubts about Krsna were cleared. They said, "Let Krsna, who is so kind, beautiful and merciful, protect us"
- This condition of Kamsa's mind reveals an instance of pride, lamentation, humility, determination, remembrance, doubtfulness, anger and fear
- This is an instance of hopelessness, pride, doubtfulness, patience, lamentation, determination and eagerness - an aggregation of seven different symptoms in ecstatic love for Krsna
- Those who are beyond the dualities that arise from doubts, whose minds are engaged within, who are always busy working for the welfare of all living beings, and who are free from all sins achieve liberation in the Supreme
- Those who are not in the disciplic succession, the asauta-panthis, cannot have faith in these talks (between Sri Caitanya and Ramandanda Raya). They are always doubting and engaging in mental concoctions
- When he (Maharaja Yudhisthira) could not find his uncle and aunt in the palace, naturally his doubts arose, and he conjectured that they had gone down to the water of the Ganges
- When service is rendered in affection, it is the Lord’s special mercy. When service is rendered in veneration, it is doubtful whether Krsna’s mercy is actually involved
- When service is rendered in veneration, it is doubtful whether Krsna's mercy is actually involved. If Krsna's mercy is there, it is not dependent on any prescribed caste or creed
- When she saw that all the pots were still filled with rice and vegetables, there was some doubt in her mind, and she was astonished
- When Sivananda Sena heard that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had entered the body of Nakula Brahmacari, he went there with doubts in his mind
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted some other brahmanas, they told him that he had not committed a grievous fault and that consequently he should not drink hot ghee and give up his life. As a result, Subuddhi Raya was doubtful about what to do
- You are chanting the Gaura-gopala mantra, composed of four syllables. Now please give up the doubts that have resided within you
- You are having some doubts whether or not the mass of people will be able to appreciate Krsna Consciousness. Yes, it is a fact that most people cannot approach Krsna Consciousness. Just like a rare gem
- You can know Him, you can see Him, what He is, what is His function. Just to mitigate all our doubts, God is present here. And Krsna says in the beginning of the Seventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita how you can understand God
- You have any doubt in the supreme nature of Krsna?