Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
faithful | faithfully | faithfulness
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Devotees of God Faithfully Serve God (1 P)
- ► God's Faithfulness (1 P)
- ► Krsna's Faithfulness (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Loyal (3 P)
Pages in category "Faithful"
The following 129 pages are in this category, out of 129 total.
- A brahmacari should be very expert in executing responsibilities, he should be faithful, and he should control his senses and try to avoid the association of women as far as possible
- A chaste and faithful woman must not practice adultery - that is a greatly sinful act
- A devoted person faithfully understands just what is actually stated in the pages of Bhagavad-gita and does not resort to imagination, or the empiric philosophical approach, generally called "spiritual interpretation"
- A faithful devotee is a truly eligible candidate for the loving service of the Lord. According to one's faith, one is classified as a topmost devotee, an intermediate devotee or an inferior devotee
- A faithful man who is absorbed in transcendental knowledge and who subdues his senses quickly attains the supreme spiritual peace. BG 4.39 - 1972
- A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- According to Vedic culture, a woman must accept the husband given to her by her parents and remain chaste and faithful to him. Therefore King Saryati was surprised to see a young man by the side of Sukanya
- Although chaste women may follow the rules and regulations of Vedic principles to become ever faithful to their husbands, Krsna is able to break their stonelike chastity with the chisel of His beauty
- Any faithful person who hears of this brahmana's cursing Lord Caitanya is delivered from all brahminical curses
- As a man must follow great personalities like Brahma and Narada, a woman must follow the path of such ideal women as Sita, Mandodari and Draupadi. By staying chaste and faithful to her husband, a woman enriches herself with supernatural power
- As Lord Krsna states in Bhagavad-gita, when He descends on earth, He has two types of business - to give protection to the faithful and annihilate the demons
- As soon as you become servant of Krsna you get full satisfaction. Sa-natha-jivitah means you will understand that "I have a master who is so full, who is so complete, who is so competent, who is so faithful, and who is so nice, there is no injustice"
- As you faithfully continue to work under my direction, your further advancement is sure
- At one such meeting, while he (the brahmana) was very faithfully hearing about Vaisnava activities, he was informed that these activities can be performed even by meditation
- Bhakti-lata, the devotional service, the seed of devotional service, can be received by the parampara system through bona fide spiritual master. And if we abide by the orders of spiritual master faithfully, then Krsna becomes pleased
- Bible or Bhagavad-gita or Srimad-Bhagavata, they are not meant for the atheistic persons. So whatever auspicious things are in the world, they are meant for the faithful, not for the atheistic persons
- Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Devotee said, "Sometimes I have carried out their orders in a way most abominable. Yet in spite of my serving them so faithfully, they are neither satisfied nor are they kind enough to give me relief from their service"
- Dharma-viras are produced after going through the authoritative scriptures, following moral principles, being faithful and tolerant and controlling the senses
- Don't follow these naradhamas. Be faithful. Try to understand, those who are actually followers of God. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. So you take to this line of disciplic succession from Krsna
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (1) the creation of the ingredients of the cosmos, (2) the creations of Brahma, (3) the maintenance of the creation, (4) special favor given to the faithful, (5) impetuses for activity
- Hindus, Muslims and Christians are faithful in their type of religion, and they go to the church, temple or mosque, but unfortunately they cannot give up the association of persons who are too much addicted to sex life and satisfaction of the palate
- His legs in going to places of pilgrimage like Vrndavana and Mathura or to the Lord's temple, his head in touching the lotus feet of the Lord and offering Him obeisances, and his desires in serving the Lord faithfully
- If he had no desire to go to London he would have plainly told me like that. It has certainly given me a great shock. He is one of my very faithful disciples and if he does like that how can I prosecute my programmes
- If one faithfully and inoffensively chants the holy name of the Lord, where is the doubt that he will return to Godhead?
- If one finds himself entangled in worldly connections, one should behave outwardly like a worldly man but remain inwardly faithful for spiritual realization. That will help one on the progressive march of life
- If some outside party comes, they must sell books only, no collecting without selling books. They must live in the local temple and not separately, and they must follow faithfully the instructions and directions of the local president
- If we remain faithful in Krishna's service, there will be no difficulty in speaking when ever it is necessary
- If you train woman from the very beginning how to become chaste and faithful to the husband, they can become a very good mother, very good asset in the family
- In Krsna reside (10) equality, (11) tolerance, (12) equanimity, (13) faithfulness, (14) knowledge, (15) absence of sense enjoyment, (16) leadership, (17) chivalry, (18) influence, (19) the power to make everything possible
- In the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Anjana, in the province of Gaya, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist
- In the material world, unless women are trained to be chaste and faithful to their husbands, there cannot be peace or prosperity in society
- In this age of Kali Yuga it is not possible to faithfully follow the procedures of Hatha Yoga because our minds are too restless and our lives are very brief
- Instruction should be given to the faithful devotee who is respectful to the spiritual master, nonenvious, friendly to all kinds of living entities and eager to render service with faith and sincerity
- It also demonstrates the glories of holy places and shows how the Lord accepts His faithful devotee. Thus the Lord fulfilled five or seven purposes by performing one pastime
- King Pururava was greatly attached to Urvasi. Yet despite his faithfulness to her, she had left him. Now, considering that the King was wasting his rarely achieved human form of life, Urvasi frankly explained the nature of a woman
- Kings from different parts of the world were invited to see the great sacrifice performed by King Yudhisthira, and the citizens, comprising learned brahmanas, chivalrous ksatriyas, well-to-do vaisyas and faithful sudras, all visited the ceremony
- Krsna said, "By worshiping them (sages and brahmanas) faithfully, you will be worshiping Me more diligently. I consider worship of My devotees to be better than direct worship of Me"
- Krsna said, "I understand that you (the gopis) are all very chaste women, so now that you have seen the beautiful atmosphere of the Vrndavana forest, please return home and engage in the faithful service of your respective husbands"
- Krsna said, "If she (a woman) actually desires to be elevated to the higher planetary systems after leaving this body. Besides that, it is considered abominable in society if a woman is unfaithful and goes searching for another man"
- Ksatriya kings used to obey very faithfully the orders of learned brahmanas and saintly persons, and in this way they would rule their country. Similarly, vaisyas used to follow the king's orders, and sudras used to serve the three higher castes
- Lord Jesus explains that he kept his disciples faithful to the Lord in His Holy Name. And the process of Lord Caitanya is the same - to keep one always in contact with the Supreme Personality of Godhead by constantly chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra
- Lord Krsna ordered Uddhava by signal to go to Badarikasrama after His departure, and Uddhava, as a pure devotee of the Lord, carried out the order more faithfully than going back to Godhead, or the abode of the Lord
- Lord Krsna says that faithful, those who are faithful, they can acquire transcendental knowledge
- Mother Sita was very submissive, faithful, shy and chaste, always understanding the attitude of her husband. Thus by her character and her love and service she completely attracted the mind of the Lord
- My dear King, O protector of the citizens, henceforward be very careful to execute My orders and not be misled by anything. Anyone who lives in that way, simply carrying out My orders faithfully, will always find good fortune all over the world
- Narada Muni continued: When Prahlada Maharaja spoke about the path of self-realization in devotional service, thus being faithful to the camp of his father's enemies, Hiranyakasipu, the King of the demons, heard Prahlada's words and he laughingly said
- Nepotism, bribery, cheating, aggression and, therefore, famine, epidemic, war and similar other disturbing features become prominent in human society. And the devotees of the Lord or the faithful are persecuted by all means
- Not only should a woman be faithful and chaste to her husband, but she should also be affectionate to the friends of her husband, obedient to the father and mother of her husband, and affectionate to the younger brothers of her husband
- O best of kings, one who is faithful, who is always hearing the glories of the SPG, who is always engaged in the culture of Krsna consciousness and in hearing of the Lord's activities, very soon becomes eligible to see the SPG face to face
- O best of the brahmanas, many men have laid down their lives on the battlefield, being unafraid of fighting, but rarely has one gotten the chance to give his accumulated wealth faithfully to a saintly person who creates holy places
- O King Pariksit, as the hunter of a deer becomes like a deer by covering his body with deerskin and serving the deer, so Indra, although at heart the enemy of the sons of Diti, became outwardly friendly and served Diti in a faithful way
- O lord, please note that we are not at all negligent in discharging our duties. We have been faithfully carrying this palanquin according to your desire, but this man who has been recently engaged to work with us cannot walk very swiftly
- One becomes engaged exclusively in the service of the Lord, being attentive to carry out the orders of the Lord faithfully
- One can become fixed in one's prescribed duty by faithful aural reception of Vedic instructions and assimilation of the essence of Vedic knowledge by devotional service to the Lord
- One has to become faithful by practicing the controlling process of the yoga system and must elevate himself to the platform of unalloyed devotional service by chanting and hearing about Me
- One has to execute his duty faithfully, depending for the result on the supreme authority
- One must be very faithful, learned and renounced, otherwise one cannot be a pure devotee
- One should associate with and faithfully serve that pure devotee who is advanced in undeviated devotional service and whose heart is completely devoid of the propensity to criticize others
- One who is faithful is a proper candidate for devotional service
- One who strictly follows religious principles must not neglect to provide all facilities for the complete protection of his wife. There may be some suffering because of this, but one must nevertheless endure it. That is the duty of a faithful husband
- One's body is very dear, yet Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Our well-wishing father, Daksa, after knowing our intentions, handed over thirteen of his daughters unto you, and since then we have all been faithful
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: steadiness, faithfulness, fame, respectfulness and lack of false egotism
- Please hear faithfully this description of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic emotions. Thus you will come to know of His ecstatic love, and ultimately you will achieve love of Godhead
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "Krsna is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune. In comparison with her, we are most insignificant. Indeed, we are nothing. Yet although He is very cunning, Krsna is also very charitable"
- Radharani said, "His entreaties are so powerful that it is very difficult for a gopi to resist her love for Krsna, even though she may be very bashful, devoted to her family duties and most faithful to her husband"
- Real success is how one is faithful to his guru. That is real success
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Within your heart you should keep yourself very faithful, but externally you may behave like an ordinary man. Thus Krsna will soon be very pleased and deliver you from the clutches of maya"
- Sri Maitreya said: Devahuti was fully faithful and respectful toward the direction of her husband, Kardama, who was one of the Prajapatis, or generators of human beings in the universe
- Staunch and faithful devotee
- Such karmis are superior to the vikarmis, for they are faithful to the directions of the Vedas and are certainly dear to Krsna
- That one marriage is sufficient. She must remain very faithful to her husband, chaste. That is wanted. Not that "I do not like this husband. I'll change." That is not wanted
- That purity is said, adau sraddha: "Beginning is faith." Now tato sadhu-sangah: "You mix with faithful men." Then it will develop. Otherwise, if you take simply initiation and then sleep, then faith will be lost. That is happening
- The Asvini-kumaras were very pleased to see Sukanya's chastity and faithfulness. Thus they showed her Cyavana Muni, her husband, and after taking permission from him, they returned to the heavenly planets in their plane
- The audience must be faithfully receptive to the Bhagavata message, and the reciter should completely depend on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The demigods are also ordinary living entities, but due to their faithfulness - their devotional service attitude - they have been promoted to such posts
- The enchanting vibration of His (Krsna's) songs became a great impediment to the young girls, who were supposed to remain chaste and faithful to their husbands
- The faithful human being who is desirous of being liberated from the clutches of material existence can very easily take advantage of the Bhagavad-gita, and with this in view, the Lord instructed Arjuna as if Arjuna were in need of it
- The faithfulness of the goddess of fortune is the ideal for a chaste woman
- The great sage Parasara, being so advised by the great sage Pulastya, spoke unto me the foremost of the Puranas (Bhagavatam). I shall also describe this before you, my dear son, in terms of my hearing, because you are always my faithful follower
- The innocent, unenlightened citizen is like an ignorant animal sleeping in peace with its head on the lap of its master, faithfully believing in the master's protection
- The queens said, "Although because you (the mountain) are discharging your duties very faithfully, you do not know how to move. Because you are so grave, you do not move hither and thither, nor do you say anything"
- The sixteenth daughter, whose name was Sati, was the wife of Lord Siva. She could not produce a child, although she always faithfully engaged in the service of her husband
- The wives of Saubhari Muni also entered the spiritual world by the influence of their husband. They were unfit, but because they were faithful followers of their husband, they also entered the spiritual world with him
- The words of Bhagavad-gita are authoritative instructions for faithful men
- These regulative activities must be faithfully performed with enthusiasm. This is called tat-tat-karma-pravartana, or varied engagement in devotional service
- These soldiers had come in thousands to fight with Him with raised weapons and were very faithful followers of Hiranyakasipu, but Lord Nrsimhadeva killed all of them merely with the ends of His nails
- They were executed in holy places according to the proper time by priests who were all young and faithful. In this way Lord Visnu was worshiped, and the prasada was offered to all the demigods. Thus the functions and festivals were all successful
- Thinking in this way (with a desire for a son to kill Indra), Diti began constantly acting to satisfy Kasyapa by her pleasing behavior. O King, Diti always carried out Kasyapa's orders very faithfully, as he desired
- This incident manifests the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His teaching that a sannyasi should remain in the renounced order, and the deep attachment to Him felt by His faithful devotees
- Thus a sober and faithful person who knows the religious principles is temporarily purified of all sins performed with his body, words and mind
- Unless one faithfully chants the Hare Krsna mantra, Krsna does not reveal Himself
- Urvasi said: Women as a class are merciless and cunning. They cannot tolerate even a slight offense. For their own pleasure they can do anything irreligious, and therefore they do not fear killing even a faithful husband or brother
- Vidura requested Maitreya: My dear brahmana, you are well conversant with all subjects, both past and future. Therefore I wish to hear from you all the activities of King Vena. I am your faithful devotee, so please explain this
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains, "My only concern is to see whether I am factually, faithfully carrying out the order of my guru"
- We do not hate maya because we know maya is also a faithful agent of Krishna, but her task is very thankless
- We have nothing to manufacture, but simply carry the message as a faithful peon. That will be effective
- We have to learn something from the dog. The dog also is a teacher: how to become faithful to the master. That teaching we can have even from the dog
- We shall teach the girls two things. One thing is how to become chaste and faithful to their husband, and how to cook nicely. If these two qualifications they have, I'll take guarantee to get for them good husband
- What is to be said of a devotee who worships mother Ganges faithfully with a determined vow? One can only imagine the benefit that accrues to such a devotee
- Whatever charge given from Krishna through the medium of Spiritual Master you should be carrying out very faithfully. I have come to your country in this old age with this interest
- When a woman wants to endear herself to her husband and make him very faithful, she must try to please him in all respects
- When one becomes completely faithful in regard to this instruction, one's strong faith becomes the basis for advancing in spiritual life
- When the Lord was present as Lord Rama, Jambavan, the great king of the monkeys, rendered very faithful service to Him. When the Lord again appeared as Krsna, He married Jambavan's daughter and paid him all the respect that is usually given to superiors
- Whoever your husband may be, simply by understanding that you are so faithful to him, he will come to possess all opulences. I think you must be the goddess of fortune, but I do not see the lotus flower in your hand
- With great jubilation she became pregnant, having taken semen from Kasyapa, and faithfully began discharging the vow
- Yes, you may perform the marriages in the Temple room, but after the legal marriage has lasted at least 6 months to a year. Then we can know they are faithful and serious
- Your attractive qualities will be celebrated all over the world because you have with pleasure accepted within your hearts the orders of your father and have executed those orders very faithfully