Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
faithful | faithfully | faithfulness
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Faithful"
The following 141 pages are in this category, out of 141 total.
- A brahmacari should be very expert in executing responsibilities, he should be faithful, and he should control his senses and try to avoid the association of women as far as possible
- A chaste and faithful woman must not practice adultery - that is a greatly sinful act
- A devoted person faithfully understands just what is actually stated in the pages of Bhagavad-gita and does not resort to imagination, or the empiric philosophical approach, generally called "spiritual interpretation"
- A faithful devotee is a truly eligible candidate for the loving service of the Lord. According to one's faith, one is classified as a topmost devotee, an intermediate devotee or an inferior devotee
- A madhyama-adhikari is a sraddhavan, a staunchly faithful person, and he is actually a candidate for further advancement in devotional service
- A person who is very faithfully engaged in the worship of the Deity in the temple, but who does not know how to behave toward devotees or people in general is called a prakrta-bhakta, or kanistha-adhikari
- A pious man is faithful to the Lord, for he is guided by the bona fide brahmana and Vaisnava following the religious principles. These three guiding principles should be the aim of life
- A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- A servant has no individual independence. He acts only on the order of the master. A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- According to Vedic culture, a woman must accept the husband given to her by her parents and remain chaste and faithful to him. Therefore King Saryati was surprised to see a young man by the side of Sukanya
- Although chaste women may follow the rules and regulations of Vedic principles to become ever faithful to their husbands, Krsna is able to break their stonelike chastity with the chisel of His beauty
- Any faithful person who hears of this brahmana's cursing Lord Caitanya is delivered from all brahminical curses
- As a man must follow great personalities like Brahma and Narada, a woman must follow the path of such ideal women as Sita, Mandodari and Draupadi. By staying chaste and faithful to her husband, a woman enriches herself with supernatural power
- As declared in Bhagavad-gita, the Lord appears in the mortal world to execute His much-needed mission of killing the miscreants and giving protection to the suffering faithful
- As Lord Krsna states in Bhagavad-gita, when He descends on earth, He has two types of business - to give protection to the faithful and annihilate the demons
- As soon as you become servant of Krsna you get full satisfaction. Sa-natha-jivitah means you will understand that "I have a master who is so full, who is so complete, who is so competent, who is so faithful, and who is so nice, there is no injustice"
- As you faithfully continue to work under my direction, your further advancement is sure
- At one such meeting, while he (the brahmana) was very faithfully hearing about Vaisnava activities, he was informed that these activities can be performed even by meditation
- Bhakti-lata, the devotional service, the seed of devotional service, can be received by the parampara system through bona fide spiritual master. And if we abide by the orders of spiritual master faithfully, then Krsna becomes pleased
- Bible or Bhagavad-gita or Srimad-Bhagavata, they are not meant for the atheistic persons. So whatever auspicious things are in the world, they are meant for the faithful, not for the atheistic persons
- Brahma said, "You (Krsna) are always eternal. Your appearance and disappearance are made possible by Your inconceivable energy just to give protection to the faithful devotees and to annihilate the faithless demons"
- By opposing Krsna consciousness, one becomes conditioned and fearful due to the influence of maya. By executing devotional service faithfully, one is liberated from maya
- Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Devotee said, "Sometimes I have carried out their orders in a way most abominable. Yet in spite of my serving them so faithfully, they are neither satisfied nor are they kind enough to give me relief from their service"
- Dharma-viras are produced after going through the authoritative scriptures, following moral principles, being faithful and tolerant and controlling the senses
- Don't follow these naradhamas. Be faithful. Try to understand, those who are actually followers of God. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. So you take to this line of disciplic succession from Krsna
- He who faithfully hears about the dealings between Lord Krsna and the gopis in the rasa dance and he who describes these activities attain to the perfectional stage of devotional service and simultaneously lose material, lusty desires
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (1) the creation of the ingredients of the cosmos, (2) the creations of Brahma, (3) the maintenance of the creation, (4) special favor given to the faithful, (5) impetuses for activity
- Hindus, Muslims and Christians are faithful in their type of religion, and they go to the church, temple or mosque, but unfortunately they cannot give up the association of persons who are too much addicted to sex life and satisfaction of the palate
- His legs in going to places of pilgrimage like Vrndavana and Mathura or to the Lord's temple, his head in touching the lotus feet of the Lord and offering Him obeisances, and his desires in serving the Lord faithfully
- If he had no desire to go to London he would have plainly told me like that. It has certainly given me a great shock. He is one of my very faithful disciples and if he does like that how can I prosecute my programmes
- If one finds himself entangled in worldly connections, one should behave outwardly like a worldly man but remain inwardly faithful for spiritual realization. That will help one on the progressive march of life
- If some outside party comes, they must sell books only, no collecting without selling books. They must live in the local temple and not separately, and they must follow faithfully the instructions and directions of the local president
- If we remain faithful in Krishna's service, there will be no difficulty in speaking when ever it is necessary
- If you don't become a faithful servant of Vaisnava, there is no possibility of your liberation. Chadiya vaisnava-seva nistara payecha keba. Tandera carana-sevi-bhakta-sane vasa, janame janame haya ei abhilasa. This is Narottama dasa Thakura
- If you train woman from the very beginning how to become chaste and faithful to the husband, they can become a very good mother, very good asset in the family
- In Bhagavad-gita also it is confirmed that the devotee who faithfully serves the Supreme Lord, even if found to commit a gross mistake, should be considered a sadhu, or saintly person
- In the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Anjana, in the province of Gaya, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist (SB 1.3.24)
- In the material world, unless women are trained to be chaste and faithful to their husbands, there cannot be peace or prosperity in society
- In this age of Kali Yuga it is not possible to faithfully follow the procedures of Hatha Yoga because our minds are too restless and our lives are very brief
- Instruction should be given to the faithful devotee who is respectful to the spiritual master, nonenvious, friendly to all kinds of living entities and eager to render service with faith and sincerity
- It also demonstrates the glories of holy places and shows how the Lord accepts His faithful devotee. Thus the Lord fulfilled five or seven purposes by performing one pastime
- It is especially stressed here that the opulence of Manu was due to his undeviating faithfulness in the transcendental service of the Lord
- King Pururava was greatly attached to Urvasi. Yet despite his faithfulness to her, she had left him. Now, considering that the King was wasting his rarely achieved human form of life, Urvasi frankly explained the nature of a woman
- Kings from different parts of the world were invited to see the great sacrifice performed by King Yudhisthira, and the citizens, comprising learned brahmanas, chivalrous ksatriyas, well-to-do vaisyas and faithful sudras, all visited the ceremony
- Krsna said, "By worshiping them (sages and brahmanas) faithfully, you will be worshiping Me more diligently. I consider worship of My devotees to be better than direct worship of Me"
- Krsna said, "I understand that you (the gopis) are all very chaste women, so now that you have seen the beautiful atmosphere of the Vrndavana forest, please return home and engage in the faithful service of your respective husbands"
- Krsna said, "If she (a woman) actually desires to be elevated to the higher planetary systems after leaving this body. Besides that, it is considered abominable in society if a woman is unfaithful and goes searching for another man"
- Ksatriya kings used to obey very faithfully the orders of learned brahmanas and saintly persons, and in this way they would rule their country. Similarly, vaisyas used to follow the king's orders, and sudras used to serve the three higher castes
- Lord Jesus explains that he kept his disciples faithful to the Lord in His Holy Name. And the process of Lord Caitanya is the same - to keep one always in contact with the Supreme Personality of Godhead by constantly chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra
- Lord Krsna empowered the Pandavas to execute His great mission of chastising the infidel miscreants of the world and giving protection to His faithful devotees
- Lord Krsna ordered Uddhava by signal to go to Badarikasrama after His departure, and Uddhava, as a pure devotee of the Lord, carried out the order more faithfully than going back to Godhead, or the abode of the Lord
- Lord Krsna says that faithful, those who are faithful, they can acquire transcendental knowledge
- Nepotism, bribery, cheating, aggression and, therefore, famine, epidemic, war and similar other disturbing features become prominent in human society. And the devotees of the Lord or the faithful are persecuted by all means
- Not only should a woman be faithful and chaste to her husband, but she should also be affectionate to the friends of her husband, obedient to the father and mother of her husband, and affectionate to the younger brothers of her husband
- On account of the Pandavas' faithful devotion to the Lord, He agreed to become their charioteer, their advisor, their friend, their messenger and sometimes their bodyguard. Such is an example of the result of devotional service towards Visnu
- One becomes engaged exclusively in the service of the Lord, being attentive to carry out the orders of the Lord faithfully
- One becomes undisturbed and non-envious in full transcendental loving service to the Lord; and one makes friendship with the devotees of the Lord who are situated in faithful service to Him
- One can become fixed in one's prescribed duty by faithful aural reception of Vedic instructions and assimilation of the essence of Vedic knowledge by devotional service to the Lord
- One has to execute his duty faithfully, depending for the result on the supreme authority
- One must be very faithful, learned and renounced, otherwise one cannot be a pure devotee
- One should associate with and faithfully serve that pure devotee who is advanced in undeviated devotional service and whose heart is completely devoid of the propensity to criticize others
- One who is faithful is a proper candidate for devotional service
- One who strictly follows religious principles must not neglect to provide all facilities for the complete protection of his wife. There may be some suffering because of this, but one must nevertheless endure it. That is the duty of a faithful husband
- One's body is very dear, yet Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Only the Supreme Personality of Godhead is worshipable, but those who are not very conversant with, or faithful to, the scriptural injunctions worship different objects, according to their specific situations in the modes of material nature
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: steadiness, faithfulness, fame, respectfulness and lack of false egotism
- Please hear faithfully this description of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic emotions. Thus you will come to know of His ecstatic love, and ultimately you will achieve love of Godhead
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "Krsna is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune. In comparison with her, we are most insignificant. Indeed, we are nothing. Yet although He is very cunning, Krsna is also very charitable"
- Radharani said, "His entreaties are so powerful that it is very difficult for a gopi to resist her love for Krsna, even though she may be very bashful, devoted to her family duties and most faithful to her husband"
- Ramacandra was so strict, and God Himself was ruling, and still, there was Ravana. But because Ramacandra was there he was also killed. Paritranaya sadhunam. God's business is to protect the faithful and kill the demons
- Real success is how one is faithful to his guru. That is real success
- Rupa Gosvami describes the characteristics of a person who has actually developed his ecstatic love for Krsna. The characteristics are as follows: (6) He is always very eager to serve the Lord faithfully
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Within your heart you should keep yourself very faithful, but externally you may behave like an ordinary man. Thus Krsna will soon be very pleased and deliver you from the clutches of maya"
- Staunch and faithful devotee
- Such karmis are superior to the vikarmis, for they are faithful to the directions of the Vedas and are certainly dear to Krsna
- Such pastimes as those of Nrsimhadeva are certainly not meant to create a fearful situation for the devotees, but nonetheless the devotees, being very simple and faithful, were afraid of the fierce incarnation of the Lord
- That is faithfulness in God. Why a preacher should be bothered about maintaining himself?
- That one marriage is sufficient. She must remain very faithful to her husband, chaste. That is wanted. Not that "I do not like this husband. I'll change." That is not wanted
- That purity is said, adau sraddha: "Beginning is faith." Now tato sadhu-sangah: "You mix with faithful men." Then it will develop. Otherwise, if you take simply initiation and then sleep, then faith will be lost. That is happening
- That should be the process. Krsna is omnipresent. He can see you, He can understand you, what are doing. So we have to execute devotional service in such a faithful way that Krsna will see us. Then you will be successful
- The audience must be faithfully receptive to the Bhagavata message, and the reciter should completely depend on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The demigods are also ordinary living entities, but due to their faithfulness - their devotional service attitude - they have been promoted to such posts
- The enchanting vibration of His (Krsna's) songs became a great impediment to the young girls, who were supposed to remain chaste and faithful to their husbands
- The faithful human being who is desirous of being liberated from the clutches of material existence can very easily take advantage of the Bhagavad-gita, and with this in view, the Lord instructed Arjuna as if Arjuna were in need of it
- The faithfulness of the goddess of fortune is the ideal for a chaste woman
- The faithless people were made to believe in God in the form of Lord Buddha. That was the mercy of Lord Buddha: he made the faithless faithful to him
- The Lord being the father, all living beings should fully and satisfactorily discharge the duty and will of the father, as faithful sons. This very mentality will at once bring peace and prosperity to human society
- The Lord is very kind and He awards right understanding of His transcendental Supreme Personality to His faithful devotee. And there is no such thing as material pangs for such a pure devotee of the Lord, because the Lord protects His devotees
- The messenger said, "It is said that Your appearance in this incarnation is for the purpose of protecting the faithful and destroying the miscreants"
- The plans of the devotee never go in vain, and all this is due to the faithful attachment of the devotee for the service of the Lord. This is the standard of perfection and liberation
- The queens said, "Although because you (the mountain) are discharging your duties very faithfully, you do not know how to move. Because you are so grave, you do not move hither and thither, nor do you say anything"
- The sraddadhana, or faithful devotee, can actually derive all the benefits of Bhagavad-gita because by the omnipotency of the Lord he achieves the transcendental bliss which vanquishes attachment and nullifies all concomitant material miseries
- The wives of Saubhari Muni also entered the spiritual world by the influence of their husband. They were unfit, but because they were faithful followers of their husband, they also entered the spiritual world with him
- The words of Bhagavad-gita are authoritative instructions for faithful men
- There are gradations of human beings in terms of proportionate faith in the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The first-class faithful men are the Vaisnavas and the brahmanas
- These regulative activities must be faithfully performed with enthusiasm. This is called tat-tat-karma-pravartana, or varied engagement in devotional service
- This incident manifests the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His teaching that a sannyasi should remain in the renounced order, and the deep attachment to Him felt by His faithful devotees
- Those interested in Krsna consciousness should not be eager to accept rules and regulations for economic advancement, yet they should very faithfully accept scriptural rules and regulations for the advancement of Krsna consciousness
- Those persons who execute their duties according to My injunctions and who follow this teaching faithfully, without envy, become free from the bondage of fruitive actions
- To the faithful the Lord reveals Himself in His form, quality and pastimes. The Lord is not formless, as wrongly conceived by the impersonalist, but His form is not like one that we have experienced
- Unless one faithfully chants the Hare Krsna mantra, Krsna does not reveal Himself
- Urvasi said: Women as a class are merciless and cunning. They cannot tolerate even a slight offense. For their own pleasure they can do anything irreligious, and therefore they do not fear killing even a faithful husband or brother
- We become more and more faithful to Krsna by understanding the siddhanta
- We cannot realize the Supreme Personality of Godhead by any artificial means. We must engage faithfully in the service of the Lord
- We do not hate maya because we know maya is also a faithful agent of Krishna, but her task is very thankless
- We have nothing to manufacture, but simply carry the message as a faithful peon. That will be effective
- We have to learn something from the dog. The dog also is a teacher: how to become faithful to the master. That teaching we can have even from the dog
- We must have faith. And we see that many faithful, great acaryas and devotees of the Lord, they achieved success by this faith. Why shall I not follow them? Therefore the Vedic literature says that you have to follow the footprints of great acaryas
- We shall teach the girls two things. One thing is how to become chaste and faithful to their husband, and how to cook nicely. If these two qualifications they have, I'll take guarantee to get for them good husband
- Whatever charge given from Krishna through the medium of Spiritual Master you should be carrying out very faithfully. I have come to your country in this old age with this interest
- When a woman wants to endear herself to her husband and make him very faithful, she must try to please him in all respects
- When one becomes completely faithful in regard to this instruction, one's strong faith becomes the basis for advancing in spiritual life
- When the Lord was present as Lord Rama, Jambavan, the great king of the monkeys, rendered very faithful service to Him. When the Lord again appeared as Krsna, He married Jambavan's daughter and paid him all the respect that is usually given to superiors
- When this process is faithfully followed, the Supreme Lord reveals Himself to the devotee