Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... ISKCON - General
Pages in category "Questions On... ISKCON - General"
The following 170 pages are in this category, out of 170 total.
- A lot of them are very young people coming into the movement. Do you think they really understand what they're going into when they join the Krsna movement?
- Also they bump one another with the drum or with each other's bodies, they dance and they bump like this. That is not bona fide is it? It is very popular in our movement now
- And how many disciples you have in India itself? From three thousand, how many members of your community you have in India itself?
- And that's why the Krsna movement is separate (the general world's activities are like a non-moving car? A lump of matter)… Appears to be separated, that's the way you would put it. Well, is it separated?
- And what is the figure (of people joining) likely to be? Five a week, ten a week?
- And where did it (the Krsna consciousness movement) first start, which country?
- Are there Christian also, or Muslim also joining this (movement)?
- Are you happy with the way the Krsna movement is progressing throughout the world and particularly throughout Australia?
- Assuming for example that Hare Krsna grew to gigantic proportions as Christianity has grown, would not they (the fringe areas, who professed to be the followers of the Hare Krsna) be the difficulty as the Christian is today?
- But because this is the age of Kali, even if the Krsna consciousness movement spreads and even captures governments, how can we stop individual people from doing this (sinful life)?
- But why, why 1966 (my movement was started from U.S.A in 1966)? I mean what was there, what was there, special about the Sixties?
- But you don't require recognition of any court, do you?
- Can you tell me a little bit about the future direction of the movement, how you plan to expand?
- Can you tell me how many of those (who joins) actually stay?
- Can you tell me how the Hare Krsna movement came to be founded?
- Could you please tell me a little bit about your life and how you knew that you were the spiritual master for the Krsna consciousness movement?
- Defamation of our religious cult. Because we're recognized by scholars as being bona fide. It says here, "Ungodly face of Krsna cult." How is that ungodly?
- Devotees, sometimes they feel that in ISKCON we're talking so much about the business of how to spread Krsna consciousness, but we're not talking enough about Krsna's pastimes, krsna-katha. Won't it purify them? That's what they say, "It will purify me"
- Do I have to join your movement to be happy? Can I just take Krsna consciousness outside your movement?
- Do we offer any solution for socio-economic problems that you can...?
- Do you consider that your movement is basically more of an educational movement than a religious movement?
- Do you have any hope in the future that you, your movement, will involve printing a lot of books, making, building schools for your children?
- Do you have any panditas in the Western movement?
- Do you have any plans of propagating your movement in India?
- Do you have any proposal to spread this movement in Communist countries?
- Do you have arrangements with hospitals in case somebody gets sick, and do you watch diet carefully and...?
- Do you have lots of members?
- Do you have programs developed to educate mankind towards this God consciousness?
- Do you have women followers also in this movement?
- Do you know how many followers there are in the United States now?
- Do you need to be involved in the Krsna movement to be God conscious?
- Do you not project this Krsna consciousness movement is an improvement over the whole...
- Do you think that some day the Krsna consciousness movement will spread to all the people in the world?
- Do you think that your mission is successful?
- Do you think that your movement has a chance to make it here in America?
- Do you think your movement is the only way to come to know God?
- Does ISKCON believe in reincarnation?
- Does the group live a vegetarian life, without any meat? Is that what you're saying?
- Does the Krsna movement recognize other types of service to human beings like the social workers?
- Does this organization (ISKCON) do social work?
- Don't you find the whole Krsna movement more successful in an age and era when there is such laxity of moral standards and spiritual leadership and direction?
- Has the movement involved itself in social philosophy?
- Has there been any official opposition to your movement in any country?
- Has your movement arranged once any particular event which is a movement in a particular country?
- Have they advanced beyond following the rules and regulations of ISKCON?
- He asks: In our society do these four divisions also exist?
- He has understood from Bhagavad-gita that Krsna says that "As you approach Me, I present Myself." So in that sense can this movement be compared to also the consciousness of Christ, Christ consciousness
- How can we best serve the movement? By joining it? I have joined it in a...
- How do you have that assurance (this movement is the only way to know God)?
- How do you relate the International Society for Krishna Consciousness to Hinduism?
- How do you want India to take this movement?
- How is our movement doing in India?
- How long has your group been in the United States?
- How long have you been in this country? Did you come to found this society?
- How long this movement has been started?
- How many Life Members in India? Must have at least ten thousand
- How the movement is growing? Can you give me any figures at all? I was speaking to one of your colleagues earlier who mentioned 150, but seventy-five approximately which were in London. Are the figures growing week by week?
- How this movement was formed when you came here. You are the father of this movement. How this idea was created within you?
- How will your movement give anybody brains?
- How would I recognize a true follower of the Krsna consciousness movement by his behavior? What would his traits be? What would his outward expressions be?
- I guess when you started out down here in Greenwich Village in 1965 you didn't have any idea that your movement was going to become the rather large movement it is. Did you?
- I saw a card last night which said, "The International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc." A friend of mine asked me why the word "Incorporated"?
- I wonder if you could tell me how you came to founding the movement here in the United States?
- I would like to know how this movement started, what gave you the idea. What is the background? And why it was called the Krsna consciousness movement? Is it a return to something very fundamental?
- I'm speaking in terms of outer service to people who are not in your mission. Other than preaching the truth of Krsna, is there any other outer service to humanity?
- If all living entities were delivered by the Krsna consciousness movement, what would happen then? The universe would be devoid of living entities
- If Christ comes back, what will be the position of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His Krsna consciousness movement?
- If I come in contact with Krsna movement now, will that in my next life get me a human body?
- If our first concern should be to serve God, or Krsna, then why should there be a movement
- If people say, "What is this Hare Krsna movement doing?"
- If the space program, either the Russian or the American program, which have plans to try to land on the moon and return safely, if this is successful, do you think this accomplishment would hurt the Krsna movement in the United States?
- If you begin dressing things up, they change. And the size of the movement now? Is it a growing movement, Krsna consciousness?
- In America, does the government support the movement ?
- In ISKCON, are there these four divisions?
- In order for a candidate (Presidential candidate) to be God conscious, would he have to be part of the Hare Krsna movement?
- In this movement, how can you or what can you expect, or what would you like to give as an enlightenment for ordinary people?
- In what way can he support, or cooperate with your movement? In what way can he offer optimal benefit to your movement?
- In which country of Europe has the Hare Krsna movement been the most powerful or successful?
- Introduced starting with ISKCON community (varnasrama-dharma should be introduced all over the world)?
- Is (this movement) growing all the time?
- Is everything done in our movement for preaching? Everything that is done in our movement is done for preaching?
- Is it a serious movement? If the Beatles are telling the truth, Hare Krsna is a little bit of a bluff
- Is Krsna cons..., the Krsna movement, is it still growing?
- Is that what you're trying to do in your movement?
- Is the only way to know Krsna through the Krsna consciousness movement?
- Is there a Hare Krsna Movement in India?
- Is there a movement to get this philosophy or science propagated in the colleges?
- Is there any difference between...(Ramakrishna Society and ISKCON)?
- Is there any fixed amount of time that one has to be in the Society for brahmana initiation?
- Is there any fixed amount of time that one has to be in the Society to get first, hari-nama, initiated?
- Is there any place in the movement for the drug addicts, a new class which has come...
- Is there are social act which this Hare Krsna movement has taken?
- Is there room in the movement for other persons who are indirectly serving Krsna rather than chanting Hare Krsna all day?
- It is possible to attain that affection of love for God... without taking part in this Krsna consciousness movement?
- Many people are wondering why we are making so much propaganda for our Krsna consciousness movement. Because usually India doesn't make propaganda for philosophy
- Monsieur le President would like to know, if this movement gets bigger and bigger, won't it create problems in terms of working, the economy? Won't the economy suffer if our movement gets bigger and bigger?
- My question is, what is it that made you bring your movement into a culture and a religious ethos which is hostile to begin with, with most of your major assumptions?
- My question is, what is the, why is that this particular movement is not emphasizing so-called meditation?
- Prabhupada, before this movement came here we were so caught up in sinful activities. How is it that we were so fortunate to be benedicted with this great Hare Krsna movement?
- Prabhupada, do you think that the ISKCON will, this Krsna consciousness will become a major religion in any country?
- Prabhupada, in our movement there are so many sannyasis. If we see the sannyasi, same, so many times in one day, we should bow down every time we see him?
- Prabhupada, in the movement there is sometimes difficulty, and...?
- Prabhupada, when we talk like this ( if you combine together on Krsna consciousness, there is no scarcity of food anywhere), is this to perhaps mean sometime in the future the movement will become so big that...?
- So as the Krsna consciousness movement increases its influence, then American culture will gradually change?
- So by joining this movement we come to the platform where we can take birth in India in a nice brahmana family?
- So in ISKCON, if someone falls down, it means that he should commit suicide?
- So in relation to your movement, where does Marxism stand?
- So there is no possibility of me being Krsna conscious outside your movement?
- So when the Krsna consciousness movement becomes so powerful that it is in charge of the government, is it because of a small group of people or because of a mass?
- Some members the Parliament says, the movement is in some anti-Indian activities. What do you...?
- Someone has said that (if they grow like this, in ten years the Hare Krishna will take the government)?
- Srila Prabhupada, how can we understand why the Krsna consciousness movement seems to attract so many young boys and young girls in the Western world?
- Srila Prabhupada, should we be thinking in our minds that one day the Krsna consciousness movement will have to manage the cities and the nations of the world?
- Srila Prabhupada, they want to know what will be the political effect of the Hare Krsna movement?
- Srila Prabhupada, what effects are the Krsna consciousness movement having on the Christian-Judaic culture or the traditional religious culture?
- Srila Prabhupada, when I first came to this, to your movement, the first thing I was told is that Lord Caitanya's movement in this age will, like a moon, rise for ten thousand years. I was told that number, ten thousand years. Is that true?
- Srila Prabhupada, will the Krsna consciousness movement will take over the world eventually?
- Swamiji, would you say something about the place of women in your movement?
- That man yesterday wanted to know if we collaborated with other groups?
- The future of the Krsna consciousness movement. Should I see what it says under that?
- The government of India has not in any way helped this movement, has it?
- The Hare Krsna movement has started in the United States. Why did it start in the United States, rather than India?
- The Krsna consciousness movement has been what some people would consider sexist or racist because certain propensities for women and for blacks have been defined. And I wondered if you would comment on that
- The purpose of having the Society is to show the devotees how they can always be twenty-four hours engaged according to your instruction?
- The spiritual organizations in India, all the spiritual teachings in India, have always put great emphasis on the fact that we are spiritual beings. So what was the necessity of creating another movement to say the same things?
- There is one question which many people have asked. You don't have to answer them but sometimes they say, "Why is it that Hare Krsna movement is so popular in this country, has so many centers, and not that many centers in India where Lord Krsna...?"
- There is place for women in the religion too isn't?
- These few questions only, the answers, that these are from you and these are there, then it will be a point of jump in the movement. It will be a big jump in the movement. And what can we do...?
- They are getting everyone in America to ask the question, "What is Hare Krsna?" Because of all their false propaganda, everyone is asking, "What is Hare Krsna? What is Hare Krsna?"
- This man wants to know something about the Hare Krsna movement in Europe
- This movement started all over the world now. How many countries for instance?
- To get back more to the origins of the movement, why do you follow the teachings of Caitanya rather than say Vallabha or Ramanuja or Ramananda?
- To what extent the Society has succeeded in India for propagating Krsna consciousness?
- Total membership for around the world?
- Well, is the Krsna movement the driver or the car (first of all, understand the analogy. The car and the driver is always separated. The driver is not car, neither the car is the driver)?
- Well, since this dichotomy appears to be the case, I mean that there is, that the movement is sort of cut off from the world in general, does that not deprive the world of the service, of the usefulness of these people?
- Well, what is it that they particularly understand, misunderstand about the movement?
- What about England? London. How is your movement doing?
- What do you see as the future of your movement?
- What if I start my own community outside the movement?
- What is it in your movement which has appealed to the Western world? I believe you have a sizable following in...
- What is it that they particularly misunderstand about the movement?
- What is the business of Krsna consciousness society?
- What is the goal of this movement for the future? Is there any program set for the future?
- What is the place of Srimad-Bhagavatam here, in this movement?
- What is the position of the women in Krishna Consciousness Movement?
- What is the purpose of the movement, your Grace?
- What is your opinion of what this movement should be doing in terms of world activities and world affairs that it isn't doing now? Are there some new areas that you may try to influence?
- What the Krsna movement is about and its origins, its following. This sort of thing?
- What was the necessity of creating this Krsna consciousness movement?
- When did you begin, Your Excellency?... The Krsna movement, in the Krsna movement.
- Who was the original founder, Your Excellency? The original founder of the group?... This group, your group, Krsna movement.
- Why does the Hare Krsna movement not engage in social protest?
- Why is that, do you think (could you tell me why you think the Western world has espoused your sort of movement now, has been keen on looking to the East for spiritual...)?
- Will this movement take over the world, Prabhupada?
- Yes, I've seen this morning's. Fairly similar, just to talk about the movement. Are you happy with the way it's going here?
- You and your movement tend to separate people from concern with what's going on in the world, like that's a Presidential election and Jimmy Carter is the democratic candidate... Isn't that an example of it?
- You came here not too many years ago. Did you ever expect that it would grow into what it has over the years?
- You don't try to convert people from other religions?
- You founded the Krsna consciousness movement. How long ago was that?
- You founded this movement I think it was ten years ago, that's correct. Why was it that you left till you were so late in life before you founded it?
- You started this ten years ago. But why is it that when you were recognized..., you were recognized by others and not in this country?
- You've, said that our society ISKCON is like a sample of the spiritual world?
- Your Divine Grace, is there a Hare Krsna Movement in India?
- Your Divine Grace, what prompted you to start the Krsna movement?
- Your movement is spreading largely. Do you think that it will be welcome in the Communist countries?