Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Devotional Singing, Dancing, Drama
Pages in category "Questions On... Devotional Singing, Dancing, Drama"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- Also they bump one another with the drum or with each other's bodies, they dance and they bump like this. That is not bona fide is it? It is very popular in our movement now
- And that they should not bump each other or dance with each other personally, distracting the attention from the Deity? Shouldn't all the dancing be focused toward the Deity?
- Anything else in the second scene, fourth act (of a play about Lord Caitanya)?
- Are there many songs in there?
- Can the Bhagavad-gita be sung?
- Can't people be spiritual without dressing in this fashion and dancing in the street?
- Costumes were good (play was very nice)?
- Could you give me a brief rundown on their...? Are they devotee, they're devotees... (Srinivasa and Haridasa. Haridasa character is there?)
- Could you tell us about something about Lord Caitanya's production of Vaisnava drama? Are there any of the plays that you know are still extant?
- I also wanted to ask a question, Srila Prabhupada, on dancing in the temple room during arati, especially mangala-arati. Is it not that the devotees should not turn their back while dancing to the Deity?
- I mean the Kazi, he can be in the kirtana?
- I was asked one day a question, "Why these Hare Krsna people dance in the streets?"
- I would like to know if it is all right to play the Battle of Kuruksetra?
- If music is important to us?
- If we were in plays and we are playing such great personalities, how should we be thinking?
- If you can just tell me what you, the best way to have a nice scene of Jagai and Madhai?
- Is there any other information about Haridasa (and after burial there was distribution of prasadam and kirtana. Haridasa Ṭhakura. So here you have to show some talks with Haridasa, how feelingly)?
- Is there anyone there? Any of these characters there? I'm trying to introduce these characters (Srinivasa and Haridasa)
- It's all right that the women are dancing (I told him that you make some play for showing here in Vrndavana)?
- Now in the second scene He visits another temple. And is there going to be another narration about how the temple was founded? I don't think that's... I don't know. (laughs) Do you think that will be all right?
- Now is that all of the fourth scene (of a Lord Caitanya play)? Anything else in the fourth scene?
- Now the second scene here, this is when Caitanya on the seashore, this is when He would walk around saying, "Where is Krsna?" Is that right?
- Now the second scene. Is that the end of the first (scene of Lord Caitanya's play)?
- Now this third scene, meets Sanatana Gosvami, that's in Benares. And Sanatana is how old?
- Now we have the fourth scene. Does Advaita speak to anyone in the fourth scene or is that...?
- Should there be kirtana, Srila Prabhupada? You like kirtana?
- Should we chant it now? ... All the Brahma-samhita? Or those two in particular?
- So normally we don't use mic at all, but sometimes the devotees don't know how to sing very sweetly. Whether we should use a small microphone for his voice?
- So shall we perform some kirtana, Srila Prabhupada? Hamsaduta Swami is here
- So Srila Prabhupada, there's chanting party ready to do sankirtana. So may they come in?
- Some kirtana, Srila Prabhupada?
- Srila Prabhupada, sometimes during arati, many bona fide bhajanas are sung, but not much Hare Krsna. Is that not a good tendency, that maybe just two or three minutes of Hare Krsna mantra and many other bhajanas?
- Srila Prabhupada, would you like a little soft kirtana?
- Srila Prabhupada, would you like us to have kirtana?
- Srila Prabhupada? Do you want to have kirtana?
- Srila Prabhupada? This kirtana that's in the temple, can you hear it?
- Srila Prabhupada? Today we did kirtana starting in the afternoon till the evening. So do you want more than that?
- Srila Prabhupada? We have this twenty-four kirtana. I've requested everyone who comes to do at least one hour per day
- Srila Prabhupada? Would you like soft kirtana now, or quiet?
- That's the third scene, the rasa dance. So Radharani appears in that?
- The fifth scene is renunciation of household life... This is at age...? This is considerably later then. This is about ten years later
- The question is whether should it be played in the temple or not (western style songs recorded by devotees)?
- Then why do you say that it's all right and all that? I mean is it a compromise or what?... I mean the fact that we are doing songwriting and all that. It's a waste of time, isn't it? Without Krsna
- There's a scene about Lord Caitanya embracing the leper Vasudeva. Is that a nice scene to perform?
- To learn how to sing them nicely. To learn how to sing them (Each verse is a song. I wanted our students should do that)?
- We chant, "Gaura Nityananda bol, haribol, haribol..."... "Gaura sri advaita..." Is it recommended by you? That is in our parampara? And what about "jaya jagannatha, jaya jagannatha"?
- Well, if it (Lord Caitanya inquiring from Ramananda Raya) has to be rendered in the scene it's important. You want me to render the discussion?
- Well, is that (Lord Caitanya inquiring from Ramananda Raya) important? That's the scene about the meeting
- What is the idea behind this shenai-playing early in the morning?
- What is this second scene? This is another temple
- What is your desire for that (is Prajapati going to do any play?), Prabhupada?
- What way should we dance, Srila Prabhupada? With our hands outstretched? Sometimes the devotees like to jump around. Is that all right?
- What's the location again (in the sixth scene of a play on Lord Caitanya)?
- When we sing bhaja sri-krsna-caitanya, we're saying "worship Sri Krsna Caitanya"—we say bhaja, so... And the motive for worshiping Him is for direction in devotional service?
- Whether it's a secret mantra or an open mantra, it's all the name of God. So it doesn't really make much difference, does it, which one you sing?
- While we are chanting our rounds, or while we are chanting out loud in kirtana, is it all right to be engaging our mind in thinking?
- Who has written this (Hari hari bifale)?
- Who wrote the other Lord Caitanya? That other play?
- Why do we say chant, but not sing?
- With talking on it (Hare Krsna record), vocal?
- Would you discuss your dancing with me please and explain something of it?
- Would you like a little kirtana, Srila Prabhupada?
- Would you like some more kirtana, Srila Prabhupada? Lokanatha can lead. Lokanatha, you lead
- Would you like to hear Hari Haraye Namah? Should he play with harmonium? Okay. And we'll all accompany?
- Would you like to hear some special kirtana?
- You have asked about singing the prayers of Narottama Thakura...
- You have asked for some song translations...
- You want kirtana, Srila Prabhupada?
- You want kirtana?
- You were asked whether this record (the new G.A.P. record: "A Change of Heart") could be played in the temples and you replied: "Why not in the temples" Hari Sauri thought you said, "not in the temples"?
- You would like to hear something (Krsna-kanti and Mangalananda asked you if they could do this contemporary style music with Krsna lyrics. So this is the very first copy)?
- Your question is whether you can utilize your inclination to play the guitar and write songs about Krishna in devotional manner of activity