Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
singing | sing | sings | sang
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Krsna's Singing (11 P)
- ► Radharani's Singing (3 P)
- ► Voice (5 C, 112 P)
Pages in category "Singing"
The following 227 pages are in this category, out of 227 total.
- A person engaged in devotional service becomes heartsick when singing the glories of the Supreme Lord. Because the Lord is very dear to him, when he glorifies the Lord's name, fame and so on, he becomes almost like an insane man
- A woman, therefore, should consider her husband, her house and her children to be the arrangement of the external energy of the Lord for her death, just as the sweet singing of the hunter is death for the deer
- A wooden doll chants and dances according to the direction of a magician but does not know how he is dancing and singing
- Accompanied by the stringed instrument (Narada Muni's vina), the singing seems like a shower of nectar, and all the devotees dance in ecstasy to the fullest extent of their satisfaction
- Advaita Acarya led the sankirtana party, and with great pleasure He sang this verse. There was a manifestation of ecstatic perspiration, shivering, raised hairs, tears in the eyes and sometimes thundering and bellowing
- After abandoning the dancing, the Lord ordered Svarupa Damodara to sing. Understanding His mind, Svarupa Damodara began to sing as follows
- After extinguishing the devastating fire, Krsna, surrounded by His relatives, friends, cows, calves and bulls and glorified by His friends' singing, again entered Vrndavana, which is always full of cows
- After much singing, all four sankirtana parties grew fatigued, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love increased twofold
- After saying this, he danced and sang to his heart's content, but the brahmana did not become angry, for he was then serving Lord Krsna
- After saying this, the messenger began to chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna. He also began to laugh and cry, dance and sing exactly like a madman
- All (beautiful men and women) were singing auspicious songs. The wife of the brahmana (Sudama) was very glad on hearing the tidings of her husband’s arrival, and with great haste she came out of the palace
- All over Vrndavana there were nice gardens filled with flowers and the sounds of humming bees and singing birds. The lakes were filled with lotus flowers and with ducks and swans
- All the birds within the forests began to sing with sweet voices, and the peacocks began to dance along with their consorts. The wind blew very pleasantly, carrying the aroma of different flowers, and the sensation of bodily touch was very pleasing
- All the devotees sang this popular song along with the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. "Haraye namah, krsna yadavaya namah-gopala govinda rama sri-madhusudana"
- All the srutis, or personified Vedas, offered glories to the Lord again and again, singing, "Jaya! Jaya!" This indicates that the Lord is the most glorious
- All these symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love) are divided into two divisions - sita and ksepana. Singing, yawning and so on are called sita. Dancing and bodily contortions are called ksepana
- And His lotus feet are the refuge of pure devotees who never talk or sing of any subject except His Lordship
- Another party was formed by the people of Khanda. These people were singing in a different place. In that group, Narahari Prabhu and Raghunandana were dancing
- Anubhava can be divided into thirteen categories: dancing, rolling on the ground, singing, yelling, jumping, making loud noises, yawning, heavy breathing, not caring for public opinion, discharging saliva, roaring laughter, unsteadiness and hiccuping
- Ar na koriho mane asa. You rascal, you do not desire anything else. Are you not singing daily? But do you understand the meaning? Or you are singing only? What is the meaning? Who will explain? Nobody knows? Yes, what is the meaning?
- As far as the seven transcendental meters for singing the names of the Lord, that is not so important for now. Better to try to increase the purity of the chanting first, that is our most important thing
- As taught by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, a woman's singing is dangerous because it can make a sannyasi fall a victim to the woman
- As the circumambulation was performed, the four kirtana parties sang in front and in the rear. When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell down to the ground, Sri Nityananda Raya Prabhu lifted Him up
- As Vasudeva Datta sang a different song beneath each and every tree, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced there alone in great ecstasy
- At the present moment, cinema artists, especially female singers, are especially welcome. Some of them earn fabulous amounts of money simply by singing
- Beautifying these waters are the lotus flowers of singing, dancing and loud chanting of Krsna's holy name, which are the pleasure abodes of unalloyed devotees
- Because of the pastimes in the water, there was great jubilation on the shore, with music, singing, chanting and dancing creating a tumultuous sound
- Being very pleased, the celestial dancing girls (Apsaras) danced in jubilation, the best of the Gandharvas sang songs, and the great sages, demigods, Manus, Pitas and fire - gods offered prayers to satisfy the Lord
- Bhagavan Shri Krishna Chaitanya foretold, "The singing of My name is sure to be spread in every village and in every town throughout the world"
- Bhaktivinode Thakura sung, praying to the Lord, that he would prefer to take His birth as an ant in the house of a devotee than to take birth as powerful as Brahma without any devotional service
- Bumblebees and birds like the parrot and cuckoo all began to sing loudly on the fifth note, and the peacocks began to dance in front of the Lord
- Demigods in the form of raining clouds sounded musical instruments in the sky. The celestial musicians, the Gandharvas, sang the glories of the Lord, while celestial dancing girls known as Apsaras danced in joyful ecstasy
- Due to aroma of the parijata flower, the honeybees would begin their humming vibration, & the birds also would begin their sweet chirping sounds. All together it would sound like the singing of professional chanters engaged in offering prayers to Krsna
- Early in the morning, the gopis used to go to the bank of the Yamuna to take a bath. They would assemble together and, holding one another's hands, loudly sing of the wonderful pastimes of Krsna
- Every morning and evening I heard them while they were singing and chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, and thus my heart gradually became purified
- Every tree (in the land surrounding Bindu-sarovara) bore fruits and flowers, and every bird sang the glories of the Lord - Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- Everyone in the fourteen worlds meditates upon Him, and all the denizens of Vaikuntha sing of His qualities and pastimes
- Everyone wants to eat, sing and dance, Through this formula - dancing, singing and eating Krsna prasada and hearing philosophical discussion, transcendental topics from Bhagavad-gita - so don't you think it is very happy?
- Examples of anubhava as follows: dancing, rolling on the ground, singing very loudly, stretching the body, crying loudly, yawning, breathing very heavily, neglecting the presence of others, drooling, laughing like a madman, wheeling the head and belching
- Expert dramatists, artists, dancers, singers, historians, genealogists and learned speakers all gave their respective contributions, being inspired by the superhuman pastimes of the Lord. Thus they proceeded on and on
- Gandharvas and their wives, whose voices were very sweet, began to sing many auspicious songs. Vasudeva anointed his eyes with black cosmetic, smeared butter over his body
- Generally, those who are exalted personalities lie down when they feel intoxicated, whereas those who are mediocre laugh and sing during intoxication, and those who are lowly use vulgar language and sometimes cry
- He (Raktaka) wears yellow clothing, and his bodily color is just like newly-grown grass. He is very expert in singing and is always engaged in the service of the son of Maharaj Nanda
- He also passed His time reading the books and singing the songs of Candidasa and Vidyapati, and listening to quotations from the Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka, Krsna-karnamrta and Gita-govinda
- Hearing and chanting are essential processes for sankirtana. So if someone is hearing us singing on the street, or if he is purchasing one book and if he reads sincerely, these two activities are the same
- Hearing the song from a distance, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately became ecstatic. He did not know whether it was a man or a woman singing
- Here in Los Angeles I have so many tapes of my singing prayers, chanting new tunes of Hare Krishna, playing mrdanga, and purports to prayers
- His (Lord Krsna) transcendental acts are magnificent and gracious, and great learned sages like Narada sing of them
- However, you can sing the first two lines, (Raghu Pati Raghava Raja Ram, Patita Pavana Sita Ram)
- I want to organize a women kirtana party singing the Gita Gan. Can you help me?
- If one drinks but a drop of the nectar of Krsna's pastimes, his body and mind begin to bloom, and he begins to laugh, sing and dance
- If we do not come to the stage of sattva-guna in this human life, then, as Narottama dasa Thakura sings, hari hari viphale janama gonainu - there is no profit in gaining this human form of life
- In India we have got experience how in the morning the cowboy takes some food from the mother and with the cows he goes to the field. The cows are let loose on the grazing ground. They are enjoying, and this cowboy is sometimes singing
- In Sanskrit a woman's voice is called nari-svara because women generally sing and their singing is very attractive
- In the attitude of anubhava, one dances and sometimes falls down, sometimes sings loudly, shows convulsions, yawns and sometimes breathes very heavily - all without concern for circumstances
- In this atmosphere, the Lord had His associates sing the verse from the Gita-govinda beginning with the words "lalita-lavanga-lata" as He danced and wandered about with them
- In your city there is always congregational chanting of the holy name. A tumultuous uproar of music, singing and dancing is always going on
- Intoxicated by ecstatic love for Lord Krsna, he becomes overwhelmed and incessantly dances without clothing and sings about Lord Krsna's qualities and pastimes
- It is a great pleasure for me that Dr. S.R. Chakravarti has sung some important verses from Srimad-Bhagavatam, now made into a record album
- It is described herein that the lakes were decorated with lotus flowers and with swans who played and sang with the birds and the humming bees
- It is my desire that you open a center in each and every one of these places, and that will help to fulfill the prophecy of Lord Caitanya that His Holy Name will be sung in every city and town all over the globe
- It is not ordinary singing, it is concert, many people are singing, so it is not bad. Just like Sankirtana, many voices are there, men and women, so it is the same thing, sankirtana. I approve of it
- It is our desire that we shall always be engaged fully 24 hours in the service of Lord Krishna; in this way our lives will become perfectly joyful simply by singing and dancing and taking Prasadam
- It is the practice of Vaisnavas while taking prasadam to chant the holy name of Lord Hari at intervals and also sing various songs, such as sarira avidya-jala
- Laksmana said, "While the music played, expert male and female dancers began to dance, and singers began to sing sweetly"
- Let the snakebird - or whatever magical thing the brahmana created - bite me at once. I only desire that you all continue singing the deeds of Lord Visnu
- Lord Caitanya's movement of Krsna consciousness is full of dancing and singing about the pastimes of Lord Krsna. It is compared herein to the pure waters of the Ganges, which are full of lotus flowers
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, along with his noble brothers, were examples for others in receiving a pure devotee of the Lord like Narada, who had no other business save and except singing the glories of the Lord along with his vina, a musical stringed instrument
- Mahat-seva means if you, by chance, you get in contact of a great personality, great soul who knows Krsna science, you just try to please him. Therefore we, every day in the morning, we sing yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah
- Maybe such Sankirtana solo singing; I can give so many. I can give so many verses, just like Cintamani Prakara Sadmasu, and explain them in English, so we can produce not only pictures, but also records
- My dear friend, this forest of Vrndavana is giving great pleasure to our senses in various ways. Somewhere bumblebees are singing in groups, and in some places mild breezes are cooling the entire atmosphere
- Narada Muni, the son of Lord Brahma, always glorifies Anantadeva in his father's assembly. There he sings blissful verses of his own composition, accompanied by his stringed instrument (or a celestial singer) known as Tumburu
- Narottama dasa Thakura sings, hari hari viphale janama gonainu, indicating that unless one worships Radha-Krsna, one's human form of life is wasted
- No one could see him, but they could hear him singing in a sweet voice. Therefore all the devotees, headed by Govinda, made this guess
- No one could understand who was coming and who was going, who was dancing and who was singing. Nor could they understand one another's language
- No one should write songs of Krishna unless he is self-realized soul, that will spoil the value of the whole thing. But try to use your writing and singing talent for Krishna's preaching work, by writing articles, singing the kirtana, like that
- No one will disagree to partake in a function where good singing, dancing and refreshment are administered. Everyone will attend such a function, and everyone is sure to feel individually the transcendental presence of the Lord
- O Candramukha! Please give me ten thousand Gandharvas. Let them sing as I dance, and then I will be greatly happy
- On Kailasa Hill there is always the rhythmical sound of the peacocks' sweet vibrations and the bees' humming. Cuckoos are always singing, and other birds whisper amongst themselves
- One day Jagadananda, Svarupa, Govinda, Kasisvara, Sankara, Damodara and Mukunda all went to bathe in the sea. They could hear Haridasa singing from a distant place as if calling them in his original voice
- One day when the Lord was going to the temple of Yamesvara, a female singer began to sing in the Jagannatha temple
- One gopi said, "Wives of the demigods who are seated in the planes then become very much ashamed of their singing and musical qualifications. Not only that, but they become afflicted with conjugal love, & their hair & tight clothes immediately loosen"
- Our playing of mrdanga, whatever I play, I sing, I never studied under some expert teacher
- Overwhelmed by the transcendental bliss of dancing and surrounded by Vaisnavas who sang the holy names, He manifested waves of ecstatic love of Godhead. When will Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again be visible to my vision
- Raising their necks, dogs cried here and there, now in the manner of singing and now of wailing
- Ramananda Raya recited verses from Srimad-Bhagavatam, and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami sang of Krsna's pastimes. In this way, they brought Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to external consciousness
- Regarding Syama's kirtana; it is also nice. But it does not behoove that I shall sing with her. Let us see how much she is advanced in Krishna Consciousness. And then we shall think of full cooperation
- Regarding your request to sing prayers in English, this is nice suggestion, and you may do it. So far as the songs that you have written, you may send me a copy of them and I shall see them
- Rendering personal service to the Deities. 13) Singing. 14) Sankirtana. 15) Chanting. 16) Offering prayers. 17) Reciting notable prayers. 18) Tasting maha-prasadam (food from the very plate offered before the Deities
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Actually, we, as personified Vedic knowledge, are always engaged in Your service by helping the conditioned souls understand You (Visnu)'"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'All glories unto You! All glories unto You (Visnu)! By Your own transcendental nature You fully possess all six opulences. As such, You are able to deliver all conditioned souls from the clutches of maya'"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Due to their (the living entities) own faults they imitate You (Visnu) by trying to become the supreme enjoyer. Thus they disobey Your supremacy and become offenders'"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'O Lord, we fervently pray that You kindly do so. All the living entities, being Your parts and parcels, are naturally joyful, eternal and full of knowledge'"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Since all engagements are based on knowledge supplied by You (Visnu), the conditioned souls can execute pious activities only when You mercifully inspire them to do so'"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'The conditioned souls are struggling very hard to escape from material bondage, and according to their different conditions of life they have been given different types of engagement'"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'This cosmic manifestation, made of the three material qualities, is just like a prison house for the conditioned souls'"
- Sanandana said, "The Vedic reciters, or the personified Vedas, sing thus, 'O unconquerable Lord, You are the Supreme Personality. No one is equal to You or greater than You. No one can be more glorious in his activities'"
- Sanandana said, "When the king is asleep in the morning, the appointed reciters come around his bedroom and begin to sing of his chivalrous activities, and while hearing of his glorious activities, the king gradually awakens"
- Sanandana say, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Because of their offenses, Your material energy has taken charge of them. Thus their transcendental qualities of joyfulness, bliss and wisdom have been covered by the clouds of the three material qualities'"
- Saying this, Advaita Prabhu dances and loudly sings. Then at the next moment He quietly sits down
- Saying this, Ramananda Raya began to sing a song he had composed, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of the ecstasy of love of Godhead, immediately covered Ramananda's mouth with His own hand
- She (a female singer in the Jagannatha temple) sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- She sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- Similarly, after seeing Lord Jagannatha, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu awoke with the ecstasy of the gopis. Being absorbed in this ecstasy, He asked Svarupa Damodara to sing the refrain
- So far as singing of the Christian hymns, if others sing this we have no objection, it is very nice, but in these hymns they have no definite idea of what is God
- So far the singing of the prayers to the Spiritual Master is concerned, there is no limitation on how many times it is sung. But it should be done three times daily, and morning it is required
- Some of them played horns and flutes, and others danced and sang. Some of them offered betel nuts, and others waved camara fans about Him
- Some of these symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love) are dancing, falling down and rolling on the ground, singing and crying very loudly, bodily contortions, loud vibrations and yawning
- Some singers were reciting great verses from the Upanisads and Puranas, some were glorifying the family ancestors, and some were singing very sweet songs
- Sometimes Krsna would take a palm fan and fan the body of Balarama, causing a pleasing breeze to relieve Him of His fatigue. Other boys would sometimes dance or sing while Balarama took rest, and sometimes they would wrestle amongst themselves or jump
- Sometimes they dance, sometimes they sing, sometimes they are actually engaged in the service of the Lord, and sometimes they sit down silently as if absorbed in trance
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu always liked the loud chanting of Svarupa Damodara. Therefore when Svarupa Damodara sang, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced and jumped high in jubilation
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed everyone that sannyasis and Vaisnavas should not hear women singing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is ananda-cinmaya vigraha, combination of hladini sakti, Srimati Radharani, and Krsna together. Therefore the Vaisnava sings, sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya. Radha-krsna nahe anya
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remembered a line in the Orissan language and ordered Svarupa Damodara to sing it
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to lament by saying, "Where is the rasa dance? Where is that dancing, singing, and laughing? Where is My Lord, Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running very rapidly, and the girl was only a short distance away. Just then Govinda caught the Lord in his arms and cried, "It is a woman singing"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabu said, "Go, friends, go through the streets of the town, meet every man at his door and ask him to sing the name of Hari with a holy life, and then come and report to Me every evening the result of your preaching"
- Sri Madhava Ghosa was a principal performer of kirtana. While he sang, Nityananda Prabhu danced
- Sri Vijaya dasa, the twenty-seventh branch, another of the Lord's chief singers, gave the Lord many books written by hand
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung in his prema-bhakti-candrika, 'krodha' bhakta-dvesi jane: anger should be used to punish a demon who is envious of devotees
- Srila Rupa Goswami, assisted by all other Goswamis have left immense literature for singing about the glories of Govinda. Whatever literature we are presenting, following the footsteps of Rupa Goswami and the others, they are also Govinda Ganamrta
- Srimati Radharani continued, "You foolish bumblebee, you are trying to satisfy Me and get a reward by singing the glories of Krsna, but it is a useless attempt. We gopis are bereft of all our possessions. We are away from our homes and families"
- Suddenly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to external consciousness and said to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "My dear Svarupa, please sing some sweet songs"
- Surrounding him were the Vidyadharas, Apsaras, Kinnaras, Patagas (birds) and Uragas (snakes). All of them were offering Indra their respects and services, and the Apsaras and Gandharvas were dancing and singing with very sweet musical instruments
- Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya then devised various means to pacify the Lord. They sang songs of meeting that transformed His heart and made His mind peaceful
- Svarupa Damodara used to sing exactly according to the ecstatic emotion of the Lord. Whenever a particular mellow was being tasted by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Svarupa Damodara would personify it by singing
- Taking advantage of this, they (the two sons of Kuvera) used to drink a kind of liquor called Varuni. Accompanied by women singing after them, they would wander in that garden of flowers, their eyes always rolling in intoxication
- That songs writing we cannot regard very seriously. That will spoil the whole thing. But you can utilize your propensity to write poems and articles for BTG, for singing in the kirtana, like that
- The (cowherd) boys were singing, imitating the humming sound of the drones and accompanying Krsna and Balarama, who were garlanded with forest flowers
- The ass sings poetry and philosophy sometimes, but this braying sound only disturbs others. This is the position of the foolish fruitive worker who does not know for whom he should work
- The attraction of such gardens was that singing birds would sit on the trees, and their chanting voices, as well as the humming sound of the bees, made the whole atmosphere as pleasing as possible
- The celestial species of human beings, like the Gandharvas and Vidyadharas, can sing wonderfully and can entice even the minds of the heavenly demigods. Their musical rhythm represents the musical sense of the Lord
- The city (Indrapuri) was filled with the sounds of mrdangas, conchshells, kettledrums, flutes and well-tuned stringed instruments all playing in concert. There was constant dancing and the Gandharvas sang
- The cowherd boys walked into the midst of newly grown leaves of trees whose flowers resembled peacock feathers. They were garlanded by those flowers and decorated with saffron chalk. They were dancing and singing and sometimes wrestling with one another
- The creation of the demigods is of eight varieties: (7) the Bhutas, Pretas and Pisacas, and (8) the superhuman beings, celestial singers, etc. All are created by Brahma, the creator of the universe
- The cuckoos there sing nicely in five kinds of tunes. Krsna, the reservoir of pleasure, blowing His flute, accompanied by His elder brother Balarama and the other cowherd boys and the cows, entered the beautiful forest of Vrndavana to enjoy the atmosphere
- The demigods, the forefathers, the asuras, or demons, the Gandharvas and Apsaras, or angels, the Yaksas and Raksasas, the Siddhas, Caranas and Vidyadharas, the Bhutas, Pretas and Pisacas, and the superhuman beings, celestial singers, etc
- The denizens of the Gandharva and Kinnara planets began to sing, and the denizens of Siddhaloka and the planets of the Caranas began to offer prayers in the service of the Personality of Godhead
- The denizens of the upper planets showered flowers, beat drums, played different types of flutes and sang various prayers and songs. In this way, all the denizens of heaven, such as the Gandharvas, Siddhas and demigods, became very much pleased
- The earrings of the gopis, their cheeks, their hair with flowers - as they sang and danced these combined to appear like clouds, thunder, snow and lightning. Krsna's bodily features appeared just like a group of clouds
- The essence of everything is the Supreme Lord: He is called the saram. And those who sing and talk about Him are called the sarangas, or the pure devotees
- The five who responded to the singing of Svarupa Damodara were Damodara Pandita, Narayana, Govinda Datta, Raghava Pandita and Sri Govindananda
- The frogs ... You have got experience during rainy season. They use their tongue very nicely. They sing ka-ka-kan, ka-ka-kan, ka-ka-kan.. (laughter) Yes. But what is the result of singing
- The Gandharvas and Kinnaras began to sing, and, accompanied by their respective wives, all the Gandharvas began to shower flowers on the dancers
- The Gandharvas, the Kimpurusas and the Kinnaras sounded thousands and thousands of kettledrums and trumpets again and again, and they sang in great jubilation, declaring, "How exalted a person is Bali Maharaja, and what a difficult task he has performed!"
- The gardens (of King Indra's city) were visited by pairs of chirping birds and singing bees. The entire atmosphere was celestial
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka prayed: Your Lordship, we ever engage in Your service by dancing and singing in dramatic performances, but this Hiranyakasipu, by the influence of his bodily strength and valor, brought us under his subjugation
- The Kimpurusas and Kinnaras took possession of that shadowy form left by Brahma. That is why they and their spouses sing his praises by recounting his exploits at every daybreak
- The male parrot sang, "The glorification of Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is beneficial to everyone in the universe. His beauty is victorious over the gopis of Vrndavana, and it subdues their patience"
- The necks of the gopis became tinted with red due to their desire to enjoy Krsna more and more. To satisfy them, Krsna began to clap His hands in time with their singing
- The professional singers called sutas and magadhas would sing, and others would perform their dancing art. In this way, as devotees, they would offer respectful prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna)
- The senses of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were identical with the senses of Svarupa. Therefore Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to become fully absorbed in tasting the singing of Svarupa Damodara
- The servants of Krsna were sometimes engaged in collecting flowers, decorating His body with valuable ornaments and trinkets, dancing before Him, singing, helping Him herd the cows
- The seven singing meters, namely sa (sadja), r (rsabha), ga (gandhara), ma (madhyama), pa (pancama), dha (dhaivata) and ni (nisada), are also transcendental and specifically meant for transcendental songs
- The standard practices for initiated devotees: Should not waste time in idle talks. Should not become engaged in frivolous sports. Should always chant and sing the Lord's Holy Names
- The subordinate ecstasies are smiling, dancing and singing, as well as different manifestations in the body. The natural ecstasies, such as being stunned, are considered among the subordinate ecstasies (anubhava)
- The tinkling of Krsna’s ankle bells surpasses the songs of even the swan and crane, and the sound of His bangles puts the singing of the cataka bird to shame
- The tune in which I sing with my disciples, that may be made copyrighted. I have no objection to sign this agreement, but don't be misled that the chanting of Hare Krishna or Lord Caitanya's Movement can be made copyrighted
- The young queens of Krsna were always dressed with excellent ornaments and garments and were always engaged in sportive activities like dancing, singing or playing ball on the roofs of the palaces
- Then devotees like Svarupa Damodara and other kirtana performers began to sing along with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Being inundated with ecstatic love, they lost all consideration of time and circumstance
- There (at Raivataka Mountain) he (Dvivida) saw Lord Balarama in the midst of many beautiful young girls, enjoying their company while singing and dancing
- There are two dancing girls who are extremely beautiful. They are very youthful, and they are expert in dancing and singing
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- There is tendency for dancing, for chanting, for singing. They are holding ball dances, and musical instrument. The same thing we are propagating: chant and dance Hare Krsna mantra. This is satisfaction
- There was another party (for the Ratha-yatra) that came from Santipura and was formed by Advaita Acarya. Acyutananda was the dancer, and the rest of the men were singers
- There was constant dancing (in the city of Indra) and the Gandharvas sang. The combined beauty of Indrapuri defeated beauty personified
- These devotees (Svarupa Damodara and the devotees in his charge) sang along with the Lord, and they also ran beside Him. All the other groups of men also sang
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the favorable and unfavorable accents and meters, how to sing different kinds of rhythms and melodies, and how to follow them by beating different kinds of drums
- They (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) drank much and engaged in hearing the sweet singing of the beautiful women who accompanied them in that garden of fragrant flowers
- They (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) used to drink a kind of liquor called Varuni. Accompanied by women singing after them, they would wander in that garden of flowers, their eyes always rolling in intoxication
- They have got very good opportunity in Tokyo for spreading the Sankirtana Movement, so they are moving from Kyoto to Tokyo city proper, and it is understood that some of the Japanese boys are already singing the Hare Krishna Mantra
- They have nothing to do there except to render transcendental loving service to the Supreme Lord Narayana, who is the predominating Deity of such Vaikuntha planets. Those liberated souls are engaged incessantly in singing songs mentioned in the Sama Veda
- They said, "We cannot see his material form but still we hear his sweet singing. Therefore he must have become a ghost." Svarupa Damodara, however, protested, This is a false guess
- This Narada Muni song is in your country tune & I think it will attract many more men to join the Kirtana so you should practice this standard Kirtana more conveniently so that during your Rathayatra festival you can have this singing with the procession
- Thus I have briefly described Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's dancing in the hall of the Jagannatha temple. The servants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sing about this dancing even now
- Thus they dance, sing and laugh like madmen, and they instruct everyone, "Just be loving servants of Lord Caitanya"
- Thus, I, Krsnadasa, the servant of Srila Rupa Gosvami, have sung of four divisions of the Lord's pastimes in this chapter: the Lord's devotion to His mother, His words of madness, His rubbing His face against the walls at night
- To chant the holy name of Krsna one does not need to speculate on the philosophical aspects of the science of God, for one automatically becomes ecstatic and without consideration immediately chants, dances, laughs, cries and sings just like a madman
- To see a woman's face and appreciate its beauty or to hear a woman's voice and appreciate her singing as very nice is a subtle falldown for a brahmacari or sannyasi
- Tulsi leaves are very important for satisfying Lord Krishna. But tulsi devi is not pleased by the nice tune of singing but by the nice devotion
- We cannot follow an upstart, manufacturing some song, manufacturing some ideas. We cannot follow that. What is authorized song, we shall sing. What is authorized method, we shall follow
- We don't require anyone who is very musically talented. Here in New Vrindaban Hayagriva has organized very nice kirtana party, and they are singing and chanting thrice daily very, very nicely
- We have got so many branches, they want to hear me, my singing, my speech, therefore they record it and send it to different branches
- We may also sing the songs of Narottama dasa Thakura, Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Locana dasa Thakura, but these two songs - "sri-krsna-caitanya" and the Hare Krsna maha-mantra - are sufficient to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When child Krsna was dancing in response to the singing of the old maidservant Jarati, Narada was astonished. The SP of God, who controls all the movements of great demigods like Brahma and others, was now dancing to the indications of an old maidservant
- When Devahuti would enter that lovely garden to take her bath in the pond filled with lotus flowers, the associates of the denizens of heaven, the Gandharvas, would sing about Kardama's glorious household life
- When Madhavendra Puri reached the temple of Gopinatha, he offered his respectful obeisances many times at the lotus feet of the Lord. In the ecstasy of love, he began to dance and sing without cessation
- When Madhavendra Puri was overwhelmed in the ecstasy of love of Godhead, he sometimes stood up and sometimes fell to the ground. Sometimes he laughed, danced and sang. In this way he enjoyed transcendental bliss by seeing the Jagannatha Deity
- When Mukunda saw the ecstasy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he understood the feelings of the Lord and began to sing many stanzas augmenting the force of the Lord's ecstasy
- When the Deity was being installed, nine hundred pots of water were brought from Govinda-kunda. There were musical sounds of bugles and drums and the singing of women
- When the Mayavadis pretend to perform kirtana or hold discourses on the Bhagavatam for personal name and fame, they may sing and talk about Brahman, Caitanya, and Paramatma, but they cannot utter Lord Krsna's name
- When the Queen drank liquor, King Puranjana also engaged in drinking. When the Queen dined, he used to dine with her, and when she chewed, King Puranjana used to chew along with her. When the Queen sang, he also sang
- When there is no possibility of talking philosophy, we should simply chant, nothing more. Don't talk anything. That will help both the singer and the audience
- When this refrain was loudly sung by Svarupa Damodara, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again began rhythmically dancing in transcendental bliss
- Whenever a particular sentiment arose in His heart, Svarupa Damodara satisfied Him by singing songs or reciting verses of the same nature
- Whenever singing is needed in the celestial planets, the Gandharvas are invited to sing. The Gandharvas can sing continuously for days, and therefore Vakresvara Pandita wanted to dance as they sang
- While Krsna danced, some of the cowherd boys sang and others played on flutes; some bugled on buffalo horns or clapped their hands, praising Krsna, "Dear brother, You are dancing very nicely"
- While making sounds by churning, they (the gopis) also sang the glories of Krsna. The two sound vibrations mixed together, ascended to the sky and sanctified the whole atmosphere
- While performing chanting of the holy name of the Lord, he sometimes cries, sometimes talks wildly, sometimes sings, and sometimes - without caring for any outsider - dances like a madman
- While singing the glories of the Lord, the inhabitants of Vaikuntha deride even the presence of the blossoming madhavi flowers, which are fragrant and laden with honey
- While the King (Yudhisthira) was taking the avabhrtha bath, many groups of professional singers sang as vinas, flutes, gongs and cymbals were played, and thus a tumultuous sound vibrated in the sky
- With His thousands of mouths He sings the glories of Lord Krsna, but although He always sings in that way, He does not find an end to the qualities of the Lord
- You are singing every day, guru-mukha-padma-vakya, cittete koriya aikya, ar na koriho mane asa. This is life. This is life. Guru-mukha-pad... You accept the bona fide guru, and what he orders you, carry out. Then your life is successful
- You can sing prayers in Sanskrit, but prayers in English can be also pronounced because the Lord accepts the motive not the pronunciation of the language
- You sing every day morning that by the mercy of the Spiritual master one can please the Lord and one who has not pleased the spiritual master cannot have any access in the realm of Krishna Consciousness