voice | voiced | voices | voicing | voicings
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Faltering Voice (1 C, 37 P)
- ► God's Voice (1 C, 9 P)
- ► Krsna's Voice (2 C, 18 P)
- ► My Voice (Prabhupada) (2 P)
- ► Oral (4 P)
- ► Radharani's Faltering Voice (5 P)
- ► Whispering Voice of God (1 P)
Pages in category "Voice"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- After hearing the ominous voice, Indra, with great attention, began to meditate on how to kill the demon (Namuci). He then saw that foam would be the means, for it is neither moist nor dry
- All the birds within the forests began to sing with sweet voices, & the peacocks began to dance with their consorts. The wind blew very pleasantly, carrying the aroma of different flowers, and the sensation of bodily touch was very pleasing
- All the birds within the forests began to sing with sweet voices, and the peacocks began to dance along with their consorts. The wind blew very pleasantly, carrying the aroma of different flowers, and the sensation of bodily touch was very pleasing
- All the boys would be differently engaged. Some boys blew their flutes, and others blew bugles made of horn. Some imitated the buzzing of the bumblebees, and others imitated the voice of the cuckoo - SB 10.12.7-11
- Although when a pure devotee speaks the articulation of his voice may resemble the sound of this material sky, the voice is spiritually very powerful because it touches the particles of saffron dust on the lotus feet of the Lord
- As Sikhi Mahiti spoke to his brother and sister in this way (dream about Caitanya Mahaprabhu), his voice faltered and there were tears in his eyes
- As soon as a sleeping living entity hears the powerful voice emanating from the mouth of a pure devotee, he immediately remembers his eternal relationship with the Lord, although up until that moment he had forgotten everything
- As soon as she (Sudama's wife) saw her husband (Sudama) present before her, tears of joy fell from her eyes, and her voice became so choked up that she could not even address her husband
- Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu (NOD 1.3.38) in which Rupa Gosvami states: "O Govinda! This young girl with tears in her eyes is crying in a sweet voice, chanting Your glories"
- Bhrgu Muni could understand his position and that of the Lord, and he was struck with wonder at the behavior of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because of his gratitude, his voice choked up
- Brahma said: The mouth of the virat-purusa (the universal form of the Lord) is the generating center of the voice, and the controlling deity is fire. His skin and six other layers are the generating centers of the Vedic hymns
- By speaking with resounding voices, the Visnudutas threatened to punish the Yamadutas if they continued trying to snatch Ajamila's soul from his heart
- Can you guarantee life? Then you are controller. Your so-called advanced medicine or advanced knowledge has no meaning. You have to die. Then where is the value of your empty voice?
- Canakya Pandita says that the cuckoo bird, although very black, is beautiful because of its sweet voice. Similarly, a woman becomes beautiful by her chastity and faithfulness to her husband
- Dancing and shouting with a loud voice, he made the entire surface of the earth tremble as if from an earthquake. As he yawned again and again, he seemed to be trying to swallow the whole sky with his mouth, which was as deep as a cave
- Dear cuckoo, you possess a very sweet voice, and you are very expert in imitating others. You could excite even a dead body with your voice. Therefore, tell the queens that good behavior is their proper duty
- Dear Lord, You are the eternal form of transcendental bliss and knowledge. As such, You are beyond the reach of the mental speculation or vocal description of any materialistic man within this world
- During the dispute there was a voice from the sky, and it announced that for all honest purposes Balarama was the actual winner of this game, that He was being abused, and that the statement of Rukmi that he had won was absolutely false
- Even the great sage Visvamitra fell a victim to Menaka. Therefore a person desiring to advance in spiritual consciousness must be especially careful not to see a woman's face or hear a woman's voice
- Even though decorated with the signs of a devotee, a person addicted to smoking, drinking or illegitimate sex with women cannot have all the above-mentioned (inertness, perspiration, standing of hairs on end, failing in the voice, etc) ecstatic symptoms
- Gandharvas and their wives, whose voices were very sweet, began to sing many auspicious songs. Vasudeva anointed his eyes with black cosmetic, smeared butter over his body
- Generally the cuckoo sounds its cooing vibration at the end of night or early in the morning. When the queens heard the cooing of the cuckoo at the end of night, they said, "Dear cuckoo, your voice is very sweet"
- Getting up from the ground & seeing Brahma before him, the head of the Daityas was overwhelmed by jubilation. With tears in his eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Brahma
- Gopis said, "Some of them cut jokes with Him in mild voices and please Him very much by this." For example, Krsna had one brahmana friend whose name was Madhumangala. This boy would joke by playing the part of a greedy brahmana
- Having served him for a long time, she grew weak and emaciated due to her religious observances. Seeing her condition, Kardama, the foremost of celestial sages, was overcome with compassion and spoke to her in a voice choked with great love
- He (Bahulasva) placed them (Krsna's lotus feet) on his lap and, while massaging the feet with his hands, began to speak about the glories of the Lord in a sweet voice
- He (Bali) began to offer prayers to the Lords (Krsna and Balarama) in a voice which choked up intermittently
- He was unable to utter any of the letters of the alphabet to offer the Lord suitable prayers because his voice was choked in ecstasy, for a considerable time
- He worshiped Krsna with tulasi leaves and water of the Ganges and called for Him in a loud voice. Thus Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared on earth, accompanied by His personal associates
- His (Raghunatha Bhatta's) voice was as sweet as a cuckoo's, and he would recite each verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam in three or four tunes. Thus his recitations were very sweet to hear
- His body moved to and fro, right and left, for He was absorbed in ecstasy. He chanted "Krsna, Krsna" in a deep voice
- His face is decorated with tilaka made from kasturi (musk), and His broad chest is decorated with a garland of gunja (small conchshells). His complexion is as white as an autumn cloud, He wears garments of blue color, and His voice is very grave
- I offer my obeisances unto Amogha Pandita, who was accepted by Lord Caitanya. As a result of this acceptance, he was always merged in ecstatic love, and he manifested ecstatic symptoms such as choking of the voice and standing of the hairs on his body
- In conditional life the living entity is attracted by a face, eyebrows or eyes, a voice or anything. In short, everything becomes attractive
- In each restaurant there should be the picture of Lord Caitanya, and the foods should be offered and distributed to the respected customers. There should also be a tape recorder playing the Sankirtana in mild voice
- In great agitation, the maidservant struck her breast with both hands and cried loudly in regretful words. Hearing her loud voice, the Queen immediately came, and when she approached her son, she saw that he was suddenly dead
- In Sanskrit a woman's voice is called nari-svara because women generally sing and their singing is very attractive
- In spite of this divine voice (voice from sky), Rukmi insisted that Balarama had lost, and by his persistence it appeared that he had death upon his head. Falsely puffed up by the ill advice of his friend, he did not give much importance to the oracle
- In the forest of the material world, the living entity first of all wants to be very happy by taking shelter of the creeperlike arms of his wife and hearing her sweet voice
- In the trees and green plants, full of flowers and leaves, pleasing to the eyes, birds like cuckoos and swarms of bees began chanting with sweet voices for the sake of the demigods (at the auspicious time for the appearance of the Lord) - SB 10.3.1-5
- In this reverential devotional attitude, Pradyumna never talked to his father in a loud voice
- It is not ordinary singing, it is concert, many people are singing, so it is not bad. Just like Sankirtana, many voices are there, men and women, so it is the same thing, sankirtana. I approve of it
- It is something like the tape-recorded voice of a person who is now separated from the voice. As the tape recording is situated on the tape, so the whole cosmic manifestation is situated on the material energy and appears separate by means of kala
- King Daksa wanted to offer prayers to Lord Siva, but as he remembered the ill-fated death of his daughter Sati, his eyes filled with tears, and in bereavement his voice choked up, and he could not say anything
- Krsna heard the appealing voices of His friends, and casting a pleasing glance over them, He began to answer. By speaking through His eyes, He impressed upon His friends that there was no cause for fear, and He assured them, "Don't worry"
- Krsna said to Pradyumna, "Just talk with Me in a clear voice, and do not shed tears"
- Krsna's deep voice is more resonant than newly arrived clouds, and His sweet song defeats even the sweet voice of the cuckoo
- Maharaja Pariksit asked about Lord Ananta, and upon hearing this question, Sukadeva Gosvami began to show symptoms of collapsing. Yet he checked himself and answered King Pariksit's question in a mild voice
- Maharaja Pariksit, well equipped with arrows and bow and seated on a gold-embossed chariot, spoke to him (the sudra) with a deep voice sounding like thunder
- O Maharaja Pariksit, the demigoddess Aditi then began offering her prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead in a faltering voice and with great love
- One day Jagadananda, Svarupa, Govinda, Kasisvara, Sankara, Damodara and Mukunda all went to bathe in the sea. They could hear Haridasa singing from a distant place as if calling them in his original voice
- Sannyasa means giving up the company of women, but if a sannyasi hears the voice of a woman and sees her beautiful face, he certainly becomes attracted and is sure to fall down. There have been many examples
- She (a female singer in the Jagannatha temple) sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- She (Kunti-devi) knew perfectly well that without Krsna's grace no one could have saved them from the fire "accident" designed by the sons of Dhrtarastra. In a choked-up voice, she began to narrate before Krsna the history of their life
- Some of the more talented (cowherd) boys would sing in very sweet voices to please Him. Thus very soon His (Krsna's) fatigue would go away
- Striking their breasts in affliction because their husbands had been killed by the arrows of Laksmana, the women embraced their respective husbands and cried piteously in voices appealing to everyone
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Being thus addressed by the messengers of Yamaraja, the servants of Vasudeva smiled and spoke the following words in voices as deep as the sound of rumbling clouds
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: While the morose Indra was lamenting in this way, an ominous, unembodied voice said from the sky, "This demon Namuci is not to be annihilated by anything dry or moist"
- That this voice does not belong to this universe
- The attraction of such gardens was that singing birds would sit on the trees, and their chanting voices, as well as the humming sound of the bees, made the whole atmosphere as pleasing as possible
- The bhava stage is manifested by eight transcendental symptoms, namely inertness, perspiration, standing of hairs on end, failing in the voice, trembling, paleness of the body, tears in the eyes and finally trance
- The creator has constructed women in such a way that their beautiful voices and movements and the beautiful features of their hips, their breasts, and the other parts of their bodies attract the members of the opposite sex, and awaken their lusty desires
- The cuckoolike devotees have very sweet voices with which to chant the holy name of the Lord and taste the sweet fruit of the mango tree of love of Godhead. Such devotees relish sweet mellows with the Lord
- The following verse (CC Madhya 8.76) is cited from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.8.46), wherein Maharaja Pariksit voices his appreciation of Nanda Maharaja’s and mother Yasoda’s intense love for Krsna
- The Gayatri Mantra should be sung in a low whispering voice
- The King of the elephants (Gajendra) was so very eager to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead that when he saw the Lord coming in the sky, with great pain and in a feeble voice he offered respect to the Lord
- The Lord asks every sleeping living entity to get up and engage in devotional service so that his mission in this human form of life may be fulfilled. This awakening voice comes through the mouth of a pure devotee
- The material voice, or the energy of taking in foodstuff, is generated originally from the Lord; such actions are but perverted reflections of the original reservoirs - the transcendental situation is not without spiritual variegatedness
- The omnipotent Supreme Personality of Godhead enlivened Brahma and the other highly elevated brahmanas by again roaring with His uncommon voice, which echoed in all directions
- The opulences of the universal form of the Lord are described herein. It is said that His mouth is the generating center of all kinds of voices, and its controlling deity is the fire demigod
- The order carriers of Yamaraja were snatching the soul from the core of the heart of Ajamila, the husband of the prostitute, but with resounding voices the messengers of Lord Visnu, the Visnudutas, forbade them to do so
- The queens continued, "As soon as you vibrate your sweet voice, we immediately remember Syamasundara because your voice exactly resembles His"
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The sastras advise that when such a woman (who is attractive and has a beautiful face and sweet voice) comes to serve a man, she should be considered to be like a dark well covered by grass
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: deepness in three places - the voice, the intelligence, and the navel; highness in five places - the nose, the arms, the ears, the forehead, and the thighs
- The valleys beneath Trikuta Mountain are beautifully decorated by many varieties of jungle animals, and in the trees, which are maintained in gardens by the demigods, varieties of birds chirp with sweet voices
- The Vedic voice, transcendental voice, says, "O humanity, O living entity, you are sleeping. Please get up." Uttistha. Uttistha means "Please get up"
- The vithi beginning of a drama consists of only one scene. In that scene, one of the heroes enters the stage, and by means of opposing statements uttered by a voice from the sky (offstage), he introduces the abundant conjugal mellow to some degree
- The voice also said, "O Indra, because I have given this demon the benediction that he will never be killed by any weapon that is dry or moist, you have to think of another way to kill him"
- Then there appeared before them a transcendental sound vibration, emanating from a personality not visible to material eyes. The voice was as grave as the sound of a cloud, and it was very encouraging, driving away all fear
- There are false ego, intelligence & the unmanifested stage of 3 modes of nature. Then there are 5 senses for acquiring knowledge: the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and touch. Then 5 working senses: voice, legs, hands, the anus & the genitals. BG 1972 purports
- They all exchanged words of reception by asking one another about their welfare, and when such formalities were finished, Balarama, in a great voice and very patiently, submitted before them (the Kurus) the following words for their consideration
- This stanza was sung by Mukunda in a very sweet voice, but as soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza, His mind went to pieces
- Thus this unintelligent man, Rukmi, ignorant of the extent of the strength and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, voiced his impudent threats
- To achieve that success (associating with God in any one of the five transcendental rasas), he (a mahatma) engages all activities-mental, bodily and vocal, everything-in the service of the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna. That is called full KC. BG 1972 purports
- To see a woman's face and appreciate its beauty or to hear a woman's voice and appreciate her singing as very nice is a subtle falldown for a brahmacari or sannyasi
- Understanding the ecstatic emotions of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Svarupa Damodara, in a sweet voice, recited the following verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Upon hearing her husband, who excelled in knowledge of all kinds of transcendental science, innocent Devahuti was very satisfied. Her smiling face shining with a slightly bashful glance, she spoke in a choked voice because of great humility and love
- Upon touching the lotus feet of the SP of Godhead (Krsna), he (Akrura) became overwhelmed with transcendental bliss; his voice choked up, and he could not speak. Due to his transcendental pleasure, incessant torrents of tears fell from his eyes
- When a woman's bodily features are attractive, when her face is beautiful and when her voice is sweet, she is naturally a trap for a man
- When Akrura understood that Krsna was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he bowed his head to Krsna's lotus feet and with folded hands began to pray in a faltering voice. There are also examples of faltering of the voice caused by fearfulness
- When Lord Krsna disclosed their disguise, King Jarasandha laughed very loudly, and then in great anger and in a grave voice he exclaimed, "You fools! If you want to fight with me, I immediately grant your request"
- When Narada arrived in Dvaraka, he saw there were ponds full of blue and red lotus flowers, and some of these tanks were filled with varieties of lilies. The lakes were full of nice swans and cranes, and the voices of these birds resounded everywhere
- When one becomes arrogant with false prestige due to drinking intoxicants or being too lustful, the voice becomes faulty, the eyes become swollen, and there are symptoms of redness on the body
- When she was shedding tears, the black ointment from her eyes was dripping, along with the tears, onto her breasts, which were covered with kunkum powder. Rukmini was so aggrieved that her voice was choked up
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was apparently in an angry mood and chastising His devotees, many thousands of people outside loudly cried in a tumultuous voice, "All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- When the King refused to accept his wife and son, who were both irreproachable, an unembodied voice spoke from the sky as an omen and was heard by everyone present
- When the Muslim heard Raghunatha dasa's appealing voice, his heart softened. He began to cry, and tears glided down his beard
- When the sage Narada saw Lord Krsna standing before him, his body became so stunned that he stopped playing on his vina. Because of his faltering voice he could not offer any prayers to Krsna, and his eyes became filled with tears
- When the same force comes into contact with the sky, there is complete devastation. And when that force comes into contact with the air, there is trembling, failing of the voice and standing of the hairs on the body
- When the throat is choked up because of a faltering voice, there may be a sound like "ghra." Such sounds choke up the voice, and with extreme mental anxiety they may manifest in different ways
- When there is a combination of moroseness, astonishment, anger, joy and fear, there is a choking in the voice. This choking is called gadgada
- While Kamsa, controlling the reins of the horses, was driving the chariot along the way, an unembodied voice addressed him, "You foolish rascal, the eighth child of the woman you are carrying will kill you!" - SB 10.1.34
- With all the members of the assembly, the two Majumadaras fell at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Haridasa Thakura was smiling, however, and he spoke in a sweet voice
- With an appealing voice, the poor small fish said to Satyavrata, who was very merciful: My dear King, protector of the poor, why are you throwing Me in the water of the river, where there are other aquatics who can kill Me? I am very much afraid of them
- With folded hands she offered obeisances at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Sitting at the door, she then spoke in a very sweet voice
- Within the creepers there are many chirping birds; this indicates that he (the living entity) wants to satisfy himself by hearing the sweet voice of his wife