Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
voice | voiced | voices | voicing | voicings
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Voice"
The following 112 pages are in this category, out of 112 total.
- A person desiring to advance in spiritual consciousness must be especially careful not to see a woman's face or hear a woman's voice
- After hearing the ominous voice, Indra, with great attention, began to meditate on how to kill the demon (Namuci). He then saw that foam would be the means, for it is neither moist nor dry
- All the birds within the forests began to sing with sweet voices, and the peacocks began to dance along with their consorts. The wind blew very pleasantly, carrying the aroma of different flowers, and the sensation of bodily touch was very pleasing
- Although for the moment he (Akrura) was bewildered, he retained his clear consciousness and bowed down his head before the Lord. With folded hands and faltering voice, he began to offer prayers to the Lord
- Although they (the gopis) were depressed by the words of Krsna, they did not like to use harsh words against Him. Yet they wanted to rebuke Krsna for His unkind words, and therefore they began to speak in faltering voices
- As soon as she (Sudama's wife) saw her husband (Sudama) present before her, tears of joy fell from her eyes, and her voice became so choked up that she could not even address her husband
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched Sanatana Gosvami, Sanatana was also overwhelmed with ecstatic love. In a faltering voice, he said, "O my Lord, do not touch me"
- Being overwhelmed with joy, he manifested all the symptoms of ecstatic love, with tears in his eyes and a faltering voice
- Bhrgu Muni could understand his position and that of the Lord, and he was struck with wonder at the behavior of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because of his gratitude, his voice choked up
- By speaking with resounding voices, the Visnudutas threatened to punish the Yamadutas if they continued trying to snatch Ajamila's soul from his heart
- By the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he experienced the symptoms of ecstatic love - tears, trembling and faltering of the voice. His eyes filled with tears and his throat became choked, and thus he could not recite Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Can you guarantee life? Then you are controller. Your so-called advanced medicine or advanced knowledge has no meaning. You have to die. Then where is the value of your empty voice?
- Canakya Pandita says that the cuckoo bird, although very black, is beautiful because of its sweet voice. Similarly, a woman becomes beautiful by her chastity and faithfulness to her husband
- Dear Lord, You are the eternal form of transcendental bliss and knowledge. As such, You are beyond the reach of the mental speculation or vocal description of any materialistic man within this world
- During the dispute there was a voice from the sky, and it announced that for all honest purposes Balarama was the actual winner of this game, that He was being abused, and that the statement of Rukmi that he had won was absolutely false
- Faltering of the voice may sometimes cause choking in the throat and extreme anxiety. As the different symptoms of these ecstatic manifestations are localized, they are accompanied by different local reactions
- Faltering of the voice resulting from wonder was exhibited by Brahma. It is said in Srimad-Bhagavatam, Tenth Canto, 13th Chapter, 59th verse that, after bowing down before Lord Krsna, when Brahma began to rise he prayed to the Lord in a faltering voice
- Gandharvas and their wives, whose voices were very sweet, began to sing many auspicious songs. Vasudeva anointed his eyes with black cosmetic, smeared butter over his body
- Generally the cuckoo sounds its cooing vibration at the end of night or early in the morning. When the queens heard the cooing of the cuckoo at the end of night, they said, "Dear cuckoo, your voice is very sweet"
- Gopis said, "Some of them cut jokes with Him in mild voices and please Him very much by this." For example, Krsna had one brahmana friend whose name was Madhumangala. This boy would joke by playing the part of a greedy brahmana
- Having served him for a long time, she grew weak and emaciated due to her religious observances. Seeing her condition, Kardama, the foremost of celestial sages, was overcome with compassion and spoke to her in a voice choked with great love
- He (Bahulasva) placed them (Krsna's lotus feet) on his lap and, while massaging the feet with his hands, began to speak about the glories of the Lord in a sweet voice
- He (Bali) began to offer prayers to the Lords (Krsna and Balarama) in a voice which choked up intermittently
- He worshiped Krsna with tulasi leaves and water of the Ganges and called for Him in a loud voice. Thus Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared on earth, accompanied by His personal associates
- Her (Radharani's) ears are always attracted to His sweet voice, Her nostrils are enchanted by His fragrance, and Her tongue hankers for the nectar of His soft lips
- Her (Radharani's) entire body is bedecked with these (the natural symptoms of ecstasy - trembling, tears, jubilation, stunning, perspiration, faltering of the voice, bodily redness, madness and dullness) nine different jewels
- Her (Radharani's) ornaments embody the natural symptoms of ecstasy - trembling, tears, jubilation, stunning, perspiration, faltering of the voice, bodily redness, madness and dullness
- His body moved to and fro, right and left, for He was absorbed in ecstasy. He chanted "Krsna, Krsna" in a deep voice
- His face is decorated with tilaka made from kasturi (musk), and His broad chest is decorated with a garland of gunja (small conchshells). His complexion is as white as an autumn cloud, He wears garments of blue color, and His voice is very grave
- His voice was as sweet as a cuckoo's, and he would recite each verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam in three or four tunes. Thus his recitations were very sweet to hear
- I shivered in fear and shed tears. My voice faltered, and all the hairs on my body stood up
- In a deep voice that resembled the rumbling of clouds, the Lord replied to the demigods, who all stood there attentively with folded hands
- In each restaurant there should be the picture of Lord Caitanya, and the foods should be offered and distributed to the respected customers. There should also be a tape recorder playing the Sankirtana in mild voice
- In Sanskrit a woman's voice is called nari-svara because women generally sing and their singing is very attractive
- In spite of this divine voice (voice from sky), Rukmi insisted that Balarama had lost, and by his persistence it appeared that he had death upon his head. Falsely puffed up by the ill advice of his friend, he did not give much importance to the oracle
- In the record the play is going on, but one who does not know who has recorded this speech, he cannot find out. But one who knows voice, he can understand, "It is coming from Prabhupada, or the Swamiji"
- In the Tenth Canto, 29th Chapter, 27th verse, another example of faltering of the voice was exhibited by the gopis when they came to Krsna, desiring to dance with Him
- In the Tenth Canto, 39th Chapter, 48th verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam a faltering voice due to jubilation was exhibited by Akrura when he was shown all of the Vaikuntha planets resting within the River Yamuna
- In the trees and green plants, full of flowers and leaves, pleasing to the eyes, birds like cuckoos and swarms of bees began chanting with sweet voices for the sake of the demigods
- In this reverential devotional attitude, Pradyumna never talked to his father in a loud voice
- It is not ordinary singing, it is concert, many people are singing, so it is not bad. Just like Sankirtana, many voices are there, men and women, so it is the same thing, sankirtana. I approve of it
- It is the aspiration of a devotee that while he chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra his eyes will fill with tears, his voice falter and his heart throb
- Krsna asked them to go back to their husbands and homes. The gopis apparently became very angry and began to talk to Krsna with faltering voices
- Krsna heard the appealing voices of His friends, and casting a pleasing glance over them, He began to answer. By speaking through His eyes, He impressed upon His friends that there was no cause for fear, and He assured them, "Don’t worry"
- Krsna said to Pradyumna, "Just talk with Me in a clear voice, and do not shed tears"
- Krsna's deep voice is more resonant than newly arrived clouds, and His sweet song defeats even the sweet voice of the cuckoo
- Maharaja Pariksit asked about Lord Ananta, and upon hearing this question, Sukadeva Gosvami began to show symptoms of collapsing. Yet he checked himself and answered King Pariksit's question in a mild voice
- My dear Lord, when will My eyes be beautified by filling with tears that constantly glide down as I chant Your holy name? When will My voice falter and all the hairs on My body stand erect in transcendental happiness as I chant Your holy name?
- One aged devotee of Krsna addressed Him in this way: "Dear Krsna, O killer of the demon Agha, my body is now invalid due to old age. I cannot speak very fluently, my voice is faltering, my mind is not strong, and I am often attacked with forgetfulness"
- One day Jagadananda, Svarupa, Govinda, Kasisvara, Sankara, Damodara and Mukunda all went to bathe in the sea. They could hear Haridasa singing from a distant place as if calling them in his original voice
- One of Krsna's friends praised Him thus: "My dear friend, Your flute was given to Your servant Patri, and when I asked him to return it he began speaking in a faltering voice, and his complexion became yellow"
- One of Krsna's friends praised Him thusly: "My dear friend, Your flute was given to Your servant, Patri, and when I asked him to return it he began speaking in a faltering voice, and his complexion became yellow"
- Perspiration, trembling, standing on end of one's bodily hairs, tears, faltering voice, fading complexion, madness, melancholy, patience, pride, joy & humility - these are various natural symptoms of ecstatic love of Godhead
- Placing its nails on my chest, the lion said in a grave voice, 'I shall immediately bifurcate your chest as you broke the mrdanga drum
- Prahlada Maharaja fixed his mind and sight upon Lord Nrsimha-deva with full attention in complete trance. With a fixed mind, he began to offer prayers in love with a faltering voice
- Sannyasa means giving up the company of women, but if a sannyasi hears the voice of a woman and sees her beautiful face, he certainly becomes attracted and is sure to fall down. There have been many examples
- She (a female singer in the Jagannatha temple) sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- She (Kunti-devi) knew perfectly well that without Krsna's grace no one could have saved them from the fire "accident" designed by the sons of Dhrtarastra. In a choked-up voice, she began to narrate before Krsna the history of their life
- She sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- Some of the more talented (cowherd) boys would sing in very sweet voices to please Him. Thus very soon His (Krsna's) fatigue would go away
- That this voice does not belong to this universe
- The attraction of such gardens was that singing birds would sit on the trees, and their chanting voices, as well as the humming sound of the bees, made the whole atmosphere as pleasing as possible
- The creator has constructed women in such a way that their beautiful voices and movements and the beautiful features of their hips, their breasts, and the other parts of their bodies attract the members of the opposite sex, and awaken their lusty desires
- The face of the Lord is the embodiment of beauty. What they call beautiful nature is but His smile, and what they call the sweet songs of the birds are but specimens of the whispering voice of the Lord
- The Gayatri Mantra should be sung in a low whispering voice
- The Lord asks every sleeping living entity to get up and engage in devotional service so that his mission in this human form of life may be fulfilled. This awakening voice comes through the mouth of a pure devotee
- The Lord's (Varahadeva's) resounding voice was tumultuous and echoed horribly in all directions as an open threat to all demons who might challenge His omnipotency
- The material voice, or the energy of taking in foodstuff, is generated originally from the Lord; such actions are but perverted reflections of the original reservoirs - the transcendental situation is not without spiritual variegatedness
- The queens continued, "As soon as you vibrate your sweet voice, we immediately remember Syamasundara because your voice exactly resembles His"
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The sastras advise that when such a woman (who is attractive and has a beautiful face and sweet voice) comes to serve a man, she should be considered to be like a dark well covered by grass
- The valleys beneath Trikuta Mountain are beautifully decorated by many varieties of jungle animals, and in the trees, which are maintained in gardens by the demigods, varieties of birds chirp with sweet voices
- The Vedic voice, transcendental voice, says, "O humanity, O living entity, you are sleeping. Please get up." Uttistha. Uttistha means "Please get up"
- There are eight symptoms of existential ecstatic love: becoming stunned, perspiring, standing of the hairs on the body, faltering of the voice, trembling of the body, changing bodily colors, shedding tears, and devastation
- There are five senses for acquiring knowledge: the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin. Then five working senses: voice, legs, hands, anus and genitals. Then, above the senses, there is the mind, which is within and which can be called the sense within
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and did not desire any personal benefits, and they were all so much in love with Him that in His absence their voices faltered when they began to inquire from Balaramaji
- They all exchanged words of reception by asking one another about their welfare, and when such formalities were finished, Balarama, in a great voice and very patiently, submitted before them (the Kurus) the following words for their consideration
- This stanza was sung by Mukunda in a very sweet voice, but as soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza, His mind went to pieces
- Thus this unintelligent man, Rukmi, ignorant of the extent of the strength and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, voiced his impudent threats
- To see a woman's face and appreciate its beauty or to hear a woman's voice and appreciate her singing as very nice is a subtle falldown for a brahmacari or sannyasi
- Understanding the ecstatic emotions of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Svarupa Damodara, in a sweet voice, recited the following verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Unlike the shedding of tears and faltering of the voice, the condition of being stunned is spread all over the body. The shedding of tears and faltering of the voice are simply localized symptoms
- Upon touching the lotus feet of the SP of Godhead (Krsna), he (Akrura) became overwhelmed with transcendental bliss; his voice choked up, and he could not speak. Due to his transcendental pleasure, incessant torrents of tears fell from his eyes
- When a woman's bodily features are attractive, when her face is beautiful and when her voice is sweet, she is naturally a trap for a man
- When Akrura understood that Krsna was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he bowed his head to Krsna's lotus feet and with folded hands began to pray in a faltering voice. There are also examples of faltering of the voice caused by fearfulness
- When Lord Krsna disclosed their disguise, King Jarasandha laughed very loudly, and then in great anger and in a grave voice he exclaimed, "You fools! If you want to fight with me, I immediately grant your request"
- When Narada arrived in Dvaraka, he saw there were ponds full of blue and red lotus flowers, and some of these tanks were filled with varieties of lilies. The lakes were full of nice swans and cranes, and the voices of these birds resounded everywhere
- When one becomes arrogant with false prestige due to drinking intoxicants or being too lustful, the voice becomes faulty, the eyes become swollen, and there are symptoms of redness on the body
- When one's transcendental loving service to the Lord is actually awakened, it generates transformations in the body such as perspiration, trembling, throbbing of the heart, faltering of the voice and tears in the eyes
- When she was shedding tears, the black ointment from her eyes was dripping, along with the tears, onto her breasts, which were covered with kunkum powder. Rukmini was so aggrieved that her voice was choked up
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was apparently in an angry mood and chastising His devotees, many thousands of people outside loudly cried in a tumultuous voice, "All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- When the great sages and thinkers who are residents of Janaloka, Tapoloka and Satyaloka heard the tumultuous voice of Lord Boar, which was the all-auspicious sound of the all-merciful Lord, they chanted auspicious chants from the three Vedas
- When the Muslim heard Raghunatha dasa's appealing voice, his heart softened. He began to cry, and tears glided down his beard
- When the sage Narada saw Lord Krsna standing before him, his body became so stunned that he stopped playing on his vina. Because of his faltering voice he could not offer any prayers to Krsna, and his eyes became filled with tears
- When the same force comes into contact with the sky, there is complete devastation. And when that force comes into contact with the air, there is trembling, failing of the voice and standing of the hairs on the body
- When the throat is choked up because of a faltering voice, there may be a sound like "ghra." Such sounds choke up the voice, and with extreme mental anxiety they may manifest in different ways
- While Amogha danced in ecstatic love, he manifested all the ecstatic symptoms - trembling, tears, jubilation, trance, perspiration and a faltering voice. Seeing these waves of ecstatic emotion, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to laugh
- With all the members of the assembly, the two Majumadaras fell at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Haridasa Thakura was smiling, however, and he spoke in a sweet voice
- With folded hands she offered obeisances at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Sitting at the door, she then spoke in a very sweet voice
- With tears in his (Hiranyakasipu's) eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Lord Brahma
- Yet he (Sukadeva Gosvami) checked himself and answered King Pariksit's question in a mild voice. This collapsing condition is described as a feverish state resulting from ecstatic pleasure
- You are rebuking the air for the standing of the hairs on Your body. And You are cursing Your walking in the forest for Your thighs being stunned. But Your faltering voice reveals the cause to be different: it is just Your attachment for Krsna
- You cannot change my voice
- You do it, without God. Then I take it seriously. Otherwise empty voice simply, nonsensical