Nanda Mahārāja | Nanda | Maharaja Nanda | "King of Vraja" | Vrajendra
note: formerly Droṇa
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Krsna and His Father - Nanda (2 C, 303 P)
- ► Son of Nanda (2 C, 30 P)
Pages in category "Nanda"
The following 170 pages are in this category, out of 170 total.
- According to astronomical calculations, the time in which he (Nanda Maharaj) took a bath was considered demoniac
- Addressing him (Gargamuni) very politely, he (Nanda) said, “My dear brahmana, your appearance in a householder’s place is only to enlighten. We are always engaged in household duties and are forgetting our real duty of self-realization"
- After being received by the cowherd men and boys, the gopis, and King Nanda and Yasoda, Lord Balarama sat down, feeling satisfied, and they all surrounded Him
- After dressing themselves in this gorgeous way, they (the cowherd men) took various kinds of presentations and thus approached the house of Nanda Maharaja
- After Nanda Maharaja received these farewell presentations, he, along with his associates, started for Vrajabhumi, Vrndavana
- After performing this sacrifice, Vasudeva felt so satisfied that there was no limit to his happiness. All the members of his family were with him, and in their presence he caught hold of the hands of Nanda Maharaja and addressed him thus
- After sunrise the gopis came as usual to offer their respects to Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, but when they saw the golden chariot of Uddhava at the door, they began to inquire among themselves: What was that chariot, and to whom did it belong
- After that, Kuvera's two sons stood as two big arjuna trees in the courtyard of Nanda until Damodara, in order to fulfill the desire of Narada, dragged the milling pestle to which He was tied & struck the two trees, violently causing them to fall down
- After the birth ceremony, Nanda Maharaja decided to go to Mathura to pay the annual tax to the government of Kamsa. Before leaving, he called for the able cowherd men of the village and asked them to take care of Vrndavana in his absence
- After the friendly conversation between Nanda Maharaja and Vasudeva, Vasudeva returned to his home. Nanda Maharaja and the other cowherd men, who had come to Mathura to pay their taxes, also returned home
- After this incident, all the elder cowherd men assembled together, and Nanda Maharaja presided. They began to consult amongst themselves how to stop the great disturbances in Mahavana on account of the demons
- Akrura also saw His Lordship (Maha-Visnu) surrounded by intimate associates like the four Kumaras - Sanaka, Sanatana, Sananda and Sanat-kumara - and other associates like Sunanda and Nanda, as well as demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva
- Although Lord Visnu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He offered His respects to Kasyapa Muni. Similarly, when Lord Krsna was a child He used to offer His respectful obeisances to His mother and father, Nanda and Yasoda
- As a small particle of fire can kindle a great fire with fuel, so the Lord killed all these great demons, beginning from His (Krsna's) babyhood in the house of Nanda Maharaja
- As for mother Yasoda, she sat by the side of her husband and heard the pastimes of Krsna without speaking. She simply cried incessantly, and milk poured from her breasts
- As Nanda Maharaja spoke to Akrura with pleasing words, Akrura forgot all the fatigue of his day’s journey from Mathura to Vrndavana
- As soon as Vasudeva saw Nanda Maharaja, Vasudeva jumped up and ran over to him and embraced him very affectionately
- As the brahmanas chanted the Vedic hymns and performed the ritualistic ceremonies for the second time, Nanda Maharaja again gave them huge quantities of grain and many cows
- As the dust on the lotus flower exhibits the exquisite beauty of the flower, all the gopis applied the dust of kunkuma on their lotuslike faces. These beautiful gopis took their different presentations and very soon reached the house of Maharaja Nanda
- Being enlivened by the musical concert, they (the wrestlers) passed through with great alacrity. All the respectable cowherd men who came from Vrndavana, headed by Nanda, were also welcomed by Kamsa
- By spontaneous nature they (the raganuga devotees) become attracted to some of the eternal devotees such as Nanda or Yasoda, and they try to follow in their footsteps spontaneously
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Dear Queen Yasodadevi, you and Nanda Maharaja have been great friends to us, and when we remember you we are immediately overwhelmed by the thought of your friendly activities"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "The most noble personalities do not discriminate between their own sons and the sons of others, and there cannot be any personalities more noble than Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi)"
- First Lord Balarama inquired from them (the cowherd men and boys, the gopis, and King Nanda and Yasoda) about their welfare, and then, since they had not seen Him for such a long time, they began to ask Him different questions
- First Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "My dear Balarama, are our friends like Vasudeva and others in the family doing well"
- From the womb of Pauravi came twelve sons, including Bhuta, Subhadra, Bhadrabahu, Durmada and Bhadra. Nanda, Upananda, Krtaka, Sura and others were born from the womb of Madira. Bhadra (Kausalya) gave birth to only one son, named Kesi
- Garga Muni further hinted to Nanda Maharaja that his son would also be called Giridhari because of His uncommon pastime of lifting Govardhana Hill
- Garga Muni said, "Because your family and the family of the Yadus are so intimately connected & attracted, His name will also be Sankarsana." This means that Garga Muni awarded three names to the son of Rohini - namely Balarama, Sankarsana and Baladeva
- Garga Muni said, "Being very popular in Vrndavana, He will be the cause of all good fortune for you. Because of His presence, you will overcome all kinds of material calamities, despite opposing elements"
- Gargamuni did disclose to Nanda Maharaja that Balarama would be known as Sankarsana because of uniting two families - the yadu-vamsa and the vamsa of Nanda Maharaja - one of which was known as ksatriya and the other as vaisya
- He (Balarama) came before Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda and offered His respectful obeisances. In response, mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja offered their blessings unto Him
- He (Garga Muni) informed Nanda Maharaja that the son of Rohini would be very pleasing to His family members and relatives and therefore would be called Rama. In the future He would be extraordinarily strong and therefore would be called Baladeva
- He (Krsna) did not want to disturb the intense affection of Vasudeva, and thus He agreed to be carried by His father to the house of Nanda and Yasoda
- He (Krsna) therefore asked Maharaja Nanda to stop the sacrifice offered to Indra and to use the money properly by performing a ceremony worshiping the cows and the pasturing ground on the hill of Govardhana
- He (Nanda Maharaj) entered deep into the water of the river, but he was arrested immediately by one of the servants of Varunadeva. This servant brought Nanda Maharaja before the demigod Varuna & accused him of taking a bath in the river at the wrong time
- He (Nanda Maharaja) also sent instructions to the police chief of Vrndavana to tell all the inhabitants about Kamsa’s great Dhanur-yajna function and invite them to join
- He (the pure devotee) simply wants to associate with the Supreme Personality of Godhead like the inhabitants of Vrndavana - Srimati Radharani, the gopis, Krsna's father and mother (Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda), Krsna's friends and Krsna's servants
- He received Garga Muni with the feeling of one who is worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He offered him a nice sitting place, and when he sat down, Nanda Maharaja offered him a warm reception
- He was accompanied by great devotees like Narada, Nanda and all the principal demigods, led by the heavenly king, Indra, and the residents of various upper planetary systems such as Siddhaloka, Gandharvaloka and Caranaloka
- His (God's) becoming the associate neighbor of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, as the son of Nanda-Yasoda, the friend of Sudama, Sridama and Madhumangala, or the lover of the damsels of Vrajabhumi, etc. That is part of His personal features
- His (Nanda) belly is fatty, his complexion is exactly like the full moon, and he has a beautiful moustache
- How greatly fortunate are Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd men and all the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi! There is no limit to their fortune, because the Absolute Truth, the source of transcendental bliss, the eternal Supreme Brahman, has become their friend
- I was born in Nandotsava day
- If anyone wants to enjoy the childhood pastimes of the Lord (Krsna), then he has to follow in the footsteps of the residents of Vraja like Nanda, Upananda and other parental inhabitants
- In ecstasy, Kanani Khutiya, who was dressed as Nanda Maharaja, and Jagannatha Mahiti, who was dressed as mother Yasoda, distributed all the riches they had stocked at home
- In India, all the big places of pilgrimage are situated on nice rivers like the Ganges, Yamuna, Sarasvati, Narmada, Godavari and Kaveri. Ambikavana was situated on the bank of the Sarasvati, and Nanda Maharaja and all the other cowherd men went there
- In spite of being beaten with burning logs, the serpent was not about to give up swallowing Nanda Maharaja
- In that very beautiful land, where many cows reside, Rohini, the wife of Vasudeva, is living at the home of Nanda Maharaja. Other wives of Vasudeva are also living there incognito because of fear of Kamsa. Please go there
- In the vatsalya-rasa, characterized by parental affection, one can become like Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda
- In this same prayer, there is another passage in which it is said, "My dear Lord Damodara, once when You were playing as a naughty boy in the house of Nanda Maharaj"
- In this way Vasudeva crossed the river Yamuna. On the other side, he went to the place of Nanda Maharaja, situated in Gokula, where he saw that all the cowherd men were fast asleep
- It has been seen that a so-called devotee proclaims himself a follower of Nanda, Yasoda or the gopis, while at the same time his abominable attraction for mundane sex life is visible
- It is also significant that Vasudeva inquired about the welfare of Nanda Maharaja's animals. The animals, and especially the cows, were protected exactly in the manner of one's children
- It is mentioned in the Padma Purana, Maharaja Nanda & the cowherd boys of Vrndavana joined the marriage ceremony. Kings from the kingdoms of Kuru, Srnjaya, Kekaya, Vidarbha, Kunti all came to Dvaraka on this occasion & met with one another very joyfully
- It is said that without being a qualified brahmana one should not read the mantras of the Vedas. Here is the proof that the brahmanas were qualified with all the brahminical symptoms. Maharaja Nanda also had full faith in them
- It is significant that these rivers, Nanda and Alakananda, are sanctified by the dust of the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Kamsa said, "The cowherd boys who have come with Them should be plundered and all their riches taken away. Nanda Maharaja should immediately be arrested and killed for his cunning behavior, and that rascal Vasudeva should also be killed without delay"
- Kamsa wanted to kill Krsna just after His birth. He failed to do so, but later on he got information that Krsna was living in Vrndavana at the house of Nanda. He therefore engaged many wizards who could perform wonderful acts & assume any form they liked
- Kanani Khutiya dressed himself like Nanda Maharaja, and Jagannatha Mahiti dressed himself as mother Yasoda
- Krsna is known as Vasudeva because He appeared in this material world as the son of Vasudeva. Similarly, He is known as Devaki-nandana, Yasoda-nandana, Nanda-nandana and so on
- Let others, fearing material existence, worship the Vedas, the Vedic supplementary puranas and the Mahabharata, but I shall worship Nanda Maharaja, in whose courtyard the Supreme Brahman is crawling
- Lord Brahma agreed to give them the benediction, and as a result the same Drona appeared as Nanda Maharaja in Vrndavana, and the same Dhara appeared as mother Yasoda, the wife of Nanda Maharaja
- Lord Krsna is not affected by such determination of men of Kamsa's class, but in order to play the role of a child He agreed to be carried by His father to the cow pastures of Nanda Maharaja because Vasudeva was afraid of Kamsa
- Maharaja Nanda and other elder members argued that without satisfying the predominating god one cannot derive any good result simply by material activities. This is actually the fact
- Maharaja Nanda finally relented. The cowherd men then inquired from Krsna how He wanted the yajna performed, and Krsna gave them the following directions. "Prepare very nice foods of all descriptions from the grain and ghee collected for the yajna"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "Because rainfall is due to the mercy of King Indra and the clouds are his representatives, and because water is so important for our living, we must show some gratitude to the controller of this rainfall, Maharaja Indra"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We are arranging, therefore, to pacify King Indra, because he has very kindly sent us clouds to pour down a sufficient quantity of rain for successful agricultural activities. Water is very important"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We should not give up this traditional ceremonial function; if one gives it up, being influenced by lust, greed or fear, then it does not look very good for him"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "Without rainfall we cannot farm or produce grain, and without grain we cannot live. Therefore rain is necessary for successful religious ceremonies, economic development and, ultimately, liberation"
- Meanwhile, Nanda and his associates the cowherd men returned from Mathura, and when they saw the great dead body of Putana, they were struck with wonder
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "Please come back and take Your lunch at home. Your father Nandaraja is waiting for You. He has to eat, so You must come back so that he can eat"
- Mother Yasoda and all the gopis, as well as Nanda and the cowherd men, were astonished as to how the cart could have collapsed by itself. All who were assembled for the holy function crowded around and began to suggest how the cart might have collapsed
- Mother Yasoda and Maharaja Nanda are considered to be the supermost of all elderly personalities
- Nanda and Sunanda, the two confidential associates of Lord Visnu, said: Dear King, let there be all good fortune unto you. Please attentively hear what we shall say
- Nanda Maharaj would point out the peacock feather on his child's head and would inform his beloved wife how the child was pleasing his eyes
- Nanda Maharaja addressed Garga Muni as one of the great authorities in astrological science
- Nanda Maharaja also addressed Garga Muni as “the best of the brahmanas.” A brahmana is one who is expert in the knowledge of the Supreme. Without knowledge of the Supreme Absolute, one cannot be recognized as a brahmana
- Nanda Maharaja and the other gopas exclaimed: My dear friends, you must know that Anakadundubhi, Vasudeva, has become a great saint or a master of mystic power. Otherwise how could he have foreseen this calamity and predicted it to us?
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda in Vrndavana appeared like ordinary persons of this material world, but they never felt the tribulations of this world, although they sometimes met many dangerous situations created by the demons
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is very good news that the most sinful King Kamsa has been killed by You (Balarama) and that our friends like Vasudeva and the others who had been harassed have now been relieved"
- Nanda Maharaja began to think of himself as the most fortunate person, and he was very satisfied to receive such a benediction in this way
- Nanda Maharaja cried for help, "This serpent is swallowing me!", all the cowherd men got up and saw what was happening. They immediately took up burning logs and began to beat the snake to kill it
- Nanda Maharaja distributed to the brahmanas 200,000 cows, which were well decorated with cloth and ornaments. He gave the brahmanas not only cows in charity but also hills of grain decorated with ornaments and golden-bordered cloth
- Nanda Maharaja informed the cowherd men that they would start the next morning. They therefore arranged for the cows and bulls to carry them all to Mathura
- Nanda Maharaja recalled the prophecy of Vasudeva and considered him a great sage and mystic yogi; otherwise, how could he have foretold an incident that happened during his absence from Vrndavana?
- Nanda Maharaja replied: My dear Vasudeva, I know that you are very much aggrieved because the cruel king Kamsa has killed all your sons born of Devaki. Although the last child was a daughter, Kamsa could not kill her
- Nanda Maharaja said, "How can I honestly believe that he (Kamsa) is actually protecting the citizens of Mathura?"
- Nanda Maharaja said, "Kamsa's protection is just like the slaughterhouse keeper’s protection of animals he will kill in the future. He is so selfish that he has killed the sons of his own sister"
- Nanda Maharaja said, "We belong to the twice-born caste, and I am taking this opportunity of your presence. So please perform the name-giving ceremony without external pomp"
- Nanda Maharaja said: Your (Gargamuni's) coming to our house is to give us some enlightenment about spiritual life. You have no other purpose in visiting householders
- Nanda Maharaja wanted to keep the name-giving ceremony a secret and yet take advantage of Garga Muni’s performing the ceremony
- Nanda Maharaja was a landholder for King Kamsa, but because by caste he was a vaisya, a member of the mercantile and agricultural community, he maintained thousands of cows
- Nanda Maharaja was a vaisya who possessed nine hundred thousand cows and ruled over many cowherd men and boys
- Nanda Maharaja was a well-to-do landholder and owner of many cows, and, as was the custom, he used to perform yearly worship of Indra, the King of heaven, with great opulence
- Nanda Maharaja was also very happy to see the pastimes of the cowherd men and women, and he became very liberal in giving charity to the different singers who were assembled there
- Nanda Maharaja was due to receive Him (Krsna) as his child, and Yasodamayi was also to enjoy His childhood pastimes, & therefore to fulfill everyone's desire, He was carried from Mathura to Vrndavana just after His appearance in the prison house of Kamsa
- Nanda said, "My dear Yasoda, please don't be worried. Please dry your beautiful lotus-like face. There is no need for you to breathe so hotly. I will go immediately with Akrura to the palace of Kamsa and get your son back for you"
- Nanda, overwhelmed with joy, immediately stood up and embraced Vasudeva. Vasudeva was received very warmly and offered a nice place to sit
- Not only did they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possess all these things, but they could give them (milk products, various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments) away in charity lavishly, as did Nanda Maharaja
- Not only in the neighborhood of Nanda Maharaja's estate, but all over the universe - and in all the other universes - musical sounds celebrated the auspicious arrival of the Lord
- On hearing the praises of the cowherd men in Vrndavana, King Nanda said, "My dear friends, in reply to you I can simply present the statement of Garga Muni so that your doubts may be cleared"
- On hearing the words of Garga Muni, Nanda Maharaja said, "If there is such danger, then it is better not to plan any gorgeous name-giving ceremony. It would be better for you to simply chant the Vedic hymns and perform the purificatory process"
- On the eleventh day of the full moon, Ekadasi, Maharaja Nanda observed fasting for the whole day, and just early in the morning of the next day, Dvadasi, he went to take a bath in the river Yamuna
- Once upon a time, the cowherd men of Vrndavana, headed by Nanda Maharaja, desired to go to Ambikavana to observe the Siva-ratri ceremony. The rasa-lila was performed during the autumn, & after that the next big ceremony is Holi, or the Dolayatra ceremony
- One time, having seen the great disturbances in Brhadvana, all the elderly persons among the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, assembled and began to consider what to do to stop the continuous disturbing situations in Vraja
- She (Putana) approached the house of Nanda Maharaja with the purpose of killing Krsna by smearing poison on her breast, yet when she was killed she attained the highest position, achieving the status of Krsna's mother
- Since He (Krsna) is the teacher of everyone, the Lord also taught His father, Nanda Maharaja
- Such topics (God's name, fame, quality, entourage) have been approved by great devotees like Narada, Hanuman, Nanda Maharaja and other inhabitants of Vrndavana, certainly such messages are transcendental and pleasing to the heart and soul
- Taking birth as a vaisya is not all; one must possess hundreds or thousands of animals (specifically cows) and rule over other vaisyas as Nanda Maharaja did in Vrndavana
- The brahmana is considered to be the spiritual master or priest for the ksatriya and vaisya. Nanda Maharaja happened to be a vaisya, and he accepted Garga Muni as a first-class brahmana
- The cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, spent that night on the bank of the Sarasvati. They fasted all day and drank a little water at night
- The demigod Varuna took him (Nanda Maharaja) to the Varuna planet just to have a look at the Personality of Godhead Lord Krsna, who appeared there to release His father. Actually there was no arrest of Nanda Maharaja by Varuna
- The description of Nanda Maharaj's bodily features is as follows. The hairs on his head are generally black, but some of them are grey. His garments are of greenish color, like the new-grown leaves of a banyan tree
- The devotee's prayer, "At that time You delivered two sons of Kuvera, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, who were staying there as two arjuna trees in the yard of Nanda Maharaj. My only request is that by Your merciful pastimes You may similarly deliver me"
- The elder brothers of Nanda Maharaja were Upananda and Abhinanda
- The fact was that Nanda Maharaja wanted to take a bath in the river Yamuna early in the morning before the sunrise, but somehow or other he was a little too early, and he bathed at an inauspicious time. Consequently he was arrested
- The fate lines on the palm are also considered to be auspicious bodily symptoms. In this connection, one old gopi informed King Nanda
- The friend of Nanda Maharaja said, "Just imagine how wonderful it is! On one hand He is only a boy of seven years, and on the other hand there is a huge hill like Govardhana Hill, and He lifted it so easily"
- The great associates of Vaikunthaloka, Nanda and Sunanda, could understand the mind of Dhruva Maharaja, and thus they showed him that his mother, Suniti, was going forward in another plane
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana - the gopis, mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd boys, the cows and everyone else - are actually on the raga-marga or bhagavata-marga platform
- The King of Vrajabhumi is Nanda Maharaja and the same person in Navadvipa is Jagannatha Misra the father of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The Lord was accompanied by the residents of Siddhaloka and Vidyadhara-loka, all the descendants of Diti, and the demons and the Yaksas. He was also accompanied by His chief associates, headed by Sunanda and Nanda
- The Lord was attended by His personal associates Nanda and Sunanda, and the personified Sudarsana disc was also standing by Him
- The members of the Yadu dynasty tried to satisfy Nanda Maharaja and his associates by offering them clothing, ornaments and many other valuable articles, and they all became fully satisfied
- The picture of Vasudeva exchanging the babies is not correct because Nanda Maharaja should not be in this scene. Vasudeva silently exchanged babies with the sleeping Yasoda, and neither Yasoda nor Nanda Maharaja knew about this till long after
- The planet known as Visnuloka, where Lord Visnu personally resides, is the highest of all. It is worshipable by the inhabitants of all other planets within the universe. Please come with us and live there eternally
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is actually the master of all sacrifices and preceptor of all the Prajapatis, and He is served even by such personalities as Nanda and Sunanda
- There must be the sanction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Nanda Maharaja therefore advocated that in order to get good results for agricultural activities, they must satisfy Indra, the superintending deity of the rain supply
- There was no necessity of the Lord's being dispatched to the house of Nanda Maharaja out of fear of Kamsa's determination to kill Him (Krsna) as soon as He appeared
- They (Nanda and Yasoda) embraced Balarama and, seating Him on their laps, began their perpetual crying, wetting Balarama with their tears
- This land is sacred because Lord Krsna traveled through it many times. From the very beginning of His appearance, He was at Mathura in the house of His maternal uncle Kamsa, and He was reared by His foster father Maharaja Nanda at Vrndavana
- This list is in order of superior importance, and thus we can see that Mother Yasoda and Maharaj Nanda are considered to be the supermost of all elderly personalities
- This old man was instructed by Narada to follow in the footsteps of Nanda Maharaj, and thus success was achieved by him
- This type of symptom (smoky condition) was experienced by Priest Gargamuni, who was performing some ritualistic ceremony in the house of Nanda Maharaj
- Thus Nanda Maharaja was relieved of the imminent danger of being devoured by the snake
- Vasudeva addressed Nanda, "My dear brother, you were old and very anxious to beget a son, and yet you had none. Now by the grace of the Lord you are fortunate to have a very nice son. I think that this incident is very auspicious for you"
- Vasudeva continued to Nanda Maharaja: Our family assembly may be very nice while we are living together, but after some time, in the course of the waves of time, we are separated
- Vasudeva continued: My dear friend (Nanda), it is very difficult for us to live together. Although we have our family and relatives, sons and daughters, by nature’s way we are generally separated from one another
- Vasudeva said, "I have no means to repay you for your (Nanda Maharaj) friendly dealings. Nevertheless I am confident that our tie of love will never break"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother (Nanda Maharaj), you are so nice and gentle that you offer all respect to others but don’t care for any respect for yourself"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother (Nanda Maharaja), the Supreme Personality of Godhead has created a great tie of bondage known as the bondage of love and affection"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother, you have exhibited feelings of love for me that I was not able to return. I think, therefore, that I am ungrateful
- Vasudeva then replied, "My dear Nanda, if you have already paid the government taxes, then return soon to your place, because I think that there may be some disturbances in Gokula"
- Vasudeva was a ksatriya, and Nanda Maharaja was a vaisya. It is the duty of the ksatriyas to give protection to the citizens, and it is the duty of the vaisyas to give protection to the cows. The cows are as important as the citizens
- We are giving the name of God, the address of God, the father, God's father's name also, Nanda-nandana, Devaki-nandana. So where is the difficulty to find out? There is no difficulty. But the rascals will not accept. They will continue their rascaldom
- When Garga Muni arrived at the home of Nanda Maharaja, Nanda Maharaja was very much pleased to see him and immediately stood up with folded hands and offered his respectful obeisances
- When Garga Muni was so eagerly requested by Nanda Maharaja, he performed the name-giving ceremony as secretly as possible in the cowshed of Nanda Maharaja
- When Nanda Maharaj saw his child like this, he never became satiated by the child's beauty
- When Nanda Maharaja arrived in Mathura, Vasudeva got the news and was very eager to congratulate his friend. He immediately went to the place where Nanda Maharaja was staying. When Nanda saw Vasudeva, he felt that he had regained his life
- When some brahmanas were requested by Nanda to circumambulate Govardhan Hill, they told him that they were more interested in offering benedictions than in circumambulating Govardhan Hill. This is an instance of laziness caused by self-satisfaction
- When the twin arjuna trees fell to the ground, making a sound like the falling of thunderbolts, all the inhabitants of Gokula, including Nanda, immediately came to the spot. They were very astonished to see how the two great trees had suddenly fallen
- When the two brothers attacked Kamsa on the throne, Their parents feared that now Kamsa would finally get the opportunity to kill their (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) sons, whom they had hidden for so long in the house of Nanda Maharaja
- When the two confidential servants of the Supreme Lord, who were named Nanda and Sunanda, approached him, smiling happily, Dhruva stood with folded hands, bowing humbly. They then addressed him as follows
- When Uddhava was about to leave, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, headed by Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda, came to bid him good-bye and presented him with various kinds of valuable goods secured in Vrndavana
- When Vasudeva was speaking to Nanda Maharaja in this way, he was influenced by a great feeling for the friendship of Nanda Maharaja and the beneficial activities executed by King Nanda on his behalf
- While describing the uncommon activities of Krsna before Uddhava, Nanda Maharaja gradually became overwhelmed and could no longer speak
- While going to the house of Maharaja Nanda, the gopis, their earrings, breasts and garlands moving, were brilliantly beautiful
- While Nanda Maharaj was giving protection to His transcendental son in this way, all of a sudden there were drops of tears in his eyes, and he became overwhelmed with joy
- While Nanda Maharaja was returning home, he considered Vasudeva's warning that there might be some disturbance in Gokula. Certainly the advice was friendly and not false. So Nanda thought, "There is some truth in it"