sympathy | sympathies | sympathetic | sympathetically | sympathisers | sympathize | sympathizer | sympathizers | sympathizing
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Benevolent (11 C, 29 P)
- ► Pity (5 C, 46 P)
Pages in category "Sympathy"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- A forest fire takes place automatically, without anyone's endeavor, by the friction of dried wood, and no fire department or sympathetic person can extinguish it
- A person who goes to the temple of the Lord and worships with great devotion, but who does not show sympathy to people in general or show respect to other devotees, is considered to be a third-class devotee
- A practical example of a condemned species of life is the dog. Dogs are so condemned that they never show any sympathy to their contemporaries
- A pure devotee of the Lord automatically develops all godly qualities, and some of the prominent features are as follows: 3) fixed, self-controlled, a balanced eater, sane, mannerly, prideless, grave, sympathetic, friendly, poetic, expert and silent
- Accepting us as Your own eternal servants and devotees, be pleased with us and sympathetic toward us
- After hearing all this, they (the gopis) became actually very sympathetic. Then all the gopis, including Radharani, proceeded further into the forest, until they could no longer see the moonlight
- Any membership will make the people sympathetic to our movement
- As far as the deer was concerned, Bharata Maharaja became very sympathetic, but he forgot that it was impossible for him to elevate a deer to spiritual consciousness, because, after all, a deer is but an animal
- As soon as they (the gopis) knew that Krsna had also left Radharani and that She was alone lamenting for Him, they became more sympathetic to Her
- At the present moment if one man is attacked, the passersby will not care for it because they have lost their sympathy or mercifulness for others. Our neighbor may starve, but we don't care for it
- Bhismadeva was always a sincerely sympathetic well-wisher, grandfather, friend and philosopher to Maharaja Yudhisthira, even up to the last moment of his life
- By Your love-filled glance, with its cool and pleasing smile of sympathy, and by the sweet, nectarean words emanating from Your beautiful face, free us from the anxiety caused by this Vrtrasura, who always pains the cores of our hearts
- Even the so-called vegetarians who do not take Krishna prasadam are as much sinful as the non-vegetarians. Our propaganda is different, to make people Krishna Conscious, which automatically makes them sympathetic against any kind of animal slaughter
- Even they are going to jail daily, but still they will not stop their chanting and distributing. When they go to jail, they refuse to eat the food, and in this way so much public sympathy is there
- He (Kamsa) personally unlocked the iron shackles and very sympathetically showed his friendship for his family members. When Devaki saw her brother so repentant, she also became pacified and forgot all his atrocious activities against her children
- He (the intelligent person) is happy because he has no anxieties of material existence, but as a compassionate sympathizer he feels unhappiness for the suffering materialistic men
- He has advanced so much, and I could not do so." This is material civilization. Envious, grhamedhi. Everyone is envious. Either you take person to person or neighbor to neighbor, their sympathy is lip sympathy
- Householders who perform their work with a view to transcendental results, out of sympathy for all others, are really eligible to become public leaders. All others who claim to be public leaders are mistaken
- How can a person who is most affectionate to his family, the core of his heart being always filled with their pictures, give up their association? Specifically, a wife is always very kind and sympathetic and always pleases her husband in a solitary place
- I am very much hopeful of success of the attempt and I am seeking your good consultation if it is possible to have full sympathetic cooperation of my Godbrothers in India in this adventure
- I have a programme for this job by the order of my spiritual master and I have come to Bombay to enlist some sympathisers with my object
- I have got sympathy for everyone. Unfortunately nobody cares to hear
- I love you. Therefore you'll die and you'll become a dog, so I am taking sympathy on you that "Don't become a dog"
- I shall try to turn the Indians there to become sympathetic to our temple, but most of them being non-Vaisnavas, they may not take to our strict Vaisnava principles. Therefore, they are hopeless to the 80%
- I think George does not require to become my formal disciple because he is already more than my disciple. He has sympathy for my movement and I have all blessings for him
- If actually there is any sympathizer for the fallen conditioned souls, he is a Vaisnava. He knows why they are suffering. Therefore he wants to give him the information: "My dear friend, you are suffering simply for forgetting your real lover, Krsna"
- If I go to India for some days, I am sure I shall be able to collect a considerable amount of money for this purpose, but I wish that people from this part of the world should be sympathetic with my movement
- If one does not know of the material sufferings of fallen souls and becomes sympathetic because of bodily comforts, as in the case of Bharata Maharaja, such sympathy or compassion is the cause of one's downfall
- If one is actually sympathetic to fallen, suffering humanity, he should try to elevate people from material consciousness to spiritual consciousness
- If one is at all sympathetic or able to do good to others, he should endeavor to raise people to Krsna consciousness. In this way everyone advances spiritually by the grace of the Lord
- If you can gain the sympathy there of the government, local state or national, that will so much enhance our prestige
- If, instead of treating the people's inherent disease - atheism - the leaders simply show a superficial sympathy for the disease's symptoms, certainly there will be no benefit whatsoever for suffering humanity
- In order to sympathize with the boys' regrettable condition, even the forest friends, the deer, are shedding tears
- Intelligent and sympathetic disciples
- Is sympathetic with this movement. Everyone wants godlessness. And this movement is preaching about God, so nobody likes us
- It appears this part of the world ( central America) is very, very sympathetic with our movement, so you may supply Karandhara with all the news reports and request him to send men to open centers
- Local sympathizers
- Lord Buddha, he cheated the demons. Why he cheated? Sadaya-hrdaya darsita-pasu-ghatam. He was very compassionate. God is always sympathetic to all living entities because everyone is His son
- Lord Narayana offered His respects and obeisances unto Vrkasura just to attract his sympathy and attention
- Nobody is going to disturb you (Hansaduta) there (in Ceylon). Make your own field and continue to become rttvik and act on my charge. People are becoming sympathetic there. The place is very nice
- Now, somebody's stealing for the sake of family maintenance, doing so many sinful activities, but when they are scattered again by the laws of nature, nobody will be sympathetic to me if I suffer for my own sinful activities
- Please therefore try to be sympathetic with any person even if they differ. The only qualification we have to scrutinize is if one is acting in Krishna Consciousness as far as one is able to do it
- Prahlada Maharaja said: A wife is always very kind and sympathetic and always pleases her husband in a solitary place. Who could give up the association of such a dear and affectionate wife?
- Sri Vyasadeva and his many disciples were all historical personalities, and they were very kind and sympathetic toward the fallen souls of this age of Kali
- Sympathetic good lady as she was, Srimati Draupadi did not want to put the wife of Dronacarya in the same position of childlessness, both from the point of motherly feelings and from the respectable position held by the wife of Dronacarya
- The gopis said, "It appears that they must have passed through here and touched your bodies, and thus you are feeling so pleasant and are looking toward us with sympathy. Will you kindly, therefore, inform us which way Krsna has gone?"
- The Lord, being the Supersoul, is extremely dear to everyone. Why, then, should the Lord display unsympathetic behavior toward the asuras? How is this impartial?
- The Mexican public is very sympathetic, so produce voluminously Spanish language literature
- The officer whom I met was very sympathetic & he said that Immigration visa from this side would take a long time for being granted better I took the visitors visa - so I have accepted it
- The other palanquin carriers were sudras, whereas Jada Bharata was not only a high-caste brahmana but also a great devotee. Sudras do not sympathize with other living beings, but a Vaisnava cannot act like a sudra
- The youth of America who are so searching I am very much sympathetic with them and their qualification of detachment to the material advancement of civilization will alone help them to advance in Krishna or God consciousness
- Their hair became disarrayed, their ornaments fell, and in a way that evoked sympathy from the hearts of others, the queens began lamenting their husband's death
- There are four divisions of members; life member, donor member, subscriber member, and common member. So any membership will make the people sympathetic to our movement and it will be a stride toward our progressive march
- There was, a great yogi known as Saubhari Muni who used to meditate within the water there and who was sympathetic with the fish. He asked Garuda not to come there and disturb the fish
- These are bad company. We cannot have any sympathy. We cannot make any compromise with everyone. That is not possible
- This rascal government takes taxes and spend unnecessarily. That's all. This is their intelligence. A set of asses. That's all. They have no sympathy "that this hard-earned money is coming from the public, and we are spending like anything"
- Those who are not Vaisnavas consider only human society worthy of their sympathy, but Krsna claims to be the supreme father of all life forms. Consequently the Vaisnava takes care not to annihilate untimely or unnecessarily any life form
- To respectable persons he (Prahlada) acted exactly like a menial servant, to the poor he was like a father and to his equals he was attached like a sympathetic brother
- To respectable persons he acted exactly like a menial servant, to the poor he was like a father, to his equals he was attached like a sympathetic brother, and he considered his teachers, spiritual masters and older Godbrothers to be as good as the SPG
- Try to concentrate on these farm projects. Let the villagers come and hear, and distribute prasadam. In this way draw their sympathy and gradually they'll become our associates. Then they can come to live with us and work with us
- We are not callous; we are very much sympathetic to give them knowledge. How do you say? The devotees are not callous. Why they are touring all over the world, accepting so much trouble, opposition?
- We cannot become sympathetic with everyone. That is not our policy
- We should learn how to do good to the people in general. They have forgotten their relationship with God. You should be sympathetic for them. That they're suffering on account of their forgetfulness of God, let us do some service
- We should very sympathetically treat amongst ourselves so that our missionary activities may go on without being hampered
- When a person is advanced in spiritual consciousness or Krsna consciousness, he naturally becomes very sympathetic toward all living entities suffering in the material world. Naturally such an advanced person thinks of the suffering of people in general
- When Prahlada Maharaj was within the womb of his mother, she was being sympathetically instructed by Narada about the science of devotional service
- When Soma, the king of the trees & predominating deity of the moon, saw the fire & wind burning all the trees to ashes, he felt great sympathy because he is the maintainer of all herbs & trees. To appease the anger of the Pracetas, Soma spoke as follows
- When we are teaching, it is because the people are suffering on account of ignorance. Therefore we are teaching. How we are callous? We are not callous; we are very much sympathetic to give them knowledge
- With great difficulty we get a man. We have to reform them. Our business is to become sympathetic to fallen souls. So in future do not do it all. Everything should be done amicably